Target Clearance Thread XXII

Wait wait wait...one random dude on this site was the reason BestBuy stopped pennyguides? And he did so by writing a letter to BB corporate, do I have this right?

Wait wait wait...one random dude on this site was the reason BestBuy stopped pennyguides? And he did so by writing a letter to BB corporate, do I have this right?
Yep. I've posted the story so many times that I should just have it stickied.

He used to be in charge of the penny guide thread. One day, he was denied, and basically said if he can't get it, no one can. Called up Prima or someone, telling them that stores are selling guides for a penny, when they were supposed to be destroyed. A week or two later, penny guides dried up.

Around the same time, he got banned for publicly accusing CheapyD of something illegal or immoral that he wasn't even around for. And he immediately got banned from CAG. Since then, he's been badmouthing CAG on Reddit and SD and autofellating.

He was also banned from a Gamestop for some reason. He later revealed himself on Reddit (while playing victim) about how he assaulted a Gamestop employee, and posted the response from Gamestop saying he's banned at all Gamestops. That one was a doozy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. I've posted the story so many times that I should just have it stickied.

He used to be in charge of the penny guide thread. One day, he was denied, and basically said if he can't get it, no one can. Called up Prima or someone, telling them that stores are selling guides for a penny, when they were supposed to be destroyed. A week or two later, penny guides dried up.

Around the same time, he got banned for publicly accusing CheapyD of something illegal or immoral that he wasn't even around for. And he immediately got banned from CAG. Since then, he's been badmouthing CAG on Reddit and SD and autofellating.

He was also banned from a Gamestop for some reason. He later revealed himself on Reddit (while playing victim) about how he assaulted a Gamestop employee, and posted the response from Gamestop saying he's banned at all Gamestops. That one was a doozy.
It was years ago, and my memory isn't great, but I seem to remember the big controversy around here having to do with someone scanning and posting a print ad prior to the sale or something to that effect, and one of the major retailers threatened Cheapy with a lawsuit or something...does that ring a bell and did this guy have something to do with that, or am I thinking of a totally unrelated event?

It was years ago, and my memory isn't great, but I seem to remember the big controversy around here having to do with someone scanning and posting a print ad prior to the sale or something to that effect, and one of the major retailers threatened Cheapy with a lawsuit or something...does that ring a bell and did this guy have something to do with that, or am I thinking of a totally unrelated event?
That was years before this event. You're thinking of Speedy and Circuit City.

I believe you are confusing Cheapest (asshole #1) with ChrisChan (asshole #2)

Cheapest got banned from GS for trying to go to a DM to get penny guides. DM said "no thanks" and banned him from even stepping foot in the stores.

ChrisChan assaulted a GS employee in Virginia and got sent a letter in the mail trespassing him.

I believe you are confusing Cheapest (asshole #1) with ChrisChan (asshole #2)

Cheapest got banned from GS for trying to go to a DM to get penny guides. DM said "no thanks" and banned him from even stepping foot in the stores.

ChrisChan assaulted a GS employee in Virginia and got sent a letter in the mail trespassing him.
LMAO... wow. I'd love to see video of that assault

Then there was the dude that made creepy sexual pictures with dolls or some shit...
They weren't explicit. And that was Chuplayer. Banned by ban happy Gwen because he wouldn't spoiler his images that you had to go to his blog to see in the first place. Same person banned whoever wouldn't remove that Gamestop case with the cockroaches.

Pretty much when there's mass bans, you know she's around.

P.S. Nice knowing y'all.

LMAO... wow. I'd love to see video of that assault
I remember this now...he was pissed off about something to do with one of the Sonic the Hedgehog games being crappy. Why he took his frustrations out on a Gamestop employee, I have no idea. The video isn't very entertaining, but here you go. Basically just pepper sprays a dude for no reason and walks out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJkjjpFM97w

By the way, Target has gone full retard again.  They changed the POS system again so that it requires a supervisor override if they type in your birthdate for an M rated game.

Brickseeker finally said TT Batman was discounted to $5.98 but had 0 in stock/sale.. drove by anyway and managed to find a single XB1 copy. Yay!

