Target Clearance Thread XXII

Hit mine up just now. For the toy clearance mainly saw a lot of Nerf, Star Wars, Mega Bloks, and Mega Construx. No new Lego markdowns at either of my stores.

Somewhat of a disappointment personally. Only thing that I unexpectedly got from it was some series 17 minifigs which they seemed o take forever to put out.

I hit up the target near me at lunch and was greeted in the toy section by a soccer mom with a cart full of lego at 50% off.

She didn't leave anything on the shelf

I hit up the target near me at lunch and was greeted in the toy section by a soccer mom with a cart full of lego at 50% off.
And thank you for this! Headed back to the one closest to my house and found a Jestro's Headquarters for $26.98! Not a fan of the Nexo Knights, but not a bad price at all.

few ladies were at my target asking the price change employees to scan their whole cart, while they're trying to scan the toy department.

Last edited by a moderator:
few ladies were at my target asking the price change employees to scan their whole cart, while they're trying to scan the toy department.
Same thing at my Target. Didn't see much of note at mine, the Legos weren't marked down any lower at the time but they may have been after I left.

Same at one of my Targets. Tag-team of two female resellers had the CSR scan their cart full of stuff while they were doing their normal drops. You really have to time it right to make out well on these sales. After the employees do the markdowns but before the resellers scoop everything up.

Was successful at one Target, not so much at another. Still got great deals and a lot of christmas/birthday type gifts out of the way

Only picked up a couple of things yesterday:

087-06-0958  2.5 inch World of Nintendo figure Green Squid (generic DPCI for the line) - $1.74 (Brickseek showed $1.04 though)

212-30-1143 Hapi Sriracha Peas - $2.38

Any noteworthy sets? Haven't seen any remotely interesting or good sets on clearance at Targets this round (outside of those Frozen Elsa Ice Castles for 70% off).

Make people actually care about it. I've owned every console for the past 25 years. So far the switch is just pointless to me as well as a lot of people I know. At launch it has zero games and still doesn't have any today. Remakes and multi-platform games are not a reason to buy a new console. That's why when I see lists such as "the 10 best switch games!" I roll my eyes since technically it has no games since no physical one is exclusive.

Mario Oddysey does look good. Is it a system seller? Most likely. Yet just like the Wii U, having 1-2 Nintendo games and random third party games throughout the year will not keep it alive.
Zelda. Arms. Splatoon. MK8. Literally every month is a new, exclusive, big release.

Yeah, no games. Its been out for 4 months. It's impossible to find. Even CheapyD is posting bundles here from GameStop.

Go back and play your remastered PS2/PS3 games on your PS4.

Any noteworthy sets? Haven't seen any remotely interesting or good sets on clearance at Targets this round (outside of those Frozen Elsa Ice Castles for 70% off).
This is what I found after going through posts on a few different Lego FB pages I follow and checking brickseek:
City Volcano Exploration Base - 35.98
City Service Station - 44.98
City Deep Sea Exploration Vessel - 59.98
Technic Display Team Jet - 6.48
Nexo Knights Fortrex - 35.98
Nexo Jestro's Headquarters - 26.98
Nexo Siege Machine of Doom - 20.48
Minecraft Nether Fortress - 40.58
Spider-Man Ultimate Bridge Battle - 29.98

The Doc Ock Tentacle Trap set supposedly hit 9.xx some places too, but I never saw confirmation with a picture or anything. The Volcano Exploration Base, Service Station, and Nexo stuff seems like the most widely available of the clearance.

I wish the Spidey Bridge set would drop to this price near me. Shit's still full price everywhere and I need dat Scarlet Spider.

Zelda. Arms. Splatoon. MK8. Literally every month is a new, exclusive, big release.

Yeah, no games. Its been out for 4 months. It's impossible to find. Even CheapyD is posting bundles here from GameStop.

Zelda and MK8 were on WiiU.

Arms and Splatoon 2 are great though, I'm really enjoying the system for those alone! Snipperclips and bomberman are pretty cool too, I have no complaints with my switch so far, but calling Zelda/MK8 exclusives is a bit of a stretch.

I didn't look through the cart to closely but they were mostly lego city sets, the Lego Prison Island set stood out to me the most.

I could have sworn the price tags were 50% off but after looking at brickseek now, it looks like it only may have been the initial 30% because the prison island set is coming up at $62.98. I think that set has been on sale for less than that.

That discussion is LONG DEAD...

Let's stop before that guy who keeps referring to Nintendo as "N" and writes 10 huge paragraphs defending "N" in every post responds to these discussions. :whistle2:&
You got part of it right. He calls them "N" but he typically is very critical of their business practices, you don't usually see him defending them.

