Target Clearance Thread XXII

Does anyone know how target handles the combo/prorated discount if you order say 2 items that have an additional discount when purchased together for store pickup at 2 separate locations, and only pick up one of the items? Does it matter if you cancel the second item or just don't pick it up?

Do you still get the combo discount off the one item picked up albeit prorated, like with a return of 1 of the 2 items?

not sure if I should hold out for Deus Ex MD to release a complete edition..... 70% off Deus Ex ($7-$8) soon gonna be very tempting

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how target handles the combo/prorated discount if you order say 2 items that have an additional discount when purchased together for store pickup at 2 separate locations, and only pick up one of the items? Does it matter if you cancel the second item or just don't pick it up?

Do you still get the combo discount off the one item picked up albeit prorated, like with a return of 1 of the 2 items?
Yeah it would still be prorated - at least for all those buy 2 get 1 free videogame sales Target has it is.

If I remember correctly on bunlded items, the receipt would have a special line by each component of the bundle that says something like "return value for this item is $xx.xx". But I'm not sure how you would figure it out beforehand unless the same amount applies to each part (in buy 2 get 1 free videogames, the discount is the price of the cheapest of the 3 games divided by 2 and then applied to the 2 expensive games).

I just realized that doesn't answer your question LOL

You can always just pick up the 1 thing and then if they attempt to charge you more when the other item is cancelled, call up customer service and say you didn't cancel the item but the store did, so it's not your fault. You're not technically lying either I don't think because it really is the store cancelling it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it would still be prorated - at least for all those buy 2 get 1 free videogame sales Target has it is.

If I remember correctly on bunlded items, the receipt would have a special line by each component of the bundle that says something like "return value for this item is $xx.xx". But I'm not sure how you would figure it out beforehand unless the same amount applies to each part (in buy 2 get 1 free videogames, the discount is the price of the cheapest of the 3 games divided by 2 and then applied to the 2 expensive games).

I just realized that doesn't answer your question LOL

You can always just pick up the 1 thing and then if they attempt to charge you more when the other item is cancelled, call up customer service and say you didn't cancel the item but the store did, so it's not your fault. You're not technically lying either I don't think because it really is the store cancelling it.
Thanks Jeff, you are indeed correct. I did a couple of store pickup orders of the Lego Batman sets that qualify for the additional 15% off with purchase of any version of the Lego Batman movie, with the movies set to be picked up at a different store. Once I picked up the sets, I was charged their prorated portion of the additional discount and that stuck when I cancelled the pickup of the movies.

Not the greatest discounts, but it works out to around ~33% off MSRP on some of the sets; use this with the DVD version of the movie to maximize the discount as it is the cheapest ($17.99) and hence results in the lowest portion of the total (unless you want to keep say a copy of the $24.99 Target Exclusive version). It only works online/though the app for ship to home or store pickup orders and only on one qualifying set per order. A lot of sets that should be part of the deal are not, particularly the newer Lego Batman movie sets along with the older Scuttler and Clayface.

Most stores have MUCH higher in-store prices than the target.com online sale prices, and the additional 15% off combo discount doesn't seem to ring up automatically at all in store which means you would have to get a price match to target.com AND THEN a manual 15% discount on top of that at CSR...good luck with that one.

Best discounts (relative to MSRP) are on the following sets:

BvS Kryptonite Theft Batmobile which is on sale for $19.39 before the additional 15% off

Batcave Break-In $74.99 before additional 15% off

Killer Croc $50.99 before additional 15% off

Batmobile $45.49 before additional 15% off

Joker Lowrider, Joker Balloon Escape, Riddler, Freeze, and Catwoman which are all 20% off MSRP before the additional 15% off

A couple of the Mighty Micros (Batman vs. Killer Moth, Superman vs. Bizarro) which are also 20% off MSRP before additional 15% off

Penguin, which isn't on sale.

In related Lego toy news, I saw a sign last night at Target that said that all other Lego toys were 10% off this week. I tested it on a few non-superhero Lego products with the scanner, and it worked. Didn't buy anything though.

