Target Clearance Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a casual playthrough, absolutely. Big over the top characters that mesh together well. Draws a lot of inspiration from GI Joe and 80's Saturday morning cartoons (the cut scenes are some of the best parts of the game). Similar playstyle to Saints Row, but when you're starting out you'll feel underpowered with the characters you start with. It's single player, open world, with a linear story, but you always play with a rotating cast of characters (which you choose for the most part), and each character has a niche (melee, tank, sniper, short range, etc.).

The team dynamic is fun once you get the hang of it, but the lack of multiplayer is odd considering the squad you are always rolling with.

If you're a completionist, the game wears out its welcome very fast after the main story finishes. You have to collect 300 shards scattered around the city without any overworld guide (marked on map only if you see it up close), there are easier to find collectibles and side missions as well that must be done that can take awhile, you also have to max level all of the characters, and grind through some dungeon-like areas that are all pretty much the same.

Casual playthrough is probably 20-40 hours, and completionist run is probably around 60-80 hours. Overall, I'd say it stretches $6 pretty far, but you'll be cursing me near the end if you try to complete everything.
Think I'll pick it up tomorrow then. I was concerned about the low scores it got but I enjoyed all of the Saints Row games so if this is similar to that then I'll probably like it.

I'm not a completionist either. I like to finish the main story and side missions and then I'm usually done with a game so collectibles won't bother me lol.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I went to the only Target within 5 miles that BS said had Project Cars 2. I couldn't find any. Ask an employee and his scanner says 6 on hand and he can't find them either. Wtf? They also had a random Dshonored 2 Collector's Edition set for PS4 .

I went to the only Target within 5 miles that BS said had Project Cars 2. I couldn't find any. Ask an employee and his scanner says 6 on hand and he can't find them either. Wtf? They also had a random Dshonored 2 Collector's Edition set for PS4 .
When stuff go on clearance, they don't keep track location anymore. If they are helpful, they would go look in the backroom or ask other employee to see if anyone knows about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

My store has a lost ottoman in it somewhere cause no one can find it and a lady that's worked there for 3 years told me that when they have 1 item on hand and its clearanced out, its basically a glitch in the system. Then again they have 3 volcano xbox controllers on clearance and its not on BS and like 8 ps gold headsets on clearance not on BS either. Who honestly knows at this point. (that ottoman is still staying its in stock but I still haven't seen it in the store)

Picked up Redout (XB1, $5.98), Pure Farming (PS4, $5.98) and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory (PS4, $8.98).

Might go back and get Beast Quest (already had it on PS4) and Earthfall (kind of want it on PS4 instead, which isn't on clearance).

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Agents of Mayhem in my hands yesterday, and I put it back. I've heard fair to middling reviews, but my backlog is ridiculous, I'm still finishing up Spidey and RDR2 comes out in two weeks ...

I picked up Pure Farming 2018 (PS4) for $5.98 and Digimon for $8.95. I also picked up a Sackboy Stubbins for $9 that was on clearance. My store had a few other copies of Digimon and I also saw copies of Extinction and Earth Fall but skipped on them as they were $11.98 and I have not seen anything good about either game. Would have picked them up for $6 though. 

HI,

Not sure where to post this, but I have a Target question.  A while back, Target had a buy 2 get one free special going on and you could preorder Red Dead Redemption 2 as part of the deal.  I remember getting an email from Target when RDR2 was pushed back to this year, but that was it.  When I contact customer support  they can't find the transaction, I didn't keep the emails, and I'm not sure how I paid.  Should I be worried, or will Target send the game.

HI,

Not sure where to post this, but I have a Target question. A while back, Target had a buy 2 get one free special going on and you could preorder Red Dead Redemption 2 as part of the deal. I remember getting an email from Target when RDR2 was pushed back to this year, but that was it. When I contact customer support they can't find the transaction, I didn't keep the emails, and I'm not sure how I paid. Should I be worried, or will Target send the game.
I couldn't say for sure, but I would imagine that you'd get shipped the game still. Depending on how you paid, you could possibly go back and find the transaction through your bank records and contact Target customer service with the information to see what can be done.

