Target Clearance Thread XXII

The Evesham, NJ store is remodeling, and put a random bunch of stuff on clearance. Biggest deal by far was the white/orange New 3DS for 50% off - 207-01-7002.

Also saw Disgaea 5 Complete and a few other Switch games on clearance, but that also seems to be local to this store (for now).
Tf, a MA store had the 3ds at 44.98 lol

The Evesham, NJ store is remodeling, and put a random bunch of stuff on clearance. Biggest deal by far was the white/orange New 3DS for 50% off - 207-01-7002.

Also saw Disgaea 5 Complete and a few other Switch games on clearance, but that also seems to be local to this store (for now).
Same thing was happening at this store, I also saw the 3DS on clearance but didn't check the price. If they are remoddeling a store in your area definitely check!

Hit a Target on the way home. Absolutely no Switch clearance, at least not yet. Found a lone PS4 copy of A.C. Syndicate for $11.54.

Got fates: birthright for $22.48 before taxes.  i feel like i overpaid for it.  only reason i bought it, its because i haven't seen this game at any store in my area. 207-02-9344.

Also what's the deal with target?  it was my first time going there in like a year.

- They changed the price checkers, now you can't type your own dpci numbers

- Before games were enclosed in a tick plastic case. This made it easy to get a worker to just scan the game with the gun, now its just a paper inside that plastic case.

- Some of these clearance "paper" have a stupid yellow sticker with no price, barcode or dpci number, it just says clearance.

They making it really difficult to get clearance games now. Are any other targets like this? or is it just this store.

My Target still has the plastic cases. I don't recall ever seeing paper but a stiff card the size of a game case in the plastic case and I think it was an add-on for an NBA game.

Yellow stickers are being used now but I've never seen one without a price.

No, the clearance pic shows 20.98
Thanks, I saw the picture on my phone and it looked like it said 29.98. Once I got to a bigger screen I can see the 20 more clearly. That's a title I have been looking to pick up. Hopefully best buy has a sale soon and I can add the GCU discount on top of it

Nothing Switch on clearance at my Target, as expected. They have been lacking on the clearance front recently, the only thing I have gotten in the last several months was a copy of Bulletstorm on PS4 for $10

The clearance seems to have dried up at my local spot altogether. The only remotely gaming related deals I've found in the past couple of weeks were some Pokemon themed booster pack sets (4 boosters and a foil card) with a big green sticker saying "Now $14.99" with a new sticker over the bar code. 

I went to two targets today, and the only good thing that isn't full price is:[attachment=29529:IMG_9455.JPG][attachment=29530:IMG_9454.JPG]

I went to two targets today, and the only good thing that isn't full price is:
attachicon.gif
IMG_9455.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_9454.JPG
Damn, that's a lot of new copies of AC Syndicate! Definitely worth the pick-up at those prices. I'd even double dip and add the PS4 copy to my collection for that price.

If it's sets with a bottle and some cups or some kind of swag they just pull out the bottle and throw the rest away.
Thanks, I was waiting for them to clearance and totally forgot and was wondering. Makes sense, although, they could sell or give away the swag but that prob isn't cost effective.

Damn, that's a lot of new copies of AC Syndicate! Definitely worth the pick-up at those prices. I'd even double dip and add the PS4 copy to my collection for that price.
Yea, I was really surprised when I saw so many damn copies there lol
My first reaction was "wtf". Also, notice how there are two different versions. I grabbed one of each

I guess all the Targets have wine on clearance. Also, got Assassin's Creed Syndicate ps4 for $11.54. I found it in a store that supposedly had it out of stock, but found the last one. I was thinking of doing a return and rebuy at a store that had it for $8.24, but I don't know if it's worth it for $3.30.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not clearance but I just picked up a PS4 Marvel VS Capcom infinite Deluxe for 19.99$. I am assuming they merged the dcpi on deluxe and regular editions.

