Target Clearance Thread XXII

I've had success finding the clearance team and asking them to check something to see if it is going to be marked down any further if the store price is higher than the brickseek price. They are usually pretty cool about it.

Good luck.
If I may ask, What exactly do you ask them or how do you approach them?

MOST APPRECIATED!
You approach them like an adult. He told you what he asks the team. .

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed.  Just take the item (or drag it, in the case of a grill) up to the price check team and ask them politely if they could please scan and confirm the current price of the item.

So I found a rare PS TV bundle pack in the wild today...problem is, it was already out of their system, so it rang up full price ($99.99) instead of the $29.99 I was hoping for.
[attachment=27904:IMG_1766.JPG]
Suggestions? I want it, but I'd obviously rather not spend $70 more than I have to.

My Target store has personally removed the clearance from the entertainment section and most of the games and cds. It's been a month or two since I have seen anything on clearance except food and health items. Even the toy clearance is suffering.

some of the target just clearance the items but dont put them in the clearance section eg. you'll find them where they normal are but they'll have a clearance stickers.. does anyone know if any switch cases have gone clearance yet ? i saw a few accessories like cartridge cases but what about those PDP cases? it's probably too early :p

So I found a rare PS TV bundle pack in the wild today...problem is, it was already out of their system, so it rang up full price ($99.99) instead of the $29.99 I was hoping for.
IMG_1766.JPG
Suggestions? I want it, but I'd obviously rather not spend $70 more than I have to.
Ask for someone at CS to scan it with the gun for the lowest price they sold it for before zeroing out. I have never had an issue getting zeroed out items for purchase at their lowest clearance price. All you need is someone with the gun to find the price.

post-206331-0-04619500-1504791238.jpg
These will also hold Vita carts.

Ask for someone at CS to scan it with the gun for the lowest price they sold it for before zeroing out. I have never had an issue getting zeroed out items for purchase at their lowest clearance price. All you need is someone with the gun to find the price.
Cool, I'll go back and definitely give this a shot. Thank you!

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/08/target-shares-tumble-following-retailers-promise-to-slash-prices.html Target is lowering prices and getting rid of sales (much like JCPenney failed to do) so this may effect clearance deals in the future. It may also effect Cartwheel, but Target hasn't made an official announcement yet. But, since Cartwheel is coupons, it's highly likely it could get phased out, along with clearance.
Difference is that Target hasn't been sued, to my knowledge, for having fake sales.

JC Penney has.

I just picked up a silver PS4 dualshock 4 controller for $30.  

The controller rings up for regular price in the store but its $39.99 on the Target app and the website.  There is also a cartwheel for 25% off PS4 controllers.   So you have to bring it to CS or someone who can do a price match to the app/website.   It's a bit YMMV because they're not supposed to combine cartwheel + price match.  But it says right on the 39.99 item page that there's 25% cartwheel too.  

Protip: just bring another item to checkout with, just in case.  I had to buy toilet paper.

Cartwheel 25% off promo ends today so hurry if you want one. 

https://www.target.com/p/dualshock-174-4-wireless-controller-silver/-/A-15841822#lnk=sametab

I've had success finding the clearance team and asking them to check something to see if it is going to be marked down any further if the store price is higher than the brickseek price. They are usually pretty cool about it.

Good luck.
You approach them like an adult. He told you what he asks the team. .

Reading comprehension is your friend.
The brother Philandro Castile and Charles Kinsey BOTH tried that...

How'd that work out for them?

Realistic life living is your friend here..

Its hard out here for a Target C.A.G.

oNe

These will also hold Vita carts.
Dammit, now I need to go out of my way to get one, seeing as my target is out.

Note: One store in my area (a bit farther out) has them marked as 2.98 on BS. Store is Notorious for having super clearance tech items (20 dollar deathadder, 20 dollar XB1 Winter Forces controller) and then theyre nowhere to be found on the shelves. For both those items I went there, and then afterward called, neither time did they have the item, and with the xbox controller the guy goes "Yeah, lots of people have came in and called. We don't have it"

The brother Philandro Castile and Charles Kinsey BOTH tried that...

How'd that work out for them?

Realistic life living is your friend here..

Its hard out here for a Target C.A.G.

oNe
lol ok so go up there and demand them to change.the price like a lunatic.

you must be very young.

lol ok so go up there and demand them to change.the price like a lunatic.

you must be very young.
well... young OLD enuff to respect my elders and know when I've been BESTED..

well played Flo25, well played!

YOU may have won this round but the war is far from over!

Rest assured YOU have made a powerful enemy my friend.....

oNe

well... young OLD enuff to respect my elders and know when I've been BESTED..

well played Flo25, well played!

YOU may have won this round but the war is far from over!

Rest assured YOU have made a powerful enemy my friend.....

oNe
Nice, this excites me.

