Target Clearance Thread XXII

PS4 Marvel Pinball Vol 1 $8.98

XB1 and 360 MGS: The Phantom Pain $5.98

But I think MGS for XB1 was mislabeled with the 360 sticker since it rang up for $8.98

XB1 Rainbow Six Console $174.98
Yeah, the XB1 version of Phantom Pain is supposed to be $8.98 at 70% off.

I also found a couple of Phantom Pains XB1 that were mismarked at $5.98. Brickseek shows that Target as having 0 in stock. It scanned at $8.98 but the cashier adjusted the price with no problem. Also, picked up Dishonored at $5.98. I passed on Toy Soldiers since I bought it from amazon at $9.79 about 3 weeks ago.

Getting Phantom Pain for $3 less almost erases the sting from paying $3.90 extra for Toy soldiers... not really. Lol

I've got a noob question but how do you go about getting price adjustments for games you already bought? Do you have to bring the games with you or just the receipt and does the games have to be in stock? I didn't plan on trying this but I'm headed to a Target tomorrow so I thought why not.

I've got a noob question but how do you go about getting price adjustments for games you already bought? Do you have to bring the games with you or just the receipt and does the games have to be in stock? I didn't plan on trying this but I'm headed to a Target tomorrow so I thought why not.
I would just bring the receipt with you and say something like, "I see that this game is on sale, can I get a price adjustment?" More than likely you won't have any issues.

3bb539a7c9f3fccd5c5551acf757225e.jpg

The Marvel Pinball was $8.98, but it wasn't marked as clearance. It was locked in a case & dude didn't seem to pleased when I asked him to scan the price for me since it clearly said $29.99 below it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if this has been mentioned or whether or not it's actually on clearance, but I noticed the tag for the urban camo DS4 was priced at 50.99. Checked the dpci and the price was showing up at all locations near me.

DPCI is 207-00-0735

3bb539a7c9f3fccd5c5551acf757225e.jpg

The Marvel Pinball was $8.98, but it wasn't marked as clearance. It was locked in a case & dude didn't seem to pleased when I asked him to scan the price for me since it clearly said $29.99 below it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're never happy when you take them away from just standing at their register cuz now they have to actually work for their pay.

I asked them to verify the price on item. They said to bring it to the register and I told them it was in the case. The girl followed me and said the price is on the shelf. I told her no it's not. She proceeded to read all the tags on the shelf and finally took the X1 Rainbow Siege console out and took it to the register. When it rang up they all asked each other if that was the right price. I told them it was clearance.

They're never happy when you take them away from just standing at their register cuz now they have to actually work for their pay.

I asked them to verify the price on item. They said to bring it to the register and I told them it was in the case. The girl followed me and said the price is on the shelf. I told her no it's not. She proceeded to read all the tags on the shelf and finally took the X1 Rainbow Siege console out and took it to the register. When it rang up they all asked each other if that was the right price. I told them it was clearance.
If I had the balls, I would make a Target business card and hand it to the cashier after the transaction and say I was from corporate and that she failed to act properly as an associate. The next time it happened she wouldn't have to worry about showing up to her next shift. Lol.

Anymore, I just tell the worker that my friend picked up the same system/game the other day and they said it rang up as clearance. If it doesn't ring up as clearance, I just say that my buddy must have been talking about store x that is close by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also think Brickseek has been off lately, went to two targets that showed a combined 4 copies of Rory for the PS4 (207-34-0119) and 0 copies of Plants vs Zombies 2 for the PS4 (207-34-1265), walked away with only 2 copies of Rory but 6 copies of Plants Vs Zombies 2. Also got a couple other games that were slightly off from Brickseek but nothing like 6 copies off.

Also a Target about 1/2 hour away is showing 2 NES Classics (207-29-0180) in stock, so I tried calling and just giving the DPCI number to check if the item was in stock without mentioning the item or brickseek and he said "yeah even though Brickseek says we have 2 we don't have any, been getting calls all week about it"

Still Brickseek is pretty useful, I just wouldn't use it to justify a long trip solely based on it though 

Just sucks seeing there hasnt really been anything other than multiplatform released on it since Halo Wars 2
That's just not true.

True, it's the latest big budget first party exclusive for the console this year, but there are other things from smaller studios to consider as well.

So got shot down on the X1 bundle for $104.98 seeing it was a long shot anyways with having one on hand 0 for sale and limited quantity...  so the next best thing is another store with them for $174.98...    This is the 1TB  3 game bundle one (RR,GU,Ori)

Thinking that just may be too high

$105 would have been easily worth it for a new system. With Microsoft's new approach that their system will be genless, you would basically have a $105 system that would probably last at least another four years at worst (assuming Scorpio fails, and MS changes their mind and makes the XBox Two). The Scorpio is going to improve performance of games and go 4k, but all the old games are still supposed to work. Hell, most developers are going to just target the X1/PS4 specs as baseline anyways. So insane deal.

