Target Clearance Thread XXII

apparently powerbeats2 wireless can be had for $65, $99 in store and then a 35% off cartwheel. courtesy of slickdeals

white- 057-01-0523
black- 057-01-1320
red- 057-01-1321

Edit: just went and made sure to only get 1, it worked no problem.
Thanks for posting this, I tracked down a blk pair after hitting 3 targets. Was looking for red but I'll take what I can get. Needed some for the gym.

Also picked up Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour (XB1) for $6, flips for $16 at BBY. Also found & picked up Chibi-robo zip lash w/ amiibo marked as an online item for $8.36. Oddly another was there tag at 27+.

apparently powerbeats2 wireless can be had for $65, $99 in store and then a 35% off cartwheel. courtesy of slickdeals

white- 057-01-0523
black- 057-01-1320
red- 057-01-1321

Edit: just went and made sure to only get 1, it worked no problem.
checked brickseek and none of the targets in my area unfortunately have any available for sale -_-

Thanks for sharing this though. Never would have known about it otherwise

Depends. First, your information is not correct. PS TV/Vita doesn't have the power to run as PS3 emulator if that's what you mean games on PS3. If you want to play PS3 games on PS TV, you need to subscribe Playstation Now service which only works on latest firmware. Playing PSP ISO also is not working yet but is being worked on, or it might be easier to get a hacked PSP in that case.
If you meant PS3/PSP games on your PSN account, you might be risking a ban on your PSN account if Sony decides to do it.

And for MANY other games, playing PSV games back up is straight forward with some hassle to transfer files (and you need larger memory card which is just going up in price), and you'd better to create a new PSN account, by forfeiting show trophies in your original account unless you want to risk a ban on your regular PSN account.

For emulator games, you can do that much easier using any pc or laptop. MAME, NES, SNES, GBA emulator have been readily available for many years and easily setup. So, PS TV doesn't exactly have an advantage and it's not as easy to setup (you need to redo the hack everytime you power off and on)

Other PS Vita/TV functions like Remote Play will requires latest firmware (there is way to work around but again risking a ban on your PSN account later)

I would say having a hacked Vita or TV is more like for hobbyist than real benefit.
Well except bypassing restrictions and playing every and any vita game on it. (ones you own of course)

Depends. First, your information is not correct. PS TV/Vita doesn't have the power to run as PS3 emulator if that's what you mean games on PS3. If you want to play PS3 games on PS TV, you need to subscribe Playstation Now service which only works on latest firmware. Playing PSP ISO also is not working yet but is being worked on, or it might be easier to get a hacked PSP in that case.

If you meant PS3/PSP games on your PSN account, you might be risking a ban on your PSN account if Sony decides to do it.

And for MANY other games, playing PSV games back up is straight forward with some hassle to transfer files (and you need larger memory card which is just going up in price), and you'd better to create a new PSN account, by forfeiting show trophies in your original account unless you want to risk a ban on your regular PSN account.

For emulator games, you can do that much easier using any pc or laptop. MAME, NES, SNES, GBA emulator have been readily available for many years and easily setup. So, PS TV doesn't exactly have an advantage and it's not as easy to setup (you need to redo the hack everytime you power off and on)

Other PS Vita/TV functions like Remote Play will requires latest firmware (there is way to work around but again risking a ban on your PSN account later)

I would say having a hacked Vita or TV is more like for hobbyist than real benefit.
Why would I be risking a ban to play games I already own...something the system was made for? Genuinely asking... Do you mean if I play games from my PSN account and also don't update? I mean honestly I don't NEED it as an emulator, nor do I NEED it to play PSN games... If it was one or the other I'd probably be ok with that. Or, get a cheap Vita later and use that for one and PSTV for the other.

Oh, I mean no iso, etc. Wanted remote play to be able to play ps3 disc games kinda like what the wii u does. I dont have PS+.

I got a psp 1000 and 3000, so no need to throw money on umd games again. The ps TV can play vita cart games right? If so, I may hold out on a vita handheld and just get the vita tv to enjoy some of the games gotten from Target.

