Target Clearance Thread XXII

Maybe it did, but the base price at all of my Targets is $29.99, so if it goes to 70% off, it will be $8.98.
Same at mine. $20.98 is 30% off of $29.99. Now that Best Buy has lowered it to $19.99 ($15.99 GCU) I may just gamble and wait until it hits $8.98 at Target because if I miss it there I can always just get it from BB at $15.99.

So, went to get Yooka-Laylee as brickseek said it was at my local Target for both PS4 and XB One... well, it wasn't there for either... BUT this is what I did get!  Also stopped past Goodwill and got Driveclub VR for $3 new.  Yes, 9.1% tax... that's robbery.  Also, I will be taking TWD back as it's a season pass disc which I didn't think to look for because that's still the dumbest shit conceivable.

23336522_10159455826735545_1626513401_o.jpg
23316194_10159455826730545_730369785_n.jpg

Curious other people's experience with this. Routinely my Target will have items scan at one price on their app, then ring up at a different price and then they will refuse to match that app price. Having this issue with their Roku's right now, I got the Premier + at Walmart for $50 and figured I'd just return it if it dropped lower at Target but it's still $62 there and no longer rings up on the app at all. But the Premier rings up for $35 on the app yet is still 50-ish something in the store so that's the only price they'll give.
This happened to me today. I looked at Brickseek and saw Yooka Laylee (PS4) was $14.98. I had them ring it up and it came up as $20.98. I showed them the scanned price from their app ($14.98). They price matched it (and Buy 2, Get 1 Free still worked), bought a couple $14.99 board games as gifts to get Yooka Layee for free.

Why in the world didn't you wait for 50% or 70% off? I hid two copies to ensure that when they drop to 70%, at least one will be mine. Yooka-Laylee seems like a great game, but I don't see the point in buying it for so much when it's moments from being much cheaper.
Hiding things is a dick move, IMO.

Yooka-Laylee is $15 at my store. Should I pull the trigger or wait?
I did at my local store (last copy). I saw it last week still tethered in the PS4 section, but saw it in a pile of clearance stuff today on one of the end caps. Used gift card credit to get a couple $14.99 board games and got the PS4 game for free. It wouldn't surprise me if it goes for $9.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy first, return later. Always my philosophy when in doubt
It depends.

Sometimes they complete remove the clearance product from their store system (using price scanner it will say product not found), then the price will be the clearance price tag on the package, so it will never go down anymore.

So, went to get Yooka-Laylee as brickseek said it was at my local Target for both PS4 and XB One... well, it wasn't there for either... BUT this is what I did get! Also stopped past Goodwill and got Driveclub VR for $3 new. Yes, 9.1% tax... that's robbery. Also, I will be taking TWD back as it's a season pass disc which I didn't think to look for because that's still the dumbest shit conceivable.
I bought the Eagle Flight and The Walking Dead S3 3 weeks ago at the same clearance price (along with King's Quest for $8.98, last time I played was like 30 years ago?). No B2G1 though.

What's wrong for TWD as "Season Pass Disc"? I haven't opened it yet, but from unboxing video, it's not using DLC code, you just need to download the other 4 episodes. Can still lend, trade or sell the disc later, right?

Just saw two of the SNES Classic and was wondering if Target will have a BF deal for it? I was thinking of buying one now and doing a return for a different payment method. Oh check your Target as yours might have more stock than the one in my area. 

Just saw two of the SNES Classic and was wondering if Target will have a BF deal for it? I was thinking of buying one now and doing a return for a different payment method. Oh check your Target as yours might have more stock than the one in my area.
LOL. Target will not be doing any discounts. These things don't even last a day on the shelf...and they don't get enough stock to do anything.

Switch and SNES/NES Classics at best will have the 5% target red card discount or maybe a general $x off of $y coupon for the season. Way too early for discounts.

Switch and SNES/NES Classics at best will have the 5% target red card discount or maybe a general $x off of $y coupon for the season. Way too early for discounts.
I agree - none of the early BF ad leaks have shown anything noteworthy for Switch consoles OR games.

Expecting this, I just picked up a Switch last week and was able to get it for a good price. My redcard anniversary came with a 10% of ALL items in one purchase coupon, and did not exclude Nintendo items. Factoring in 10% off, 5% off redcard discount, and 6.5% tax, the system was about $275 out the door. Well worth it, IMO.

Has anyone else seen the Orange New 2DS XL on clearance at Target.

Saw two today for $104.xx and was tempted.

207-01-7002

Has anyone else seen the Orange New 2DS XL on clearance at Target.

Saw two today for $104.xx and was tempted.

207-01-7002
It's only $75 at one local store over here but it's about 45 minutes away. I wanna hunt it down but I don't need another 3DS.

I just want to point out that if you are a social media whore such as myself, you can find a lot of the newer Target/Walmart clearances by following Brickseek on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. This is another way of not paying for the premium version and still getting the latest info.

