Target Clearance Thread XXII

Don't do it. Yes it's convenient but there's a lot of reasons not to: the pods are a waste of money, they're terrible for the environment, the machines are engineered to fail , and each new model blocks more and more third party pods from working. Just don't do it.
That's some fancy paranoia. Not that you're necessarily wrong, but that'd be pretty bad business to make machines designed to fail in an ecosystem that's so easy for people to leave. Coffee was already really easy to make, it's pretty easy to abandon keurig stuff and your quality of life not be utterly decimated.

That said, we've had one for a year or so (cheapo pre-chip model) and get those slightly-less-environmentally-awful-I-guess sf bay pods. considering my wife was making her coffee in a percolator this was a definite step up in convenience for us. cleaning the percolator sucks. otherwise it's not any more interesting or convenient than a regular drip coffee maker as far as I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more convenient than regular drip coffee by far. No measuring coffee, and no filter to deal with.

But Keurigs brew the least concentrated coffee out of any method. If that matters to you, don't bother. I've tried about 15-20 different kinds of pods so far, and all but one tastes watery. I can taste the difference easily, but I don't use creamer of any sort.

Found some World of Nintendo plushes at 50% off in the Springfield PA Target (not the one attached to the Springfield Mall)

Sunset Isle Link (the one in the light blue shirt)

AC Rover

Both were $3.98 each, they had 2 Rovers and 3 Links I think.

I found a couple small creator sets on clearence at target, the chopper transporter and a small jet.
Original price was $9.99 marked down to $4.98
The dpci for the jet is 204001584 and for the chopper transporter was 204001585
Those are actually showing $5 locally and in stock. Let's hope the price is reflected in store.

Spotted :3ds: Disney Infinity Toy Box Challenge Starter Pack $15.04.

While checking out, I also got a free holifoil Magikarp Pokemon TCG card. Was it a promo for the Pokken Tournament release?

Spotted :3ds: Disney Infinity Toy Box Challenge Starter Pack $15.04.

While checking out, I also got a free holifoil Magikarp Pokemon TCG card. Was it a promo for the Pokken Tournament release?
Don't know if it was that specifically but it was a kids thing that's supposed to be going on today.

Found some World of Nintendo plushes at 50% off in the Springfield PA Target (not the one attached to the Springfield Mall)

Sunset Isle Link (the one in the light blue shirt)

AC Rover

Both were $3.98 each, they had 2 Rovers and 3 Links I think.
Do you have The DCPIs of the plushes? There's some targets nearby me that still have stacks of them.

Don't do it. Yes it's convenient but there's a lot of reasons not to: the pods are a waste of money, they're terrible for the environment, the machines are engineered to fail , and each new model blocks more and more third party pods from working. Just don't do it.
I think you need one of these:

4vMnOOB.jpg

Are most Keurigs decent? I am tempted to buy the K350 for $70 tomorrow at Meijer. Clearance price.
It's long past tomorrow but I'll answer your question anyway. That is a complicated question. First about the "engineered to fail" thing...a Keurig is designed very well you have all kinds of electronics and water and heat and other bits going on. Problem is it's also designed horribly, one of those thing fails and the time and expense required to fix a machine aren't worth it. There's a year warranty and if something goes wrong they replace it and give you a new year warranty from the date you receive the fixed one. If it breaks after they give you a credit for their store which is usually around half off a comparable unit. Between mine, the office and friends I can tell you of seven units still going strong after 2 to 6 years. On the other hand I can tell you about two units that failed within 6 months and one of those was replaced with a unit that died in three months. I'll give my advise on buying a Keurig under a spoiler before this becomes cheapasscoffeedrinkers

I like my coffee STRONG my ex would get espresso imported from Italy and I devolved a taste for the strong stuff. But I also like coffee in general for I like my Keurig. I can try various strange flavors and if it isn't good I just give the other cups away. Can't really give away a bag of coffee. My first experience with a Keurig was awful, tasted like you put a little bit of coffee in a full glass of water. I've since learned use the smallest brew size (4 or 6 cups). Personally it's no more watered down than an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. Best way to see if you wouldn't mind the taste is to go to dunkin' donuts after 2pm and get a 99cent medium iced coffee with a flavor shot (the flavor really waters it down) I recommend the pistachio...because it's weird. (the 99cent thing might be regional, they should have a big sign outside if they have that special). Also if you like creamer in your coffee it will cut down on the watered down taste.

