Target Clearance Thread XXII

I too was able to pick up Bayonetta 2 for $9 and Just Dance 2015 for WiiU for $6.
Also, the target I went to had Red Dead Redemption Undead Collection for Xbox 360 for $30. I missed out when it was on the sale on Xbox live when it was announced to be backwards compatible with Xbox one. Interestingly, it had a small sticker that read "playable of Xbox one". I wonder if it was re-released? $30 is more than what I want to pay, so I passed.
I've also seen Doom 3: BFG Edition at Walmart with one of those stickers. Good to see some 360 games getting a re-release!

Found injustice PS4 for 13.98. Looked up brickseek and it showed $9.98

then i hid it. hopefully it'll still be there when i go back

At my local Target now.... Brickseek is giving cheaper prices for clearance WiiU games than the tags say here. Are the tags more reliable?
I think it's been mentioned in this thread but a clearance team or something has to manually put a new clearance sticker on the item. Brick seek is showing that the item is scheduled to go lower so all you have to do is wait till whoever it is puts the new sticker with the lower price.

I think it's been mentioned in this thread but a clearance team or something has to manually put a new clearance sticker on the item. Brick seek is showing that the item is scheduled to go lower so all you have to do is wait till whoever it is puts the new sticker with the lower price.
What if I hid it and the lower sticker never got put on?

might wanna wait for $5.98, current lowest in my area. New price hasn't kicked in yet tho

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
do you think it'll take a few days or weeks?

i did that to alien: isolation. scanned and it says $9.98. stashed it and it rang up $5.98 when i came back the next week

Last edited by a moderator:
What if I hid it and the lower sticker never got put on?
Should still come up for the lower price. If it comes up with the lower price and the cashier tries to sell it to you for the price on the label tell him/her they have to sell it for whatever it rings up for. A cashier tried to do this to me and after I said that another cashier told him I was right.

1. If it rings up for a lower price they have to sell it at that price.

2. If the price on the sticker is lower than the register, they have to sell it at the sticker price.

Should still come up for the lower price. If it comes up with the lower price and the cashier tries to sell it to you for the price on the label tell him/her they have to sell it for whatever it rings up for. A cashier tried to do this to me and after I said that another cashier told him I was right.

1. If it rings up for a lower price they have to sell it at that price.

2. If the price on the sticker is lower than the register, they have to sell it at the sticker price.
You could always remove the sticker if you are worried. The cashier probably has no idea what the price for the game usually is

Local target had 1 Hyrule for $17.98, which I grabbed, and still about 20 Xenoblade. Also a bunch of ps4 and X1 Terraria for $9.98. AND NOW THAT THE CARTWHEEL SALE IS OVER THEY FINALLY FIND THAT ONE 500GB FORZA HORIZON 2 360 BUNDLE AND PUT IT OUT ON THE FLOOR. I could have had it for $80.
Found out for the xbox best bet was to do a pick up in store then return rebuy to get all discounts.

Brickseek may just be updated before the actual store.

Mine also says they are $17 now, but I bet they wont be until Monday/Tuesday

I picked up my games this morning along with the Target exclusive Oregon Trail card game and the 5 Cards Against Humanity exclusive packs.  All prices were live in store, Xenoblades and Hyrule Warriors were $17.98 each, Bayonettas and NES REmixes $8.98.  Mighty No. 9 $8.98 as well, but pretty ambivalent on that one.  

anyone got the target exclusive cards against humanity dcpi numbers? wanna check brickseek
The six $10 expansions are 087-10-3109 through 3114. The $5 card packs are 087-10-3388 through 3391. The $4 pack which i assume is the retail exclusive one is 087-10-3115. Be aware that inventory counts are off at most of the stores I have visited.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I picked up my games this morning along with the Target exclusive Oregon Trail card game and the 5 Cards Against Humanity exclusive packs. All prices were live in store, Xenoblades and Hyrule Warriors were $17.98 each, Bayonettas and NES REmixes $8.98. Mighty No. 9 $8.98 as well, but pretty ambivalent on that one.
Do you know if Oregon trail was a restock or still original distribution?

So I went to 6 different targets today I couldn't find hyrule Warriors anywhere. 3 of them had xenoblade for 29.99, 2 of them had it for 41.99, 1 had none and the last one I went to had it for 17.99 I also picked there bayonetta 2 for 8.99. None of the information in brickseek was accurate at all. It had xenoblade marked at 17.99 everywhere which it wasn't the case and it had hyrule Warriors in stock everywhere which again wasn't the case.

So I went to 6 different targets today I couldn't find hyrule Warriors anywhere. 3 of them had xenoblade for 29.99, 2 of them had it for 41.99, 1 had none and the last one I went to had it for 17.99 I also picked there bayonetta 2 for 8.99. None of the information in brickseek was accurate at all. It had xenoblade marked at 17.99 everywhere which it wasn't the case and it had hyrule Warriors in stock everywhere which again wasn't the case.
Xenoblade is showing a price of $17.98 at all Targets within 100 miles of me that still have it in their systems, though I believe that seemingly universal price drop came down this past Wednesday, and won't be "live" in stores that haven't yet hit that price until the pricing team applies the electronics department price changes which again usually takes place on Mondays at most stores. Lots of stores are showing phantom inventory, often these supposed 1-3 copies of Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade etc. are completely M.I.A. and most likely have been stashed somewhere in the store, or even stolen.

Sometimes you get lucky checking behind other games or in the wrong location in all of the plastic prisons in the Wiiu/Wii sections and even the 3DS/DS and random oddball game prisons, sometimes some or all clearance games have been pulled and dumped in the clearance or value/used games sections/endcaps, sometimes they are just hidden somewhere in the store, or in a backroom/storeroom location, or in the drawers or counter at electronics, or up in guest services. Far too often it's a crapshoot.

