Target Clearance Thread XXII

They told me if you return a clearence item, they need to put the item back on the floor. Is that the experience with everyone>
That is the official Target policy/SOP, however as always it really comes down to individual experiences i.e. "YMMV". I plan on taking in a pair of NES Classics today or tomorrow so that I can return/rebuy to get the $10 off $100 storewide coupon as well as the 10% off wishlist coupon applied, and while these are not clearance items per se I do plan for the possibility of resistance given they are such a "hot item".

grabbed a couple of those pstv bundles for 30. There was four there. I've been needing a new ps3 controller, can really care less about the tv thingy but might play with it. 

and on anther note, what ever happened to the nuka cola from jones soda? I thought they were gonna keep restocking it after they saw the initial demand. Did it ever come back after launch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone in here have a Vita nearby for $100 or $60? I tried to wait it out but the one store within 100 miles that had it sold out at $140. I would be glad to compensate anyone for their troubles at those prices. I even have bestbuy and Gamestop credit if anyone would prefer that.

Any tips to make it easier for them to help you out or does it just really depend on the representative?
Really depends on the rep, however the "I'd like to change payment type" excuse seems to be the best method still. You tell the employee you need to change from the original credit card or payment type you used to make the initial payment because the card is at its limit, need the cash, want to pay with cash/redcard/othercard, blah blah blah.

Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up a ps tv bundle and I'll be trading the DS3 to GS with the pokemon preorder bonus to make the device super cheap.

dcpi: 207-19-0401

Does anyone in here have a Vita nearby for $100 or $60? I tried to wait it out but the one store within 100 miles that had it sold out at $140. I would be glad to compensate anyone for their troubles at those prices. I even have bestbuy and Gamestop credit if anyone would prefer that.
Sent you a pm.

Also does anyone know how I can obtain the 10% wishlist coupon?

Really depends on the rep, however the "I'd like to change payment type" excuse seems to be the best method still. You tell the employee you need to change from the original credit card or payment type you used to make the initial payment because the card is at its limit, need the cash, want to pay with cash/redcard/othercard, blah blah blah.
This worked for me.
I was waiting out the price drop checking brickseek everyday, but someone started snatching them all up (I'm assuming one person since multiple stores all sold out within a day after two weeks of none selling). I went straight out and grabbed the last one in town for $140 on Monday morning. I saw on here that prices started dropping to $60 and others had success with return/rebuy. I was out looking for a Target exclusive toy for my son anyway, so I checked the price at each store by punching in the DCPI one of the price scanners. Second Target I stopped at had dropped the price to $60. Went back out to my car grabbed the Vita and receipt. Told guest services I used the wrong credit card and needed to change it. They said they can only do that same day, so I'd have to return/rebuy to fix it. I just played dumb and acted surprised when it rang up for $80 less.

I feel like I did on Tuesday night all over again.  My reality is shattered.  PSTV bundles I was watching were still listed at $70 on brickseek on Thursday, so protocol said no drop this week.  I check this thread tonight, then brickseek and all stores around me say $30 for the bundle and stock is gone.  Change of price after Thursday AND pricing crew gunned the items?!  I think I need to turn in my Red Card.

My question to the pros is can you say you want to change payment method and then just use the same payment method when it comes time to pay?

I feel like I did on Tuesday night all over again. My reality is shattered. PSTV bundles I was watching were still listed at $70 on brickseek on Thursday, so protocol said no drop this week. I check this thread tonight, then brickseek and all stores around me say $30 for the bundle and stock is gone. Change of price after Thursday AND pricing crew gunned the items?! I think I need to turn in my Red Card.
Thanks for the heads up, Brickseek stated the price had dropped, as did the Target app, but when I went to check out the last remaining bundle at the store it was $49.99. Had to pull the trigger and price match tomorrow as it was less than 5 minutes to close.

is the PSTV bundle worth picking up? I already have 1 tv...is 30 bucks worth it?
The DS3 in it is worth more than the $30 alone
Vita memory cards are getting scarcer to find, and the 8 GB is ... a start.

Then there is the PS TV itself. If you want to go the Henkaku route on one and up-to-date PSN on the other, here's an easy way to do it.

The pstv bundle is still $100 at my town. -.-
Why does everybody want one all of a sudden? It didn't seem to get that much attention when they were $30 at Walmart and easier to find. I have one I bought when it was on sale short after release and then have bundle.

Why does everybody want one all of a sudden? It didn't seem to get that much attention when they were $30 at Walmart and easier to find. I have one I bought when it was on sale short after release and then have bundle.
Wasn't able to get one at my Walmart.

Anyone that ordered the Madden Xbox One pick theirs up yet? If so did the price adjust to the instore clearance price? MI need got to the store today but it's the target by my work so I won't be able to pick it up until monday
Just picked mine up, was charged full price. It goes back tonight. Maybe tomorrow it will be on the shelf at a cheaper price?

My question to the pros is can you say you want to change payment method and then just use the same payment method when it comes time to pay?
I've done that, when I used to "price lock" in a certain discount % off with the redcard. For return/rebuy I would tell them that I ran up the bill too much/it was at its credit limit/want it on the next billing statement etc., then proceeded to just use it again when I was "surprised" by the now lower price when they returned and re-rang it. Once they re-scan it I just swiped the card or now with the chip reader insert it.

For those who got the PSTV bundle, are the items sliding around inside?  The box is a bit rough but the tape seal looks OK.  There weren't any other so I couldn't compare.

Ok so they have 4 around me still at 100.00 but all the other stores around have it at 30.00

Can i buy it at the 100 one and return and rebuy at a cheaper price at the other target?

bread's done
Back