It's only $75 at one local store over here but it's about 45 minutes away. I wanna hunt it down but I don't need another 3DS.
1 store near me in south east Wisconsin had it listed for $75 and in stock. Of course it was no where to be found. I always have problems with employees stashing things at that store.

I just want to point out that if you are a social media whore such as myself, you can find a lot of the newer Target/Walmart clearances by following Brickseek on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. This is another way of not paying for the premium version and still getting the latest info.
Do they post all of the deals on each of those, or do you have to follow on twitter, facebook, AND instagram to get all the deals?

Do they post all of the deals on each of those, or do you have to follow on twitter, facebook, AND instagram to get all the deals?
they only share good deals after premium members got their dibs first. Their FB group prohibited premium members from sharing deals posted on their exclusive forum. Good TV and other electronics deals not gonna show up on the public feed until stock nearly depleted.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Didn't they just get these orange/white 2DS systems in a couple months ago? They've had blue/black in since like July or something but the orange launched later...

Kind of insane that some stores are putting the NEW 2DS XL on clearance right before the Holiday shopping season....

Hoping I can score one for $75...definitely worth it at that price. I wonder if the blue and black version will clearance out soon as well.

This was the only store in my area that had them at this price, the guy literally just put them on the clearance end cap and showed me where they were when I couldn’t find them right away.

A target I went to a few months ago couldn't find the Killer Instinct: DE the tracker said it had and today I find it in the clearance section. Picked it up for $11.98.

The nearest store to me that has it for $75 is over 100 miles away and claims to be out of stock. I still have my launch day 3DS and it works perfectly. But if I was in the market for a 3DS/2DS model of console, this would probably be the one to get. Not because of the horrible pumpkin spice color scheme, but because of the price. Too bad it doesn't come with a game included, as I feel like these should have been $100 from the get go to replace the original 2DS models in stores, like the New 3DS and New 3DS XL replaced the original 3DS.

I’d been waiting for Yooka-Laylee to drop to $9 before picking it up, and a quick check of Brickseek today showed that a Target pretty close to my home (Granada Hills, CA) had both the PS4 and XB1 versions for that price, so I stopped by after work to grab a copy of each. Strangely enough, the in-store scanners were still showing the game’s as $14.98, but using the Target app on my phone it showed the same $8.98 as BS. Took the games to Guest Services and the manager was kind enough to honor the lower price, explaining it away as it most likely being a glitch in their system that hadn’t caught up to the new pricing yet. While there, I rummaged through one of the clearance end caps and picked up a strategy guide of Dragon Age: Inquisition for $3 and a 6ft aux cable for $1.50. Also grabbed a clearanced washcloth for $2 since the Threshold items were still still being cleared out at that location.
d658bed9b70f267b5e75467ccbd211b8.jpg

Yooka-Laylee for PS4 - $29.99 => $8.98
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-1645
Yooka-Laylee for Xbox One - $29.99 => $8.98
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1645
Dragon Age: Inquisition Strategy Guide - $14.99 => $2.96
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-10-1064
Gems 6ft Audio Cable - $4.99 => $1.50
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=080-08-2434
Bath Towel - $3.99 => $1.78
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=064-09-0446

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree - none of the early BF ad leaks have shown anything noteworthy for Switch consoles OR games.

Expecting this, I just picked up a Switch last week and was able to get it for a good price. My redcard anniversary came with a 10% of ALL items in one purchase coupon, and did not exclude Nintendo items. Factoring in 10% off, 5% off redcard discount, and 6.5% tax, the system was about $275 out the door. Well worth it, IMO.
I did the same exact thing last week. I figured this was the best deal I could get considering the Switch wasn’t going on sale any time soon. My only regret was that I didn’t add a pro controller. It could have brought it down to about $60.

This may be more YMMV than most clearance: Last night I picked up the limited edition Splatoon Pro Controller for the Switch for $52 on clearance. I went checking after a redditor shared that they picked up some joy-cons on clearance at 50% off at their Target, so it seems some Targets may be clearing out excess Switch accessories.

This may be more YMMV than most clearance: Last night I picked up the limited edition Splatoon Pro Controller for the Switch for $52 on clearance. I went checking after a redditor shared that they picked up some joy-cons on clearance at 50% off at their Target, so it seems some Targets may be clearing out excess Switch accessories.
Man I'm jealous. I've been looking for one of these Splatoon pro controllers for awhile. They are impossible to find.

Picked up ps4 gold headset uncharted version $70 a few stores have them on clearance around me the number is the same as the normal version now tho

So I signed up to the site just to post a deal I found, there must be a few days holding period or something because I wasn't allowed to post my first couple of days. Then I subsequently forgot to actually post what I found. Anyway, last Wednesday I found like 10 XB1 Armed Forces controller at my local Target (Berlin, CT) for $32.88. Also picked up Yooka Laylee for $8.98.

FYI for anyone who found a cheap white/orange 2ds xl recently...brickseek now has it down to an insane $44.98 at some stores. I'd try to get it adjusted if you paid more. Might attempt to buy one and return/rebuy at a clearance store but have a feeling I'd be denied.

bread's done
Back