Target Clearance Thread XXII

Not sure if it's clearance but Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer is on sale for $20 & $25 with the NFC reader
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Hmmm im tempted to pick this up for my daughter because she wants it even though I told her again and again it kind of sucks and its not the usual animal crossing game

Go to google
Search for "peach wii remote upc"
Go to brickseek
Put in the UPC
Brickseek will not only search your area, but also return the DCPI for you

Only one store in my area had any. I picked one up yesterday for $19.98

My local store had 4 of those when I went on Monday. If anybody needs one, I can check back today to see if they still have them.

Edit: nevermind, brickseek says there is one left now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to google
Search for "peach wii remote upc"
Go to brickseek
Put in the UPC
Brickseek will not only search your area, but also return the DCPI for you

Only one store in my area had any. I picked one up yesterday for $19.98
AWWW im expected to work?

LOL no thanks that worked great

Latina from the library update: Saw her for the first time in about 5 months. She was flirting hard with me, probably b/c she is now pregnant.

She after my trade credit.

Latina from the library update: Saw her for the first time in about 5 months. She was flirting hard with me, probably b/c she is now pregnant.

She after my trade credit.
Lol, I have no idea but this is funny! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

Picked up Godzilla for the PS4 on clearance for $13.98. DPCI 207-34-0450. I'll probably be able to get it cheaper eventually even though I used my 10% employee discount and my 5% red card discount against the $13.98 clearance price.

I was able to get the studios for $89 yesterday. the only ones on clearance are the red ones, but if your store still has them, i would check it out. Mine were still labeled $209, but since i work there I just scanned it myself to check the price
whats the dpci code for those red studios??? thanks.

Just came back from Target and found some unexpected items on clearance.

Princess Peach Wii remote - $19.98 (207-00-0973)

Blue Wii remote - $19.98 (207-00-0972)

DKC 3D - $14.98 (207-02-01445)

Mario and Luigi Dream Team - $19.98 (207-02-1460)

FE: Awakening - $19.98 (207-02-1431)

Wii Party U w/ Wii remote - $24.98 (207-30-0032)

Ended up grabbing a FE and Dream Team. Not sure why FE was on clearance at that one store since all other stores around me are still selling it at retail, but not complaining. Deal was too good to pass up.

Well, first thanks, Unit, for the initial heads up (that I saw. My apologies if someone else was first somewhere), and to the others that followed with the DCPI for this. Alas, I searched brickseek in my area, and no one had any near me, and the ones that did weren't reasonably close for a weeknight. However...

Nintendo Wii remote peach version 50% off --&19.99 -- amongst a good amount of other game stuff. Will post dcpis later
We did go out of town, and decided to pop into the Target there for some other stuff. So, I cruised the clearance areas, and decided, heck, why not just see what the Nintendo section has...you never know....

And well, Silvarak down there beat me to it.

Peach Wii remote - $19.98 (207-00-0973)

Ended up grabbing a FE and Dream Team. Not sure why FE was on clearance at that one store since all other stores around me are still selling it at retail, but not complaining. Deal was too good to pass up.
This particular store had a bunch of blue wii remotes on clearance (locked behind glass),

[attachment=20917:20160309_202508.jpg]

and four of the "classic gamepad" (that's what it is right?) for $9.98. I ended up getting four remotes for the fam and I, and two classic controllers, as well. Interesting thing about trying to purchase the remotes though, which I'll address shortly.

There were like 18 of 'em or so. Anywho, so I find an associate, and I ask if he can unlock the case for the remotes. He asked how many I wanted. I said four. Now, I'm getting them for play and backup, not for flipping or something. I say this because he then says to me that they can only sell one per customer. I was like, "Wha?"

He explained that they were on clearance - that gets a "duh" from me - and that they wanted to make sure there were enough for other guests. If someone bought them all, then there wouldn't be any for anyone else - "duh" two - and since they were clearance, they wouldn't be getting anymore in stock - "duh" to the third power. And they have a problem with "resellers". Well, gee whiz. Like I said, I'm not buying to flip 99% of the time -- I mean sometimes, if it's dirt cheap and the resell is high, you'd almost be foolish not to make a profit and buy it back later. But if that's what people want to do...then fine. It's their item now! lol...yeesh.

Anywho, that seemed wild and crazy to me. I mean, it IS clearance. You ARE trying to flush them out of the store. And people WILL buy them. After that, who cares what they do to them. I think people understand that clearance and other high velocity sales are "first come, first serve, limited quantity, while supplies last, etc." I'd love to get some of these items, but if they're gone. Darn. My bad luck. But I'm not going to rag the store about it.

