Target Clearance Thread XXII

Well I found those Z506 speakers for 70% off. And a Red Wings LEGO Zamboni, and a Batman flash drive... I don't need any of this, why am I buying it?!
In this case...I think I'm a worse wreck than you. Not only did I buy the speakers for $24, but...

Good luck, have fun!
When you guys set them up can you post a mini-review? I'm on the fence and a store near me has em in stock. Thanks in advance.

That's how I would use em too. I was thinking about picking up a soundbar but this would be a whole lot cheaper if it pans out.
I think I own the same set of speakers, I like them. Only downside are the wires... and my smartphone does interfere with them at times (only because I it sits on my desk near them). I'd get another set for my TV, but don't think my store has these in stock, just a miscount.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my thought and more flexible probably.

I was at two stores and both were off by one on them. One said one and had zero the other said two and had one.

I picked up the 2 TB MyCloud for myself and a 4TB Seagate Expansion external hard drive for my dad.  I was looking for a nas for my music and other files.  I'd like my streaming devices to be able to access my media even when my computer is asleep.

I thought about those logitech speakers, but I don't need them.  I managed to get some Bose speakers from Target on clearance a while back.

A bunch of Targets near me are showing the Mycloud 2 TB in stock and the Z506. Maybe I can finally find something I have a use for, won't this be exciting.

That's my thought and more flexible probably.

I was at two stores and both were off by one on them. One said one and had zero the other said two and had one.
If it's the same as what I suspect happened at one of my stores, someone took them to customer service and decided to not buy them (price didn't ring up right or something) and then the employees checked it back into their inventory so now they have an incorrect count.

I got the speakers this last weekend and they are great on my PC.

I also got the $90 Sony sound bar with sub. That thing is amazing for the price

The hard drives are not worth it for that price imo

I'm going to attempt to use them as TV speakers so I'll post how that goes.
That's how I would use em too. I was thinking about picking up a soundbar but this would be a whole lot cheaper if it pans out.
Well if you use those as TV speakers, you may need to adapt them a little bit if you want full 5.1 sound as they only have the three 3.5mm jacks. It'll be "surround stereo" sound. Sadly, if you wanted optical or digital inputs you'd have to pony up a whole lot more bread before you can get that (which in turn, it would be worth more buying an AV receiver with speakers at that point).

If you already have an AV receiver, there may be some individual RCA outputs on the back for 5.1. In that case you'll need a set of 3.5mm to RCA adapters to make it work.

If you'd like to void your warranty and just for s***s and giggles, you can also cut the 3.5mm jacks off, strip the rubber insulation, and use the center wire as + connection and the surrounding insulating wire as - connection.

You can probably tell that I've done this before......long before I had a job and would jury-rig whatever I had to do something.

I also got the $90 Sony sound bar with sub. That thing is amazing for the price
Is it the Bluetooth bar with woofer?

Well if you use those as TV speakers, you may need to adapt them a little bit if you want full 5.1 sound as they only have the three 3.5mm jacks. It'll be "surround stereo" sound. Sadly, if you wanted optical or digital inputs you'd have to pony up a whole lot more bread before you can get that (which in turn, it would be worth more buying an AV receiver with speakers at that point).

If you already have an AV receiver, there may be some individual RCA outputs on the back for 5.1. In that case you'll need a set of 3.5mm to RCA adapters to make it work.

If you'd like to void your warranty and just for s***s and giggles, you can also cut the 3.5mm jacks off, strip the rubber insulation, and use the center wire as + connection and the surrounding insulating wire as - connection.

You can probably tell that I've done this before......long before I had a job and would jury-rig whatever I had to do something.

Yep. CT370. Thing works wonders with my iPhone too from far away.

It's been so long since I had a 5.1 speaker set for PC I forgot it was separate plugs for each pair of channels. Guess I'll run it in a 2.1 configuration then and see how it goes.

Adventure_Time_Logo.png

Found a 20th Anniversary PS4 Controller in clearance the other day at my Target. It was only knocked off $7, but I still felt like it was worth picking up. Couldn't find it listed on their site anymore, so it would obviously be YMMV.

Found a 20th Anniversary PS4 Controller in clearance the other day at my Target. It was only knocked off $7, but I still felt like it was worth picking up. Couldn't find it listed on their site anymore, so it would obviously be YMMV.
It was worth it, they've gone up in price since the availability dried up. I regret getting the red ones over those now.

Micro impressions of the soakers now that they're set up and the Overwatch update is finishing. They're a while lot crisper than the TV speakers obviously. Sov and Get were both wrong as usual and they can be connected with all five speakers to a TV with a 3.5 mm jack. Box days it's supposed to do simulated surround like that. I also like that the center speaker has a built in thing to let it mount on the top of the TV, very handy. Sub by default is way too high. Have the main speaker control set to half way and the TV volume controlling the output level and it seems to be working pretty well so far.

Edit- A few games in and I think they're well worth $30 and a very decent alternative to a far more expensive sound bar.

Wasn't able to find a z506, but spotted a Razer Deathstalker Essentials Keyboard for around $35 and some Turtle Beach X32 for $50. Don't have the DPCI, but they were in Diamond Bar, CA. 

There might be a couple of these left in total if you added up inventory at every single Target store on earth, that said happy hunting...

APPLE Air 2 IPAD WI-FI 128GB Silver

In Stock at 0% of stores

Apple® iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-Fi + Cellular - Space Gray
In Stock at 3% of stores

Apple® iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-Fi + Cellular - Silver
In Stock at 3% of stores

Considering getting the Seagate 4tb expansion drive. Anyone have experience with it? I've always been a WD guy. If I go for it, the only store that has it in stock is 46mi away from me, so I would lose a little bit of the value in time/gas too.

