Target Clearance Thread XXII

Well known flippers have been banned actually. They just happened to be some of the more active contributors as well.

Unfortunately banning doesn’t help there. A members only deal section needs to be in place. Otherwise flippers can still see everything anyway.

Can a good standing member also be a flipper? Does trade-in flipping count or is it only when you flip from retailer to eBay that bothers you? What about Craigslist to eBay flipping?

I would be happy to sell one of the extra cheap 2ds xls I got to somebody on CAG, but frankly I don't trust somebody on the internet to pay me a measly $10 more when I'm risking a potential charge back of $100.

Can a good standing member also be a flipper? Does trade-in flipping count or is it only when you flip from retailer to eBay that bothers you? What about Craigslist to eBay flipping?
I would be happy to sell one of the extra cheap 2ds xls I got to somebody on CAG, but frankly I don't trust somebody on the internet to pay me a measly $10 more when I'm risking a potential charge back of $100.
I don’t believe in the practice at all.

Here a good example: the walmart $199 Destiny 2 PS4 Pro bundle. There was a store over two hours away that had it in stock. I called to verify. I took a five hour round trip drive and got a console for me and another for my best friend. I could have easily sold it for $500 or so and technically got a free PS4 pro. I didn’t. I value friendships and happiness over money.

To your example, I understand that for total strangers. That’s why I emphasize community. I used to give away a lot of DLC codes and Club Nintendo points back when that was a thing. I could have charged for codes, for not just the code yet my time in collecting them. I just didn’t do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd think that, but not so much these days.
You may think that, but even if people seem like assholes, we can have hearts of gold. Back when Kmart was getting rid of video games, I bought several copies of Sunset Overdrive (back when it was still new and expensive) for $7 and change and sent them to friends and family and to people in a group I was in on Facebook (forgot to mention that, whoops) and only charged them cost and shipping because I wanted to spread the love with people who didn't have one near them.

I’ve helped a lot of CAGS on this page so far. Helped a few people buy the Sea of Thieves Xbox One Controller and grabbed a few gold copies of South Park TFBW and AC:Origins for anyone that needed them. Received a few extra dollars on top. I did it to help others out, hoping someone would do that same. Obviously I would be willing to work out a reasonable offer but threw out an extra $10 on top of everything if someone came across one while hunting games down.

How much is the gold editions of AC going for normally? my target isnt that great for clearance stuff anymore.
I got one for $30 when base game was $30 but the next store I tried had it for $60 even though base game is $39 now. I may try return/rebuy or wait until price drop to price match (if that's even allowed for gold edition).

This isn’t cheap ass flipper. A community is about helping others, not how much money you can make.
[attachment=30186:begging.gif]

This isn't cheapass beggar either...but almost every time there is a really good deal posted all the lurkers pop up with their hands out.

Get out there and do the fucking work to get the deal. If it doesn't happen, then it wasn't meant to be and just move on.

You may think that, but even if people seem like assholes, we can have hearts of gold. Back when Kmart was getting rid of video games, I bought several copies of Sunset Overdrive (back when it was still new and expensive) for $7 and change and sent them to friends and family and only charged them cost and shipping because I wanted to spread the love with people who didn't have one near them.
Examples of helping out friends and family aren't going to help the community, here. I'm not going to say I share the wealth to people online, either, but people who expect others to do so at damn near cost are dillusional. That's the "community" some people want.

Examples of helping out friends and family aren't going to help the community, here. I'm not going to say I share the wealth to people online, either, but people who expect others to do so at damn near cost are dillusional. That's the "community" some people want.
Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean others won't either. I remember a few years ago when Target had the B1G1 50% on clearance games, one guy on here asked everyone for help getting Rise of Nightmares for the 360 Kinect because it was on sale for $4 and I remember seeing at least 7 people, including myself, offering to help to get it for him for cost because all of us had them near us. Yes, it was only $4 but it is the thought that does count in any scenario.

Good things come to good people and having some good karma nowadays goes a long way. I'm not saying everyone should be doing it, but not everyone is about making money on here. A lot of people are just here for deals and enjoying the fact that others are getting in on them too.

It also usually depends on the price drops because I do get it though, a lot of people are indeed on here to make money and it showed when Best Buy sold S8s for $100 and people came out of the woodworks getting that for cost (which i will admit myself is absolutely absurd). I luckliy found someone who was willing to sell one to me for $400 when he could have easily done it for $600+ and I'm using the phone as we speak. The 2DS's aren't that big of a price drop in comparison to the S8 and a lot of people aren't willing to pay a lot extra for that. We are CAG for a reason.

I don't think the argument here is that people don't or shouldn't help each other out. I think the statements are more for those that expect to be helped out.

It's one thing for me to offer to grab you a game for cost plus shipping, it's entirely different for you to ask me to get you a game for cost plus shipping.

I think this difference is what might be confusing people.

I don't think the argument here is that people don't or shouldn't help each other out. I think the statements are more for those that expect to be helped out.

