Target Clearance Thread XXII

Did you have what you were looking for scanned? I recently went looking for a ROTR for ps4 the tag said $19.98 but it rang up as $11.98.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You mean the price scanner? If so, I did. That is exactly why I made that comment

Last edited by a moderator:
Target holiday clearance is now 70-90% off. They were changing the signage while I was shopping. I got Dragon Ball Fusion for $8.98, I guess it had just dropped, as it still had the $14.98 sticker on it. I also got the new Style Savvy game for 3DS on clearance for $14.66. Which is super weird, because the game only came out a few weeks ago. I guess Target is trying to get rid of all of it's first party 3DS games.

Brickseek said my Target had Warriors All-Stars in stock for $11.98, but the teen at the electronics counter looked it up and said they don't carry it anymore. Sigh. That kind of junk food game would be perfect for a clearance pick-up.

Brickseek said my Target had Warriors All-Stars in stock for $11.98, but the teen at the electronics counter looked it up and said they don't carry it anymore. Sigh. That kind of junk food game would be perfect for a clearance pick-up.
Dont put much faith in Brickseek. All Brickseek does for me is tell me the games might be there and might be on clearance

Did you try looking for the game on your own? Like in a clearance area or a cap of random games?

Yeah, what he said^. I've found clearance games on clearance end caps in different departments. I always check the toy department back end caps and all the end caps along the back aisle of electronics all the way down as far as they go at the minimum. Never know where you'll find a clearance game these days.

Ehh spend it on something else... I grabbed a copy and after trying to play it this game just sucks...

Hmmm going to have to check the Targets to see if I can track down Dirt 4. So far everything else worth a crap has long since been cleared out, only stack of Battle Chasers and Sniper Ghost as far as the eye can see. 

I've actually had better luck using their app that has a barcode scanner to check the prices. Had a couple of items before Xmas that showed higher with the in store scanners but they went ahead and adjusted everything down at the customer service desk for me to match what the app scanner gave as the price.

I've actually had better luck using their app that has a barcode scanner to check the prices. Had a couple of items before Xmas that showed higher with the in store scanners but they went ahead and adjusted everything down at the customer service desk for me to match what the app scanner gave as the price.
Wish I read this earlier. Scanned FFXII with in store scanner and it showed 24.98 even though brickseek showed 14.98.

Dont put much faith in Brickseek. All Brickseek does for me is tell me the games might be there and might be on clearance

Did you try looking for the game on your own? Like in a clearance area or a cap of random games?
Yeah, my local Target got rid of their clearance endcap, so it's just what's on the shelves. I did look, but I didn't have time to look behind every game since the wife was waiting for me and I'd promised I was just doing a quick run-through.

This is definitely the way to go: though Brickseek has often been horribly inaccurate for me when it comes to Target’s actual inventory numbers, it has always been spot on when it comes to pricing, even when the in-store prices haven’t been updated. I’ve had lots of success going to guest services, showing them the scanned price on their app is less than their in-store scanner, and they’ve always happily adjusted it to the lower amount.

Download the Target App on your phone which will show the same price in the app as Brickseek.

Take the game or item to Guest Services & let them know of the discrepancy between the price scanner in store & the app.  I did this numerous times this past weekend & they adjusted the price to the App/Brickseek price.  If they question you, use the phone to scan the price in front of them as emphasis.

Stay ahead of the curve.  For whatever reason, Brickseek & the app both show the price in the system that it should be.  Target has to have someone manually change each item for the next step in markdowns & place a new sticker on it (which is usually on Mondays for electronics in years past).

Off-topic, Target has luggage on clearance for up to 50% off.  I picked up a SwissGear 24.5" Checklite for $69.99 (50% off)  

Just tried using Target App barcode scanner, but it shows website price of $38.99 for :ps4: Warriors All Stars. Price scanner in store shows $20, Brickseek shows $12.

