Target Clearance Thread XXII

Well I had at once a most productive and conflicting day at Target. Managed to first find Battlechasers: Nightwar 207-34-9412 and Inside/Limbo in the mess of a games case for  :ps4:. Noticed Okami and was momentarily tempted to ask the guy to grab that one too. I own it digitally but I've forever wanted to own a physical copy of it but it's eluded me for years. Then I checked out a couple clearance end caps and found The Surge :ps4: 207-34-1685 for $17.98, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 207-32-1735  :xb1: for $5.98, and Resident Evil Revelations 207-32-1682  :xb1: also for $5.98. Went back to the electronics register and had him check the price for Battlechasers, $8.98, sweet, and Inside/Limbo $29.99, dang. Then I was ready to call it a day but figured I had an extra GC and asked him to grab Okami after all. I know its exactly the type of game Target will eventually discount but I figured what the hell. We grabbed it and came back and I realized only later that during all this he had been scanning the stack at the register and printed out a receipt to more easily bring it back up in the system once I was ready to pay. When we got back to the register a younger mom (not too shabby) asked him if they had any of the more recent Just Dance' for her daughter or something for Wii. I jumped in and told her just to check out a Gamestop since they don't carry Wii anymore at Target. In this confusion he must've forgotten to ring up Okami and since I was still conversing with the mom I didn't realize the $54 total was way too low too. Only once I was near home did it dawn on me but since I had my 15 month old with me and she needing her lunch I didn't immediately drive back like I probably would've had she been at daycare. So yea, I feel a little bad about it but whatcha gonna do?

Well I had at once a most productive and conflicting day at Target. Managed to first find Battlechasers: Nightwar 207-34-9412 and Inside/Limbo in the mess of a games case for :ps4:. Noticed Okami and was momentarily tempted to ask the guy to grab that one too. I own it digitally but I've forever wanted to own a physical copy of it but it's eluded me for years. Then I checked out a couple clearance end caps and found The Surge :ps4: 207-34-1685 for $17.98, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 207-32-1735 :xb1: for $5.98, and Resident Evil Revelations 207-32-1682 :xb1: also for $5.98. Went back to the electronics register and had him check the price for Battlechasers, $8.98, sweet, and Inside/Limbo $29.99, dang. Then I was ready to call it a day but figured I had an extra GC and asked him to grab Okami after all. I know its exactly the type of game Target will eventually discount but I figured what the hell. We grabbed it and came back and I realized only later that during all this he had been scanning the stack at the register and printed out a receipt to more easily bring it back up in the system once I was ready to pay. When we got back to the register a younger mom (not too shabby) asked him if they had any of the more recent Just Dance' for her daughter or something for Wii. I jumped in and told her just to check out a Gamestop since they don't carry Wii anymore at Target. In this confusion he must've forgotten to ring up Okami and since I was still conversing with the mom I didn't realize the $54 total was way too low too. Only once I was near home did it dawn on me but since I had my 15 month old with me and she needing her lunch I didn't immediately drive back like I probably would've had she been at daycare. So yea, I feel a little bad about it but whatcha gonna do?
Lol, totally forgot I picked up Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection for $11.98 too.

Idk whether the physical Okami remaster is a smart buy at $19.99. It's totally a buy it now price for me since I love the game and there's a lot of nostalgia there for me. I wouldn't even feel sorry about doubledipping for that price.

But I had a feeling Capcom would overprint them to death so I'd be safe to wait for a 50% drop. Still didn't stop me from buying a copy and playing it on release day lol

Do you think stock could last long enough to see 75% markdown on either platform?

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk whether the physical Okami remaster is a smart buy at $19.99. It's totally a buy it now price for me since I love the game and there's a lot of nostalgia there for me. I wouldn't even feel sorry about doubledipping for that price.

But I had a feeling Capcom would overprint them to death so I'd be safe to wait for a 50% drop. Still didn't stop me from buying a copy and playing it on release day lol

Do you think stock could last long enough to see 75% markdown on either platform?
Every GameStop near me only got one copy that they ended up gutting. I honestly don't know if it's gonna be that common.

finally found a warriors all stars copy after 2 more target stores :D.
also saw sniper 3 & 4 for 11.98.
and an uncharted 4 steelbook collectors at 29.99 unfortunately.

