Target Clearance Thread XXII

EDIT - I forgot to say that I knew a dude who somehow knew how to get UPC bar codes and went into Home Depot and would like put his cheap copper wiring UPC over their super expensive copper wiring and use the self checkout (I have no idea what specific stuff he bought, but that's the gist). He would pay like 1/10th of the already cheap Home Depot prices.

What he failed to realize is that there are cameras at every checkout and they watch you do every transaction. SO it worked for a while, and then it didn't anymore. He's been in jail for like 3 or 4 years now - I lost track. His wife, so I hear, is f'ing somebody else in the house he paid for (not with dirty Home Depot money, either!). I try not to hang around people who know people who go to jail, because I don't want to go to jail. Good Times.
Damn Jeff that's crazy

FYI - One of my local Targets had a ton of employees stocking shelves this afternoon. I could not even get down a couple of the aisles for all of the stock they had on the floor. I am not sure if they were sending the old stuff to salvage or not, but I did see a bunch of Lego sets in Target carts. All of the west coast CAGs might want to try and make it out during their lunch...good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - One of my local Targets had a ton of employees stocking shelves this afternoon. I could not even get down a couple of the aisles for all of the stock they had on the floor. I am not sure if they were sending the old stuff to salvage or not, but I did see a bunch of Lego sets in Target carts. All of the west coast CAGs might want to try and make it out during their lunch...good luck.
Yeah they were doing this at the Target I visited yesterday too. The toy aisles were pretty barren and the lego aisle was half-empty. They looked like they were preparing for big back-to-school toy merchandising of some sort. The console hardware cabinets were empty too.

Best Buy had the Xbox One S in-stock today as well.

They're doing their holiday reset most likely. Any clearance that's not sent to salvage is probably being moved to a NOP aisle or somewhere they haven't gotten to yet.

No offense Karkyco, but my biggest issue is that no Target actually carries a set that expensive in stores regularly, so how did you acquire so many? I just don't buy that you weren't engineering this whole thing behind the scenes .
Something fishy going on there for sure. He ordered them online ship-to-store, since no Target actually stocks them. Based on his responses it seems he ordered a bunch online and they just magically rang up at a discount. I find it hard to believe he didn't know what they would ring up as prior to ordering online.

Who knows, still sounds fishy. At least he was able to satisfy the the 10+ people who all just happen to have kids around the same age wanting that exact Lego set. Sure.

He's contributed a lot more lately than you have, even though you're on the inside...
Lmao. As you can see in this thread, I have posted a lot of stuff that I found on clearance in electronics including DPCIs. The Target I work at has been dry on clearance except for toys which I don't look at so unfortunately, I can't contribute anything.

Same. Today is a good day to stock up on some free boxes if you sell stuff online or are moving

Something fishy going on there for sure. He ordered them online ship-to-store, since no Target actually stocks them. Based on his responses it seems he ordered a bunch online and they just magically rang up at a discount. I find it hard to believe he didn't know what they would ring up as prior to ordering online.

Who knows, still sounds fishy. At least he was able to satisfy the the 10+ people who all just happen to have kids around the same age wanting that exact Lego set. Sure.
If I remember correctly (could be wrong, it was a few years ago) he's also the same guy that bought a bunch of games from TRU's website that were normal price online but pennied out in store. He then proceeded to bring those games to the store and have them price adjusted to a penny. I don't know any stores that would even think of price adjusting something to a penny but somehow he got them to do it (even posted pictures to prove it I believe). Anyway, maybe he made a deal with the devil or something? ;)

Since Lego has been a popular topic here lately, I thought I'd mention this- some Meijer stores got the new sets today and clearance sets are now 50% off.

Since Lego has been a popular topic here lately, I thought I'd mention this- some Meijer stores got the new sets today and clearance sets are now 50% off.
Of course they are, just bought one at whatever percentage off they were last week. It's OK though, stacked additional 25% off clearance toys with two $5 off coupons they sent out, a $5 off $25, and a 10% off general merchandise. Got the changing seasons set for under $11 with tax. Also got $55 worth of groceries for $17. About the only reason to go to Meijer these days.