The next thing to think about with 2.0 machines is DRM. Since you never had a machine you won't be worrying about your old cups not working. For the most part it applies to brands no one ever heard of at Ollie's and Big Lots. Also rules out the Dollar Tree cups. I can see that bothering many people. But seriously if you have a local gas station or restaurant chain or grocery they may or may not work. I think the only major regional coffee that won't work in a 2.0 is New England Coffee. There are ways around it. Using the top of a 2.0 cup, making a mark with a highlighter or using a florescent sticker (google the methods if you get a 2.0).

Then there's the cost, I get my K-Cups on clearance and various other deals and sadly $0.30 a cup is the average. A scoop from a bag is cheaper, but you have to look at how much you are throwing out. If I made a full pot I'd being throwing out all but two cups, that's a lot of wasted coffee. I could get one of those single cup coffee makers but that takes away from the next point. There's also K-Cup adapters which let you use coffee from a bag.

Convenience (or is it laziness?). I can stick a pod in the machine and press a button. Or I can open a bag, measure it out, scoop it in and wait. I'm saving a few minutes everyday basically.

The pods are not recyclable, so if you care about the environment this is not for you.

There's probably some other things I'm not thinking of at the moment. But that's an overview.

Anyone seen or heard of any clearance printers? I need a cheap wireless one just to print black and white. Thanks!
I'll second the recommendation of a laser. You can get them for around $60 on sale at Staples. The toner is expensive ($70 or more (unless you want to brave remanufactured cartridges)). But you save money. For my office I was buying new black ink for the HPs every month and a half and even though I wasn't using color the color was empty every 6 months. I buy new toner every four months. Saves me around $150 a year.

No judegement at all... but do you actually play with the Legos, or do you have children? I have a friend who puts together sets and it really seems fun. I was thinking about picking up a specialty set at some point

Man... there was one on clearance when I went on Saturday, but I don't remember the model. All I remember is that it was wireless
We don't play with LEGO, we construct LEGO, because we're MEN (men in tights). LEGO isn't for kids anymore. They recently released the Ghostbusters Firehouse and Batcave from the Adam West 60's Batman. The sets are $350 and $270 respectively. If that's too expensive there's the Simpsons house and Kwik-E-Mart at only $200. Yep, LEGO ain't for kids no more. Check out the LEGO shop website and find a theme or some sets you like then swing by the LEGO Deals thread over in non-gaming deals. Someone has built the set or at least something from the theme over there and can give you some thoughts. I mean there's even LEGO Elves fans!

Gamestop had them too.
I didn't see any of those cards at GS, only cards GS was giving out here was Doom monster cards

So does that buy 1 get 1 50% off games sale work on clearanced games this time? I know the last time they ran this sale during winter '14/'15, it worked on clearanced games

Lots of stuff on clearance at my Target - probably spent 45 minutes going through all of the clearance areas. I normally only spend 15 - 20 minutes.

One thing that has not been mentioned is the abundance of humidifiers for 50% off. So, if you have breathing problems or just hate your old humidifier, this would be a good time to do some shopping. 

Lots of stuff on clearance at my Target - probably spent 45 minutes going through all of the clearance areas. I normally only spend 15 - 20 minutes.

One thing that has not been mentioned is the abundance of humidifiers for 50% off. So, if you have breathing problems or just hate your old humidifier, this would be a good time to do some shopping.
I knew I didn't need to see a doctor, when we have CAGMD.

I'm sort of joking but at the same time being serious... breathing problems suck!