So I didn't get a chance to go back and check for the PlayStation TV, but I did manage to snag a couple of things from the Valencia, CA store yesterday:
[attachment=27947:IMG_1769.JPG]
Final Fantasy XV Chocobo T-Shirt - $16.99 => $5.08
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-04-0103
Harley Quinn Ladies Socks 6-Pack - $8.00 => $4.00
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=025-05-2871
Hitman Season 1 Steelbook for PS4 (not pictured) - $59.99 => $24.98
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0079

Indeed. Just take the item (or drag it, in the case of a grill) up to the price check team and ask them politely if they could please scan and confirm the current price of the item.
since Flo25 refuses to assist as he wants to play this one close to heart..

one last quick question, how does one identify the "price check team"

i.e. will they have P.R.I.C.E Team on the of they shirts or...?

lets do this team!

oNe

since Flo25 refuses to assist as he wants to play this one close to heart..

one last quick question, how does one identify the "price check team"

i.e. will they have P.R.I.C.E Team on the of they shirts or...?

lets do this team!

oNe
Thank you for the weird ass posts, you being a nut has brightened my day. From the weird "one" signature to the odd lyrical sensibilities.

YMMV

The Reps in my area like to claim it's the online price (even though the website clearly shows a different price altogether).

"It's clearance" so they say they can't price match, even if its their own price lol

Picked up a Razer Firefly Mouse Pad at the Target in Exton, PA on Rt. 100.  1 left on shelf hanger.  Marked $29.9x.

So it turns out the PS TV was never clearanced down at that particular store: according to Guest Services, their price gun stated that the price remained $99.99 the entire time before it was eventually zeroed out in their system. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and just pick it up at full price (since I've been told multiple times that they cannot match clearance amounts across stores), but I'm wondering if I could have them "transfer" the item to a store "closer to home" (and also had it for the $29.98 price) and then buy it at the 2nd store for the discounted amount...has anyone here tried anything like that before?

So it turns out the PS TV was never clearanced down at that particular store: according to Guest Services, their price gun stated that the price remained $99.99 the entire time before it was eventually zeroed out in their system. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and just pick it up at full price (since I've been told multiple times that they cannot match clearance amounts across stores), but I'm wondering if I could have them "transfer" the item to a store "closer to home" (and also had it for the $29.98 price) and then buy it at the 2nd store for the discounted amount...has anyone here tried anything like that before?
Transfer a clearance item between stores? Uhh...Good luck with that.

One time, a friend of mine purchased an item at one store but realized he used the wrong card to pay when he got home. There was another store in that chain closer to his house than the one where he made the purchase, so he attempted to change the payment method at that one. Both he and the customer service agent were surprised when he ended up paying less for the item than he originally did.

Thank you for the weird ass posts, you being a nut has brightened my day. From the weird "one" signature to the odd lyrical sensibilities.
It's the old lady in the cardigan sweater with a shopping cart and a pricing gun on Mondays.
bwa haha, BUT i'm the one with the "weird" posts?

This dude talking about grandma and name dropping his high end lifestyle aka cardigan sweaters...

Whats next, gucci my niNja?

oNe

Try asking them for a discount since the value of the product has been reduced because the coupon code for the game has expired, and that the product is clearly no longer worth the full price of $99. Then ask to speak with the manager to get the sale to go through. you might be able to grab it for $50 or less if you use the price point of the game, minus the bundle.

As someone who has both a PSVita and a PSTV, I can say that if you are willing to hunt down some games there is a good list of compatible game for the device. I play my Vita only games mainly on my Vita, but almost every PSTV compatible game I have played on it instead of the handheld device. (Persona 4 Golden, Tales of Hearts R, Killzone Mercenaries, Danganronpa 2 and (currently now playing) Ys 8 are all playable on PSTV) I bought the bundle at $66 and it was totally worth it for me. (though you might want to use a DS4 controller with it)

Still debating if I should grab the KI Definitive Edition for $14...rented on GS Summer Swap and like it ok...very colorful and flamboyant.  But it pisses me off that there is STILL more content not included...I think 3 new characters have been recently released. 

You could try buying it at full price and returning it to a store that has the discounted price still in the system. Then you wait for them to put it out on the rack or ask to rebuy it then and there if you're feeling lucky. Some employees might want to help you save money, while junior detectives will rightfully be suspicious as it does hurt their store's numbers.

after a 5yr wait...

waiting..

and waiting.....

[attachment=27974:IMG_20170906_201946.jpg]

FinaLFLIPPINGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still debating if I should grab the KI Definitive Edition for $14...rented on GS Summer Swap and like it ok...very colorful and flamboyant. But it pisses me off that there is STILL more content not included...I think 3 new characters have been recently released.
https://www.ultra-combo.com/eagles-pricing-availability/

They're going to include the 3 extra characters (Kilgore, Shin Hisako, and Eagle) for DE owners once the Steam version comes out (later this year)... so go ahead and buy it now. :)

the slipcover definitely a nice touch, but too bad the Radnet code is long gone

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
the sad, oh so sad part is...

to show the DEV love, I bought this when it came out on initial release many, many, many moons ago for $59.99

RADNET edition as well and still sitting SEALED in my 100+ PS3 back catalog of physical games...

bread's done
Back