Target Clearance Thread XXII

Brickseek was showing 2 of those Logitech speakers in stock at the next town over yesterday (90 min round trip) but just looked today and showing zero.

Guess I won't be making that drive today afterall. Slightly disappointed.

Apparently 1 local guy has been clearing out the goods as soon as prices change in system. Was told he bought out all external HDs as well.

It's funny because most of the people that hoard Target clearance stuff don't even resell any of it.
When I used to stalk this thread for particular items I ran into the same guy repeatedly. Started talking to him figuring we could at least have some common ground and not constantly step on each others toes. I helped him carry some stuff to his car once after that and realized after looking in there he was just a crazy hoarder. I gave up on most of this stuff after that because I'd wager the dude lives out of the car and I just want things for my personal use.

A ton of the people who engage in retail arbitrage buy clearance stuff at Target and sell it on Amazon/Ebay though.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of those where ever inch of the car other than the driver's seat was completely filled and you can't tell how much is just plastic bags?

Yes true all fail but I work in IT for a large corporation and Seagates have a much higher failure rate than WD's. I'd say it's a 4 to 1 ratio in my experience. The only brand worse is Hitachi and HGST.
Odd, because most I've talked to speak well of HGST. Then again, tech is so often a crapshoot of personal experiences. My dad won't touch MSI with a 20-foot pole because they screwed him on a bad motherboard 15 years ago.

I have had mostly WD hard drives all my life and even the 4 year old one on my computer still works great. I installed new Seagate 2TB into my two PS4s and one died within 6 weeks on me. the other is still going but that was my first failure in I cant tell you how long. WD for me for now on if possible. (the 2TB Seagates were all that I could find that fit the PS4 at the time I purchased them.)
Yeah, I'm WD-only as well. I have a 640-GB Caviar Black in my PC that was the boot drive from 2009 until maybe 2014. It's a mass drive now. My dad bought a pair of Seagate 750s (admittedly, refurbished), and one of them died after about 6 months. My 500-GB WD external lasted 4-5 years, until I accidentally knocked it off a shelf (which it shouldn't be expected to survive), while my cousin's Seagate external lasted maybe 18 months (but he was pretty rough with it, kept it in a backpack a lot).

It's funny because most of the people that hoard Target clearance stuff don't even resell any of it.
True. The one clearance thing I bought at Target, a 3DSXL, is still sitting in the box after more than a year. I thought about playing it. Then reselling it. Then playing it. Then reselling it. It's in the kitchen, in a Best Buy bag.

When I used to stalk this thread for particular items I ran into the same guy repeatedly. Started talking to him figuring we could at least have some common ground and not constantly step on each others toes. I helped him carry some stuff to his car once after that and realized after looking in there he was just a crazy hoarder. I gave up on most of this stuff after that because I'd wager the dude lives out of the car and I just want things for my personal use.

A ton of the people who engage in retail arbitrage buy clearance stuff at Target and sell it on Amazon/Ebay though.
Sounds like you may have actually met the infamous El Hoardo!

True. The one clearance thing I bought at Target, a 3DSXL, is still sitting in the box after more than a year. I thought about playing it. Then reselling it. Then playing it. Then reselling it. It's in the kitchen, in a Best Buy bag.
Good I'm not the only one xD I have the red/gold super mario 2 3dsxl from walmart during the $149+free $50 gc promo that is still in the Walmart bag ever since after I priced matched it to Target, only opened it once to redeem the Nintendo Club points before they expired lol. Endless mind battle of reselling/playing it here too lol. I already own the silver mario luigi dream team 3dsxl, so really no need. But haven't played mario 2 yet. Been procrastinating.