I've held my tongue for a while now but recent posts have encouraged me to add my two cents. I think some resellers are so proud of their conquests that they can't help but boast about them, and it's not very difficult to determine who they are based on their posting/liking patterns. It's especially apparent when we're on CAG yet posts about video games are few and far in between. Better to own up to who you are rather than put up a facade.

e71fdce5e84e877516040c1aef831cd3.jpg

No, your eyes don't deceive you. That's 32 Megabytes for only $10.18. You can put 32 million bytes of data on that little drive the size of your thumb. What a world we live in.
DP-C-I # is 057-05-0151
Good luck deal hunters.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No, your eyes don't deceive you. That's 32 Megabytes for only $10.18. You can put 32 million bytes of data on that little drive the size of your thumb. What a world we live in.
DP-C-I # is 057-05-0151
Good luck deal hunters.
How much do you think I could get for this on the resller market? Asking for stirbad.

thanks orofin! I hit the 6 Targets in my area and bought 127.8 of them. An old lady had one in her hand, but I pretended I was her grandson so she bought it and gave it to me for my birthday. I then ripped them open and traded them in to Memory Stop. Made $.57 all said and done.

DP-C-I # is 057-05-0151
Good luck deal hunters.

I haven't seen those clearance stickers in years!

My Target had the tropical Starbursts bags on clearance at 50% off. I bought them all. I'm hoping to double my money on each one!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I haven't seen those clearance stickers in years!

My Target had the tropical Starbursts bags on clearance at 50% off. I bought them all. I'm hoping to double my money on each one!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Lmao. I'm right there with you.[attachment=23163:image.jpg]

Indeed.  Not only that, he doesn't even contribute the DPCI.  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

BTW if you guys think the backseat was bad, you should've seen the trunk. 

Question about clearance price drops.  I know each store will drop prices on different days from each other (at least that was the way it was before), but when they do, do they consistently occur at the store's opening time or can they randomly drop in the afternoon or evening? 

Question about clearance price drops. I know each store will drop prices on different days from each other (at least that was the way it was before), but when they do, do they consistently occur at the store's opening time or can they randomly drop in the afternoon or evening?
Here is what I have noticed. Brickseek prices usually drop on Wednesdays near me. Usually AM but sometimes in the evening too. The actual scanned price doesn't change until Thursday morning when the clearance team hits the shelves and scans the items to update the prices. Stores near me usually do this in the morning. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Changes get propagated/pushed out weekly to the store systems very early Wednesday. That is across the board for all items at all stores. So if you check prices and inventory numbers online Wednesday morning and they haven't changed from the week prior, prices won't change for another week. Of course, just because it's dropped in the system doesn't mean it has been accepted in store. That's where the store's price change team comes in, the group that goes around to different departments every day with the pricing guns scanning everything and (re)tagging and pulling clearance stuff etc. of course there are always exceptions and methods to manipulate this system.

So I went out of my way to a store that was about 15 miles away today.  Showed a bunch of sets at good prices and in stock so I went there.  Everything in store rang up two or three markdowns back, not just LEGO but other toys too.  Everything scanned the "right" price through the Target app but they wouldn't honor it.  Only thing they would match on it was the Little Mermaid LEGO castle from 30% off to 50% off to get me to go away.  No idea why she picked that as the one thing out of a half dozen I had but my kid will be happy at least.

So I went out of my way to a store that was about 15 miles away today. Showed a bunch of sets at good prices and in stock so I went there. Everything in store rang up two or three markdowns back, not just LEGO but other toys too. Everything scanned the "right" price through the Target app but they wouldn't honor it. Only thing they would match on it was the Little Mermaid LEGO castle from 30% off to 50% off to get me to go away. No idea why she picked that as the one thing out of a half dozen I had but my kid will be happy at least.
Aaaand there's one of those pesky exceptions. Pricing team either hasn't been doing their job for whatever reason or they haven't gotten to toys yet (sometimes they hit it Friday or Saturday). That's why you (A) check everything on the in store price checkers prior to going to checkout/guest services and subsequently if they are ringing up too high relative to expectations (i.e. brickseek and the in store price on the app), (B) you find that pricing team in store (or anyone with the hand cannon pricing gun) and politely ask them to use that hand cannon pricing gun to "please scan/check these".

As long as they have that scanner "set to stun" or whatever the fuck the setting is to be accepting price changes (which they should have it set to already), once they scan that UPC it will drop it to the lower price in the store. They may deny you (very rare especially if you are polite), particularly if it's prior to the day they usually do toys (i.e. it has been unsuccessfully pushed through the store system even when successfully getting them to scan an item I know is lower in the system on Wednesday). Alternatively, if you can't find someone with the big pricing gun, have them scan the toy(s) with their little personal official Target red encased ipods. Usually, those will also show the "correct" in store price on the item and as long as it's their own devices that are showing it, you should be golden for getting an adjustment down to the correct price.

Just don't take a cartful or three of Legos especially not like 8+ of the same set...in this scenario, I usually move my cart(s) out of their line of sight (but still close enough so I can ensure no one attempts to take my loot) prior to taking up the most important item or three for them to check. All it takes is scanning one of a particular item and all of that same item will have the price changed throughout the store so no need to take up multiples of the same Lego set or game for example.