Oh, I mean no iso, etc. Wanted remote play to be able to play ps3 disc games kinda like what the wii u does. I dont have PS+.
I got a psp 1000 and 3000, so no need to throw money on umd games again. The ps TV can play vita cart games right? If so, I may hold out on a vita handheld and just get the vita tv to enjoy some of the games gotten from Target.
not all vita games compatible with pstv

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Drove an hour out of the way and was able to score a 12 gig PS3 for $60. Saw they had a 500 gig Lego Batman system as well sadly it was still $250. Glad i have a PS3 again to move over those plenty of playable PS3 games i've been getting from PS+. 

My local target is showing 2 of the $60 12GB PS3 but they are nowhere to be found on the sale floor. I scoured the store thinking maybe someone hid one of them but came up empty. I finally resorted to asking two employees who confirmed that 2 are showing in inventory and it is impossible they would be in the back and refused to look. Thinking about going to guest services later today.
Hmm The 2 $60 PS3 that were not on the sale floor and "not in the back" are now showing zero on brickseek. fucked over by Target employees once again.

There is a PS3 move set with the goldeneye 007 game for $52 at the target I visited. It has the move controller, navigation controller, PS3 camera, gun peripheral and game. If it was $30 or cheaper it would be worth it considering the PS4 move controllers are $50 each.
Didja get a DPCI?

Supposedly two Vita's an hour away from me at the 140$ price. Still feels a bit steep for me though, don't think it's justifiable even at a nearby store for that. If they last long enough to go below 120$ I'll probably make the trip to try and grab one.

Saw one of my local Targets has carts of merchandise with a piece of paper with "Backstock" written and taped on it? Any ideas of these gonna be put out on clearance or sent off to GW?

This store just made some crazy renovation too, a whole chunk of movies and entertainment section got chopped off to make way for.....sport teams apparel.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Much of the clearance at my store has been removed...and lots of the newer clearance isn't even marked yet (despite showing up on brickseek).  Guess it's time to go check out my GoodWill...

For those that got the PS3's, you should get the Disgaea Triple Collection. Very great JRPG series and well worth it for $22 (it's normally $30+, the games separately are $20+/each). Includes: 

• Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
  • Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
  • Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/the-disgaea-triple-play-collection/123503

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x19b9UwxtFw

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that got the PS3's, you should get the Disgaea Triple Collection. Very great JRPG series and well worth it for $22 (it's normally $30+, the games separately are $20+/each). Includes:

Do you happen to know if it is all on one disc or is it 3 separate discs?

I've played every one since the PS2 era. The problem with this collection is it does not include all of the DLC. And as a little information for those unfamilar with the series. It is a turn based JRPG where the main story is short and the post game is the true purpose of the game. You have to level up to 9999 then reincarnate back to level 1 to get bonus stats. The final boss has hp in I'm wanting to say the hundreds of millions. It is a game series that is an easy 100+ hours each game.

I've played every one since the PS2 era. The problem with this collection is it does not include all of the DLC. And as a little information for those unfamilar with the series. It is a turn based JRPG where the main story is short and the post game is the true purpose of the game. You have to level up to 9999 then reincarnate back to level 1 to get bonus stats. The final boss has hp in I'm wanting to say the hundreds of millions. It is a game series that is an easy 100+ hours each game.
Does any Disgaea game (disc) come with DLC?

D'oh.  Was planning to pick up a ps3 today for a xmas present at a slightly out of the way store that had 6 in stock like a day ago (car was in the shop, so I couldn't get out there).  Checked last night, and every store in the area dropped to 0 in stock.  Not sure if el hoardo hit or if they've been shipped off to Goodwill.  Might still check tonight and see if any are still sitting on a clearance endcap somewhere, but argh...

Lol...the icing on the cake is that I got a $5 off $25 Target purchase coupon yesterday.  Was excited until I checked the ps3 stock again.  Now the coupon's just taunting me.