Xenoblade is showing a price of $17.98 at all Targets within 100 miles of me that still have it in their systems, though I believe that seemingly universal price drop came down this past Wednesday, and won't be "live" in stores that haven't yet hit that price until the pricing team applies the electronics department price changes which again usually takes place on Mondays at most stores. Lots of stores are showing phantom inventory, often these supposed 1-3 copies of Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade etc. are completely M.I.A. and most likely have been stashed somewhere in the store, or even stolen.

Sometimes you get lucky checking behind other games or in the wrong location in all of the plastic prisons in the Wiiu/Wii sections and even the 3DS/DS and random oddball game prisons, sometimes some or all clearance games have been pulled and dumped in the clearance or value/used games sections/endcaps, sometimes they are just hidden somewhere in the store, or in a backroom/storeroom location, or in the drawers or counter at electronics, or up in guest services. Far too often it's a crapshoot.
There was a target that said in brickseek that they had 18 copies of hyrule Warriors instock and there was nothing I asked somebody there and she said since its on clearance they are not on the back they are with the value price games I looked everywhere and nothing

There was a target that said in brickseek that they had 18 copies of hyrule Warriors instock and there was nothing I asked somebody there and she said since its on clearance they are not on the back they are with the value price games I looked everywhere and nothing
Yup, I've seen inventory counts supposedly "off" by ridiculous amounts. Usually when pressed in these cases, the random employee/manager will just shrug and say the system inventory is just incorrect and it's off for some unknown reason or an employee mistake.

Even though clearance products are supposed to be taken out "of the back" or the plastic prisons and placed in the designated value games/clearance endcaps or areas of the department, doesn't mean it always happens. I wouldn't be surprised if there actually are a ton of copies in a box or on a shelf somewhere in that particular store, though 18 copies is pretty absurdly high. They might have a full, sealed or near full box of them sitting somewhere forgotten in a stock room, with the location not recorded or update, so they could be missing until someone cleans up the back or stumbles on them. Or they could be hidden by an employee or even a customer. Or a mistaken inventory count accidentally bumped the number up like stated above. Sucks because without a bit of luck on your side, you will never find them.

I managed to get Bayonetta 2 for $8.98. My copy also included Bayonetta 1. Came up full price but after an override it was all gravy. Clerk went back and saw all the bayos were clearance and was like whatever.

I managed to get Bayonetta 2 for $8.98. My copy also included Bayonetta 1. Came up full price but after an override it was all gravy. Clerk went back and saw all the bayos were clearance and was like whatever.
Bayonetta 2 worth $10 and you able to got Bayonetta 2 1st printed with Bayonetta is HUGE plus. You should get 2 copies ;)

not a clearance deal, but worth mentioning.

3 GE LED 60 watt 2 pack for 9.99 + tax

http://www.target.com/p/ge-led-60-watt-light-bulb-2-pack-soft-white/-/A-16762295?lnk=abtest_searchpdp_1

http://www.target.com/p/ge-led-40-watt-light-bulb-2-pack-soft-white/-/A-16762269?lnk=abtest_searchpdp_5

Current deal is buy any 2 GE light bulbs get 1 free. Add target cartwheel for 50% off 60w/40w GE LED 2 pack (soft white only)

9.99 - 5% red card + tax.
Thanks for the info! Need light bulbs so this is perfect!

Got lucky and picked probably the last copy of :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors for $17.98 at the most unlikely place

Picked up Hyrule for $30

Going to try return and rebuy today even though it was the last one (Brickseek said $17 so hoping for an update today)

The Target in Plantation, Florida on Broward cut the infinity figures down to 70% off (about $4.18) per figure.  I saw Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Han, Chewie, Yoda and Ultron. 

Everything hit 70% but nothing good is left. Would have picked up Far Cry 4 but the PS4 version is randomly $10 higher before discount so I passed.

Saved $200 on a giant cart of sort of school related clearance that was 90% off though.

Far Cry 4 for the PS4 was $12 or something. They also had it on the PS3 for $6. I also saw like 20 copies of WWE 15 for the XOne, NBA15 for the PS4 and FIFA 15 for the PS4 all at $12 or so.

They also had the huge Halo Reach Statue limited edition set for $70.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

so for the Disney Infinity crowd.  How many figures will survive the 70% off clearance?  My stores just hit, but two weeks from now it may be wiped out.  Plus when they hit 90, there will be a hot wheels guy there first thing to pick them all up.

Picked up Hyrule Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles X for $17.98 a piece.  Also Fossil Fighters Frontier on 3DS for $10.48.

One copy of each left at the small Target in Springfield PA.

so for the Disney Infinity crowd. How many figures will survive the 70% off clearance? My stores just hit, but two weeks from now it may be wiped out. Plus when they hit 90, there will be a hot wheels guy there first thing to pick them all up.
They won't hit 90%, what doesn't sell will go to salvage. The only thing that hits 90% (outside of flukey stores and random items that Brickseek picks up) these days is seasonal clearance.

Am i able to get a partial refund for clearance drop or is that a no? Bought HW for 29.99 a few days before it dropped to 17.98 in my area.

Am i able to get a partial refund for clearance drop or is that a no? Bought HW for 29.99 a few days before it dropped to 17.98 in my area.
I've seen posts where people got price adjustments or were able to return and rebuy, but I've been shot down on an adjustment before.

so for the Disney Infinity crowd. How many figures will survive the 70% off clearance? My stores just hit, but two weeks from now it may be wiped out. Plus when they hit 90, there will be a hot wheels guy there first thing to pick them all up.
As Eldritch said, there won't be a 90%. Plus, a few quick Bricklink searches using DPCIs from Target.com show Infinity stuff already has been cleaned out around me at 70%.

bread's done
Back