Went back to get Project Cars 2 and picked up Dead Alliance X1 207 32 1713 $5.98. Could live with no clearance only to get sporadic massive 70% clearance dumps.

I had Agents of Mayhem in my hands yesterday, and I put it back. I've heard fair to middling reviews, but my backlog is ridiculous, I'm still finishing up Spidey and RDR2 comes out in two weeks ...
You aren’t missing much ... it lacks the relative depth of a Saints Row game while having a big, empty world that you can run and drive through. I would compare it to Crackdown 2 ... cool at first, but gets really old really fast. The best feature of Crackdown 1 was the boss structure where taking out the underlings would weaken the main faction boss. Wish more games would recreate that system. With Agents it’s just middling boss battles, driving and clearing enemies without much depth in between. Oh and you unlock new characters ... but they’re all kind of similar.

Went to my local target (Warwick, PA) when the DualShock 4’s were reduced to $20. BS showed they were in stock, but when I went to check out, it rang up as full price (even though brickseek said $20). Target employee would not help price adjust.

Fast forward to today, I went in for a few of the newly discounted clearance games. Brickseek said they were all in stock and discounted. Upon arriving at the clearance section, none of the games were in sight.

I asked about Digimon, upon retrieval it scanned at full price. Curiously, I scanned another “clearance” game. Skyrim for PS4 (not VR), which rang up as full price.

Scanned 1 or 2 more “clearance” games that were there - all rang up at full price.

I’m not sure if it’s just my luck or if the workers at my local target desire to flip stuff; but I have to say brickseek and my target have not been on the same page at all lately :(

I just want to digi-volve!

Went to my local target (Warwick, PA) when the DualShock 4’s were reduced to $20. BS showed they were in stock, but when I went to check out, it rang up as full price (even though brickseek said $20). Target employee would not help price adjust.

Fast forward to today, I went in for a few of the newly discounted clearance games. Brickseek said they were all in stock and discounted. Upon arriving at the clearance section, none of the games were in sight.

I asked about Digimon, upon retrieval it scanned at full price. Curiously, I scanned another “clearance” game. Skyrim for PS4 (not VR), which rang up as full price.

Scanned 1 or 2 more “clearance” games that were there - all rang up at full price.

I’m not sure if it’s just my luck or if the workers at my local target desire to flip stuff; but I have to say brickseek and my target have not been on the same page at all lately :(

are you looking them up in the target app while at the store?

It might take a while for that specific store to actually drop the price to the Brickseek price. 

I had to wait 2 weeks for one of my Targets to match the Brickseek price

Yes, I’m sorry I’m not sure how to quote specific posts, I’m a newb,

But yes Jurai, I scanned the items via the Target app. The app knew I was in the Warwick PA store. When I left the store and checked the app prices at home, they were cheaper.

And Olengie, thank you for the heads up. That would make sense, as none of the newly discounted games appeared on the floor. It’s probably just a lag in the system, catching up to the new clearance prices.

That being said, when I went in for the special DualShock 4, and couldn’t get the clearance price, the controller ended up selling out within a day or two, at that specific store. Not sure if they were discounted, or just a coincidence.

Thanks all - I don’t post enough, but I do lurk here for good deals, and I appreciate all of you!

Yes, I’m sorry I’m not sure how to quote specific posts, I’m a newb,

But yes Jurai, I scanned the items via the Target app. The app knew I was in the Warwick PA store. When I left the store and checked the app prices at home, they were cheaper.

And Olengie, thank you for the heads up. That would make sense, as none of the newly discounted games appeared on the floor. It’s probably just a lag in the system, catching up to the new clearance prices.

