Target Clearance Thread XXII

Sure hope you got that Xbox if not get it for me!!
All the stores around me have it oos. I put it on the off chance that someone finds it around them. Also, I want to chance it and buy it on target.com for the full $320 and see if I can price match it at the store that has it for $90 that's about 10 miles from me. It's not so much the want, but the thrill of seeing if I can do this.

This is probably very remedial for people in this thread but what does it mean if something rings up in store at full price when bs has it listed at clearance?

This is probably very remedial for people in this thread but what does it mean if something rings up in store at full price when bs has it listed at clearance?
Take out your smart phone, connect to store wi-fi, and scan it with the Target app, and that should tell you the true price. BS isn't the source of truth.

Take out your smart phone, connect to store wi-fi, and scan it with the Target app, and that should tell you the true price. BS isn't the source of truth.
I would have but it was a PSVR in a case. The clerk scanned it for me with his belt scanner instead.

Could that potentially be different from a CSR's belt scanner? Sorry for dumb questions, when I'm clearance hunting I usually either don't find the item or it scans correctly so this is a new one to me.

Could that potentially be different from a CSR's belt scanner? Sorry for dumb questions, when I'm clearance hunting I usually either don't find the item or it scans correctly so this is a new one to me.
Make sure they’re scanning it with the red scanning device, not their own smart device: those red scanners will show the correct price in that particular store’s system 99% of the time. The other 1%, you might just be SOL...sorry!

Thanks for pointing this out. I was under the same impression, but it seems they are opening one right next to one of my local GS's in San Diego. Looks like I've a new thread to follow.
The only one opening in San Diego is in Oceanside, which is where I live. Are you in Oceanside too?

Well, I hope that they open them up here too, I have been jealous of the people in Texas for many years. Especially when it comes to LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders, Amiibo, and Disney Infinity deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take out your smart phone, connect to store wi-fi, and scan it with the Target app and that should tell you the true price. BS isn't the source of truth.
I’ve had the app give me a lower price so many times, and then when I try to purchase it, it shows up at a completely different price (way higher). So I’ve learned to never trust the app. The in store scanners have become my best bet.

Ive even showed CS the app price and they’ve always told me that they don’t match the app scanned prices. Target is such a cluster f**k.

Yup. College is my home GS but I take El Camino Real to work in Carlsbad, so I stop at the Vista Way GS a lot too.
Side question: is there anywhere affordable to live in San Diego? I got a job offer in fashion valley, but the earliest I could find an apartment would be August 1st and staying in the cheapest crack motel until then (maybe cause of comic con) would cost me $6,000 I just don’t have on top of moving expenses and first last security pet deposit etc

I’ve had the app give me a lower price so many times, and then when I try to purchase it, it shows up at a completely different price (way higher). So I’ve learned to never trust the app. The in store scanners have become my best bet.

Ive even showed CS the app price and they’ve always told me that they don’t match the app scanned prices. Target is such a cluster f**k.
It’s just so dependent on who you get as your redshirt when you’re trying to get some of these clearance deals...I’ve mentioned this before, but in my personal experience, compared to Walmart, Target is WAYYYYYYYY better to get some of these low prices at simply because the employees seem to care more about helping the customer. It’s been super rare that I’ve received any kind of resistance against getting a lower price if an item is listed as 30%/50%/70% off on Brickseek or via the in-store scanners compared to what the item is physically tagged with: even though I’ve started getting the dreaded “We don’t match clearance prices!” line more and more recently, taking the item to Guest Services usually solves the issue 3/4ths of the time. When it doesn’t, I simply ask “Is it really price matching, though? Seems like it’s just finding the correct price via your own system.” I have yet to be denied a lower price based on BS or Target’s website by using this process: if they scan it with one of their own red handheld scanners and see the lower prices via their own device, they have no reason to deny you the sale.