Picked up a few games yesterday

Dirt 4 ->X1 -> $14.98
Fifa 17 -> X360 -> $8.98
Fifa 17 -> PS3 -> $8.98
Srardew Valley -> PS4 -> $5.98
WWE 2K17 -> PS3 -> $11.98
Outlast Trinity -> PS4 -> $11.98

I hit a pretty solid selection at the store near my work. Found the majority of games people are mentioning here at the 70% off prices. Walked out with Baja, Warriors All-Stars, Micro Machines, and the last copy of Wii U Mario Tennis. I already have Outlast so I left the last copy they had for someone else.

I'd still like to find copies of Styx and Road to Boruto, those were the only two I wanted and couldn't get. According to Brickseek I'm screwed on Boruto but there's a couple stores with copies of Styx in "limited stock". If any of you guys can find an extra copy of Boruto and are willing to sell for cost+shipping+ a reasonable finder fee let me know. 

Here's my Target clearance haul since last week:

20180104_131335.jpg

I only ever saw one DQ8 and the lowest it got was $27.xx.  To the guy that wanted Yakuza Kiwami, I can get you one for $12 shipped if you get it to me within the next day. 

Good thing I buy all these games that I will never play. 

Hit a different Target on the way home from work. They had alot of different games. At this one I was able to grab Styx, the Ezio trilogy, and Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy. This one had more copies of Outlast and Warriors All Stars and it had more sports games. A few copies of some Golf game on PS4, a hunting/Cabelas type game on XB1, and Madden 17 for both systems. They also had NBA2K17 for PS4 which I would have bought had it been under 10 dollars but it was 14.98 so I left it. Last but not least they had a shitload of copies of PS3 and 360 WWE 2K17.

I know a couple of you on this thread are in Austin, this was the South Mopac store surrounded by trees.

Anyone find an extra Sniper Elite 4 for the PS4? Willing to pay for item, shipping and a little extra for your time and gas.
Damn, wish I had seen your post earlier. I left a copy behind at the same store I mentioned. I think it was 11.98. I can stop again after work tomorrow, but they only had 1 left so odds aren't great that it will still be there.

Damn, wish I had seen your post earlier. I left a copy behind at the same store I mentioned. I think it was 11.98. I can stop again after work tomorrow, but they only had 1 left so odds aren't great that it will still be there.
Let me know if you can find it tomorrow and I’ll PayPal you.

Not gaming related but some good geeky finds...

Found the big 19 inch BB-8 (lights up and makes noise when you press the button on it's head) for $15 marked down from $50. 087065560. 

Also found a lego city bank robbery set marked down to $35 from $70.  204001892

I saw what I think is a Fossil Q Founder Gen 2 Two-Tone smartwatch for $96. Looked it up on Brickseek and the price everywhere is N.A. Hmm.

Tfw you snag a copy of a game that Brickseek shows oos everywhere for the past month and you haven't seen at Target anywhere in that time either.

Not sure where it came from, but loved finding the non ckearnce tagged copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD for $11.98 today. Woo!

Not gaming related but some good geeky finds...

Found the big 19 inch BB-8 (lights up and makes noise when you press the button on it's head) for $15 marked down from $50. 087065560.

Also found a lego city bank robbery set marked down to $35 from $70. 204001892
The R2 and Stormtrooper Norelco shavers are also getting clearanced. Grabbed the Stormtrooper one today for $24.98. MSRP I think is $49.99.

The R2 one was $10 more.

Tfw you snag a copy of a game that Brickseek shows oos everywhere for the past month and you haven't seen at Target anywhere in that time either.

Not sure where it came from, but loved finding the non ckearnce tagged copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD for $11.98 today. Woo!
Super jelly, those have been sold out everywhere around me.

A true rarity for me today.

I went to a guy with a PDA and gave him the DPCI for dragonball fusions and asked if they have any left (brickseek showed 1). He looked it up and the PDA showed no location so he said 'sorry we dont have it in stock, its clearance it would be on the floor' etc etc. I said thanks anyway and decided to walk around the store a little bit in case there was something else to find. 10 minutes later he comes out and finds me in the game isle with Dragonball fusions in his hand. I thanked him kindly and couldnt believe it, usually when a clearance item doesnt have location I give up because theres usually no way to find it and mosts clerks are lazy and refuse to go to the back.