Probably YMMV got a $5 off a $10 purchase and $10 off a $50 purchase coupon in the mail.

They are for sale.

Edit: I'll give them away for free for the cost of postage maybe. Not sure if I will use them.

D'oh. Was planning to pick up a ps3 today for a xmas present at a slightly out of the way store that had 6 in stock like a day ago (car was in the shop, so I couldn't get out there). Checked last night, and every store in the area dropped to 0 in stock. Not sure if el hoardo hit or if they've been shipped off to Goodwill. Might still check tonight and see if any are still sitting on a clearance endcap somewhere, but argh...

Lol...the icing on the cake is that I got a $5 off $25 Target purchase coupon yesterday. Was excited until I checked the ps3 stock again. Now the coupon's just taunting me.
Same thing happened in my area but i took a in store look for one i knew was there the day before and it was still there so go take a look might get lucky

Just wondering if anyone knows...

I was going to buy an item that has decreased on brickseek at other stores but not at my own,  will the price drop  automatically in the future if I go in early and buy the last  item first?    That way I can go back and get a refund if it drops?

Just wondering if anyone knows...

I was going to buy an item that has decreased on brickseek at other stores but not at my own, will the price drop automatically in the future if I go in early and buy the last item first? That way I can go back and get a refund if it drops?
yeah you can. I did this with hyrule warriors last month

As others have mentioned, both of my local Targets had their electronics department revised. Salvaged all the clearance stuff at the same time too--new gen and last gen games, headsets, even consoles and a couple fitbits. I went back to the 2nd store today because they had like 10 PS4 and 2 XB1 copies of Evolve last week. But today, everything was gone. Asked an associate who typed in the PLU for both platforms and confirmed that Evolve had been salvaged. This one is a low-volume store too. :/ 

Moral of the story: Target might be changing how they clearance/salvage items in electronics, so it may be wise to go ahead and grab what you want. Both of these Targets had had a decent clearance game selection for years, but today had not a single game under $19.99. Feels bad.

As others have mentioned, both of my local Targets had their electronics department revised. Salvaged all the clearance stuff at the same time too--new gen and last gen games, headsets, even consoles and a couple fitbits. I went back to the 2nd store today because they had like 10 PS4 and 2 XB1 copies of Evolve last week. But today, everything was gone. Asked an associate who typed in the PLU for both platforms and confirmed that Evolve had been salvaged. This one is a low-volume store too. :/

Moral of the story: Target might be changing how they clearance/salvage items in electronics, so it may be wise to go ahead and grab what you want. Both of these Targets had had a decent clearance game selection for years, but today had not a single game under $19.99. Feels bad.
I feel for you dude :'(

Haha. Unfortunately I don't live in that area - was hoping it was a different DCPI than the ones I've been checking - nothing around here...

If anyone picks up an extra, PM me. Would be willing to pay extra and s/h - really need one.

207-23-1403
Better hurry up before ZeroGame gets there. He's building a fort out of PS3s.

Same thing happened in my area but i took a in store look for one i knew was there the day before and it was still there so go take a look might get lucky
Thanks. I got lucky here, too... I went and found all 5 or 6 still in the locked case untouched. Grabbed the one I was planning to get for a xmas present (might have grabbed a second as a backup for myself if I wasn't short on cash). No copies of Ghosts, but hey...lol

If anyone in the Western NY area is still looking, that leaves 4 or 5 12GB ps3's still in the case at the store on Transit Road in Depew.

Thanks. I got lucky here, too... I went and found all 5 or 6 still in the locked case untouched. Grabbed the one I was planning to get for a xmas present (might have grabbed a second as a backup for myself if I wasn't short on cash). No copies of Ghosts, but hey...lol

If anyone in the Western NY area is still looking, that leaves 4 or 5 12GB ps3's still in the case at the store on Transit Road in Depew.
Thanks for the heads up. I checked brickseek yesterday and that store said 0 but the one is east amherst had 3 per brickseek. I may need to hit that one up tomorrow if I get a chance

bread's done
Back