Side question: is there anywhere affordable to live in San Diego? I got a job offer in fashion valley, but the earliest I could find an apartment would be August 1st and staying in the cheapest crack motel until then (maybe cause of comic con) would cost me $6,000 I just don’t have on top of moving expenses and first last security pet deposit etc
I personally liked my time in la Mesa. Inland enough to be a little cheaper but not too far away from a good amount of amenities. But if your point is to go to the beach a lot (being close), it will be expensive or run down. Probably both

I really liked the trolley system

It’s just so dependent on who you get as your redshirt when you’re trying to get some of these clearance deals...I’ve mentioned this before, but in my personal experience, compared to Walmart, Target is WAYYYYYYYY better to get some of these low prices at simply because the employees seem to care more about helping the customer. It’s been super rare that I’ve received any kind of resistance against getting a lower price if an item is listed as 30%/50%/70% off on Brickseek or via the in-store scanners compared to what the item is physically tagged with: even though I’ve started getting the dreaded “We don’t match clearance prices!” line more and more recently, taking the item to Guest Services usually solves the issue 3/4ths of the time. When it doesn’t, I simply ask “Is it really price matching, though? Seems like it’s just finding the correct price via your own system.” I have yet to be denied a lower price based on BS or Target’s website by using this process: if they scan it with one of their own red handheld scanners and see the lower prices via their own device, they have no reason to deny you the sale.
Unfortunately it’s ususally always the same two people at my local target, and while they’re not rude, they’re pretty set in their ways. It is one of those “city targets” so that could be why. There’s another target 20 minutes away that I’ll start trying if the deal is worth it.

I'll agree with what RKP said above. The father inland you go the cheaper it will be. You can PM me if you want to talk more about what you're looking for.

When looking in the east county. Make sure your place has AC, it is a MUST. Comic Con is def the reasoning for the price increase of the hotel. By next week all hotels will be filled up.

I'll agree with what RKP said above. The father inland you go the cheaper it will be. You can PM me if you want to talk more about what you're looking for.
Nice to see someone on here that lives nearby! And yes, I also agree with Alex and RKP. The more inland you live, the less expensive it is. Fashion Valley is near Mission Valley, which is a centralized location with lots of things to do or places to go in or around the area so it’s going to be a lot pricier having stuff nearby. I’m planning on moving somewhere around San Diego since my job is down there and I’m tired of the traffic and the 40 mile commute to work. I was thinking of La Mesa or Clairemont Mesa, but you really have to do some work trying to find a reasonably priced and decent place to live.

Target has been advertising that this week is their 50% off clearance toys sale, that they always do in July to make room for all the newer toys that they get for Black Friday and the holidays. Has anybody found any good deals on anything? The online prices on the very limited selection aren't much to write home about, unfortunately.

Target has been advertising that this week is their 50% off clearance toys sale, that they always do in July to make room for all the newer toys that they get for Black Friday and the holidays. Has anybody found any good deals on anything? The online prices on the very limited selection aren't much to write home about, unfortunately.
As in 50% off the clearance price or the original price?

I've seen some lego sets marked 50% off the original.

I walked through the toy aisle the other day, and there was so much stuff that it was mostly on the floor around the endcap. I love wasting my hard earned money on toys, but I couldn't sift through all that stuff because I have a bad back (just means that I'm getting too damned old to being collecting toys anyway). But I saw stuff from every area of the toy section.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:30531]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:30532]
Picked up TWO  for $26.98 each (YMMV)

• 207 00 7036 - Nintendo Switch Dock Set at $44.98 (YMMV)

Northridge

8999 Balboa Blvd
Northridge, CA 91325                                                         

In stock
$26.98

As in 50% off the clearance price or the original price?
I've seen some lego sets marked 50% off the original.
The ad is unclear, and the car is getting worked on, so I have no way to check, unless I was to walk three miles in 100+ degree weather. :/

I appreciate the work that gets put into this thread however Im not sure what use it has for the grand majority of us since is YMMV. If you're coming here, then going to Target frequently in mere hopes they'll have the particular clearance game, you're wasting your time.