It's one thing for me to offer to grab you a game for cost plus shipping, it's entirely different for you to ask me to get you a game for cost plus shipping.

I think this difference is what might be confusing people.
I agree to this. In the previous thread, we used to see people offering to get people deals for cost which is why people are accustomed to it, which in turn began the asking. I'll admit I am one of them and was criticized for it, but I understand why. Sometimes in this day and age, it doesn't hurt to try, even if you do get comments for it.

People act like time and effort aren't a thing. Gas, shipping and 2 hrs of my time is at least a $40 tax and I think that's low since I would usually charge $20 per hour.

I wish more people would help others out on here, I really do.

At the same time, lurkers have no business asking for at-cost favors either. 

Is it normal for prices to change literally overnight on Brickseek?  Before I went to bed, it showed that one Target had the orange/white 2DS for 75, but just checked after getting up and its now MSRP like all the other Targets.

Is it normal for prices to change literally overnight on Brickseek? Before I went to bed, it showed that one Target had the orange/white 2DS for 75, but just checked after getting up and its now MSRP like all the other Targets.
I got one from a store that kept flipping between $75 and $150 on Brickseek by day and night. It rang up as $150 at Tech, but the app showed $75 for that store, so I got a price match to the app. Brickseek could be using both sources and flipping between latest.

I got one from a store that kept flipping between $75 and $150 on Brickseek by day and night. It rang up as $150 at Tech, but the app showed $75 for that store, so I got a price match to the app. Brickseek could be using both sources and flipping between latest.
You mean the Target app, right? Its showing as MSRP there

The app uses geolocation, so it may show a different price when you're in the store. You'll have to decide whether it's worth driving there to find out.
I selected that location as my "preferred store". I have to run a few errands in a few mins and I might run by there as its not too far out of the way to go by and check.

0 for 2 today. First one did not have the $45 orange 2ds XL in stock, second one did not have the $120 pokeball 2ds xl. But I did find a $20 MvC Infinite steelbook for $20

Has anybody else been getting the same internal server error when trying to search "minecraft" in the Best Buy trade-in page? Last month they were offering more than double the Target clearance price for Minecraft Story Mode on the Switch, but now I just get an error page. I thought maybe it was just me so I logged out and changed my IP and I still get the same message.

Recently seen Sword Art Online Hallow Realization on clearance for $13 in Burlington county NJ. Looks it's only the first drop in price but keep an eye out.

Additionaly, anyone know where clearance has moved in remodeled stores, doesn't seem to be a space now but perhaps I'm blind.

Additionaly, anyone know where clearance has moved in remodeled stores, doesn't seem to be a space now but perhaps I'm blind.
Has there ever really been a designated clearance space? Pretty much every store here has the clearance shelves in completely different areas, and even within the same store, I find I have to hunt for the new clearance area every few months.

Has there ever really been a designated clearance space? Pretty much every store here has the clearance shelves in completely different areas, and even within the same store, I find I have to hunt for the new clearance area every few months.
At least in my experience, with the exception of a single store, game clearance is usually on the end caps of the tech section. However, just went to the recent remodeled store near me and this is none to be found anywhere near there.

Yeah. At the stores here, it is typically in the electronics endcaps somewhere, but the location moves on a regular basis, and I've even occasionally seen it move to the far end of the toy section or another section. I've also seen the clearance endcaps disappear temporarily, with all the clearance games just being marked and left in the cases and normal endcap game shelves.

Also heads up Walmart’s are replacing all there electronics tonight! Was able to get a galaxy s8 for $200 and Samsung 4K MU6300 for $240 40”.

Is this a YMMV or are all of them doing this? I do need to get a new phone and could unlock that S8 to work for Metro PCS I think.
The reset seems to be pretty widespread, and some items, like the TVs have been clearanced pretty consistently. Everything else has been YMMV, at least at the 3 Walmarts by me (compared to what people are reporting on the Walmart clearance thread)

The reset seems to be pretty widespread, and some items, like the TVs have been clearanced pretty consistently. Everything else has been YMMV, at least at the 3 Walmarts by me (compared to what people are reporting on the Walmart clearance thread)
I checked my local Walmarts. Only one about 30 miles away is showing for $299 and there is a limited stock of zero.

Thanks for all the CAGs posting that orange New 2DS XL for $45 was looking for the Pokemon one that was posted but was full price. Then I saw the price drop from $75 for the orange one at a local store. So I went the same day and it rang up as $75 but remember someone here saying to check the price on the app at the store and it showed up as $45 and they adjusted the price for me. They had 6 in stock and the employees said they were going to buy the rest of them so checked brickseek after I left and stock was 0.

FAswo5K.jpg

Congrats headpiece! I don't get this one. Not a single store in 100mi has it at that price. My closest store rarely ever goes past 50% of anymore either.

Just took a look for shits and giggles and Brickseek for the orange nd white 2DS and that same one that listed it as 75 one day and MSRP in store is now listing it as being $45 there.  My luck it goes to MSRP tomorrow on Brickseek and it'll still be MSRP in store...

bread's done
Back