I picked up few HoneyWell Heater MSRP $70 down $20. and couples snow shovel 70% off ;)

I think you need one of these:

4vMnOOB.jpg

It's long past tomorrow but I'll answer your question anyway. That is a complicated question. First about the "engineered to fail" thing...a Keurig is designed very well you have all kinds of electronics and water and heat and other bits going on. Problem is it's also designed horribly, one of those thing fails and the time and expense required to fix a machine aren't worth it. There's a year warranty and if something goes wrong they replace it and give you a new year warranty from the date you receive the fixed one. If it breaks after they give you a credit for their store which is usually around half off a comparable unit. Between mine, the office and friends I can tell you of seven units still going strong after 2 to 6 years. On the other hand I can tell you about two units that failed within 6 months and one of those was replaced with a unit that died in three months. I'll give my advise on buying a Keurig under a spoiler before this becomes cheapasscoffeedrinkers

I like my coffee STRONG my ex would get espresso imported from Italy and I devolved a taste for the strong stuff. But I also like coffee in general for I like my Keurig. I can try various strange flavors and if it isn't good I just give the other cups away. Can't really give away a bag of coffee. My first experience with a Keurig was awful, tasted like you put a little bit of coffee in a full glass of water. I've since learned use the smallest brew size (4 or 6 cups). Personally it's no more watered down than an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. Best way to see if you wouldn't mind the taste is to go to dunkin' donuts after 2pm and get a 99cent medium iced coffee with a flavor shot (the flavor really waters it down) I recommend the pistachio...because it's weird. (the 99cent thing might be regional, they should have a big sign outside if they have that special). Also if you like creamer in your coffee it will cut down on the watered down taste.

The next thing to think about with 2.0 machines is DRM. Since you never had a machine you won't be worrying about your old cups not working. For the most part it applies to brands no one ever heard of at Ollie's and Big Lots. Also rules out the Dollar Tree cups. I can see that bothering many people. But seriously if you have a local gas station or restaurant chain or grocery they may or may not work. I think the only major regional coffee that won't work in a 2.0 is New England Coffee. There are ways around it. Using the top of a 2.0 cup, making a mark with a highlighter or using a florescent sticker (google the methods if you get a 2.0).

Then there's the cost, I get my K-Cups on clearance and various other deals and sadly $0.30 a cup is the average. A scoop from a bag is cheaper, but you have to look at how much you are throwing out. If I made a full pot I'd being throwing out all but two cups, that's a lot of wasted coffee. I could get one of those single cup coffee makers but that takes away from the next point. There's also K-Cup adapters which let you use coffee from a bag.

Convenience (or is it laziness?). I can stick a pod in the machine and press a button. Or I can open a bag, measure it out, scoop it in and wait. I'm saving a few minutes everyday basically.

The pods are not recyclable, so if you care about the environment this is not for you.

There's probably some other things I'm not thinking of at the moment. But that's an overview.

I'll second the recommendation of a laser. You can get them for around $60 on sale at Staples. The toner is expensive ($70 or more (unless you want to brave remanufactured cartridges)). But you save money. For my office I was buying new black ink for the HPs every month and a half and even though I wasn't using color the color was empty every 6 months. I buy new toner every four months. Saves me around $150 a year.

We don't play with LEGO, we construct LEGO, because we're MEN (men in tights). LEGO isn't for kids anymore. They recently released the Ghostbusters Firehouse and Batcave from the Adam West 60's Batman. The sets are $350 and $270 respectively. If that's too expensive there's the Simpsons house and Kwik-E-Mart at only $200. Yep, LEGO ain't for kids no more. Check out the LEGO shop website and find a theme or some sets you like then swing by the LEGO Deals thread over in non-gaming deals. Someone has built the set or at least something from the theme over there and can give you some thoughts. I mean there's even LEGO Elves fans!
So which Keurigs do you recommend that can last a long time and can use different pods from different retailers?

I could not tell from the photo, but you do have to be careful when purchasing hard liquor from Target. Most grocery stores are not eligible to sell liquor with the same alcohol content found at liquor stores and bars. In other words, if liquor X is normally 80 proof (40 percent alcohol), you are probably purchasing 40 proof (20 percent alcohol). Having said that, I have seen really solid brands of beer -- mainly seasonal recipes -- marked down at Target. A good way to try different flavors without breaking the bank.

looks like the Bacardi might work with the free $10 gift card with $50 purchase of select food and beverage items promo, too.

Only clearance game I saw was Ryse: Son of Rome for like $25.

Did find and see some decent clothes, though. They had a ton of socks marked down and a bunch of pajama pants and matching but separate long sleeve pajama shirts. Batman, Superman and Avengers for $4.98 each. Grabbed an Avengers shirt. Probably would've grabbed the pants too, but I bought like a dozen Joe Boxer ones at K-Mart the other year when they were $1.99.