They had a whole bunch of other games in the clearance section including Destiny Collection and R6 Siege, but I didn't scan them to find out how much they were..

I see that we had a shared document in this thread briefly but I missed it, could anyone copy/paste that list in the thread so I know what to look for?

Brickseeker finally said TT Batman was discounted to $5.98 but had 0 in stock/sale.. drove by anyway and managed to find a single XB1 copy. Yay!

They had a whole bunch of other games in the clearance section including Destiny Collection and R6 Siege, but I didn't scan them to find out how much they were..

I see that we had a shared document in this thread briefly but I missed it, could anyone copy/paste that list in the thread so I know what to look for?
search for deadtrees' posts in this thread, there's a list or two by him/her

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it's been on clearance for a while, but I grabbed Divinity Original Sin for $8.98 on xbone today. 207-32-9034

And not Chinese? I guess the name could be chosen. And Chris could be either.
I did a little digging. Real name is Christian Chandler (thus the "Chris Chan"). Apparently the female garb was a result of him originally making prejudicial statements against the LGTB community, being ridiculed for it, then deciding he identified more with women because men were rude and ugly. This, of course, just led to him being trolled even harder.

I did a little digging. Real name is Christian Chandler (thus the "Chris Chan"). Apparently the female garb was a result of him originally making prejudicial statements against the LGTB community, being ridiculed for it, then deciding he identified more with women because men were rude and ugly. This, of course, just led to him being trolled even harder.
Dafuq???

Anyone in store check the Forza Horizon 3 Xbox one S bundle? Is N/A on brickseek and says out of stock at all stores... even on the site it says ship to store ????

I haven't seen a forza bundle in the flesh at all in the last few weeks i have been randomly checking targets for the GOW4 clearanced bundle among other things.  Only halo wars, minecraft, battlefield...  Would have loved the forza bundle instead.

didn't know that, thanks, just completely deleted it. as setting it to private just makes people request access. im sure at least one person took a copy or backup though
He has linked my spreadsheets to reddit a few times and contacted Best Buy and Gamestop corporate about me in the recent past. I feel your pain, It took me down for a few days here and there and I had to re-link it multiple times because of him.

Gad, what a dick. Y'all said he had an alt here? Do you know for sure it's him?

And in Target Clearance news: it seems some of the $5.98 games from last week were salvaged yesterday at my local Target.

I haven't seen a forza bundle in the flesh at all in the last few weeks i have been randomly checking targets for the GOW4 clearanced bundle among other things. Only halo wars, minecraft, battlefield... Would have loved the forza bundle instead.
Oddly enough the Halo Wars bundle is also listed as N/A for a price on Brickseek

He has linked my spreadsheets to reddit a few times and contacted Best Buy and Gamestop corporate about me in the recent past. I feel your pain, It took me down for a few days here and there and I had to re-link it multiple times because of him.
taking it as far to even contacting corporate, smh

At my local Target tonight, there was a buttload of Funko stuff on clearance if anyone is into that. I also saw lots of comic book and sci-fi novelty stuff on clearance next to the books and magazines section.

At my local Target tonight, there was a buttload of Funko stuff on clearance if anyone is into that. I also saw lots of comic book and sci-fi novelty stuff on clearance next to the books and magazines section.
I've been waiting for that Boba Fett plastic tumbler glass to hit clearance for many months!

If I were to release my list (don't since they've mainly for reselling), I'd ask people to PM me and members here who aren't lurkers would be the only ones with access.

idk, I might do that for the games I've seen but am not trying to resell for Target Clearance if iHero wants to collab on that.

If anyone is looking for a deal on a Bluetooth Wireless Speaker, Target has a few on clearance, including quite a few Braven Balance speakers in various colors (still at 30% in my area).  The one that I picked up was the Soundfreaq Sound Kick, which is going for as low as 50% off ($49.99)  

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=008-03-1026

Target also has a Cartwheel Discount of 10% on clearance Bluetooth Speakers just in case something catches your eye.   

