Target Clearance Thread XXII

Success! Found the dyson vacuum twice. First I found one for $209, and picked it up. But then found it for $149.  Will obviously be returning the $209 tomorrow. Thanks CheapAssCleaners!

Isn't it the same DPCI for both versions anyway...?
Yup...often times what happens is once a game gets to clearance, Target will "merge" the DPCIs of the regular edition and special/limited/steelbook edition so that they can clear the stock faster. This can unfortunately affect CAGs looking for the steelbook version of the game, only to find the normal version instead.

I know I'm probably not asking in the right place but does anyone know the difference between the R2D2 shaved and the First Order shaver? Both are the same price at my local Target but I have no idea what's the difference between them

I know I'm probably not asking in the right place but does anyone know the difference between the R2D2 shaved and the First Order shaver? Both are the same price at my local Target but I have no idea what's the difference between them
The First Order is a wet/dry shaver meaning that you can use it either environment. The R2D2 is a dry shaver and has three heads versus two on the First Order.

As far as the quality on R2D2 shaver, I have used it for about a week and I have to charge it after every use. It does a decent job of giving a close shave but not as smooth as my three blade razor from Gillette. My stubble is manly but not Wombat-like.

The R2D2 shaver is pretty much your basic entry level shaver, it's dry only and has 3 heads with a pop-out edging blade. The First Order Stormtrooper shaver only has 2 heads, but is wet/dry so you can theoretically use it in the shower and/or with shaving cream. I actually have one that I got from Walmart for $15 and in my experience, it didn't do very well with shaving gel. Also the main head is detachable and it comes with a separate edging blade head that also has a guard for beard trimming, but as a beardo I found that even at the longest setting, it cut way too short for my liking, and unguarded it wasn't good enough for cutting the hair on the back of my neck.

There was a 1.5/2.5 copy for $11.98 at the Richmond CA store if anyone in the East Bay is looking for it. I swear someone keeps putting out a single copy of the game every week or two there.

They had two copies of the KH 2.8 also..but at $19.99.

The KH games at that store aren't at the endcap (in case anyone is looking there). They are stacked loosely at the top right of PS4 aisle above the PS4 consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few close to my job and one on my way home from work, but my problem is now that I’ve seen it for $15 at Target, anything even a penny above that seems like an overpay...haha. Since no one else on here seems to be able to find an extra copy they’re willing to part with, I’ll probably bite the bullet and just snag it at Best Buy or TRU if I can get if for $25-$30 and return the original non-steelbook copy I got at the Topanga Canyon Target last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I did bought for 30 at my toys are us cuz couldn't find anywhere else

Ugh I wish I could find KH, that's the one game from this round that has eluded me. Sadly every store seems to be sold out.

Ugh I wish I could find KH, that's the one game from this round that has eluded me. Sadly every store seems to be sold out.
I assume you are checking at the stores physically. KH 1.5/2.5 has been OOS on Brickseek in my area for over a month. I've seen 2 copies at one for the stores pop up in the last few weeks. Gl!

Thought I lucked out, as I found a copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U with an as is sticker at $5.66.  However, when I was checking out, the cashier noticed that it rang up as Feeding/Health, so he called over a manager who told me that somebody made a mistake and it was actually $59.99.

Oh well.

Thought I lucked out, as I found a copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U with an as is sticker at $5.66. However, when I was checking out, the cashier noticed that it rang up as Feeding/Health, so he called over a manager who told me that somebody made a mistake and it was actually $59.99.

Oh well.
Lol wtf? They definitely should have honored that. Not your fault the employees screwed up.

Lol wtf? They definitely should have honored that. Not your fault the employees screwed up.
I don't really understand this since they never scan the clearance sticker and always use the regular SKU. I disagree that they should honor it. If their system allows the wrong sticker to simply be placed on an item to potentially get a lower price, what prevents a customer from taking a sticker from another clearance item and hoping no one notices? I do think it's wrong for them to have such a flawed system in the first place, so they should absolutely fix it.