In related Lego toy news, I saw a sign last night at Target that said that all other Lego toys were 10% off this week. I tested it on a few non-superhero Lego products with the scanner, and it worked. Didn't buy anything though.
Minecraft included? Usually the store here excludes MC sets :(

I saw Driveclub VR for $19.98 and Deus Ex for $14.98 at my local Target
I finally found a Target that had this in-stock. 1 of 3 that showed stock at both BS and Target's inventory had it. Inventory accuracy at Target is getting to be about as bad as Wal-mart. There is currently a 25% off Cartwheel, so got it for $15 plus used a $5 Target gift card redeemed through Bing Rewards to make it $10. I'm kind of curious if some of these may have mistaken got mixed in with the non-VR copies when they went on clearance.

I can confirm that both Deus Ex and RockSmith 2014 are on clearance for 50% off at the Burbank, CA store. I picked up a copy of both for $14.98 and $29.98, respectively, on Saturday. They still had two copies of each left, as well. Also, I checked BrickSeek this morning on a whim to see if any Targets near me had the CoD MW3 game in stock. Apparently, one not too far from my grandma's house has 125 copies and one close to my job has 222 copies. Oh, and they're $8.98 according to BrickSeek.

Ended up picking up a copy of CoD: MW3 for $9. They didn't have much else in the clearance endcaps, but I did find a few AppleCare boxes that were half off (marked as Repackage, $49.01 instead of normal $99.99). It looked like they had at least three of them, but I couldn't tell if they were machine- or device-specific because the stupid plastic boxes they housed them in were super opaque and nearly impossible to see through. Wonder if they'd be worth getting, even if they're only for newly-purchased iPads or iPhones, seeing as how Apple has their new pricing structure for accidental damage including on their actual computers.

Bought Driveclub VR last night for $19.98. I really wanted to wait until the next price reduction but there were only 2 copies in a very sad and barren looking clearance endcap and quite honestly I didn't think they would still be around by the next price cut. Besides Driveclub, the only games on the endcap were like 20 XB360 copies of COD Ghosts, 5 or 6 of those Rocksmith "teach you how to play" packs for PS4, and a few of those boxed NFL fitness academy games that come with the workout accessories for the Wii. Pretty pitiful. 

anyone see a mouse in clearance lately? i remember a while ago they had some Logitech gaming mice but i'm not sure if its still around now.. my mouse stopped working and now i need a new one preferably bluetooth - thanks! :D
Not sure if you already have your issue fixed by now, but that mouse is available at many retailers for what Target has it clearanced to currently. Walmart has some pretty killer clearance deals on mice going on right now, I found a Razer Abyssus at my local store for less than ten bucks.

Was able to get a Keurig K425 price matched from Target app with an additional 10% off. Supposed to be $140 with 10% off in-store pickup. However in-store pick up wasn't working even though it said it was an available offer. The price in cart lowered to $109, so she price matched the $109 then took off 10%.

Nothing good in clearance section though

Not sure if you already have your issue fixed by now, but that mouse is available at many retailers for what Target has it clearanced to currently. Walmart has some pretty killer clearance deals on mice going on right now, I found a Razer Abyssus at my local store for less than ten bucks.
Was wondering if i can get the DPCI or names of the mices you've seen on clearence. Thanks!

stopped by a Target to pick up a copy of Deus Ex, also witnessed an employee dropped a TV (still in box) while moving from the backroom to the shelf. They didn't open it up or report to higher authority, but rather finish stacking on the shelf.

stopped by a Target to pick up a copy of Deus Ex, also witnessed an employee dropped a TV (still in box) while moving from the backroom to the shelf. They didn't open it up or report to higher authority, but rather finish stacking on the shelf.

if you only saw them unload a truck....

I don't work for Target but a similar retailer and you should see how they are loaded or arrive on the truck. Usually it's the last pallet and if the truck isn't full to the back they are all over the place.
I worked on the loading dock for a couple months after high school. When boxes would come in and said "fragile" or "this side up" the guys would literally LOL!