If I open the red one, add my account to it so I'll have mario 2 linked to my download list, remove the acct and have my acct back on the silver one, would I still have access to mario 2 on my download list or would it be removed? (dream team & mario 2 are both preinstalled on their system) If i resell the red one, would the new owner have access to mario 2 since it's a preinstalled game? Idk how the preinstalled games work, is it linked to ur NID or system? Accidentally deleted dream team once & the csr I spoke with said I could redownload anytime from the download page or store page. o_O but that was years ago

Got a 5TB today for $54. It had the tag for the 4TB on it but they allowed me to get it. At first they weren't going to. They had to help someone else next to me who was a complete bitch to the employees. I stand there patient and understanding while the customer argued with the employees about PMing and getting the $50 gift card with this weeks promo. They said since I was patient and understanding that they'll allow it "just this once".

There was so much shit in his car I would have sworn it had to be an extra dimensional object to contain it.
Was it this man?

david-tennant-doctor-who1.jpg

Good I'm not the only one xD I have the red/gold super mario 2 3dsxl from walmart during the $149+free $50 gc promo that is still in the Walmart bag ever since after I priced matched it to Target, only opened it once to redeem the Nintendo Club points before they expired lol. Endless mind battle of reselling/playing it here too lol. I already own the silver mario luigi dream team 3dsxl, so really no need. But haven't played mario 2 yet. Been procrastinating.

If I open the red one, add my account to it so I'll have mario 2 linked to my download list, remove the acct and have my acct back on the silver one, would I still have access to mario 2 on my download list or would it be removed? (dream team & mario 2 are both preinstalled on their system) If i resell the red one, would the new owner have access to mario 2 since it's a preinstalled game? Idk how the preinstalled games work, is it linked to ur NID or system? Accidentally deleted dream team once & the csr I spoke with said I could redownload anytime from the download page or store page. o_O but that was years ago
I got mine last year, when they clearanced them for $100. Got the blue Smash one because someone bought the Yoshi one that I wanted earlier in the day when I went. I just wanted to play Fire Emblem, but Awakening was never around at a good price for me (I kept missing the sub-$25 offerings), and after I missed out on the Fates CE, I just gave up bothering because I didn't want to pay extra to get those games. Before that, I put the thing on CL, but got no interest. Now, I'm thinking I might get the new Pokemon, since there really isn't anything else coming out for me to play this year (that we know of yet).

I got mine last year, when they clearanced them for $100. Got the blue Smash one because someone bought the Yoshi one that I wanted earlier in the day when I went. I just wanted to play Fire Emblem, but Awakening was never around at a good price for me (I kept missing the sub-$25 offerings), and after I missed out on the Fates CE, I just gave up bothering because I didn't want to pay extra to get those games. Before that, I put the thing on CL, but got no interest. Now, I'm thinking I might get the new Pokemon, since there really isn't anything else coming out for me to play this year (that we know of yet).
I got the Blue Smash one a year ago or two I don't remember ($100) and I have bought about 20 games and 3/4 are sealed. Only beat Zelda ALBW. Then I bought the N3DS and played with it about 1hr and haven't touched it since.

I apparently love wasting money.

I got the Blue Smash one a year ago or two I don't remember ($100) and I have bought about 20 games and 3/4 are sealed. Only beat Zelda ALBW. Then I bought the N3DS and played with it about 1hr and haven't touched it since.

Have around 20 games, only reason why most are opened were to redeem the nintendo points, but haven't played them. Have played probably 5 games but haven't finished any or come close to getting halfway on any.

Haha if only I had a butler or whatever to drive me around places while I game hahaha. I find that whenever I'm home, I'd rather game on the tv instead of handheld =/

Yeah, I considered upgrading from the XL to a N3DSXL when they had the last $100 trade deal, but without any games I was interested in, I passed.

Was anyone able to get an extra gopro LCD back? I called a couple of stores in my area and where my sister lives but the inventory management was wrong. The only store that had three, unfortunately, somebody scalped this morning before I could get to it.