[quote name="trchavez416" post="13926598" timestamp="1515957605"]

Is GCU a paid membership or is it free? Might just go this route as my local BB supposedly has 45 in stock. [emoji15]

It’s $30 for 2 years. Well worth it and probably the best program out there when it comes to buying games.
I just got some expiration warning email from them saying I saved over $200 to date using GCU. I bet it was a lot more than that but they capped the email amount at $200. Definitely worth it.

I don't really understand this since they never scan the clearance sticker and always use the regular SKU. I disagree that they should honor it. If their system allows the wrong sticker to simply be placed on an item to potentially get a lower price, what prevents a customer from taking a sticker from another clearance item and hoping no one notices? I do think it's wrong for them to have such a flawed system in the first place, so they should absolutely fix it.
Target clearance stickers cannot be scanned as they don't have bar codes on them: they're just a sticker with the DPCI of the item, the original MSRP and the new clearance price:

all-price-2.jpg

"Repackage" and "As-Is" stickers, on the other hand, have bar codes on them and can be scanned instead of the original bar code; in fact, Target corporate trains new employees to scan the stickers instead of the normal bar codes to ensure the customer gets the lower price.

target_clearance_guide_1-750x422.jpg

2562a8d1addca2f51a30002e5defea5b.jpg

Now, if something seems fishy, you can of course take the time to verify the DPCIs of the sticker and the item itself match, but most redshirts usually just scan the item and don't take the time to check anything, especially if it's a busy cashier. As with most everything, YMMV.

I think they should honor the price but only if the item was locked up behing glass or in one of those clear cases. That clearly makes it an employee error and rules out any shady practices.

I think they should honor the price but only if the item was locked up behing glass or in one of those clear cases. That clearly makes it an employee error and rules out any shady practices.
Yeah, it was in one of those plastic cases, so I clearly didn't mess with it. At the same time, it was pretty obviously a mistake, so I'm not really angry about it.

Target's been fined tons for not honoring their mistakes. You could have gotten it for that price.
Price errors are common mistakes for retailers; unless it's intentional or purposefully deceptive -- all things big retailers like Target aren't -- there is really no reason for them to HAVE to honor it other than just wanting to be courteous to their customers.

Some folks here seem to think the law is a whole lot stronger than it really is. If they only knew that consumers have little to no power at all on 99% of the stuff that happens to them.

I'll be going to McAllen stores this Saturday to check for some of the steelbook editions of some of the new games lol.. I'll see if I find it.
Dude, awesome! I actually just walked out of a TRU after buying that, FFXII Steelbook and a Disney Infinity Wii/Wii U remote for ~$70...haha. Please PM me and let me know what you find whenever you get the chance! [emoji4][emoji106]

Not a clearance item, but I picked up this Fossil Q Founder 2.0 smartwatch for $96. Fancy
How good is this thing? There's one at a local store I'm waiting to go down further and I'm trying to decide whether to cheap out on something like this or just get an apple watch.

No electronics in clearance, but the Targets around me are killin it with the clearance food. All the yummy foods are in the 40 to 98 cent range now.

Picked up the last clearanced PS4 F1 2017 Special Edition from my local Target for $17.98 this morning.   DPCI: 207-34-1710

Dude, awesome! I actually just walked out of a TRU after buying that, FFXII Steelbook and a Disney Infinity Wii/Wii U remote for ~$70...haha. Please PM me and let me know what you find whenever you get the chance! [emoji4][emoji106]

No luck :( at the store that showed it in stock, asked them to look it up and it showed that they had one in stock on their handheld. We looked everywhere for it and no luck lol. Oh well picked up Assassin's Creed Origins Gold edition and Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 gold for $59.99 & $17.98 at another target in the area..