That being said, when I went in for the special DualShock 4, and couldn’t get the clearance price, the controller ended up selling out within a day or two, at that specific store. Not sure if they were discounted, or just a coincidence.

Thanks all - I don’t post enough, but I do lurk here for good deals, and I appreciate all of you!
From the sounds of it, your store seems to have a lousy track of not marking stuff down. Controllers had 3-4 markdowns before getting to $20, no way there's any lag with the system, simply someone not doing their job right. I wouldn't be surprise if the games you are looking for will stay msrp up until salvage day.

These cheap games would get me more excited if Target would stop destroying the back of the cases with their security crap. Oh how badly I need a bunch of blank ps4 cases.

Had a local store show the $8.98 Digimon game as in stock (at that price) on Brickseek. In store it shows $22.49 on the app and scanned at $39.99 on the price scanners that are scattered across the store.

Never seen it show 3 different prices before.

Any opinions on these? Debating on whether or not to grab them or not, particularly the Blu-Ray player so I can keep my PS4 Pro in my office rather than use it as the main entertainment center for the living room.
5d76def5fe075e118823a1dddf078b73.jpeg

Sony Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player UBP-X800 - $299.99 => $149.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=008-06-0042
f178a208226a520441caaf83ae701d9b.jpeg

Linksys Max-Stream AC1900 Mu-Mimo Gigabit Router - $159.99 => $47.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=056-02-0270
a3856060389f2eb367be3b0d28146637.jpeg

Netgear CM500 High Speed Cable Modem - $99.99 => $29.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=056-02-0253

Edit: Fixed incorrect pics and added pricing.

HI,

Not sure where to post this, but I have a Target question. A while back, Target had a buy 2 get one free special going on and you could preorder Red Dead Redemption 2 as part of the deal. I remember getting an email from Target when RDR2 was pushed back to this year, but that was it. When I contact customer support they can't find the transaction, I didn't keep the emails, and I'm not sure how I paid. Should I be worried, or will Target send the game.
Target sent me 2 emails different times stating the date was pushed back. in each email, it would ask you to approve the new date so they can keep your preorder. if not they would cancel it. after reading your post i went to go check my preorder from last year and its currently sitting there waiting to be shipped.

it sounds like your store is just really bad at doing their price change workload.

Any opinions on these? Debating on whether or not to grab them or not, particularly the Blu-Ray player so I can keep my PS4 Pro in my office rather than use it as the main entertainment center for the living room.
I got the tri-band linksys router (model 2200 I think) on clearance from about $60 a few months back. Absolutely love it, if that helps.

it sounds like your store is just really bad at doing their price change workload.
Yuuuup. I went two days ago when the news of those game first broke on here and none of them rang up as such. Next day I decided to check back and they must've applied the clearance prices although nothing was priced as such. Scanned at $5.98 for Project Cars 2 and Agents of Mayhem. Sweet.

Lmfao... so after grabbing all of the games I wanted from clearance and proceeding to pay, there was a guy I assume from loss prevention starring at me. I stare at him back with a wtf do you want look.

Lmfao... so after grabbing all of the games I wanted from clearance and proceeding to pay, there was a guy I assume from loss prevention starring at me. I stare at him back with a wtf do you want look.
You should have finished him with... "Come at me bro!"

I checked on BS yesterday and it said my store had Project Cars 2 for $5.98. I just checked BS this morning and now it is $19.99. Has this happened to anyone else on other items? I have noticed that Walmart does the same thing (increase clearance prices).

I checked on BS yesterday and it said my store had Project Cars 2 for $5.98. I just checked BS this morning and now it is $19.99. Has this happened to anyone else on other items? I have noticed that Walmart does the same thing (increase clearance prices).
Could be salvage day, price went back up to msrp

What is salvage day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clearance stuff will ring up as Item Not Found and pulled from store, typically will be donated to local Goodwill. If you managed to find one stranded somewhere, Target employee may still be able to sell it to you if it has the price sticker. Granted, if it 50% sticker, don't expect any adjustment to 70% off price point.

