Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Wwe 2k18 for switch seems to have disappeared from brickseek at target

A shame cause I used to see em on clearance everywhere like two months ago and would’ve been a great trade to GameStop

My target had all stuff marked as 50% off for Easter, but it all rang up as 30% off, and there was no manager to change it, so we just took the 30% off. I was planning to get some blind bag figures in plastic easter eggs, but even after the savings, they were two or three dollars, and I can wait.

Wwe 2k18 for switch seems to have disappeared from brickseek at target

A shame cause I used to see em on clearance everywhere like two months ago and would’ve been a great trade to GameStop
so long, farewell
auf wiedersehen goodbye

Same for me at the Target a mile from my job...this was just a small sampling of the Easter goodies that were on 50% off clearance:
9b1784d3b25970442584f774de3e4d71.jpg
no idea what this is, but here we are on Wednesday and my Target is still holding at 30% off Easter candy.

As Zantra pointed out in his weekly Cartwheel thread, there's currently a 50% off coupon for Super Bomberman R for PS4/XB1/NS. If you feel like trying to test the mileage you're getting at your local Target, you can attempt to price match at Walmart for the PS4 version $19.99, and/or at WM/Amazon for the Switch version for $31.97. You can then try to use the Cartwheel to get the game for $10/$16. It should be noted that WM is currently OOS online for the Switch version, so that probably won't work unless the redshirt doesn't notice/care, but Amazon is supposedly getting more in stock by tomorrow, so they might PM if they're feeling generous. As always, YMMV...the Cartwheel coupon says it's good for another three days, so you might want to just wait until tomorrow and try since there doesn't seem to be a high demand for this game and stock is plentiful (around me, at least).

EDIT - There's also a 30% off Cartwheel for :ps4: Zone of the Enders 2, which would get it down to about $14 based on Target's $19.99 website price. Couldn't find any of their competitors selling it for cheaper to attempt the PM + CW, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to find a copy of adventure time for Xbox or ps4 but not available in store. It was $8.98 for Xbox and ps4.
The Xbox version is OOS all around me for over 50 miles in every direction, but there's a Target that's supposed to have multiple copies for the PS4 that's about 15 miles from my parents' house, who I plan to visit tomorrow after work. If they are indeed there, would you like me to pick you up one?

The Xbox version is OOS all around me for over 50 miles in every direction, but there's a Target that's supposed to have multiple copies for the PS4 that's about 15 miles from my parents' house, who I plan to visit tomorrow after work. If they are indeed there, would you like me to pick you up one?
That's ok, thank you for the offer and very kind of you. adventure time was free on xbox live gold recently.

Saw Easter candy is also 50% off. I lucked out a week after Valentine's Day and found a few dozen fun size bags of Reese's white creme peanut butter hearts and a few boxes of Fun Dip at 90% off, about $0.34 each. Reese's was still pretty good even for something different.

Super Bomberman R was offered with Games With Gold back in February.

i just learned that if you do store pickup, you can apply cartwheel offers. this is so much better than trying to get them to match the .com price in store.

Easter candy went to 70% off. Usually there is not much left worth buying when it gets to that discount level but there was a surprisingly good selection there (I know that varies by store). M&M's, Kit Kats, Twix, Hershey's chocolate eggs etc. Almost everything was $1 a bag or less with the double Red Card discounts (extra 5% off clearance).

Anyone played this?
It's a toys to life game like Skylanders, very repetitive. They dropped the figures, and plan to add a bunch of digital only dlc down the line. They are adding a $12 dlc that comes out soon, along with some new digital pilots and ships that you have to pay for. You're better off buying the digital deluxe version, that comes with everything.