No luck :( at the store that showed it in stock, asked them to look it up and it showed that they had one in stock on their handheld. We looked everywhere for it and no luck lol. Oh well picked up Assassin's Creed Origins Gold edition and Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 gold for $59.99 & $17.98 at another target in the area..
Darn it...thanks for checking, though! I’ve been so fortunate with finding almost all of the other clearance games I’ve wanted that I probably shouldn’t mind paying full price for a couple of hard-to-find ones.

I just noticed oen of my local target get rid of all of their clearance game shelf
Are you sure they didn't just move it? I've noticed Targets will sometimes move around the location of the clearance endcaps, but I've never seen a Target completely remove the game/electronics endcap. Its also possible your store is just sold out of all the current clearance games so they moved something in its place temporarily.

Price errors are common mistakes for retailers; unless it's intentional or purposefully deceptive -- all things big retailers like Target aren't -- there is really no reason for them to HAVE to honor it other than just wanting to be courteous to their customers.

Some folks here seem to think the law is a whole lot stronger than it really is. If they only knew that consumers have little to no power at all on 99% of the stuff that happens to them.
Just saw a big sign tonight at my target CS that said if the shelf price is lower than what it scans for at the register, they will honor the lowest advertised price. Not sure if that also means clearance tags, but seems like it is almost their policy to allow you to buy it for the lowest "non-tampered" price.

Not clearance but the Dragonball Z Android 18 Figpin that is free with the game releasing tomorrow is only .01 if you just want that and it’s not street dated. Bought 1 today. DPCI 207-04-0480.

Found Rise of the Tomb Raider - 20 Year Celebration Edition for PS4 in clearance section.  Brickseek listed it in that location as 11.98 . Picked it up, took it to their register, they scanned it then told me they had to pricematch it to a price of 49.99 online because it was no longer found in their store system.....................   No deal.

Found Rise of the Tomb Raider - 20 Year Celebration Edition for PS4 in clearance section. Brickseek listed it in that location as 11.98 . Picked it up, took it to their register, they scanned it then told me they had to pricematch it to a price of 49.99 online because it was no longer found in their store system..................... No deal.
That’s total and complete horseshit...you just need to find someone with the handheld scanner (usually the team doing the actual price adjustments) and see what their lowest price was in their system before they cleared it out. It should ring up as $11.98 and then you can be on your way with a $12 Tomb Raider game.

That’s total and complete horseshit...you just need to find someone with the handheld scanner (usually the team doing the actual price adjustments) and see what their lowest price was in their system before they cleared it out. It should ring up as $11.98 and then you can be on your way with a $12 Tomb Raider game.

If the item was already salvaged/out of their store system, then I don't think they're allowed to sell it. At least they offered to price match online. lol I found a clearanced item a few weeks ago that was salvaged. It was still showing up on brickseek too. The hand scanner rang up as $0. The manager wouldn't even bother selling it to me or honoring the last lowest price. I think it's in their policy to technically not sell salvaged goods? It all goes to goodwill and they write it off for the original price or something.

Found an As-is (online return) copy of Hell Night CE Blu-Ray for $10.61 the other day.  Didn't get it since I already had it but not a bad price for something that came out a few weeks ago.

If the item was already salvaged/out of their store system, then I don't think they're allowed to sell it. At least they offered to price match online. lol I found a clearanced item a few weeks ago that was salvaged. It was still showing up on brickseek too. The hand scanner rang up as $0. The manager wouldn't even bother selling it to me or honoring the last lowest price. I think it's in their policy to technically not sell salvaged goods? It all goes to goodwill and they write it off for the original price or something.
If it didn’t have a clearance sticker or any price on it, yes, they have to go off what their app says or PM to an online price. All the same, if the manager is cool, they will usually give you the 70% off clearance price if you make a point of being kind but firm about it. And yes, all salvaged items are supposed to go to Goodwill for a tax write off, but if it’s still on the sales floor and can be rung up, it is technically still a salable item and can be purchased. YMMV on the price, of course, as I clearly don’t have to tell you as you experienced the other end of that equation. [emoji4]

bread's done
Back