So, I ask, well, my wife is with me. So, can I get one and she will, too? "Sure." And in the same sentence, he says, "You can get two, and she can get two. We can do separate transactions." Well, already he's confused about his own story/policy. But whatever. Have any of you experienced this at other stores? Is this maybe a store level or even an individual's own vigilante campaign against hoarders agenda? In my mind, those are both viable possibilities.

Anywho, long story short or...

TL; DR: a local store had buttloads of the blue remote on sale at $19.98, along with a few of the "classic controller" for $9.98 -- although the transaction was a might strange (see above).

So, look around, as the posts above attest, there's all kinds of clearance at the moment. I just had peach on my mind, and lucked into these others.

My heartiest thanks to everyone who posted this info, and all the unsung others who post deals that you run across. You folks are awesome.

Well, first thanks, Unit, for the initial heads up (that I saw. My apologies if someone else was first somewhere), and to the others that followed with the DCPI for this. Alas, I searched brickseek in my area, and no one had any near me, and the ones that did weren't reasonably close for a weeknight. However...

We did go out of town, and decided to pop into the Target there for some other stuff. So, I cruised the clearance areas, and decided, heck, why not just see what the Nintendo section has...you never know....

And well, Silvarak down there beat me to it.

This particular store had a bunch of blue wii remotes on clearance (locked behind glass),

attachicon.gif
20160309_202508.jpg

and four of the "classic gamepad" (that's what it is right?) for $9.98. I ended up getting four remotes for the fam and I, and two classic controllers, as well. Interesting thing about trying to purchase the remotes though, which I'll address shortly.

There were like 18 of 'em or so. Anywho, so I find an associate, and I ask if he can unlock the case for the remotes. He asked how many I wanted. I said four. Now, I'm getting them for play and backup, not for flipping or something. I say this because he then says to me that they can only sell one per customer. I was like, "Wha?"

He explained that they were on clearance - that gets a "duh" from me - and that they wanted to make sure there were enough for other guests. If someone bought them all, then there wouldn't be any for anyone else - "duh" two - and since they were clearance, they wouldn't be getting anymore in stock - "duh" to the third power. And they have a problem with "resellers". Well, gee whiz. Like I said, I'm not buying to flip 99% of the time -- I mean sometimes, if it's dirt cheap and the resell is high, you'd almost be foolish not to make a profit and buy it back later. But if that's what people want to do...then fine. It's their item now! lol...yeesh.

Anywho, that seemed wild and crazy to me. I mean, it IS clearance. You ARE trying to flush them out of the store. And people WILL buy them. After that, who cares what they do to them. I think people understand that clearance and other high velocity sales are "first come, first serve, limited quantity, while supplies last, etc." I'd love to get some of these items, but if they're gone. Darn. My bad luck. But I'm not going to rag the store about it.

So, I ask, well, my wife is with me. So, can I get one and she will, too? "Sure." And in the same sentence, he says, "You can get two, and she can get two. We can do separate transactions." Well, already he's confused about his own story/policy. But whatever. Have any of you experienced this at other stores? Is this maybe a store level or even an individual's own vigilante campaign against hoarders agenda? In my mind, those are both viable possibilities.

Anywho, long story short or...

TL; DR: a local store had buttloads of the blue remote on sale at $19.98, along with a few of the "classic controller" for $9.98 -- although the transaction was a might strange (see above).

So, look around, as the posts above attest, there's all kinds of clearance at the moment. I just had peach on my mind, and lucked into these others.

My heartiest thanks to everyone who posted this info, and all the unsung others who post deals that you run across. You folks are awesome.
Ive had that happen before, but have never been told I can only buy one, usually its 3, but it seems like more and more employees are starting to be real bitches and limit it even further. Its the stupidest thing ever imo and the only people who really give a shit are the electronics guys and bossy managers with nothing else to do but monitor inventory

Some Targets just have Jr. Detectives and Little Man Syndrome electronics supervisors that like to make up their own rules and exercise what little authority they think they have.  You can call them on their BS and still do it with a smile, ask why not, ask when he needs to you come back to buy a second one, ask who makes the rules, get help from a different employee, talk loudly and make them look unreasonable because they are being unreasonable, etc.   They almost always relent if you talk to them properly.  They are also often just fishing for / trying to prevent resellers.  Just give them a BS story about how your sister needs one and this is ridiculous.  It really doesn't take much of a fuss and you don't need to be a jerk.   But call them on their BS.   These people need to be put in their place. 

