Target Clearance Thread XXII

How's the sound quality? I would love a pair of these for the gym? I workout quite often, and my in ear buds constantly fall out of my ears.

Edit: Also, if a store is listed as limited stock, what are the chances that the item is in stock?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I have been using the mx1 version of these headphones for a few years and they have held up well. Have never had an issue with them and have used them with phones, laptops, and TV and it worked perfectly on all of them.

Sound quality wise, the mx1 were already above the Bose QC35s with superior sound but slightly worse noise cancellation. The mx2 version put them with noise cancellation as good as Bose with the still superior sound. New mx3 models are supposed to be the best noise canceling headphones around.

They also have a cool feature where you can cup the right earpad and let in sound from the outside which lets you hear announcements or talk to people without having to take off the headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using the mx1 version of these headphones for a few years and they have held up well. Have never had an issue with them and have used them with phones, laptops, and TV and it worked perfectly on all of them.

Sound quality wise, the mx1 were already above the Bose QC35s with superior sound but slightly worse noise cancellation. The mx2 version put them with noise cancellation as good as Bose with the still superior sound. New mx3 models are supposed to be the best noise canceling headphones around.

They also have a cool feature where you can cup the right earpad and let in sound from the outside which lets you hear announcements or talk to people without having to take off the headphones.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to check out my local store, and see what happens. Thanks!

Do registry 15% off coupons actually work on clearance? It explicitly states it does not work on clearance... but I know sometimes coupons state one thing but then they don’t actually enforce their own rules. Was gonna get a Weber grill, but didn’t want to wheel it all the way up to the front of the store to check.

Black/Turquise 2DS XL is also clearance priced - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-01-7000

ymmv no stores show it in stock but you could get lucky, BS is not authoritative
This time you can believe BS. It updates based on those stores in store information (BS isn't ever wrong, it's the stores internal devices that are, BS just piggybacks off that information). Stores that clearanced these out have no restocked them and have no intention of doing so it seems.

If you happen to RR it, it'll likely show deleted and will be the price before clearance b/c of how long it's been out of the system.

Worth it if you have the time but don't go in expecting to get it for the clearanced price at this month.

One store near me shows $105 but OOS
It might show that but maybe good to check your Target. Two weeks ago, I went to Target and saw the headphones (three of them) each for $245 since it was 30% off. I took a picture for the number and went home. Checked brickseek and it show OOS as well but they were at the store. A week passed by and the price dropped to $175 and I went and grabbed one. It still showed OOS but there was one left at my Target. Seems brickseek was off. It's 50/50 chance though. I like checking brickseek even for items I won't get because I want to know if the inventory is correct, in this case it wasn't.

It might show that but maybe good to check your Target. Two weeks ago, I went to Target and saw the headphones (three of them) each for $245 since it was 30% off. I took a picture for the number and went home. Checked brickseek and it show OOS as well but they were at the store. A week passed by and the price dropped to $175 and I went and grabbed one. It still showed OOS but there was one left at my Target. Seems brickseek was off. It's 50/50 chance though. I like checking brickseek even for items I won't get because I want to know if the inventory is correct, in this case it wasn't.
Yeah, Brickseek is all over the place on inventory accuracy, it shows nendoroids as OOS for months but they were sitting there on the shelf, swooped in when they got deep discounted

I'm starting to not trust BS. It told me a comforter set was 70% off at $26.98 and when I go to the store it's only 50% off at $44.98. I don't even know how they got that price since the store's own scanners say $44.98.

I'm starting to not trust BS. It told me a comforter set was 70% off at $26.98 and when I go to the store it's only 50% off at $44.98. I don't even know how they got that price since the store's own scanners say $44.98.
TBH I have no earthly idea how BS is collecting data, I know the guy who runs it supposedly works or did work 'at' a Walmart, how they're getting this seemingly unlimited access to pricing data at every store in these companies is beyond me unless they're tapping some internal api systems they somehow gained access to, or they are paying someone inside the company to funnel data

Coz BS stands for bullshit lol, what is this brickseek that you speak of, guys?
tenor.gif

Their datas are tapped into the mobile app API, while accurate as it is, it is heavily depended on the employees who tasked to adjust the price. Think of the lower prices you see on Brickseek or in the mobile app as an internal price memo sent out by upper management, let it be from corp, district, region or even specific store manager. The next step would involves specific employees who going around with pricing gun, they have to accept and apply the new prices to applicable items.