Thought I got lucky and found one of those Logitech sets for my game room, got home and opened it up and someone replaced the satellite speakers with a gutted belkin modem stuffed with Kroger bags and sharpening stones. They left the sub woofer though, so there's that. That was fun to explain when I returned it.

I saw one of those LCDs last night. Think it was $24 or so. If you want me to see if it's there still you can message me.

Thought I got lucky and found one of those Logitech sets for my game room, got home and opened it up and someone replaced the satellite speakers with a gutted belkin modem stuffed with Kroger bags and sharpening stones. They left the sub woofer though, so there's that. That was fun to explain when I returned it.
That makes so little sense since the whole thing runs through the sub. So either they're stupid or blew them out or something. Glad I didn't get them from that store.

YMMV, but my target had several "repackage" urban camo DS3's at $39.21. Not as good as the $10 blue ones from BB months ago though.

Dcpi: 207-00-0215

I saw one of those LCDs last night. Think it was $24 or so. If you want me to see if it's there still you can message me.

That makes so little sense since the whole thing runs through the sub. So either they're stupid or blew them out or something. Glad I didn't get them from that store.
This was at the Clinton pointe store. Funny enough

Non-Gaming deal, But I Found A 8GB Sony Usb Flash Drive On Clearance For 4.48 (Was 9.99, 50% Off) At my local target Store.

DCPI: 056-06-0782 (It will just show 0 as the title on brickseek, not sure why)

It also comes with a code to download 10 songs from their website. I use these usb sticks to store music on, and some games.

Two great finds today

OnHub Google router. Originally $199.99 for $59.99. DPCI 056-02-0288
Sony HT-CT370 Soundbar with wireless subwoofer. Originally $299.99 for $89.98. DPCI 008-02-1201

Two great finds today

Sony HT-CT370 Soundbar with wireless subwoofer. Originally $299.99 for $89.98. DPCI 008-02-1201
That Soundbar was posted like a week ago :whistle2:

So it's going to be OOS at ALOT of places

Two great finds today

Thanks I bought two of these soundbars tonight for $90 each. Great score for a 300 watt Sony!

I also picked up 2x Braven HD wireless speakers. They were orginally $179.99 marked down to $53.98 DPCI: 008-03-0315. This mobile speaker seems to be high quality. These are the colored versions of the black ones which are still normal price. I went to a store 15miles away because it was showing two Aqua colored speakers on the mydevice. They actually had one aqua, and one red, for the same price.

http://www.target.com/p/braven-805-portable-wireless-speaker-teal-with-gray-end-caps-4400ma-battery/-/A-50061678#prodSlot=_1_2

http://www.target.com/p/braven-805-portable-wireless-speaker-red-with-gray-end-caps-4400ma-battery/-/A-50061643#prodSlot=_1_3

IMG_2586_zpshr0sn2e4.jpg

DPCI 008-03-0315 AQUA

DPCI 008-03-0314 RED

Thanks for the heads-up on the soundbar! My local store had five of them left. Grabbed one for me and got one for my dad for Father's Day.

Thanks I bought two of these soundbars tonight for $90 each. Great score for a 300 watt Sony!

I also picked up 2x Braven HD wireless speakers. They were orginally $179.99 marked down to $53.98 DPCI: 008-03-0315. This mobile speaker seems to be high quality. These are the colored versions of the black ones which are still normal price. I went to a store 15miles away because it was showing two Aqua colored speakers on the mydevice. They actually had one aqua, and one red, for the same price.

http://www.target.com/p/braven-805-portable-wireless-speaker-teal-with-gray-end-caps-4400ma-battery/-/A-50061678#prodSlot=_1_2

http://www.target.com/p/braven-805-portable-wireless-speaker-red-with-gray-end-caps-4400ma-battery/-/A-50061643#prodSlot=_1_3

IMG_2586_zpshr0sn2e4.jpg

DPCI 008-03-0315 AQUA

DPCI 008-03-0314 RED
Should have waited, it's going to be $38 ;D

bread's done
Back