Got it. Except I don’t think Goodwill gets it.

There are a few places that have popped up in my area that resell stuff I’ve seen on clearance at Target. I think they buy it wholesale on pallets (perhaps at auction).

Under this scenario, it would make sense for Target to revert to MSRP on “Salvage Day”. Then they can tally up all the salvage items and come up with a value for (a) liquidation auction price and (b) inventory valuation for write offs for selling items for a loss.

Or, it could be like my local target that doesn't clearance things like they should, and just lets them sit on the shelf instead of salvaging. Eventually, they go back up to $40-$60 and just sit on an overly-full shelf forever. There is a mint copy of NHL 2013 for ps3 going for $50 right now, I believe.

Or, it could be like my local target that doesn't clearance things like they should, and just lets them sit on the shelf instead of salvaging. Eventually, they go back up to $40-$60 and just sit on an overly-full shelf forever. There is a mint copy of NHL 2013 for ps3 going for $50 right now, I believe.
that's a good price you should pick it up

Question regarding the LG SJ7. I've been using the SJ7 Sound bar for a few days, and I've noticed that the unit will turn itself on and off at random times. I'm not sure if it's picking up a signal from other HDMI connected devices. I'm currently using it in optical mode. I've also updated the firmware. The issue still happens.

Question regarding the LG SJ7. I've been using the SJ7 Sound bar for a few days, and I've noticed that the unit will turn itself on and off at random times. I'm not sure if it's picking up a signal from other HDMI connected devices. I'm currently using it in optical mode. I've also updated the firmware. The issue still happens.

I haven't had any problems like that through Optical, I don't see how it would be finding other devices if you aren't connected over hdmi/arc, it does have an auto poweron mode that you could disable that may be detecting some sort of signal down the optical path and causing it to come on

I haven't had any problems like that through Optical, I don't see how it would be finding other devices if you aren't connected over hdmi/arc, it does have an auto poweron mode that you could disable that may be detecting some sort of signal down the optical path and causing it to come on
I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the advice.

Got it. Except I don’t think Goodwill gets it.

There are a few places that have popped up in my area that resell stuff I’ve seen on clearance at Target. I think they buy it wholesale on pallets (perhaps at auction).

Under this scenario, it would make sense for Target to revert to MSRP on “Salvage Day”. Then they can tally up all the salvage items and come up with a value for (a) liquidation auction price and (b) inventory valuation for write offs for selling items for a loss.

It may not go to Goodwill everywhere, but Goodwill is definitely a prime destination. I’ve picked up multiple products from various departments at Goodwill that still have the Target clearance sticker on them.

The rest of what you wrote seems accurate, though. Better to say you donated $500 worth of games at MSRP than $50 at clearance price.

Yeah, my local Goodwill has hundreds of items with Target clearance stickers still on them, some with 20 or 30 copies of the same item.  They definitely have some sort of deal with Target as far as unloading unwanted product goes.

Not sure if anyone mentioned a while back, but the sku for Ni No Kuni 2 got merged. I just picked up the premium edition for $19 with red card since it's on sale this week. Guess I'll have to beat the first one now.

5d76def5fe075e118823a1dddf078b73.jpeg

Sony Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player UBP-X800 - $299.99 => $149.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=008-06-0042
f178a208226a520441caaf83ae701d9b.jpeg

Linksys Max-Stream AC1900 Mu-Mimo Gigabit Router - $159.99 => $47.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=056-02-0270
a3856060389f2eb367be3b0d28146637.jpeg

Netgear CM500 High Speed Cable Modem - $99.99 => $29.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=056-02-0253

Edit: Fixed incorrect pics and added pricing.
Modem not bad, the others not great. 4k players regularly go on sale under 100, and I got a nearly same router(1750) for 50 earlier this year on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back