You got part of it right. He calls them "N" but he typically is very critical of their business practices, you don't usually see him defending them.
Really... I just remember his posts in the end of Wii-U thread and could've sworn he came in with walls of text defending how it wasn't a complete failure for "N". And it seems like whenever there's a post bad mouthing a Nintendo product, his posts would come out of the woodwork. I do stop reading whenever I came across another "N" so maybe I missed his main point.

Really... I just remember his posts in the end of Wii-U thread and could've sworn he came in with walls of text defending how it wasn't a complete failure for "N". And it seems like whenever there's a post bad mouthing a Nintendo product, his posts would come out of the woodwork. I do stop reading whenever I came across another "N" so maybe I missed his main point.
I think he's one of those guys that loved Nintendo growing up but got fed up with the scarcity thing so yeah, he probably has a love/hate relationship with it.

The big chain-wide toy clearance is always the last Thurday in July. There's always normal intermittent toy clearance though.
Didn't happen like usual in my region. Most stuff started clearance a few weeks early it seems. Just a few things may have been added towards the actual date, but no aisles of picked through clearance shelves like in the past.

FYI the instructions in the Target version have a misprint. It says that each player should have 3 cards, but the actual rules are that each player should have 5 cards.
It also has a file/batch name printed on the back of every card, and the foil finish of the cards has a propensity to flake off.

But, if you're getting it for $3, that can be slightly overlooked. (Not the highest quality job was done on it, though.)

Picked up a 4TB Seagate backup for $36 (056-02-0099)

Brickseek said the store had 3 when I checked during my lunch break. I grabbed the last one once I picked up my kid after work.

The WD one went out of stock before I started checking. (056-02-0069)

Brickseek said the store had 3 when I checked during my lunch break. I grabbed the last one once I picked up my kid after work.

Every store around me has these for $119.99. Will keep an eye on them to see if they go down.

Does anyone know how long you have to return a video game if you use the redcard? I thought it was 30 days + 30 days extra for using the card but I got denied by the register.

Off topic but I remember finding a sears ps2 system at target on clearance for $100 back in 2014. Thought, eh it should cost a little less.

Now I see them for $400+ new online. I was wrong! Lol.

Were these possibly merged DPCI's with old and new versions? Every store shows MSRP for both.

Does anyone know how long you have to return a video game if you use the redcard? I thought it was 30 days + 30 days extra for using the card but I got denied by the register.
Red Card extended return period does not apply to anything with fixed/printed return date on receipt, whatever date you see on the receipt is your deadline.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Randomly in a Target I don't normally go to while my wife was shopping, and I found a stack of copies of Mankind Divided for PS4, I remember hearing them being down to 8.94.  But they scanned as an error.  I asked a guy in electronics and his little scan gun came up as "Was 8.94, is now 0.00"

He gets super excited and scoops up the rest, saying he's going to flip them to GameStop for that phat profit.  And I almost felt bad when he called a supervisor over and the guy said it meant they couldn't be sold.  Guess they are taking them off the shelves.  I think they will probably end up in Goodwill marked at 15.  So I said I'd buy it for the 8.94, and they agreed.  No tax, so that was cool.

Randomly in a Target I don't normally go to while my wife was shopping, and I found a stack of copies of Mankind Divided for PS4, I remember hearing them being down to 8.94. But they scanned as an error. I asked a guy in electronics and his little scan gun came up as "Was 8.94, is now 0.00"

He gets super excited and scoops up the rest, saying he's going to flip them to GameStop for that phat profit. And I almost felt bad when he called a supervisor over and the guy said it meant they couldn't be sold. Guess they are taking them off the shelves. I think they will probably end up in Goodwill marked at 15. So I said I'd buy it for the 8.94, and they agreed. No tax, so that was cool.
i've ran into two instances where the game scanned for $0. It's getting removed from the system and no longer being sold. But both times they scanned it with the target mobile device thing and they take the last price sold and say it's that price.

blackbeard4886
Kyle1022
esalw822
Raw_Orangejuice

All were banned by thorbahn3 tonight because he didn't like what they said. Please tell CheapyD thorbahn3 mod abuse needs to stop.
So where can I find the GameStop thread? The good one. You know, the one that Blackbeard made awesome by having spreadsheets for us? WTF is going on!!!!

I FINALLY found it after posting my original comment. I never knew the CAGiversary area existed and I have been on here since 2010. Thanks for the reply.

As far as Target clearance, end caps have sucked but I have noticed a lot more of clearance stickers in the gaming racks next to newer releases. So don't forget to check there.
It's because it's new. They only added it about a month ago after deals were posted on Twitter and it affected the Gamestop trade thread. I was surprised they finally added it too!

I haven't seen any game clearance in some time in my area, but I never actually go into the main gaming aisles, so now that you're brought that up, I'll look for the clearance there! Hopefully I'll actually find something.

bread's done
Back