If I were to release my list (don't since they've mainly for reselling), I'd ask people to PM me and members here who aren't lurkers would be the only ones with access.

idk, I might do that for the games I've seen but am not trying to resell for Target Clearance if iHero wants to collab on that.
sure thing! I actually created a backup of my original spreadsheet before i deleted it so still have all the recent info :)

idk, I might do that for the games I've seen but am not trying to resell for Target Clearance if iHero wants to collab on that.
That sounds like a fair way to do things. I'd hate to see the flooded inbox that you'd get for PM's during a crazy Trade-In Weekend like this past one with the Gamestop 60% ordeal though. Almost requires everyone that will get access to it have it ahead of time for those scenario's. Maybe have a cut off time period for new members or something?

If anyone is looking for a deal on a Bluetooth Wireless Speaker, Target has a few on clearance, including quite a few Braven Balance speakers in various colors (still at 30% in my area). The one that I picked up was the Soundfreaq Sound Kick, which is going for as low as 50% off ($49.99)

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=008-03-1026

Target also has a Cartwheel Discount of 10% on clearance Bluetooth Speakers just in case something catches your eye.
Braven Balance has been on clearance for over a year I think, maybe longer. Surprised any are still left but I got one a while ago and really like it.

Mine is blue and I believe I paid 49.99 for it.

Close. Cheapest got banned from GS for flipping massive amounts of HDMI cables. Hunting for pennied guides may have gotten him on their radar, but it was the cables that nailed the coffin.

Thanks to this thread I have watched the majority of the Chris Chan 1hr9m documentary on youtube over the course of the day. 

my goodness.

I've been waiting for that Boba Fett plastic tumbler glass to hit clearance for many months!
I saw all of the Justice League and Batman vs Superman mini statues clearanced. There were Game of Thrones and Star Trek action figures too. Very small ones with limited articulation. Nothing Star Wars that I saw. Star Wars stuff seems to sell consistently regardless of what it is.

I also just scanned through a bunch of the chris chan documentary.  Apparently, he's autistic.  You have to feel sorry and can't really blame him for everything.  It seems like he had older passive parents, and he just lacked a good social and family network to keep him on a good path.  He needed better guidance and support for the problems he faced growing up, so he never did, at least not in a good way it seems.  If all true, it's sad.

sure thing! I actually created a backup of my original spreadsheet before i deleted it so still have all the recent info :)
Yeah if you don't mind.

Funny, all I said is I "might" do this and the amount of lurkers that have message me already for it. Hilarious. I'll only share it with people I know are frequent here. It will be copy protected and only be accessible to select users. I think that's more than fair since all the information on it can be found here if you use that weird search bar on every single CAG page.

Thanks to this thread I have watched the majority of the Chris Chan 1hr9m documentary on youtube over the course of the day.

my goodness.
Just watched it and I feel sorry for him (a little) but not so much since the guy is a racist, homophobic (one of those self hating ones), pedophile. His comics clearly show this too. Stop at this image from the doc. "No darkies". Really, Chris. I don't care what disorder he has, no excuse for that.

Still the bullying should not have happened. Those 4Chan people sure know how to go too far.

While on a trip on LA, found two clearance Xbox Ones in a San Dimas Target I had randomly visited because I have a problem and it's cure is clearance bins. Found two Xbox Ones on clearance that weren't even in their system in a Go-Pro case in the middle of the store of all things for $224.98. Originally didn't bite but after a certain craigslist ad I saw, I drove all the way back and nabbed both and traded the 500GB to a man who clearly didn't knew what he had, The ordeal itself is an interesting tale for another day (unless anyone really wants to hear it). Kept the Halo one for myself since hey, when am I ever gonna see this thing this cheap again? I'm just more pleased that both have a nice home now. 

:xb1: 207-31-0002 500Gb Xbox One + Big Brother Kinect Dead Weight Shovelware With Expired Codes Edition 

:xb1: 207-31-0008 1TB Xbox One Hola  5: I'm Still Convinced This Series Died When Bungie Left and This is Some Sort of Weird Fever Dream Edition

eB2pjyD.jpg

P.S. The limited edition game that comes with the Halo Xbox doesn't come with a disc and I missed the exchange from two years ago, this makes me slightly mad.

bread's done
Back