I guess all the Targets have wine on clearance. Also, got Assassin's Creed Syndicate ps4 for $11.54. I found it in a store that supposedly had it out of stock, but found the last one. I was thinking of doing a return and rebuy at a store that had it for $8.24, but I don't know if it's worth it for $3.30.
That's over a gallon of gas. I'd say it's worth it.

The clearance seems to have dried up at my local spot altogether. The only remotely gaming related deals I've found in the past couple of weeks were some Pokemon themed booster pack sets (4 boosters and a foil card) with a big green sticker saying "Now $14.99" with a new sticker over the bar code.
Mine too, had some decent toy clearance after Christmas like usual...but overall games have been TERRIBLE at my store lately. Did get some Pokemon boxes for $11 at Walmart though :)

Mine too, had some decent toy clearance after Christmas like usual...but overall games have been TERRIBLE at my store lately. Did get some Pokemon boxes for $11 at Walmart though :)
I miss the days of getting Vita games for $10 or less on the regular at Target.

Dayum that's alot of Switch clearance. I'll be hitting a couple Targets on the way home to check for that. With as popular as the Switch is, it may get jumped on in most areas before the price can be further reduced.
Checked my area and they are all $90, lol, goodluck. Altanta is the worst with these clearance sales.

Fact is physical games are only going to get more and more scarce (i.e. less likely to be seen in clearance bins at those prices some of us enjoyed 5-10 years ago, i.e. ~$10 or less) because publishers are getting increasingly more revenue from selling digital licenses. That means less stock overall, which translates to games either selling out sooner or selling with fewer discounts. Nowadays, if you're interested in a niche game that released at $59.99/49.99 and it drops to the $29.99 range, and you want a physical retail copy, that's a buy price. Otherwise, the likelihood such a game would get disc reprints in this digital marketplace era is highly unlikely.

I went to a Target a few days ago and they had only one game on clearance. I asked an employee where they had the clearance games and he brings me to an endcap and says there used to be a stack of games. "They must have chucked them." He said. Really though? Would a store just throw away video games?

I cannot remember the last time I saw a game on clearance at any Target around the Orlando area. I remember the good times years ago, but those days are no longer.

Yea, I was really surprised when I saw so many damn copies there lol
My first reaction was "wtf". Also, notice how there are two different versions. I grabbed one of each
Wowzers that's a lot of copies lol...guess someone found a box of left overs in the back from Black Friday 2016 stock and brought them out lolol, that's even cheaper than their $8 sale that year across all 3 versions.

I haven't seen the LE ones in a long time around here. Was gonna buy the standard edition to gift at this price but apparently they all went oos at the $9.99 range in this area =(

I cannot remember the last time I saw a game on clearance at any Target around the Orlando area. I remember the good times years ago, but those days are no longer.
This reminds me of my theory for trying to find the best clearances when I would travel.

Avoid high population areas, especially with poor neighborhoods with in a 5 mile area. Those stores are mostly stripped clean the moment a sale happens. (use various online sources to determine what might count for "impoverished" in each area. by zipcode of the store)

Avoid certain high class suburbs, where the richest neighborhoods are located, because the product will mostly be out of stock before placed on clearance.

Aim to shop in an area somewhere between the two, and if you have the luxury of shopping in an area that have multiple stores, aim for the store that is the hardest to travel to. (Check to see if one of the stores has less public transportation access, as this can also help increase clearance stock chances.)

Another thing I have found is tourist vacation areas, have some of the best clearances in the off seasons. (mostly fall and winter, depends on each area. (Example Williamsburg, VA has a Target a bit out of the way in the south-west of town, that seems to always have a decent selection in Oct-Nov, it helps that there is no highway access directly near it too.)) Summer sales in these areas are high for video games, but they seem to always be wonderfully overstocked, with clearance in the off season. (The only Target I have had little to no success with, in the off season clearance, was Branson, MO. I'm guessing that because this store is located on the road in and out of town, that they get too much traffic, and there is not another target for miles.)

