Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Was able to pick up :pc: The Evil Within, :ps4: Dragon Quest: Heroes II and :ps4: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT as a part of their current B2G1 free offer...unfortunately, wasn't the steelbook edition of DFFNT, but still happy to pick up all three games for under $24.

You always can never what you will find at . Can’t wait until other oldies are there like Sunset Overdrive or Tekken 7
Please forgive me...I tried to use context clues, but I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here. :xb1: Sunset Overdrive was on clearance a while back (early 2017, I believe), but I don't think Tekken 7 has hit clearance prices yet. It's still pretty new and (I believe) still being currently supported by Bandai Namco, so I doubt it'd bottom out price-wise anytime soon.

Link dump #3. Again, all credit to original posters.
:xb1:
A Way Out - $29.99 => $8.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1807
Super Lucky’s Tale - $19.99 => $5.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-0273
Couldn't find A Way Out at my one local store that Brickseek and Target.com said had it (clerk said several people had asked and he couldn't find it) but I did find Super Lucky's Tale despite it being listed out of stock. It wasn't marked as clearance in any way. Thank you!

My local Target unearthed a few copies Far Cry Primal (PS4), tag said 11.98 (70% off)

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
This must be PS4 only. I ran an Xbox One copy under a price scanner and it came up as $39.99.

Strangely, Sonic Mania Plus said "item not found" when I tried the scanner, though when an employee used their mobile app, it came up as $29.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was out yesterday dropping the kids to visit the rents on the way back stopped in and picked up

Don't Starve Mega $8.98
Gravel $8.98
No Way Out $8.98
Super Lucky's Tale $5.98
All Xbox One
And a copy of DWH 2 PS4 for $10
Was very happy

Was out yesterday dropping the kids to visit the rents on the way back stopped in and picked up

Don't Starve Mega $8.98
Gravel $8.98
No Way Out $8.98
Super Lucky's Tale $5.98
All Xbox One
And a copy of DWH 2 PS4 for $10
Was very happy
You dont have a Gravel dcpi? I think my store used to have one on clearance but I was always interested in it.

I think I picked up my PS3 on clearance at Target in like 2016, I'd check back in the thread in like 2022 or so
It wasn't clearance, but I bought my PS3 from Target in "as-is" condition for just under $200 back in 2016. Other than the outer box being a little beat up, it was brand new: all of the cables, documentation and games were present and accounted for, including Lego Batman 3 and the Sly Cooper collection (digital code). I was (and still am) quite happy with that purchase.

It wasn't clearance, but I bought my PS3 from Target in "as-is" condition for just under $200 back in 2016. Other than the outer box being a little beat up, it was brand new: all of the cables, documentation and games were present and accounted for, including Lego Batman 3 and the Sly Cooper collection (digital code). I was (and still am) quite happy with that purchase.
nice, thats not a bad deal PS3s never really got cheap, I got lucky and got an actual slim 12GB one (lol) on clearance for $60. Those were the days....

You're taking me back...

Before the great Kmart electronics purge, I stopped in a random store during a road trip and saw a Need for Speed bundle tagged with a yellow clearance sticker for around $150 or so. I asked to price check it just for the hell of it and it rang up $100. Bought it on the spot.

68-110-104-02.jpg

Now it just sits in my attic...

You're taking me back...

Before the great Kmart electronics purge, I stopped in a random store during a road trip and saw a Need for Speed bundle tagged with a yellow clearance sticker for around $150 or so. I asked to price check it just for the hell of it and it rang up $100. Bought it on the spot.

68-110-104-02.jpg

Now it just sits in my attic...
Ahhhh…. Kmart clearance... I remember getting a PSP for $25.

Sears getting rid of its games and tech section was a great month. Have a ton of sealed late PS3 Hd remasters and trilogy bundles like Killzone Resistance FlowerJourney Ratchet Jack with $10 stickers on em.

Ahhhh…. Kmart clearance... I remember getting a PSP for $25.

Yeah, I grabbed a white Assassin’s Creed PSP 3000 bundle to use side by side with my launch 1000 model. Speaking of, you reminded me... my launch model’s battery is perfect find the 3000 models battery expended inside it only after a couple years and it’s toast now. I’ve been looking for a new battery and can’t find one today.

Sears getting rid of its games and tech section was a great month. Have a ton of sealed late PS3 Hd remasters and trilogy bundles like Killzone Resistance FlowerJourney Ratchet Jack with $10 stickers on em.
Oh yeah those were the days. Big lots 90% sales too! Right now I have about 25 Xbox 360 games sealed and countless PS3 games sealed. Who knows, maybe they’ll make me a millionaire one day? Hah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in for the nostalgia.

I picked up a full rock band set from sears for 4.97 back in 2009.

Countless games for .97 - 2.97 over the sears years.

Still wish I was a CAG from 03-08. Some of the circuit city deals I hear about sounded insane. Would have probably cleaned every GameStop in my area out when they were getting rid of ps1 / Dreamcast / n64 titles.

