Target Clearance Thread XXII

Picked up Evil Within PS4 with the Fighting Chance pack and holographic sleeve for $13.98 and Chibi-Robo Zip Lash with Amiibo for 3DS for $19.99.

Evil Within DCPI : 207 34 1043  Brickseek shows some places listed even lower at $9.98

Chibi Robo DCPI : 207-02-1522

Picked up Halo 5 limited edition today. It was marked $29.99 but I had them price match Amazon to $27.14 because. They also had tons of Evil Within ps4 for $9.99 and Far Cry for $15 I think it was. I just wanted Halo though. Lol

FYI, you can get Chibi Robo with Amiibo for less than $10 at GS.
Is it on clearance at Gamestop? Because the website shows it listed as $19.97 and out of stock online. Also checking store availability shows none available in a 100 mile radius of me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it on clearance at Gamestop? Because the website shows it listed as $19.97 and out of stock online. Also checking store availability shows none available in a 100 mile radius of me.
It was converted to used. Will be $9.99 in store but you have to go in store to find it.

Toy Soldiers (PS4) is showing up as $5.98 at just about every store near me in decent quantities.

Smells fishy. Unless the products are different quantities and the different locations, they should have the same barcode and therefore ring up at the same price.
Target will frequently issue separate barcodes and DPCIs for items that have dual locations. For instance, when there's a promotional endcap of a certain item that is already carried they will ship in the same item with a different barcode and DPCI attached to it. It also frequently happens with seasonal-related items that are stocked to both a regular floor location and the seasonal area.

The reason for the separate DPCI is for sales floor stocking and back stocking items. For instance, when you set a promotional endcap or seasonal, you don't want to pull the items to find out they've already been stocked to the main home location and you don't have enough to fill the promo/seasonal spot.

There is supposed to be a process in place called DPCI merge where the secondary UPC gets tied to the primary DPCI and the secondary DPCI is deleted from the system. This process is called a DPCI merge. Sometimes it's a little slow though. This pricing error likely happened because a DPCI merge hasn't occurred yet and one of the items was lowered in price because of the comparison shop process (Walmart had the price lower so Target dropped the price on just 1 of the DPCIs, not both).

Also as an aside, if they find out which "manager" in the article gave that interview, they will likely be fired or put on final warning. There's a whole process in place for media relations and when employees at the store level can speak to the media.

Yeah, they put a different barcode on the same items in the baby isle. Corporate is "surprised" but its them who have to put those stickers on those products. Employees (night shift) would have to do that and prices should have been reflected to match the actual lower price.
It's more likely those came in from the distribution center with those stickers over the barcode. It would take more time/effort to print out that volume of stickers at the store level and then have an employee/s place them on the box than they would make from some nefarious plan to increase costs.

Target will frequently issue separate barcodes and DPCIs for items that have dual locations. For instance, when there's a promotional endcap of a certain item that is already carried they will ship in the same item with a different barcode and DPCI attached to it. It also frequently happens with seasonal-related items that are stocked to both a regular floor location and the seasonal area.

The reason for the separate DPCI is for sales floor stocking and back stocking items. For instance, when you set a promotional endcap or seasonal, you don't want to pull the items to find out they've already been stocked to the main home location and you don't have enough to fill the promo/seasonal spot.

There is supposed to be a process in place called DPCI merge where the secondary UPC gets tied to the primary DPCI and the secondary DPCI is deleted from the system. This process is called a DPCI merge. Sometimes it's a little slow though. This pricing error likely happened because a DPCI merge hasn't occurred yet and one of the items was lowered in price because of the comparison shop process (Walmart had the price lower so Target dropped the price on just 1 of the DPCIs, not both).

Also as an aside, if they find out which "manager" in the article gave that interview, they will likely be fired or put on final warning. There's a whole process in place for media relations and when employees at the store level can speak to the media.

It's more likely those came in from the distribution center with those stickers over the barcode. It would take more time/effort to print out that volume of stickers at the store level and then have an employee/s place them on the box than they would make from some nefarious plan to increase costs.
The manager was talked to by a news investigator, so they didn't actually know they were going to be quoted in a news story and the news station knows better then to bust in with a reporter and a camera. Obviously the news station doesn't want Target as a client.

The manager was talked to by a news investigator, so they didn't actually know they were going to be quoted in a news story and the news station knows better then to bust in with a reporter and a camera. Obviously the news station doesn't want Target as a client.
After re-reading it, I see they did mention they stayed undercover when talking to the manager.

The different UPC is how they know how to stock it in a different area...

Out of all the retailers to complain about, Target is definitely not one of them.  But thx Action News for the $1.60 total discrepancy on three items. 

Maybe they can do some news reporting on all the insane deals people have gotten at Target, or how they will price match the other big retailers effectively making them the cheapest place in town for many things. 

"I'm, like, irritated because my kids go through that stuff like it's water," one mom said. "That's crazy."
That is a lot of over-the-counter pain reliever. A minor price discrepancy is perhaps not the biggest issue.

The different UPC is how they know how to stock it in a different area...

Out of all the retailers to complain about, Target is definitely not one of them. But thx Action News for the $1.60 total discrepancy on three items.

Maybe they can do some news reporting on all the insane deals people have gotten at Target, or how they will price match the other big retailers effectively making them the cheapest place in town for many things.
Careful, you know what happens when you start defending a retailer...

Careful, you know what happens when you start defending a retailer...
It's not like they're Walmart where you can find clearance gems like this:

FgPRrwL.jpg

It was converted to used. Will be $9.99 in store but you have to go in store to find it.
Thanks for the info. Tried a couple local Gamestops and no luck. It may be very YMMV though. While I only saw it once myself , it seems they do at least sometimes break down bundles and sell the items separately and since they do sell used Amiibos they could end up doing that with this. Saw them do it with the Kinect for the 360 a while ago. They took out Kinect Adventures to sell it separately from the Kinect.