This is a long shot, but if anybody finds this vinyl soundtrack at a Target, I'll pay you $30 paypal for it.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=244-50-4176

It's been on the market and reissued 3 times, but never bought it and now that I finally have a turntable It's sold out everywhere, even Amoeba Music has it sold out.
Bull Moose appears to have it in-stock for $30 right now: https://www.bullmoose.com/p/23306333/perfect-blue-soundtrack-masahiro-ikumi-lp

Last night was a good one for me...ended up stopping by the Woodland Hills, CA Target after work to search for the :pS4: Super Bomberman game to try to PM and use the 50% off Cartwheel coupon. Came out with a pretty decent haul:
e6c1d8d3360ad922fa34303f398b3122.jpg

This Target had not one, but two endcaps filled to the brim with video games, mixing clearance, value and current titles all together. :Switch: Attack On Titan 2 and :pS4: Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Premium Edition showed no stock in BrickSeek, but :pS4: Adventure Time, Super Bomberman and Zone of the Enders all did. The electronics rep had to pull the last two from the back, but he did so quickly and kindly. AOT2 rang up as $17.98 and Adventure Time rang up $8.98, as expected. Ni No Kuni II had apparently merged with the standard Day One version, so the Premium Edition rang up as $19.99. Went to Guest Services to PM the last two (as instructed by the electronics rep) and was able to get Bomberman down from $39.99 to $23.24 as well as ZotE from $29.99 to $19.99: thanks to Cartwheel, ended up paying $11.62 and $13.99 for each, respectively. Less than $75 out the door for all five games? Not too bad at all...I’ve gotta visit this Target more often! It’s a little out of my way, but no other store I’ve been to still has just the sheer amount of stock that this one does. Heck, they still had sealed copies of :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 and multiple steelbooks for both PS4 and XB1 for The Crew, Assassin’s Creed and a bunch of others...too bad those were all still ringing up full price.

Awesome haul. I'd love to find an Attack on Titan 2 preferably for Switch, but would also take the PS4 version for the price. Only store near me that has it though is over an hour away and at that point it's basically a $30+ game after gas and time spent to go get it. 

Any updates on Easter Clearance? I was hoping that they would be up to at least 70 percent by now, but I can't go in until later tonight after work. Trying to figure out if it's even worth bothering yet. When I went a few days ago, our store still had three aisles packed with stuff.

Awesome haul. I'd love to find an Attack on Titan 2 preferably for Switch, but would also take the PS4 version for the price. Only store near me that has it though is over an hour away and at that point it's basically a $30+ game after gas and time spent to go get it.
Unfortunately, the :switch: version of AOT2 is sold out for over 300 miles around me, according to both BS and Target's website. However, BrickSeek is showing one store about a 10 minute drive from my home as having limited stock (though the price is showing as N.A.)...if it rings up as the last clearance price (or I can get them to match it for $18 somewhere), would you like me to grab it for you?

Any updates on Easter Clearance? I was hoping that they would be up to at least 70 percent by now, but I can't go in until later tonight after work. Trying to figure out if it's even worth bothering yet. When I went a few days ago, our store still had three aisles packed with stuff.
It went to 70% off at the Target I was at yesterday.

Still 50% by me.

Thanks for the updates guys. My store only gave me 30% off last time despite being marked for 50% off, so I'm hesitant to go in, but I also don't want to miss out on cheap stuff.

Nice haul.  Congrats on finding all of those.  Like I said before brick seek is hit or miss on in stock listings as I've went to target and found numerous items that they said were out of stock during the 5$ 3ds game sale way back.

This is a long shot, but if anybody finds this vinyl soundtrack at a Target, I'll pay you $30 paypal for it.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=244-50-4176

It's been on the market and reissued 3 times, but never bought it and now that I finally have a turntable It's sold out everywhere, even Amoeba Music has it sold out.
Sorry no dice here. I remember when that came out on VHS, back when I had no idea what was good from anime and bought it on a whim. Couldn't appreciate it back then so I need to eventually pick it up once it's on BD, which happened already or is to be soon from what I remember hearing.

Candy is 90% off at my local Target. Time to stock up on starburst jellybeans for the year.