Ah, nostalgia.

1. I was very thankful to take full advantage of the 12GB PS3 clearance at Target a few years back - picked up the four remaining systems that they had for $60 each.  Since that time, both of our PS3s that we use as family BD players went belly up and I was easily able to swap in the replacement systems.  To boot, I still have 2 left for a rainy day - at that cost, it was too good to pass up. 

2. I think my all-time best find was probably the copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC) that I picked up from Gamestop when they were doing their preowned GC mass-clearance (90% off).  A few days into the clearance prices going live, I had the idea to search a neighboring metro area for the FE:poR game, as mine was OOS.  When the sale started, that metro was OOS, too...but someone must have come into the store and sold a copy.  I contacted the store and they were willing (as was often the practice in those days) to do a store-to-store transfer of the item at no cost and that it would be at my location in 5-7 business days.  When I went to pick it up, I was happy to be getting a copy for $4.99 + tax.  Expecting it to be dog-eared and in rough shape, I was even more pleasantly surprised to find that it was near mint, with a complete instruction manual, case, and pack-ins - including an used Club Nintendo code!

buying a game just because it skyrockets in value later really gets people off around here. 

I get excited when I find something on steep clearance with frontloaded value; something expensive that I needed or was already considering buying at its regular price.  Those are the best finds.

Even something as small as when I go to Target to buy Kickstarts, they are on sale for $.99 and then there happens to be a 25% off cartwheel stacked on top of it too. 

buying a game just because it skyrockets in value later really gets people off around here.

I get excited when I find something on steep clearance with frontloaded value; something expensive that I needed or was already considering buying at its regular price. Those are the best finds.

Even something as small as when I go to Target to buy Kickstarts, they are on sale for $.99 and then there happens to be a 25% off cartwheel stacked on top of it too.
I'm not entirely sure that this post was directed at me, but what the heck - I'll respond anyway.

Both of the finds that I described were items that were either needed by my household (PS3s that were starting to go on the fritz, only to later 100% die) or games I intended to play (FE:poR). A deal is only a deal if you were planning to spend money on it anyway. Were I to list all of the 'deals' that I find, but don't bite on...I'd have to list far more than two line items. As a general rule, video games are not exactly a stable (or recommended) method for financial investment. Far too often, reprints, remakes, and changes in perception/popularity provide too much market volatility for consistent, long-standing returns.

If/when you find yourself in a situation where a game you own is valuable (read: SNES Chrono Trigger that I played to death as a kid), it's up to you on whether or not you want to sell it. I personally decided to sell my Chrono Trigger copy back in 2014(?) since its battery still worked and to change it out WHEN it died would reduce its value. That, and I could still play the game on the DS rerelease (despite its lower audio quality, blah blah, etc.).

oh the best clearance deal last year was that Shark vacuum for $82.  I was in dire need of a good, new vacuum at the time and now I use that thing multiple times a week.  It's so easy and convenient without a cord, you just pick it up and run it over the spilled popcorn or whatever for a few seconds.

oh the best clearance deal last year was that Shark vacuum for $82. I was in dire need of a good, new vacuum at the time and now I use that thing multiple times a week. It's so easy and convenient without a cord, you just pick it up and run it over the spilled popcorn or whatever for a few seconds.

I got that one too! I use it several times a week. Love the damn thing, though the run time vs charge time is horrible.

I'm not entirely sure that this post was directed at me, but what the heck - I'll respond anyway.

Both of the finds that I described were items that were either needed by my household (PS3s that were starting to go on the fritz, only to later 100% die) or games I intended to play (FE:poR). A deal is only a deal if you were planning to spend money on it anyway. Were I to list all of the 'deals' that I find, but don't bite on...I'd have to list far more than two line items. As a general rule, video games are not exactly a stable (or recommended) method for financial investment. Far too often, reprints, remakes, and changes in perception/popularity provide too much market volatility for consistent, long-standing returns.

If/when you find yourself in a situation where a game you own is valuable (read: SNES Chrono Trigger that I played to death as a kid), it's up to you on whether or not you want to sell it. I personally decided to sell my Chrono Trigger copy back in 2014(?) since its battery still worked and to change it out WHEN it died would reduce its value. That, and I could still play the game on the DS rerelease (despite its lower audio quality, blah blah, etc.).
That's a good point about Chrono Trigger. I should probably look into selling mine then

Thank you posole. I honestly don't see the appeal of these mini arcade cabinets. I wouldn't buy one at 70% off. They look like an arcade machine for ants, and so uncomfortable for any adult to even try to play it. I've much rather play either a real machine or a ROM.

Thank you posole. I honestly don't see the appeal of these mini arcade cabinets. I wouldn't buy one at 70% off. They look like an arcade machine for ants, and so uncomfortable for any adult to even try to play it. I've much rather play either a real machine or a ROM.
I'm just on the side of being too young to have any real nostalgia for arcades, but they strike me as an item for people with room in a garage that would have bought a real cabinet years ago ... except they're lower-quality versions, and cheaper despite the fact that people in the market for the "real" cabinets probably care enough to sustain the $1K+ prices and people who would never have bought an arcade cabinet in the first place (the ROM-savvy, etc.) aren't buying these for $175 or $350. So color me as puzzled as you are.