$105 would have been easily worth it for a new system. With Microsoft's new approach that their system will be genless, you would basically have a $105 system that would probably last at least another four years at worst (assuming Scorpio fails, and MS changes their mind and makes the XBox Two). The Scorpio is going to improve performance of games and go 4k, but all the old games are still supposed to work. Hell, most developers are going to just target the X1/PS4 specs as baseline anyways. So insane deal.
So $174.98 not so good deal?

Just picked up 2 rory mcilory pga tour, PVZ2, Farming Sim 15 all Ps4 for 11.98 each and 2 MGS-TPP Ps3 for 5.98. Not so bad.

$104.98 1TB XB1 bundle (Gears,ORI,RR,) even worth it at this point?
Definitely worth it if you don't already have a XB1. I'm late to the current gen and only got a PS4 slim this past Black Friday 2016...still at $105 I had to grab the XB1. Gears of War, Dead Rising, Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon and Halo to me were worth it to give the system a try at this price...and its base value trade-in at GS is $165 if you don't like it.

Went back for THPS 5 (PS4) for $11.98. Also picked up Life is Strange for $5.98 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 for $8.98 (both PS4).

I need to stay away from Target for a while. Lol

Went back for THPS 5 (PS4) for $11.98. Also picked up Life is Strange for $5.98 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 for $8.98 (both PS4).

I need to stay away from Target for a while. Lol
Me too. Just found a bag full of $8 games that I bought at Target last Black Friday...and I've bought several more there since.

$105 to go current gen is a solid deal. That said, as one who has a PS4 and is very-very happy with it, I still don't see much reason to pick up an Xbox. There just isn't much compelling, exclusive software on the system -- at least not ones for me.

I was a 360-PS3 owner last gen. Still love my 360 - easily one of the greatest consoles made with a deep library of exclusives, and a wonderfully intuitive interface. The ability to copy the games and run them off the harddrive remains the 360's big leg-up vs. the PS3.

For $105, I'd rather just pick up Horizon Zero Dawn and Nier Automata ...

I do hope MS comes out swinging at E3 with Scorpio. I'm not sure though if just stronger numbers are going to be enough to move the needle much. Unless MS brings exclusives to Scorpio, which the company has suggested it won't since everything is Xbox and PC, what exactly is going to help the penetration numbers rise for MS to come even close to the PS4 userbase?

Only way for MS now is just start cutting big checks to CD Project Red for Cyberpunk and Rockstar for GTA6. Otherwise -- it may be a tough road ahead for them ...

Agree with most of that.  I just don't see how Scorpio is going to gain any traction.   People are still going nuts for all the recent PS4 exclusives.  People are excited about games that came out two and three months ago because they haven't gotten to them yet.  The Switch is really exciting too. 

Unless some MS games get announced for this year, who is going to buy the Scorpio outside of a few Microsoft enthusiasts?  Hardly anyone. 

I agree that Microsoft needs to step up on the exclusives. I had been a die hard Xbox gamer since the og Xbox. I recently picked up my first Sony console (since ps1) this past Hanukkah and I haven't touched my Xbox one since. The PS4 exclusives blew my mind. Last of us, the order, until dawn, uncharted remastered and uncharted 4. I haven't even touched horizon yet. I don't see any reason why I would power that Xbox on anytime soon

I have a very strong feeling scalebounds cancelation is fake. It'll pop up as a scorpio title cause the game didn't seem like it would work well with the og xbox or one s. If anything it'd make the xbox look bad cause maybe the game required more hardware than what the og xbox one currently has in it.

Then MS will throw money at Japanese publishers to get jrpgs on the XBOX that were on the ps4 first and actually try and get western publishers like EA to develop games for the Scorpio first like how everything was developed for the 360 first then ps3. That way it'll really show off the graphics an capability of scorpio compared to the ps4 pro and make a shift in which console games will be developed on first.

(IMO)

I have a very strong feeling scalebounds cancelation is fake. It'll pop up as a scorpio title cause the game didn't seem like it would work well with the og xbox or one s. If anything it'd make the xbox look bad cause maybe the game required more hardware than what the og xbox one currently has in it.

Then MS will throw money at Japanese publishers to get jrpgs on the XBOX that were on the ps4 first and actually try and get western publishers like EA to develop games for the Scorpio first like how everything was developed for the 360 first then ps3. That way it'll really show off the graphics an capability of scorpio compared to the ps4 pro and make a shift in which console games will be developed on first.

(IMO)
Yeah, no.

(IMO)
Not sure what you smoked before you wrote this post but I want some of it.

You guys can say MS has no exclusives yada yada.

But I was saying the X1 was worth $100ish. I mean, with backwards compatibility and a few games that are exclusive and/or exclusive to a decent high end PC, I think It's worth $100ish.

If a current gen console isn't even worth $100 to you right now, then obviously don't buy it.

josekortez said:
Some bastard bought up all the copies of Rise of Tomb Raider for 360 at my local Target! Was it one of you?
I don't see this being worth much anywhere. Are you looking for a copy for you?

Lego jurassic world ps4 is 5.98-9.98 depending on the target store. Dpci: 207-34-1517

I had to help out family today and so naturally the Halo 5 Xbox One S bundle finally dropped down to $150 and according to Brickseek somebody scooped it up. ;_;

bread's done
Back