Target Clearance Thread XXII

My Targets have been mostly a dud when it comes to electronics clearance. Its been months since any good games have been found in clearance. I actually stopped my weekly browsing in Target because it was a time-waster for weeks on end. Oh well, saves me money as I don't buy clearance games nearly as much as I used to.

Maybe closer to Christmas time, things will change.

So....just a bit of advice. If you see something you want on clearance at Target even if you're sure of the price, scan the barcode at the ? scanner kiosks or ask an employee to scan it with their zebra because it just MIGHT show up even lower. I decided to buy another one of these blankets: https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=062-02-0754 that I got last month for $19.98. I was wondering why the price on Brickseek never went lower. I managed to find two more at a Target I went to, scanned them, and it came up as $10.04. So the prices on Brickseek aren't always reliable. I found a copy of The Last Guardian for ps4 there too, but they put a sticker over the barcode because it was "As Is" and it's not like I could have peeled it off since it was in a case. They wanted close to 30 bucks for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I have another target that is renovating but they haven't reached the game section yet (they started with the books and TVs first). Does anyone know how long it takes for them to move to different sections(I am thinking of checking this Saturday)? Game section (I am guessing) is next so any suggestions on what to keep an eye out for from other Targets?

Looks like I have another target that is renovating but they haven't reached the game section yet (they started with the books and TVs first). Does anyone know how long it takes for them to move to different sections(I am thinking of checking this Saturday)? Game section (I am guessing) is next so any suggestions on what to keep an eye out for from other Targets?
It's hard to really say. One of my local targets spent about a week on each section, another did the entire store at once, and yet another spent 3 months renovating in big sections. It all depends on the contractors they brought in, the amount of work being done, etc.

As far as what to keep an eye out for - None of the 6 in my area put anything from games on clearance during their renovations.

From my experience with a few local Targets that are currently renovating, most of the clearance happened leading up to the renovation, not during. 

No one prolly cares, but I did get the Farcry 5 Gold Edition with the 35% cartwheel two nights ago for $37.76.  The price has been reduced to $59.99 in stores, but I'm not sure if the SKUs have been merged yet.  Had to get a manual override for the cartwheel.  207-34-1702

20180807_142950.jpg

There's a very strong chance that it will be on sale/cartwheel again soon. 

From my experience with a few local Targets that are currently renovating, most of the clearance happened leading up to the renovation, not during.
Same experience here. I've gone to some of them after renovations have begun, and there is some clearance, but it's pretty paltry compared to what it was beforehand.

EVERY Target around here is getting massive renovations.   The new stores are buzzin too, with their new boutique style shopping displays.  Target is now day care for suburban housewives.

No one prolly cares, but I did get the Farcry 5 Gold Edition with the 35% cartwheel two nights ago for $37.76. The price has been reduced to $59.99 in stores, but I'm not sure if the SKUs have been merged yet. Had to get a manual override for the cartwheel. 207-34-1702

20180807_142950.jpg

My Target still has a few of the Xbone version in stock. Might try a PM + cartwheel next time the offer pops up.

No one prolly cares, but I did get the Farcry 5 Gold Edition with the 35% cartwheel two nights ago for $37.76. The price has been reduced to $59.99 in stores, but I'm not sure if the SKUs have been merged yet. Had to get a manual override for the cartwheel. 207-34-1702

Were the SKU's merged on the PS4 copy or did you need an override?

Decided to get this as it was on clearance. Seems decent but does leak noise a lot as most headphones do. Sound is fine though but l do have better ear buds that are better. [attachment=30688:DSC_0042.JPG]

These deals go out quicker and quicker. Mass knowledge of brickseek and deals sites means no deal for me on clearance items.
in my area the biggest problem are the 'work from home' flippers, the moment a hot deal breaks on BS they go clear all the stores out and turn the items around on offerup for 4x or higher profit, it's getting almost impossible to get in on a hot BS deal unless at the forefront

in my area the biggest problem are the 'work from home' flippers, the moment a hot deal breaks on BS they go clear all the stores out and turn the items around on offerup for 4x or higher profit, it's getting almost impossible to get in on a hot BS deal unless at the forefront
Good thing you are still able to do gamestop "glitches" then complain about flippers

If anyone sees those golds for $30 I’d grab them. They’re great light headphones and if you don’t want them they’d be an easy flip on eBay.

Today Sony announced a new version of the Gold headset coming out next month with the new version of the PS4 Pro, so hopefully they end up on clearance at every Target soon.

Is the new version not LE?
Only the PS4 Pro is. I am pretty sure that the Dualshock 4, the camera, and the headphones are all just the newest version. They only said that the PS4 was a limited edition in the video. The other items will share the translucent blue finish of the console. But, I think they will be widely available.

Yeah idk I was of the impression that the accessories were still a limited run product, not a replacement model

Not a clearance item but Target.com has Red Dead Redemption GOTY Xbox One/360 for $15. Not a bad price for those who want to replay (or play for the first time) it before the new one.

Only the PS4 Pro is. I am pretty sure that the Dualshock 4, the camera, and the headphones are all just the newest version. They only said that the PS4 was a limited edition in the video. The other items will share the translucent blue finish of the console. But, I think they will be widely available.
If they're like the 20th anniversary PS4 accessories, those were also limited and no longer produced.

Not a clearance item but Target.com has Red Dead Redemption GOTY Xbox One/360 for $15. Not a bad price for those who want to replay (or play for the first time) it before the new one.
Saw this price for it in store at Bestbuy as well so interested people get it even cheaper if they still have GCU

This is the first time I've ever seen Target.com with a lower price than Brickseek. Brickseek shows all Targets in my city have the GOTY edition for $19.99. Target.com does show $14.99. No big deal, as Target stores would have to match the online price.

Every Target I walk into has hundreds of the Hello Neighbor plushies on clearance for around $5. Who the hell thought that was a good idea??

A bunch of the clearance toys have now been discounted by 25% more. Might be the last chance before they go to that Goodwill store in the sky. No, I don't have a list. Pro-tip: walk your lazy butt into a Target store and start hand scanning individual items like I did yesterday.

A bunch of the clearance toys have now been discounted by 25% more. Might be the last chance before they go to that Goodwill store in the sky. No, I don't have a list. Pro-tip: walk your lazy butt into a Target store and start hand scanning individual items like I did yesterday.
WOAH, WOAH WOAH....Cowboy!! You're not going to spoon-feed me brickseek links with pictures included? Hard pass on your so called deal then.
tumblr_llobsmXBwP1qejm2wo1_500.gif

Any thoughts on which one's the better headphone?

The JBL E55BT https://www.target.com/p/jbl-e55bt-wireless-around-ear-headphones-black/-/A-52106558

or the Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 https://www.target.com/p/skullcandy-hesh-2-0-bluetooth-headphone-with-mic/-/A-17302817?preselect=16448158#lnk=sametab

Both are on clearance but I don't need two headphones since I already have a pair. I'm thinking the JBL's are better.
I can't speak on the JBL headphones but Skullcandy is really mixed quality. They tend to sound good and are usually comfortable to wear but quality wise the range on their Bluetooth devices is pretty horrible (I had a pair of their Bluetooth earbuds and the distance of my jeans pocket to my ears was too much and they would cut out/get choppy a lot) and their over-ear headphones like this tend to break like clockwork. My nephew has gone through several skullcandy hesh headphones (wired though).

I know this a clearance thread, but there is no Target thread anymore.

Avengers IW is $22.99 Bluray and there is a cartwheel coupon for 10% off all versions of the movie (15% off if you use redcard and cartwheel).

bread's done
Back