Given that comforter at your store already hit 50%, I say give it a few days until they apply the 70% price.

Their datas are tapped into the mobile app API, while accurate as it is, it is heavily depended on the employees who tasked to adjust the price. Think of the lower prices you see on Brickseek or in the mobile app as an internal price memo sent out by upper management, let it be from corp, district, region or even specific store manager. The next step would involves specific employees who going around with pricing gun, they have to accept and apply the new prices to applicable items.

Given that comforter at your store already hit 50%, I say give it a few days until they apply the 70% price.

Yes if it is still only 50% off, check in a few days as the price will drop but the employee just haven't gotten to update the price. Brickseek has worked most of the time for me so I won't blame Brickseek as it does help if I want to get something not in my town.

TBH I have no earthly idea how BS is collecting data, I know the guy who runs it supposedly works or did work 'at' a Walmart, how they're getting this seemingly unlimited access to pricing data at every store in these companies is beyond me unless they're tapping some internal api systems they somehow gained access to, or they are paying someone inside the company to funnel data
All of BS information is directly from retailers piggybacking off their internal websites (desktop site, mobile apps, in store scanners, etc). So the information on scanners work from a website that is only accessible for the most part in those stores. Some of BS information is just mass info from Target, Walmart ,lowes, etc websites that all customers have access to (I.E. Walmart.com). For example on Walmarts website you can check stock of local stores, BS just access that line of code that allows that to happen directly from Walmarts website and runs it multiple times for zip codes in the area to get stock numbers from a certain radius.

Think of it as BS is accessing lines of code and organizing multiple strans of information into one convenient place.

Even with that information, stores still have to manually drop prices (on some items, not all itmems need to be dropped by the pricing team) on items, update inventory count, remove items that are deleted, etc. BS isn't wrong, it's stores that aren't updating as they arrested suppose to.

Hmm. Those WH-1000X headphones are coming up to $104.98 at a Target that's remodeling near me.
For that price it is worth it. It challenges the Bose qc35 in noise cancelling and sound quality is superior to Bose. However, people say the Bose is better in comfort. It retails for $350 and bestbuy has it for $300 still. Like someone earlier said, you can use your hand to swipe the right ear cup up or down for the volume and double tape to pause play music. Swipe forward to go next song or back to go previous song. It works well with my Xperia XZ Premium.

I bought that Logitech g603 mouse at my target. If they go down in price some more from its current 50% off, can I go in and get a price adjustment and some money back?

So this seems like a major score on my end...but now I need a cable modem to pair with it. Any recommendations that won't bust the budget?

The cable modem/router unit that we currently have sucks major balls.

Linksys MAX-STREAM AC2200 Tri-Band MU-MIMO Smart Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (EA8300)

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=056-02-0298

Picked it up tonight for $59.98 (the clearance tag still showed $139.98 but it scanned lower on phone and at the price checker). Saw the same unit for $199.99 at Best Buy right afterwards. 😁

Brickseek showed it oos at the store I got it at too.

I saw Deux Ex for Xbox One for $9 and a Mario Switch carrying case for $8. Passed on both. First gaming related items I've seen on clearance at Target in awhile.

So this seems like a major score on my end...but now I need a cable modem to pair with it. Any recommendations that won't bust the budget?

Linksys MAX-STREAM AC2200 Tri-Band MU-MIMO Smart Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (EA8300)

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=056-02-0298

Picked it up tonight for $59.98 (the clearance tag still showed $139.98 but it scanned lower on phone and at the price checker). Saw the same unit for $199.99 at Best Buy right afterwards.

What top speed is your line? I've got the Surfboard 6183 and haven't had any issues without beyond some ISP problems

The employees just haven't marked the price down yet. At Target it is done manually. Means if you wait some days or a week, it will be that price.

What top speed is your line? I've got the Surfboard 6183 and haven't had any issues without beyond some ISP problems
I believe it's advertised as speeds up to 250mbps. The ruoter I got was overkill (but made sense at that price).