Thanks for the info. Tried a couple local Gamestops and no luck. It may be very YMMV though. While I only saw it once myself , it seems they do at least sometimes break down bundles and sell the items separately and since they do sell used Amiibos they could end up doing that with this. Saw them do it with the Kinect for the 360 a while ago. They took out Kinect Adventures to sell it separately from the Kinect.
I've seen it with the amiibo with it tagged as used at several stores.

Saw the WD 4TB portable hard drive $74.98, 3TB one was $64.98 today.

The 4TB was originally $149.99 according to the sticker. Sorry no DCPI for y'all.

Edit..oddly enough they still wanted $69.98 for the 2TB Xbox branded green one.

Somehow, I'd think it would be difficult to ski and shoot simultaneously.

Anyway, I got the last copies of Bayonetta 2, Chibi Robo and NES Remix Pack tonight.

Some more stuff, mostly Xbox One and last gen:

:ps4:
Terraria 207-34-0577 $19.99 -> $13.98

:xb1:
Dishonored 207-32-2267 $19.99 -> $13.98
Sunset Overdrive 207-32-0017 $29.99 -> $14.98
Resident Evil Revelations 2 207-32-1103 $29.99 -> $20.98
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour 207-32-0119 $39.99 -> $19.98
Terraria 207-32-0577 $19.99 -> $13.98
Far Cry 4 (vanilla) 207-32-1124 $29.99 -> $20.98
Evolve (vanilla) 207-32-0966 $19.99 -> $9.98

:wiiu:
Rayman Legends 207-30-0908 $39.99 -> $19.98

:360:
The Evil Within 207-22-1043 $14.99 -> $7.48
Watch Dogs 207-22-0884 $19.99 -> $13.98
Far Cry 4 207-22-1124 $19.99 -> $9.98
Halo Reach 207-22-0464 $19.99 -> $13.98
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel 207-22-1065 $14.99 -> $10.48

:ps3:
Far Cry 4 LE 207-24-1124 $19.99 -> $9.98
Watch Dogs 207-24-0884 $19.99 -> $13.98
Skate 3 207-24-0355 $19.99 -> $9.98

:pc:
Windows 8 Pro 207-28-0359 $199.99 -> $99.98

Injustice GAU 207-34-0073 $19.99 > 13.98
Metro Redux 207-34-0107
$19.99 > 9.98

Anybody knows how when is 50% pre-owned supposed to end? Hoping 10% coupon may have some use this Sunday.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Picked up Evil Within PS4 with the Fighting Chance pack and holographic sleeve for $13.98 and Chibi-Robo Zip Lash with Amiibo for 3DS for $19.99.

Evil Within DCPI : 207 34 1043 Brickseek shows some places listed even lower at $9.98
Chibi Robo DCPI : 207-02-1522
Thanks for this. Grabbed the last one that had the slipcover on lunch break for $9.98. They are now down to 16 copies.

I actually managed to hit a few Targets during the course of my travels today, and found a few odd Lego Dimensions packs on clearance at the last store a couple of hours ago.  Didn't see these or any other packs on clearance at the other Targets (though this last store was a City Target so that could be why), and the prices were lousy (15-30% off i.e. $8-10 from $11.99) except for two specific characters which could be combined with the Cartwheel 70% off discount (it ends tonight, it is/was on Lego Dimensions Chima, Movie, and I think LOTR fun packs).  

The two with the decent stack pricing were the Chima Laval (lion) and Eris (eagle) packs; they were clearance priced $5.98 each however with the Cartwheel discount they ended up being $1.79 a piece. 

Not as good as the $1 bin at Walmart but not bad for little party favors stocking stuffers etc.

EDIT: Guess the Lego Dimensions 70% off Chima, Lego Movie, and LOTR fun packs is good through end of today, so if you can find any of those packs on clearance today you should be able to score a decent double dip discount.

Just an FYI that the 10% stacked for me with the 50% off Xbox 360 cartwheel (today only).  Got a 500GB Forza Horizon 2 bundle for $84.00.

Yeah, I was pleased with the deal, especially since my 360 died awhile back.

I should be able to hopefully sell the FH 2 code for a few dollars as well - not really interested in that game...
Is this model of XBOX 360 the most reliable one available? I think everyone I know that has had an xbox 360 has experienced the red ring of death at least once.

Is this model of XBOX 360 the most reliable one available? I think everyone I know that has had an xbox 360 has experienced the red ring of death at least once.
I've heard nothing but good things in terms of reliability on the new models. However I know they are missing optical output or something along those lines.

Whew after shipping and fees that's going to be a whole 30 bucks a pop!
I'll just quote Keiji Inafune "It's better then nothing."

Edit: Ha. Your CAG name.

I think it's the mid models that are generally preferred with that gen. Not because the last iterations were necessarily bad but were more plasticy and cut here and there.

I went from a S model to an E slim model when the Call of Duty 360 bundles were getting clearanced out at Target way back when. I'm quite pleased. It's extremely quiet. I still have my S just in case I need a backup system down the line, and if I had money to burn on another 360, I'd probably buy one.

I'm just pleased I went from my launch model 360 that had the RROD I think the second time I turned it on but has lasted all this time after the fix, to a new model with HDMI finally.

360 S model is classy and sleek. Has 3 usb ports in the back and touch sensitive front panel buttons. E model loses 1 USB port and has regular physical buttons.

bread's done
Back