I appreciate the work that gets put into this thread however Im not sure what use it has for the grand majority of us since is YMMV. If you're coming here, then going to Target frequently in mere hopes they'll have the particular clearance game, you're wasting your time.
I think it depends on what you’re looking for and your situation. For example, if I were to check BS and see those Switch docks at that price, no doubt I’d be going to one of the 3 stores near me to check for them. But if it’s a game that’s still like $15, I’m not specifically going out of my way for it. It does suck how random the markdowns are though.

In the past it was more useful since all Targets seemed to put the same games on the clearance schedule at the same times. Now though it seems highly YMMV (for certain items) with only a handful putting certain items on clearance (like the recently discussed 2DSXLs). That said, I still consider it highly useful as it gives people a general idea of items that have been showing up on clearance and if they are interested they can always check Brickseek to see if their local Targets have the items on clearance (so that cuts down on wasted trips to the store).

In the past it was more useful since all Targets seemed to put the same games on the clearance schedule at the same times. Now though it seems highly YMMV (for certain items) with only a handful putting certain items on clearance (like the recently discussed 2DSXLs). That said, I still consider it highly useful as it gives people a general idea of items that have been showing up on clearance and if they are interested they can always check Brickseek to see if their local Targets have the items on clearance (so that cuts down on wasted trips to the store).
Still kicking myself for missing that one. Would love to have 2DSXL for some games at that price.

Do the clearanced items ever drop back in price?

Still kicking myself for missing that one. Would love to have 2DSXL for some games at that price.

Do the clearanced items ever drop back in price?
almost every target in my area re-stocked the orange/white 2DS XL and bumped prices back up to full MSRP last week

What’s the price? It’s supposed to be quite good...
It's awesome! If you're gonna get it I'd get it from Best Buy though since it does come with the Steelbook (love me a good Steelbook) that's how I got mine like a month ago

Pretty sure what has been going on is most of the clearance items are because Target has been remodeling almost all of its stores on a cycle doing a few at a time in each metro area and moving to the next stores when those are done. So if you have older stores in the area that haven’t been updated yet - it’s quite possible these same items will hit clearance in your area soonish.

If anybody cares, all the Targets seem to be putting the Wrangler jeans on clearance. Every Target I go to has them on clearance in various capacity.

If anyone is still looking for it (I know I am!), Nioh is on clearance for 50% off for $9.98 at some locations. According to Target’s website, the only two stores with it in stock are Phoenix Uptown Camelback, AZ and Wylie, TX.
https://www.target.com/p/nioh-playstation-4/-/A-52001795
Brickseek’s site seems to corroborate that info, cuz I can’t find it anywhere locally.
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0206
If someone decides to grab a copy and there’s an extra one available, would you mind helping out a fellow CAG and getting it for me? I can send some extra dollars your way for the inconvenience or trade you something if you prefer. Please PM me if you’re willing...thanks in advance!

I saw a couple of Targets today that had PS VR bundles (Doom or Skyrim) on clearance for ~$200.
I was just coming to mention this. I just picked up one of each of those for 70% off. The smaller box which was the Doom PS VR bundle (DPCI: 207-33-0039) was $89.98 plus tax, less redcard 5% while the larger boxed Skyrim one was $104.98 (DPCI: 207-33-0038). No idea if these are worth it, but figured for that discount why the hell not give them a shot. I assume these things require a PS4 and/or a smart phone?

Damn. I bought skyrim bundle for 175, now brickseek says 104. Does target retro pricematch like bestbuy? Or does it just depend on which employee you get and luck?

I was just coming to mention this. I just picked up one of each of those for 70% off. The smaller box which was the Doom PS VR bundle (DPCI: 207-33-0039) was $89.98 plus tax, less redcard 5% while the larger boxed Skyrim one was $104.98 (DPCI: 207-33-0038). No idea if these are worth it, but figured for that discount why the hell not give them a shot. I assume these things require a PS4 and/or a smart phone?
Unfortunately, mine show this price but they seem to be bought out now - really wish I could get either of them for that price, because it seems quite worth it and there are a few VR canes I’d like to try.

bread's done
Back