This reminds me of my theory for trying to find the best clearances when I would travel.
Avoid high population areas, especially with poor neighborhoods with in a 5 mile area. Those stores are mostly stripped clean the moment a sale happens. (use various online sources to determine what might count for "impoverished" in each area. by zipcode of the store)
Avoid certain high class suburbs, where the richest neighborhoods are located, because the product will mostly be out of stock before placed on clearance.
Aim to shop in an area somewhere between the two, and if you have the luxury of shopping in an area that have multiple stores, aim for the store that is the hardest to travel to. (Check to see if one of the stores has less public transportation access, as this can also help increase clearance stock chances.)

Another thing I have found is tourist vacation areas, have some of the best clearances in the off seasons. (mostly fall and winter, depends on each area. (Example Williamsburg, VA has a Target a bit out of the way in the south-west of town, that seems to always have a decent selection in Oct-Nov, it helps that there is no highway access directly near it too.)) Summer sales in these areas are high for video games, but they seem to always be wonderfully overstocked, with clearance in the off season. (The only Target I have had little to no success with, in the off season clearance, was Branson, MO. I'm guessing that because this store is located on the road in and out of town, that they get too much traffic, and there is not another target for miles.)
I get the opposite where I am. The poorer areas always have the deals since no one is willing to go to these stores and people in the area don't know what deals to look out for. Usually this is for items that require more than looking on the shelf for though.

Richer areas are also great for me since people don't care to look for clearance items since they can afford other items. These stores tend to have more of a single item though since they constantly rotate items. Older items in these stores stay in the backroom until they are eventually clearanced out.

The middle ground for me are middle class neighborhoods where you have extreme couponers and deal groups that flood these areas. So for me the best places to get deals are the extremes.

I get the opposite where I am. The poorer areas always have the deals since no one is willing to go to these stores and people in the area don't know what deals to look out for. Usually this is for items that require more than looking on the shelf for though.

Richer areas are also great for me since people don't care to look for clearance items since they can afford other items. These stores tend to have more of a single item though since they constantly rotate items. Older items in these stores stay in the backroom until they are eventually clearanced out.

The middle ground for me are middle class neighborhoods where you have extreme couponers and deal groups that flood these areas. So for me the best places to get deals are the extremes.
The Target's nearest to me are in richer more middle-class areas and are pretty hit or miss, but I have certainly scored some great deals at the two near me. There is a Target somewhat near my work that I will occasionally check out and it is very much in a poor area attached to a shell of a mall with mostly closed shops and a pretty rad arcade. I've never found anything good at this Target though since it is in such a low-income area the clearance area is usually picked clean and the store itself is almost always trashed and unorganized.

It really depends on your area and what your store does with clearance items. YMMV on what your area may have but it isn't as concrete as saying poorer areas don't have clearance items and rich areas do. It varies.

It really depends on your area and what your store does with clearance items. YMMV on what your area may have but it isn't as concrete as saying poorer areas don't have clearance items and rich areas do. It varies.
Yeah, it solely depends on if the management is diligent enough to do their markdowns in a timely fashion. Some stores simply don't care and don't mark anything down, because they have shitbag workers.

In my rich neighborhood Targets you hardly ever find a thing though. Everything is so picked over right when it hits clearance. The employees are dicks too because they are used to dealing with more hoarders and flippers. There is also so much more foot traffic by collectors and people with disposable income.

My 2 cents on the prior debate: area can matter, but my experience, on getting the best clearance items, lies with lower volume stores. Regardless of the area's residents monetary income levels.

Second intentional post:
Found Switch Fire Emblem Warriors SE marked down to $23.98 (marked $55.98/original $79.99) DCPI:207307031

Also, PDP's "Premium Console Case-Zelda Edition" for Switch at $7.48 ($14.99)
This store is going thru a remodel/update. Probably the reason I saw a few Switch games & accessories.And

FEW:SE with Zelda & SMO on sale this past Saturday, hell of a haul on Switch games in 2 days!

FYI, my fellow CAGs! Happy Hunting!

bread's done
Back