Yeah, I tried that and they wouldn't use the big one and the little red one was useless as always.  Had four or five smaller LEGO sets and two board games I tried  to get. On my phone and the guy's phone the stuff scanned with the lower price and said that was the store price for the store I was standing in.  Alas they insisted it must be a different store because it's different for each store and it was only bringing up the higher prices on their stuff.  Based on how things are tagged it seems like it's been about three to four weeks since that store did toys.

Yeah, I tried that and they wouldn't use the big one and the little red one was useless as always. Had four or five smaller LEGO sets and two board games I tried to get. On my phone and the guy's phone the stuff scanned with the lower price and said that was the store price for the store I was standing in. Alas they insisted it must be a different store because it's different for each store and it was only bringing up the higher prices on their stuff. Based on how things are tagged it seems like it's been about three to four weeks since that store did toys.
That's happened to me a few times and when I ask why they won't honor the app, they said it has to scan that way on their iPad. Then wtf do you have an official app for?? It's utter BS that the prices on the official app mean nothing (yet those prices on the app automatically change to the pricing of the specific store you're in when you connect to their wifi). I've even had customer service tell me prices were HIGHER then what is marked on the shelf or in the app. If the price is on the shelf, that's what you're gonna ask me to pay.

Check your local targets against the DPCIs for the three larger undersea explorer sets they carry, you might find them 70% off. ($11.98, $14.98, and $35.98 on these). The small minifig sets in that line aren't clearanced anywhere around me.

[attachment=23187:image.jpeg]

Never thought these would go to clearance but Star Wars Black Series 6" figures are on clearance for $13.98, originally $19.99. DPCI 087-06-3953. Also, Black Series Tie Fighter is $118.98, originally $169.99. DPCI 087-06-3673 Although this can still be found cheaper on Amazon. Hoping to get one at 50% off.

Got some more sets at 70% off...the Lego Friends Dolphin Cruiser Yacht set was a bonus find, "As Is" sticker stating Original Price $34.99 (wrong) Now $17.48. It's in great shape, must have been lost in the back or an online return. The "Arctic" Demolition sets (the big one with the wrecking ball crane) are $26.98, the Friends House are $20.98. The Friends Lighthouse $11.98 each and other Friends sets were $8.98 each. Bulldozers $11.98 or thereabouts.  The Ocean Explorers or Undersea Explorers line I previously covered.

[attachment=23210:image.jpeg]

Got some more sets at 70% off...the Lego Friends Dolphin Cruiser Yacht set was a bonus find, "As Is" sticker stating Original Price $34.99 (wrong) Now $17.48. It's in great shape, must have been lost in the back or an online return.
Could it have been a previous clearance item that they found and marked down? I got a PSP memory card last year for 70% off of 70% off original price around 3 months after they went salvage. (was tagged ASIS with the original price on the tag being the last clearance price)

I got a Blu-ray Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy for $17.16 AS-IS yesterday. Still factory sealed.

Could it have been a previous clearance item that they found and marked down? I got a PSP memory card last year for 70% off of 70% off original price around 3 months after they went salvage. (was tagged ASIS with the original price on the tag being the last clearance price)

I got a Blu-ray Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy for $17.16 AS-IS yesterday. Still factory sealed.
Absolutely a possibility, as these were certainly clearanced out previously as I remember getting them for $26.98 IIRC. Maybe $23.98. Definitely 70% off of either $79.99 or $89.99.

It seems they finally started putting all Disney Infinity merchandise on clearance over at one of my stores. Prices aren't great, but I suppose they will drop eventually

Got some more sets at 70% off...the Lego Friends Dolphin Cruiser Yacht set was a bonus find, "As Is" sticker stating Original Price $34.99 (wrong) Now $17.48. It's in great shape, must have been lost in the back or an online return. The "Arctic" Demolition sets (the big one with the wrecking ball crane) are $26.98, the Friends House are $20.98. The Friends Lighthouse $11.98 each and other Friends sets were $8.98 each. Bulldozers $11.98 or thereabouts. The Ocean Explorers or Undersea Explorers line I previously covered.

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Damn nice find do you clean those LA stores out man?

Looks like the entire Marvel Playmation line and Disney Infinity are getting the purge:

[attachment=23222:image.jpeg]

[attachment=23223:image.jpeg]

[attachment=23224:image.jpeg]

Looks like the entire Marvel Playmation line and Disney Infinity are getting the purge;
Not surprising. I still haven't even heard of the Marvel thing outside of seeing it at Target. DI we all knew was coming and anyone who didn't pick up what they wanted from Target with the Cartwheel likely missed out since most stuff was lower than it will be once it hits 70%.

bread's done
Back