I then asked the guy if there were any more clearance games back there. he comes back out holding a stack of games, HALF of which brickseek said quantity 0. I thanked him kindly and walked away with Dragon Quest VIII (which I wanted and was sold out at all Targets in my area), Return to Arkham, and Naruto 4. 

Left a glowing review for him with the manager at the front (guy deserved it). But more importantly this confirms to me that when brickseek says 'low quantity' and the game is nowhere to be found NOR has any quantity listed in the back room, it still has a chance of being in the back. I think im going to push a little harder for clerks to check the back from now on and not just look at their pda. 

Was able to get the Gold Edition for $39.99 since the standard edition is on sale and they had the sale tag on the Gold Edition as well.[attachment=29212:20180105_123905.jpg]

A true rarity for me today.

I went to a guy with a PDA and gave him the DPCI for dragonball fusions and asked if they have any left (brickseek showed 1). He looked it up and the PDA showed no location so he said 'sorry we dont have it in stock, its clearance it would be on the floor' etc etc. I said thanks anyway and decided to walk around the store a little bit in case there was something else to find. 10 minutes later he comes out and finds me in the game isle with Dragonball fusions in his hand. I thanked him kindly and couldnt believe it, usually when a clearance item doesnt have location I give up because theres usually no way to find it and mosts clerks are lazy and refuse to go to the back.

I then asked the guy if there were any more clearance games back there. he comes back out holding a stack of games, HALF of which brickseek said quantity 0. I thanked him kindly and walked away with Dragon Quest VIII (which I wanted and was sold out at all Targets in my area), Return to Arkham, and Naruto 4.

Left a glowing review for him with the manager at the front (guy deserved it). But more importantly this confirms to me that when brickseek says 'low quantity' and the game is nowhere to be found NOR has any quantity listed in the back room, it still has a chance of being in the back. I think im going to push a little harder for clerks to check the back from now on and not just look at their pda.
I have to agree lately with Brickseek. The accuracy on it has not been that great. For instance my local store had clearance the PS4 Gold Headsets but showed zero in stock. Low and behold they had 3 of them sitting in the glass case. Employee rang them up and they all rang the $29.99 price which i picked one up. I have also found a couple of games that showed not in stock but were randomly in the clearance pile they had.

Super jelly, those have been sold out everywhere around me.
Truthfully I had given up on it. Was killing time at lunch and looked thru the endcap of untagged games. It was buried but when I saw it I knew it would be marked down. Target app confirmed it.

Grrrr....paid either $24.99 or $29.99 at BB recently (can't remember). Nice job.

If anyone happens to find the gold editions of AC: Origins around Boston, please let me know!

Also, NBA 2k18 Legend edition is 59.99 as well as the others gold editions

Did it ring up at that price, or did the cashier have to adjust it?
Cashier had to adjust it at customer service. Rings up as $59.99 but lucky for me the last 2 copies of gold edition had the sale tag for the standard edition labelled on them. So all I did was show them the tag and and that the games where behind the tag and they have it to me for that price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just grabbed Guardians of The Galaxy , Battlefront Ultimate Ed, Dead Alliance, Rise Of The Tomb Raider and AC Ezio Collection.  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON DEAD ALLIANCE, it's easily the worst game I've played on this generation of consoles... maybe even last gen.  Controls are clunky and it it's not polished at all.  The first zombie I killed hit the ground with it's neck all stretched and distorted out, everything moves clunky, extremely hard to aim.  The only good news is, I can recover $8 from my purchase by taking it to GameStop tomorrow.

Let me know if you can find it tomorrow and I’ll PayPal you.
Sorry man. I did go back, but I was totally mistaken on the game you were asking for. My store had a copy of Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 on clearance, it wasn't Sniper Elite 4 like you had asked for. I honestly didn't even know there were two different series of games called "Sniper" so I guess I need to pay better attention.

Went to the target by me today to find rainbow six year 2. I asked the employee and he said they don't have a clearance section for video games on display, but that it might be in back. He came back with the game, no issues, $17.98 or whatever. This makes me curious as to what other clearance games they have hiding in the back. They're clearly labeling these as this game had 4 difference clearance stickers stacked on top of one another, but why go through that trouble if they aren't even on display? Any (conspiracy) ideas?

bread's done
Back