Just tried using Target App barcode scanner, but it shows website price of $38.99 for :ps4: Warriors All Stars. Price scanner in store shows $20, Brickseek shows $12.
App is geo based, you need to use it in store in order for it to pick up lowest store price

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I did use it in store. Is there some setting I have to tick, or switch over to store wifi?
If the GPS on your phone is working properly, it should automatically change the location to the current store you’re physically in. If not, yes, using the in-store Wi-Fi will definitely work.

Really depends on the store about when Brickseek prices are updated.  One Target that is extremely well-organized with its clearance seems to update clearance prices the day the price drops.  Price dropped yesterday and clearance was already corrected with new stickers.

Another that has clearance in about 5 different places and looked liked a hurricane hit it has yet to update prices that changed 2 weeks ago.  Price has gone down twice yet still ring up full price.

If you have multiple Targets close by, I would try to find a good one and just go to that one.  Luckily I have about 10 within 20 min so I don't have trouble finding any clearance.  Otherwise hope that customer service will match what the price is supposed to be.

So I got lucky tonight and found Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden Nintendo 3DS for 19.99 Not clearance but since this title is going for upwards of 60 I think it was a nice find.
Thanks for putting this on my radar, I happened across one for the same price today. Also grabbed Dragonball Fusions for $8.98 and some 50% off Legos because I’ve got no self control with clearance items.

Thanks for putting this on my radar, I happened across one for the same price today. Also grabbed Dragonball Fusions for $8.98 and some 50% off Legos because I’ve got no self control with clearance items.
What Legos? I can never help buying more of those than I need.

So I got lucky tonight and found Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden Nintendo 3DS for 19.99 Not clearance but since this title is going for upwards of 60 I think it was a nice find.
Do you happen to have the DPCI # for this game? Not on the site anymore.

Edit: Never mind, found it - 207-02-0191. Pretty much out of stock everywhere around me.

What Legos? I can never help buying more of those than I need.
I grabbed the Dr. Strange set for $14.98, The Last Jedi brickhead 2-pack for $9.98, some Mighty Micro sets for $5.98 and Lego Batman Sandman for $17.98. They also had some bigger sets on clearance for 30% off, like some random Lego Batman sets, most beickheadz were 6.98-4.98. I also saw base plates for 30% off as well.

Went into Target today and found this gold mine.
attachicon.gif
20171230_224027.jpg
How much was that copy of the Surge?

Target barcode scanner worked! Problem yesterday was I didn't have iPhone location services enabled for the Target app (Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> Target -> While Using). Was able to pm :ps4: Warriors All-Stars to $11.98 and :ps4: Battle Chasers Nightwar to $8.98.

Thanks for the help ^^

My store still has Warriors All Stars ringing up for $19.98 today. And, they wouldn't do a price match. I love the Dynasty Warriors kind of games, so this is a huge pain in the butt. All the other stores in my area are already sold out. I don't want to have to jump on it for $20, but my store only has one copy left, and I just might have to.

My store still has Warriors All Stars ringing up for $19.98 today. And, they wouldn't do a price match. I love the Dynasty Warriors kind of games, so this is a huge pain in the butt. All the other stores in my area are already sold out. I don't want to have to jump on it for $20, but my store only has one copy left, and I just might have to.
They wouldn’t price match the app price for me either. Guess it’s YMMV.

I think Warriors is $20 on Amazon also, so that really isn't a "deal" at this point. If they refused to price match it I would tell them to fuck off and just get it from Amazon if you really want it.

They wouldn’t price match the app price for me either. Guess it’s YMMV.
The rep who pm'd for me did check on his own phone to make sure that the price comes up in the app while in that store. The tablets they normally use for pm in customer service do not show the cheaper prices. As we are using the official Target app, they really should pm the price it shows.