Most importantly, they can do what they want.  Such as sell you XX of something right after getting done telling you that it has come down from the manager's manager that its one per guest. 

back when the 2ds was on clearance I tried to get 4 of them (3 to split among the 6 nieces / nephews and 1 for me) and the store had at least 50-60 of them.  They told me that since I was with my gf I could buy 2.  They were a pretty good price but I didn't feel like dealing with this particular employee so we just said forget it.    This same electronics jr detective once stonewalled me out of a clearance laptop (he was surprised it was on clearance and then gave me the most obvious stalling tactics until I finally gave up).  

Princess Peach Wii remote - $19.98 (207-00-0973)

Thank you! My local Target had 20 of the controllers so got some for myself and my family. Found a bunch of online and as-is LEGO's and games for less than $5. Highlight's below

• $1.76 Cabela's Dangaerous Hunts 2013 Wii U
  • $5.06 Transformers Prime Wii U
  • $22.76 LEGO Friends 41015
Also found a bunch of rare Skylanders too.

Thank you! My local Target had 20 of the controllers so got some for myself and my family. Found a bunch of online and as-is LEGO's and games for less than $5. Highlight's below

• $1.76 Cabela's Dangaerous Hunts 2013 Wii U
  • $5.06 Transformers Prime Wii U
  • $10.46 LEGO Friends 41015
Also found a bunch of rare Skylanders too.
Wow great deals. Do you have a dpci for the lego friends set

[Jr. Detecs suck]
But we'll keep getting these deals and

giphy.gif

Just keep on deal hunting!

Why Pika? You'll see...

[attachment=20931:LINE_P20160310_102050771.jpg][attachment=20933:LINE_P20160310_102050782.jpg][attachment=20932:LINE_P20160310_102050779.jpg]

A PS3 bundle was $175.01. "repackage". Slim. 320GB. Useless Move accessories. Always wanted a new one. Noice.

Two n3DS systems for $140.01. Also Repackage. Never opened from what I can tell.

Pokemon Platinum :ds: $17.48 DPCI is 207-02-0052

Not a bad day for deals...day of infamy for my budget.

I forgot to mention LOL...I saw a bunch of Nintendo Selects up. Don't try to buy them yet though, take it from someone who tried.

I understand some get mad at Target employees for not allowing people to buy multiples of clearance or sale priced items but actually it is corporate that has come down on resellers. Maybe 6 months ago, Target corporate sent out a memo to AP that they will no longer allow people to buy multiples of the same clearance items or allow people to use discounts, 5% off pharmacy reward coupons (which no longer exist since CVS bought Target's pharmacies), or tax exemption "certificates" while buying multiples of the same item whether it be on sale or clearance. Target is not a wholesale retailer and to be fair, everyone deserves the same chance or opportunity to find "a good deal" rather than coming into the store and all the inventory is been bought up by the same person. The Target I work for has received many complaints from guests that come in mid Sunday or later and all of a sale item is already sold out. A lot of times this is due to resellers coming in early morning and buying up the entire inventory and using rewards, discounts, and tax exemption "certificates".

Personally, I don't like resellers. In my eyes, they're scavengers that take good sale items or clearance items away from people that actually want to use the product. Being a CAG is a person that looks for good deals for themselves or other CAGs. Not a person who basically takes away from other CAGs by buying up an entire inventory due to greed to make a quick couple of dollars. Sorry for the wall of words.

I understand some get mad at Target employees for not allowing people to buy multiples of clearance or sale priced items but actually it is corporate that has come down on resellers. Maybe 6 months ago, Target corporate sent out a memo to AP that they will no longer allow people to buy multiples of the same clearance items or allow people to use discounts, 5% off pharmacy reward coupons (which no longer exist since CVS bought Target's pharmacies), or tax exemption "certificates" while buying multiples of the same item whether it be on sale or clearance. Target is not a wholesale retailer and to be fair, everyone deserves the same chance or opportunity to find "a good deal" rather than coming into the store and all the inventory is been bought up by the same person. The Target I work for has received many complaints from guests that come in mid Sunday or later and all of a sale item is already sold out. A lot of times this is due to resellers coming in early morning and buying up the entire inventory and using rewards, discounts, and tax exemption "certificates".