Also, grabbed a dry-wick Champion shirt in the 70% rack for $3.88. Also of note, they had some Mossimo dress pants for $8.98. I considered grabbing a pair as they had one my size and the price was right, but then I remembered I haven't worn dress pants in over a decade. And a side note, they were really skinny in the legs.

Besides that, I saw a rack of Star Wars cups/mugs/bottles. The prices weren't all that great. They did have a nice metal Darth Vader travel mug but it was like $9.98.

Oh, and I looked at some curtains. They had some of those good Eclipse ones that block out 99% sunlight for $6-10 which is a great price, but they didn't have any two that matched. Well, they had one set that was neon green, but they were the kind that didn't advertise 99% sunlight block, just heat control. And my room is bright red as I never repainted it.

Got   :ps3:  Sleeping Dogs (207-24-0743) - $4.98

Also there if I remember correctly:

:ps3: Bioshock 2 - $4.98

:ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - $9.98

:360: Battlefield 4 (207-22-1041) - $9.98

:ps3: FUSE (207-24-0860) - $9.98

:ps4: Call of Duty: Ghosts (207-34-2222) - $14.98

:ps3: Prototype 2 (207-24-0695) - $14.98

:wiiu:  Darksider 2 (207-30-0698) - $29.98

I've been looking for curtains but the only ones I've seen since some started going clearance were single panels with no mate or hideous ones that no one would want.

Left 4 Dead 2 (207-22-0433) $9.98

Rayman Orgins PS3 (207-24-0848) - $9.98

Stacked with the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off came out to $15.08 out the door.

Found & purchased a 50' 4K Vizio (M series) for $445 (380 after discounts). Gaming & Anime looking incredible on it, however some lower resolutions tv shows look  ugh. I feel like it's worth the purchase, looks better than my old 47' vizio that I had for about 4 years.  5 HDMIs, 1usb and a keyboard remote.

It's going to replaced with a D series version, which have 1/4 of the contrast ration of the M series (5million vs 20million).  And lower specs

I found a star wars dark side water bottle, stainless steel BPA free for $5.98 originally $19.99 DPCI 200022790

And a snow brush ice scraper combination if you live in snow country  for $3.48 originally $9.78 DPCI 092110006

Nothing new for gaming, but I did see a Samsung Gear Circle Wireless Headphone for $30 (70% markdown), DPCI 080-08-2758. Mixed reviews from customers of other retailers.

Found & purchased a 50' 4K Vizio (M series) for $445 (380 after discounts). Gaming & Anime looking incredible on it, however some lower resolutions tv shows look ugh. I feel like it's worth the purchase, looks better than my old 47' vizio that I had for about 4 years.
Man, 50 ft? That's a good deal. But be careful if you sit too close to that you may go blind. Jk😄

Has anyone seen Destiny The Taken King Beanie Hats that were with purchase beanie hats at your stores?

DCPI on brickseeker shows a bunch of stores still have them but I've gone to two so far and they've had 0. (they had 6-7 ea on brickseeker)

Has anyone seen Destiny The Taken King Beanie Hats that were with purchase beanie hats at your stores?

DCPI on brickseeker shows a bunch of stores still have them but I've gone to two so far and they've had 0. (they had 6-7 ea on brickseeker)
Ask an employee to check the back stockroom. I remember looking for a game once and brickseek showed 3, but I got a employee to check his Target scan gun and it actually showed 7 and they were all located in the back stockroom.

Have you tried putting the dcpi into the price check scanners at the store? Those usually tell the amount on hand and the location.

I saw some a few months ago at one of the stores I check. They were still $7.99.

What is the DPCI? If you're on the hunt for one, I can probably find them. Lots of stores in my area. (I say this, now watch them all be sold out.)

There's a Destiny Taken King beanie that was a gift with purchase. Not clearance yet, but it should be eventually.

DCPI for down the line: 207-34-0052

And thanks Sov.
This is DCPI, I was trying to see if any of my stores had put them on clearance, if its $8 still I guess Ill just pass for now.

I want one, the beanie is nice, but not $8 nice.

On the topic of giveaways with games,
If you are feeling lucky your store might still have the splatoon squirt gun 207 00 0415. My stores clearanced them out a while ago but your store may still have them

bread's done
Back