Target Clearance Thread XXII

I was at the Fox Hills mall location today and they have the Xbox One Division and Gears Ultimate in stock.

Both rang up at full price, what's up with that?

I was at the Fox Hills mall location today and they have the Xbox One Division and Gears Ultimate in stock.

Clearances are YMMV. You should have checked with the Target app to see if the price was suppose to be updated and asked for a price adjustment though.

See this is where I'm lost when it comes to target clearance.
I checked brickseek and various zip codes across the country, dozens of stores. Literally one store out of them shows it at any price under $99, and it's a store in Harlem for $49.98. What do you mean by it was $29.98 online, that the rep saw that price in store yet refused to honor it too?
Well brickseek showed a few stores around me had it marked down to 29.98. Everywhere else it was $99. Showed up to one store but they refused to sell it to me for 29.98 even though when it was scanned with the target app it showed up for 29.98.
I'm guessing this particular store hadn't done its markdowns yet when. I went there not this Sunday but the one before that. They refused to sell it to me for the correct price because I'm guessing it hadn't been marked down yet in their store. I ended it up finding it at another store the next day and rung up as it should have according to brickseek. I considered going back to store number one again to get a second one being that it was Monday . Idk how else to explain it lol.
Just because Brickseek has a clearance price listed doesn't mean that you are guaranteed that in store it will be that price. As it was explained to me, the Target employees have to go around the store and physically scan clearance items each time they drop down to another level of clearance - if the items aren't scanned by the handheld, then they will remain at the last clearance price in that store's system.

On top of that, the stores have different days that the clearance patrol hits different departments so you have to just figure it out where you are - but for electronics / toys the clearance teams in most stores seem to scan that stuff on Mondays. So it's sometimes helpful to use the self price check and type in the DPCI and see if it comes up to what you think, and if it does go find an employee with a handheld thingie and ask them to scan it for a price check and it could possibly make it drop down correctly. Possibly.

but then, sometimes
And sometimes when you actually do see a great clearance deal in your area and you know that particular store has a few of that item in stock so you decide to go look because you're sure you're going to make out like a bandit. You walk up to where they were and... they're not there. You might even use the self price check machine thing and see that the store still has them - and the price even come up as cheap as you think it will. Now you know that $3 pot of gold is yours but you can't see it, so you bite the bullet and ask an employee for help... the employee seems like he is helping you - he goes to the spot where the item should be, but can't find it - hey just like you told him 2 minutes ago! And then maybe goes to his computer and types some stuff. Yet they seem to always say the wrong brand or the wrong version, or they repeatedly ask for details about the item even though you've told them 5 times. And then it dawns on you - they're just stonewalling you because they've already stashed the item for themselves or a friend.

Or they flat out refuse to sell it, like was stated.

Or they "go check the back" for you, but you wait for 20 minutes and don't see them again so you give up.

Or they on the fly come up with bullshit limits on clearance, because, you know, it was so fucking popular that it went to fucking clearance so clearly it's in high demand.

Or any of the 800 other reasons why you probably won't get that laptop for $120 or that Xbox One for $75, even though you saw it change a few hours ago and got to the store right when it opened.

STORY TIME OVER! holy cow that got out of hand guess I'm gonna spoiler tag it

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because Brickseek has a clearance price listed doesn't mean that you are guaranteed that in store it will be that price. As it was explained to me, the Target employees have to go around the store and physically scan clearance items each time they drop down to another level of clearance - if the items aren't scanned by the handheld, then they will remain at the last clearance price in that store's system.

On top of that, the stores have different days that the clearance patrol hits different departments so you have to just figure it out where you are - but for electronics / toys the clearance teams in most stores seem to scan that stuff on Mondays. So it's sometimes helpful to use the self price check and type in the DPCI and see if it comes up to what you think, and if it does go find an employee with a handheld thingie and ask them to scan it for a price check and it could possibly make it drop down correctly. Possibly.

but then, sometimes
And sometimes when you actually do see a great clearance deal in your area and you know that particular store has a few of that item in stock so you decide to go look because you're sure you're going to make out like a bandit. You walk up to where they were and... they're not there. You might even use the self price check machine thing and see that the store still has them - and the price even come up as cheap as you think it will. Now you know that $3 pot of gold is yours but you can't see it, so you bite the bullet and ask an employee for help... the employee seems like he is helping you - he goes to the spot where the item should be, but can't find it - hey just like you told him 2 minutes ago! And then maybe goes to his computer and types some stuff. Yet they seem to always say the wrong brand or the wrong version, or they repeatedly ask for details about the item even though you've told them 5 times. And then it dawns on you - they're just stonewalling you because they've already stashed the item for themselves or a friend.

Or they flat out refuse to sell it, like was stated.

Or they "go check the back" for you, but you wait for 20 minutes and don't see them again so you give up.

Or they on the fly come up with bullshit limits on clearance, because, you know, it was so fucking popular that it went to fucking clearance so clearly it's in high demand.