Personally, I don't like resellers. In my eyes, they're scavengers that take good sale items or clearance items away from people that actually want to use the product. Being a CAG is a person that looks for good deals for themselves or other CAGs. Not a person who basically takes away from other CAGs by buying up an entire inventory due to greed to make a quick couple of dollars. Sorry for the wall of words.
The problem is that when someone wants to buy 2 or 4 or 6 of something and legitimately aren't going to resell, how does that person not be labeled as a reseller? I get what Target's point is, but they're catching a few dolphins when they are fishing for tuna.

The problem is that when someone wants to buy 2 or 4 or 6 of something and legitimately aren't going to resell, how does that person not be labeled as a reseller? I get what Target's point is, but they're catching a few dolphins when they are fishing for tuna.
That's true but they'll please more guests by having an item available to buy rather than displeasing a few people that want to by multiples because majority of guests don't buy multiples of the same item when it comes to electronics.

I'd rather them limit the numbers. I think a lot of this came about after the Lily Pulitzer debacle last year. That was apparently a nightmare where people were going as far as loading carts up and charging people to take things out of their cart. The amount of complaints on their Facebook at the time was crazy.

I'd rather them limit the numbers. I think a lot of this came about after the Lily Pulitzer debacle last year. That was apparently a nightmare where people were going as far as loading carts up and charging people to take things out of their cart. The amount of complaints on their Facebook at the time was crazy.
Absolutely correct. I remember that day when people were just grabbing multiples of the same items not caring about the size. Thousands of items from that clothing line went up on eBay within hours of Target opening, many being sold by the same sellers.

I certainly think their should be limits, but not for clearance, close out, etc items. The point of these sales is to clear stock as soon as possible. If someone wants to buy X amount let them. I can understand and am for limiting stuff in weekly ads and the like but something that is meant to be gone soon, shouldn't be limited.

The issues that happen before for Target are bad but they could have been solved if they actually handled these launches properly. It is store by store but letting 100 people storm a store is not a good idea. All those items should have been at customer service with a limit set by the store or ad. 

I certainly think their should be limits, but not for clearance, close out, etc items. The point of these sales is to clear stock as soon as possible. If someone wants to buy X amount let them. I can understand and am for limiting stuff in weekly ads and the like but something that is meant to be gone soon, shouldn't be limited.

The issues that happen before for Target are bad but they could have been solved if they actually handled these launches properly. It is store by store but letting 100 people storm a store is not a good idea. All those items should have been at customer service with a limit set by the store or ad.
Look at like this, you see a post here on this thread that there is a good game or item on clearance for cheap at Target. You check your local Target via store inventory finder, brick seek, etc, and they say they have 10+ available. You take the time to drive there and when you arrive, the item is no longer available due to one person buying up the entire inventory (which happens more often than you think). A lot of people are going to be mad at Target employees for allowing this to happen when you just wanted one. Maybe not necessarily you but more than often this happens and it does become a PR or guest relations problem.

Maybe the employees at Target should stop putting out Sunday ad stuff before Sunday then.  Then there will be stock available for Sunday opening.  The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at any of these stores.   They have workers bouncing around from dept to dept and nobody knows what's going on. 

Also stop putting stuff out on pegs and then telling people it's limited to one per person.  It's just asinine at times.  Lock it up, control and distribute it then if that's the case.  Nobody gives a shit at these stores and then some of the workers want to act like they care.

Look at like this, you see a post here on this thread that there is a good game or item on clearance for cheap at Target. You check your local Target via store inventory finder, brick seek, etc, and they say they have 10+ available. You take the time to drive there and when you arrive, the item is no longer available due to one person buying up the entire inventory (which happens more often than you think). A lot of people are going to be mad at Target employees for allowing this to happen when you just wanted one. Maybe not necessarily you but more than often this happens and it does become a PR or guest relations problem.
The difference is that he's had years to buy this and hasn't yet. I can agree if it's something with a very limited window or an item that always sells out, but this has been sitting on the shelf and Target wants it gone.

COUGH Nuka Cola COUGH

To those who ordered the dishonor 2 price mistake. you other will cancelled if shipping is not updated.
I resurrected that old thread and informed its subscribers. :)

The difference is that he's had years to buy this and hasn't yet. I can agree if it's something with a very limited window or an item that always sells out, but this has been sitting on the shelf and Target wants it gone.
He might have had years to buy this item but not at the clearance or sale price. I've bought many items on clearance that I ordinarily wouldn't have bought. Only bought them due the great clearance price.

bread's done
Back