Considering getting the Seagate 4tb expansion drive. Anyone have experience with it? I've always been a WD guy. If I go for it, the only store that has it in stock is 46mi away from me, so I would lose a little bit of the value in time/gas too.
I've had mine for about a year hooked up to my Xbox One and have had no problems. 46 miles is a lot for something that may or may not be in stock.

A couple updated prices and some new clearance. Question. Can the Seagate Personal Cloud be used as a Harddrive for Xbox One?

WD Black External Hard Drive 3TB My Book

056-02-0028

$109.99

$76.98

WD White External Hard Drive 2TB My Cloud

056-02-0076

$149.99

$69.98

Seagate Personal Cloud 3TB External Hard Drive - Black

056-02-0128

$139.99

$47.98

WD Black Portable Hard Drive 500GB My Passport

056-02-0016

$49.99

$24.78

I've had mine for about a year hooked up to my Xbox One and have had no problems. 46 miles is a lot for something that may or may not be in stock.
I would agree with you if I blindly drove there. I called ahead and confirmed they have it, a rep put it on hold for me.

Some dumbass posted the could storage device on SD.  The store that had 5 last week is down to 1, I was going to wait for it to drop to 75% off but I guess I'll have to move now. 

A couple updated prices and some new clearance. Question. Can the Seagate Personal Cloud be used as a Harddrive for Xbox One?

Seagate Personal Cloud 3TB External Hard Drive - Black
056-02-0128
$139.99
$47.98
I posted this previously regarding the My Cloud 2TB.

"A friend of mine bought one of those a while back. Ripped it open, and installed it into his computer. I think they're awesome. I love my 2TB My Cloud."

Not too sure about that specific model, but I would check out a teardown of the hard drive. If the SATA connection isn't soldered together, then you can buy an external hard drive kit. Install it, and connect it to your Xbox One. I think that particular model has to be connected via Ethernet to power on along with the AC adapter. I could be wrong, but good luck!

Edit: I own the 2TB My Cloud, and it has a usb port on the back. It's only used for expanding the memory though. Also opening the enclosure will void your warranty.

Always call first. In-stock totals are usually off, especially for this kind of stuff.

I've had that exact drive hooked up since last August and it works great with the Xbox One.

I would not trust any of the Seagate drives.  I was warned by CAGs and learned my lesson when the drive I had been using for my XB1 died a few weeks ago.  Yea, the saves are all stored in the cloud, but re installing and downloading updates all over again is not fun.

I would not trust any of the Seagate drives. I was warned by CAGs and learned my lesson when the drive I had been using for my XB1 died a few weeks ago. Yea, the saves are all stored in the cloud, but re installing and downloading updates all over again is not fun.
New Seagate drives are just as good as WD.

All HDD can fail. I think the main issue with seagates spinning too fast and dying was fixed.

New Seagate drives are just as good as WD.

All HDD can fail. I think the main issue with seagates spinning too fast and dying was fixed.
Yes true all fail but I work in IT for a large corporation and Seagates have a much higher failure rate than WD's. I'd say it's a 4 to 1 ratio in my experience. The only brand worse is Hitachi and HGST.

Yes true all fail but I work in IT for a large corporation and Seagates have a much higher failure rate than WD's. I'd say it's a 4 to 1 ratio in my experience. The only brand worse is Hitachi and HGST.
Hence my statement of the newer after2014 models are just as good. Previously Seagate had much higher failure rate.

Anyone have any luck with attaching those speakers to a tv?

Target near me supposedly has 1 in stock and may drop by after work to check.

We've got 2 Sony Bravia tvs. One from 08 and other from 14. I've got one soundbar already but would buy these to use on older tv if they can work.

Anyone have any luck with attaching those speakers to a tv?

Target near me supposedly has 1 in stock and may drop by after work to check.

We've got 2 Sony Bravia tvs. One from 08 and other from 14. I've got one soundbar already but would buy these to use on older tv if they can work.
I've been using them with my TV since yesterday. Can't speak about the virtual surround since they're all bunched together but working well otherwise. If the TV has a 3.5 mm output or an output that can be converted to 3.5 mm they should work just fine.

Just like that, those 4TB HDD are gone. I stopped into the one Target near work, and thry couldn't find it despite saying it was in stock. I then called another Target that was roughly 20 mins away, and they said they were sold out. Good luck to those that are able to get one for $54.xx price.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

BTW, I haven't tried it out yet but if you want to really convert the Logitech speakers...

http://www.amazon.com/Tekimbe-Digital-Decoder-Converter-Surround/dp/B01CE7JDHW/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_11?ie=UTF8&refRID=1FK0054DRQYP8RQ4JWSP

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Premium-Stereo-Female-Plated/dp/B003L14XTO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1464125041&sr=8-8&keywords=3.5mm+to+rca

I'm thinking you should be able to jury rig this little decoder device to take your optical signal to 6 analog channels. Use the RCA to 3.5mm adapters to hook the speakers up to the decoder. 

I might try it myself for science even though I already have an A/V receiver that has analog outputs.

And I bought a 4TB HDD a few weeks ago during the B1G2 game sale for $78. Not as good as $55 but I'm still more than happy with that price. Return/rebuy you ask? Eh, I'm done dealing with Jr. Detective employees.

I have had mostly WD hard drives all my life and even the 4 year old one on my computer still works great. I installed new Seagate 2TB into my two PS4s and one died within 6 weeks on me. the other is still going but that was my first failure in I cant tell you how long. WD for me for now on if possible. (the 2TB Seagates were all that I could find that fit the PS4 at the time I purchased them.)

Certified Target-quality clearance. Forget the harddrives. Check out this sweet deal.

mogcbj9.jpg

Z6L0p5I.jpg

0% off! Holy shit! Grabbed all I could find to resell on eBay!

bread's done
Back