I guess this is where the Garth Brooks Music Sets from Target went! lol
a3829b3597028f90364c7aaf68bd462c.jpg

also saw like at least 6 Switch at that Target, is no one wants it anymore?

I'd give it another year. Then you won't be able to give it away. I'm not saying the price will go down, just that anyone who would have wanted it would have gotten it.

What did you see?

I saw, on July 1st:

Sheriff of Nottingham 087 10 2218
Spyfall 087 10 0928
Hanabi
Scrawl
Sour Apples to Apples
Mr. Listers Quiz Shootout
Obama Llama
Suspicion

At least 4 or 5 more I don't recall names on. Many are the Target exlcusive games. I know they wanted to corner that market for a while. Maybe they've changed their minds?

Don't have DPCIs sorry. At work and don't have time to look them up.

Hanabi
Scrawl
Sour Apples to Apples
Mr. Listers Quiz Shootout
Obama Llama
Suspicion

At least 4 or 5 more I don't recall names on. Many are the Target exlcusive games. I know they wanted to corner that market for a while. Maybe they've changed their minds?

Don't have DPCIs sorry. At work and don't have time to look them up.
Thanks.

For anyone wondering, Hanabi is 087-00-0340 and I am seeing it at $2.98.

I'd give it another year. Then you won't be able to give it away. I'm not saying the price will go down, just that anyone who would have wanted it would have gotten it.
We'll see. I do agree that all the talk of big success by fanboys and some industry enthusiasts is grossly premature. Especially after E3, I don't see much that is backing up the idea the Switch is necessarily on a trajectory much different from Wii u. Of course, when Nintendo combined the home andhandheld, the number of loyalists may be higher than the 13m who bought a Wii u, but I wonder how many more there are.

It would be very interesting to know how many wii u owners have a 3ds, or how many gba/ds owners bought a wii or a gamecube.

Despite the good start, it is just as possible right now that the honeymoon period for Switch might end soon, and the media turn on it if the system winds up with just good Nintendo games and a host of old re releases.

We'll see. I do agree that all the talk of big success by fanboys and some industry enthusiasts is grossly premature. Especially after E3, I don't see much that is backing up the idea the Switch is necessarily on a trajectory much different from Wii u. Of course, when Nintendo combined the home andhandheld, the number of loyalists may be higher than the 13m who bought a Wii u, but I wonder how many more there are.

It would be very interesting to know how many wii u owners have a 3ds, or how many gba/ds owners bought a wii or a gamecube.

Despite the good start, it is just as possible right now that the honeymoon period for Switch might end soon, and the media turn on it if the system winds up with just good Nintendo games and a host of old re releases.
Then you haven't been paying very close attention to retail or industry trends, nor developer and publisher statements.

These types of posts, this format, are getting so dumb. They amount to nothing more than a thinly veiled admittance of "I haven't bought a Switch yet".

In addition to the board games I also saw a bunch of the Jakks World of Nintendo figures (the small ones normally priced $3.49) on clearance - currently 30% off.

Then you haven't been paying very close attention to retail or industry trends, nor developer and publisher statements.

These types of posts, this format, are getting so dumb. They amount to nothing more than a thinly veiled admittance of "I haven't bought a Switch yet".
I'll probably get one (or at least seriously consider it) once the DQ games hit the console. Until then there isn't anything on it that makes me want to scour for one.

But the system isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are several devs that aren't putting their games on the system because it is pretty underpowered compared to its counterparts (they other systems where these devs are releasing their games), and at some point the divide will be painfully obvious. That being said, the console will thrive on what Nintendo consoles always thrive on (high quality exclusives), but let's hope there are enough of those.

On topic - So Target can't be bothered to keep a few dozen copies of Minecraft: Adventure Mode Complete :pS4: on their shelves but they WILL keep ~20 copies of CoD:MW3 :ps3: and probably 50 copies of CoD:Ghosts :pS3: instead? At least they're cheap...

bread's done
Back