As is they are not too great plus you'll likely run into QC issues and have to deal with customer service. These only have 90 warranty.

I bought one and put in a Pi with RetroPie and custom control deck with 2 player setup. Ultimately I'm just using the shell with the screen, but i paid $180 which included price of riser. Probably could have built one and found cheap used monitor for less money.

The nice thing about the size with these is that they are easy to move around due to size and weight.

If i had more space and wanted to spend the money i would get the arcade that Micro Center sells.

The appeal is that they are cheap and weight nothing. It's more of a decoration piece with usable functionality.

It's aimed at a casual crowd that like to play it for 20 minutes when guests are over.

It's not for tournament play nor daily gaming of hours on end.
I wouldn't mind having a couple cabinets to decorate my bar in my home like a fake private home arcade.

Buying four old arcade cabinets would be a maintenance chore, a pain to move, and cost in the thousands.
I'd rather play arcade perfect ports with an arcade stick off my ps4 or PC on the big screen tv & couch.

I fully plan to build a home theater in the basement of a future house, complete with a few arcade cabinets (MvC2 and Gauntlet Dark Legacy at the top of the list). These things should go firesale one day and I might pick one up if they hit $50 or less just for fun.

They're not on clearance, but I noticed that they were selling Raspberry Pi kits at Target now.
A while ago, one store had them listed for $10.49 or something like that. They were immediately OOS. I'm surprised Target is selling those to be honest. I though you had to buy them directly from a website like Newegg.

I fully plan to build a home theater in the basement of a future house, complete with a few arcade cabinets (MvC2 and Gauntlet Dark Legacy at the top of the list). These things should go firesale one day and I might pick one up if they hit $50 or less just for fun.
Wave 2 with Final Fight, Space Invaders, Mortal Kombat, Golden Tee, and Karate Champ will be released later this year. I believe Final Fight is first with other following. They are also releasing smaller bartop variants, but the screens are around the size of a tablet and also releasing wallcades, I think they are expected to retail from $150-200.

I suspect that most of wave 1, excluding Street Fighter 2 since that apparently is one of the better sellers, will be discontinued, so more clearance should be coming in the coming weeks.

I saw the Astroids cabinet at my local Target a few weeks back for $120 and passed. Almost impulsed bought it because it was so cheap and then I realized if I do buy one of the Arcade 1Ups that one would literally be the last one I'd ever want. If I saw Street Fighter 2 for $150 or less though I'd buy that. 

Good luck to those who decided to buy an arcade. As others have commented, QC is aweful. I'm told I have to wait 4-6 weeks for a new board for my rampage cab because buttons don't work. That's half the warranty time. They were broken out of the box.

Just seems silly unless these would have 10-20 games on them.  At that point I could MAYBE see this but even then...don't know the point unless they're decent quality.  I mean, to each their own and even though small could easily build or buy a stand, even then though...

Good luck to those who decided to buy an arcade. As others have commented, QC is aweful. I'm told I have to wait 4-6 weeks for a new board for my rampage cab because buttons don't work. That's half the warranty time. They were broken out of the box.
I've heard that as well. That's why I'd only buy one on the cheap if I do end up getting one I'll probably end up modding it anyway and for around $150 or less the cabinet and screen are worth it alone for that.

I saw the Astroids cabinet at my local Target a few weeks back for $120 and passed. Almost impulsed bought it because it was so cheap and then I realized if I do buy one of the Arcade 1Ups that one would literally be the last one I'd ever want. If I saw Street Fighter 2 for $150 or less though I'd buy that.
yeah the SF2 one would probably be my pick especially from the perspective that it's already set up for 6 button inputs etc if you were gonna repurpose it

Count me in for the nostalgia.

I picked up a full rock band set from sears for 4.97 back in 2009.

Countless games for .97 - 2.97 over the sears years.

Still wish I was a CAG from 03-08. Some of the circuit city deals I hear about sounded insane. Would have probably cleaned every GameStop in my area out when they were getting rid of ps1 / Dreamcast / n64 titles.
Circuit City. In 2007 or so they ran a B2G1 on video games - seems pretty straightforward, right? Well, the third title to be rung up became the free one. You had people buying two $4.99 games and getting a $49.99 game for free.

I was only able to pull this off once at my local CC before they caught on but many CAGers were reaping the benefits (along with some accomplice CC employees who were more than happy to ring the games up in a certain way).

I've heard that as well. That's why I'd only buy one on the cheap if I do end up getting one I'll probably end up modding it anyway and for around $150 or less the cabinet and screen are worth it alone for that.
That's a weird way to spell "I'll leave in the corner of my garage until I die."

bread's done
Back