Starting to get quite irritated with both Target and Brickseek’s crappy inventory keeping (or lack thereof): been all over the Los Angeles area trying to find a FFXII Steelbook, but both Brickseek’s inaccuracy (been to about 4-5 stores w/ “limited stock” but none actually in store) and Target’s incompetence have led me to no success. I went to the Target in East Santa Clarita, CA to look for it (BS said limited stock), but no dice, even after looking through all of electronics, all the end caps and behind all the glass in the PS4 section. Gave the DPCI to Guest Services and said they had none there, but the Valencia store had four in stock (BS said “limited stock”), so I could call ahead and pick it up from Guest Services there. Called Valencia, spoke to the rudest redshirt I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting (short responses, uninterested attitude, completely unhelpful), kept me on hold for 10 minutes just to say they didn’t have any copies, the count was likely a mistake and since it’s a clearance item it had no assigned location, which made it impossible to search for. Got pissed off, went to the Valencia store anyway just to check for myself, no luck. [emoji19][emoji20][emoji58]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shouldn't trust Brickseek if it says Limited Stock. You find it when you find it and if you don't, well, that sucks. That's the way I see it. 

The rep who pm'd for me did check on his own phone to make sure that the price comes up in the app while in that store. The tablets they normally use for pm in customer service do not show the cheaper prices. As we are using the official Target app, they really should pm the price it shows.
Yeah, my rep used their scanner and it showed online price. She called someone else over to show the app price and the other rep was telling me how they can’t match clearance and have to go with system price.

Starting to get quite irritated with both Target and Brickseek’s crappy inventory keeping (or lack thereof): been all over the Los Angeles area trying to find a FFXII Steelbook, but both Brickseek’s inaccuracy (been to about 4-5 stores w/ “limited stock” but none actually in store) and Target’s incompetence have led me to no success. I went to the Target in East Santa Clarita, CA to look for it (BS said limited stock), but no dice, even after looking through all of electronics, all the end caps and behind all the glass in the PS4 section. Gave the DPCI to Guest Services and said they had none there, but the Valencia store had four in stock (BS said “limited stock”), so I could call ahead and pick it up from Guest Services there. Called Valencia, spoke to the rudest redshirt I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting (short responses, uninterested attitude, completely unhelpful), kept me on hold for 10 minutes just to say they didn’t have any copies, the count was likely a mistake and since it’s a clearance item it had no assigned location, which made it impossible to search for. Got pissed off, went to the Valencia store anyway just to check for myself, no luck. [emoji19][emoji20][emoji58]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Limited Stock seems to indicate 1-2 units on hand. I even struck out (for Battle Chasers) at a store shows "In Stock" on both BS and Target app.

Shouldn't trust Brickseek if it says Limited Stock. You find it when you find it and if you don't, well, that sucks. That's the way I see it.
Other than for this specific item, I have almost always had luck with “limited stock” meaning one item is present in store. Maybe that’s the exception rather than the rule, but I’ve had quite a bit of luck if that’s true.

Limited Stock seems to indicate 1-2 units on hand. I even struck out (for Battle Chasers) at a store shows "In Stock" on both BS and Target app.

That shit drives me crazy...and I love how the redshirt’s response to being so off in their inventory is, “Oh, they must have been misplaced then...or in the back somewhere...or they were stolen...” So...did you want to take a couple of minutes and check for them, or...? [emoji849]
Did you end up finding Battle Chasers: Nightwar or not?

That shit drives me crazy...and I love how the redshirt’s response to being so off in their inventory is, “Oh, they must have been misplaced then...or in the back somewhere...or they were stolen...” So...did you want to take a couple of minutes and check for them, or...? [emoji849]

Every time I ask them to check in the back they always say no because it's 'clearance and out on the floor and it says there are none in the back'...so I guess dozens of games are just walked away huh?

Just picked up Battlechasers for 8.98, PMed the app with no issues.

Brickseek showed Sniper 3 for 11.98 but it rang up 19.98. Target app showed 39.99. I got it but still kind of debating.

bread's done
Back