Thanks for the tip.

Is anyone having issues getting in store prices with target app? I just keep getting online. Checking to see if it's just me or if they changed the app

Linksys MAX-STREAM AC2200 Tri-Band MU-MIMO Smart Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (EA8300)https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=056-02-0298
Picked it up tonight for $59.98 (the clearance tag still showed $139.98 but it scanned lower on phone and at the price checker). Saw the same unit for $199.99 at Best Buy right afterwards.
I just got a new router two months ago, after ten years using an older one! Unfortunately I’m having issues with it and have already had to call support for help with it. Got the TP Link Archer C9, and with factory settings my wired internet is slower than wireless and I lose the ability to stream 4K. Also it randomly disconnects/reconnects my wired devices once every hour.

I might hunt for this Linksys you posted about since the one I used for a decade was also a Linksys router, the tried and true WRT54GS. Every single store around that shows it at $60 shows 0 stock though your comment made me hopeful BS may be wrong.

I just got a new router two months ago, after ten years using an older one! Unfortunately I’m having issues with it and have already had to call support for help with it. Got the TP Link Archer C9, and with factory settings my wired internet is slower than wireless and I lose the ability to stream 4K. Also it randomly disconnects/reconnects my wired devices once every hour.

I might hunt for this Linksys you posted about since the one I used for a decade was also a Linksys router, the tried and true WRT54GS. Every single store around that shows it at $60 shows 0 stock though your comment made me hopeful BS may be wrong.
I got that same tp link router a couple of days ago, but haven't hooked it up yet. Are you saying it sucks? Please let me know so I can return it for a better one. Thanks

I got that same tp link router a couple of days ago, but haven't hooked it up yet. Are you saying it sucks? Please let me know so I can return it for a better one. Thanks
As far as wireless, it’s great. My old router was G only. I get much faster speeds wirelessly.

Most of my house is wired, I have cable run to the living room, and a switch set up for Apple TV, PS4, essentially everything is hard wired. And there I found the problem after using it for several weeks. Every hour my LG B7 would say “wired internet connected” with the new C9. Well no shit, it’s plugged in. It’s acting as if someone is unplugging it and plugging it back in. Then I find that on my Apple TV and VUDU apps, 4K wasn’t working and the speed tests were saying my hard wired speed was too slow, yet wireless tested at max speed.

I called TP Link and they had me change several settings, essentially disabling factory options to boost wired connection speed, and by boost I mean give me what I pay for by my ISP. Something I never had to do with a 10 year old G only router.

I am past the return window so I don’t have an option there. I’m not saying I regret buying it so far, though for a mid range router I feel I shouldn’t have to tinker with it and disable factory settings just to get it to work properly when old equipment worked just fine, I upgraded just to get better wireless, not make my hard wired home slower.

As far as wireless, it’s great. My old router was G only. I get much faster speeds wirelessly.

Most of my house is wired, I have cable run to the living room, and a switch set up for Apple TV, PS4, essentially everything is hard wired. And there I found the problem after using it for several weeks. Every hour my LG B7 would say “wired internet connected” with the new C9. Well no shit, it’s plugged in. It’s acting as if someone is unplugging it and plugging it back in. Then I find that on my Apple TV and VUDU apps, 4K wasn’t working and the speed tests were saying my hard wired speed was too slow, yet wireless tested at max speed.

I called TP Link and they had me change several settings, essentially disabling factory options to boost wired connection speed, and by boost I mean give me what I pay for by my ISP. Something I never had to do with a 10 year old G only router.

I am last the return window so I don’t have an option there. I’m not saying I regret buying it so far, though for a mid range router I feel I shouldn’t have to tinker with it and disable factory settings just to get it to work properly when old equipment worked just fine, I upgrading just to get better wireless, not make my hard wired home slower.
Thanks for the response. That sounds terrible. Wired connection is very important to me and after reading your opinion makes me want to return it and get a better one. Thanks again and I hope it gets better for you.

Ps4 media remote, large normal button layout and condensed buttons are 50% off around me at 12.48. No, I don't have a link or sku.

bread's done
Back