Or any of the 800 other reasons why you probably won't get that laptop for $120 or that Xbox One for $75, even though you saw it change a few hours ago and got to the store right when it opened.

STORY TIME OVER! holy cow that got out of hand guess I'm gonna spoiler tag it
I read the whole post, lol. Thanks for sharing. I've never had an employee refuse to sell me an item that was marked super low on clearance. Like when I found the Princess Peach Wii Notes for $10. They didn't even bat their eye at it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I have had employees try to tell me the clearance price is wrong and it should not wring up this low and they cannot sell the game to me (mostly deluxe, complete, ultimate, etc editions that get lumped into the regular version DCPI)  I tell them to get the manager to tell me they cannot sell an item to me for the clearance price, I have never had to speak with a manager about said issue.

I have had employees try to tell me the clearance price is wrong and it should not wring up this low and they cannot sell the game to me (mostly deluxe, complete, ultimate, etc editions that get lumped into the regular version DCPI) I tell them to get the manager to tell me they cannot sell an item to me for the clearance price, I have never had to speak with a manager about said issue.
I find the self checkout lanes to be very convenient in times like this.

AC Rogue 360 $5.96

State of Decay Year One Survival x1 $8.96

Also saw one roku 3 for $49.96 with that remote with headphone jack

3 words - fox hills mall. Just kidding I like that Target even though I've never had any luck with any clearance anything there.

Did you provide the DPCI or have em look it up? I could've sworn punching in that DPCI wouldnt bring anything up

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
I saw the bundle and asked them to price check it. It was ringing up as 349 and the dpci was 0006. I had them look up the rainbow six dpci and they said it was a "different" bundle. So the wife needed to go to Jc penny so I had ample time to compare the one that it was ringing up as and the rainbow six one. I saw it was two completely different bundles, went to customer service and they took care of it for me right away.

I saw the bundle and asked them to price check it. It was ringing up as 349 and the dpci was 0006. I had them look up the rainbow six dpci and they said it was a "different" bundle. So the wife needed to go to Jc penny so I had ample time to compare the one that it was ringing up as and the rainbow six one. I saw it was two completely different bundles, went to customer service and they took care of it for me right away.
Got shot down because the LOD didn't give a damn if the packaging of the Triple Game and R6S are different, even the description on his ipod/pda differentiated the two. He reasoned the other bundle included 3 games just as the R6S, this would fit the Triple Game description perfectly: 3 games and console.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Not a clearance, but a nearby store put out a bunch of copies of the OOP Elder Scrolls Anthology set for no apparent reason ($30, which is at least half of what they're going for now). DPCI is 207-28-0888.

So I went to a few Target's and some had the Xbox One Name Your Game Bundle. Problem is they rung up as $250 for the Gears Bundle. Not sure what to do to prove it's a lower price since I can't find the correct DPCI for the NYG bundle.

Target usually drops the halloween stuff quickly. I'm thinking maybe Thursday or Friday it will hit 70%. My memory maybe a little foggy but does that sound right?
I'm hoping Thursday since I have it off from work and can go check right after I drop the kid off from school. :rofl:

I do feel like it happens a little quicker than say Christmas mainly because they have Christmas stuff to roll out.

Looks like both Google OnHub routers are on clearance:

Asus -- 056-02-0212 ($99.98)
TP-Link -- 056-02-0288 ($94.98)

So were there any glitches or exceptionally compelling deals reported with the Target B2G1 sale?  I know people were coupling it with the $10 off/free $10 giftcard with $100 purchase coupon as well as the kid's wish list 10% off, but some people reported using wedding/college registry discounts as well.  I never got a single wedding registry coupon back in the day despite numerous attempts, I thought that well had long dried up.  

Should I pick up the Playstation TV Lego bundle for $49.98?? Thinking of picking up the Destiny LE for Xbox One at 50 too, not sure if that's a decent deal or not, kind of out of the loop lately

Its been $20 at walmart so I would hold off.
The Bundle? I remember the Bundle being $30 and the Standalone being $20.

I'm in a similar boat, most of the Targets near me dropped the PSTV Bundle down to $50, I'm curious how much lower it can go, could someone with expertise on electronics clearance let us know? If it goes down to $30 range, I'd buy another one to keep on 3.60.

Should I pick up the Playstation TV Lego bundle for $49.98?? Thinking of picking up the Destiny LE for Xbox One at 50 too, not sure if that's a decent deal or not, kind of out of the loop lately
It really depends on how much you want the PS TV. It's out of production, and a lot of stores already clearanced out their stock. If you really want it before they sell out, $50 isn't a bad price for the bundle. If you don't really care, you can roll the dice and hope they survive another drop before selling out or getting shipped off to Goodwill.

Candy clearances (Easter & Halloween) at Target used to be good.  Now, for the last few years they pull 90% of the chocolate off the shelves immediately.

bread's done
Back