Sorry no dice here. I remember when that came out on VHS, back when I had no idea what was good from anime and bought it on a whim. Couldn't appreciate it back then so I need to eventually pick it up once it's on BD, which happened already or is to be soon from what I remember hearing.
Yep it was released at the end of March from Shout Factory. It has DNR applied to it, but I would say the best example of it being used as line detail remains intact and some digital artifacts have been removed.

Nice haul. Congrats on finding all of those. Like I said before brick seek is hit or miss on in stock listings as I've went to target and found numerous items that they said were out of stock during the 5$ 3ds game sale way back.
Oh, this one Target I went to absolutely infuriated me during that sale: I asked for a rain check since all of the titles I wanted were out of stock, but the electronics rep went on a whiny tirade about how the 3DS was ending its lifespan and processing a rain check would be so much paperwork for him and it wasn’t worth it because they wouldn’t get anymore of the games in stock since the $5 sale was “burning the last of the inventory.” I was flabbergasted, but I made sure to let Guest Services know how lazy and unprofessional the rep was being on my way out. Obviously, dude was lying as all of the Targets I stepped foot into over the next month had more stock of almost all of those $5 games in two weeks or less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah targets were taking games off the sales floor during that sale I remember reading only of them to pop right back up after.

Yeah targets were taking games off the sales floor during that sale I remember reading only of them to pop right back up after.
Yep. People called me a conspiracy theorist when that was happening. I confirmed it with the two closest targets near me. When that $5 sale started, all of the 3DS games disappeared. Sunday morning, the day after the sale, stocked shelves.

Yep. People called me a conspiracy theorist when that was happening. I confirmed it with the two closest targets near me. When that $5 sale started, all of the 3DS games disappeared. Sunday morning, the day after the sale, stocked shelves.
If I hadn’t had a family emergency that day and had to leave immediately, I would have demanded the rain check and then would have made a huge deal about it when I came back with said rain check to buy the games that had suddenly emerged back in stock. I’m a skeptic, not a cynic: I question things, but show me proof and I’ll shut up about it. Shit like that, though, really ticks me off because it makes the vendor seem like they have something to hide and don’t want their consumers to get the best deal possible.

It kills me how certain associates cockblock customers on deals like this, as if their pay and/or employment would be affected by Joe CAG getting a $5 copy of a 7-year-old Mario game.

I get hiding stock and buying it yourself while on break. I don't approve of it - God no - but there's at least a point, selfish and childish as it may be. But like, what's the point of taking games off the shelf during a chainwide sale and then putting them back out after the sale? It isn't laziness, since it's more work to hide them than let 'em sell; and it isn't just greed, because they weren't bought. Frankly, it seems like spite is the motivating factor, and associates who pull that (SHAQ-FU) really need to find a new line of work.

That was the same day as the $50 Pokemon Let's Go Eevee bubdle for $50. The store I got mine had 10 copies but all in the back.

This game is 2 months old. Give me a good reason why you took these off the shelves and put them in the back.

Stopped by at Marshalls next to Target and I was surprised they sell video games and accessories there lol.

Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY $8

Xbox 360 / PS4 / PC Gaming Headset $20

PC Gaming Keyboard, Mouse $13 

IMG-0697.jpg
IMG-0699.jpg
IMG-0700.jpg
IMG-0702.jpg

Stopped by at Marshalls next to Target and I was surprised they sell video games and accessories there lol.

Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY $8

Xbox 360 / PS4 / PC Gaming Headset $20

PC Gaming Keyboard, Mouse $13

IMG-0697.jpg
IMG-0699.jpg
IMG-0700.jpg
IMG-0702.jpg
After you said it was next to Target I'd assume they just gave them what they couldn't sell.

I would just order from Bull Moose if you still want it. While I have never ordered vinyl from them before, that is their specialty so I imagine they pack and ship it very carefully. Shipping should be free too.
Thanks man. I just ordered it. I had never heard of them before and got it for a few bucks cheaper too. I ordered the disc on Amazon at the beginning of the month and it's still pending.

Thanks man. I just ordered it. I had never heard of them before and got it for a few bucks cheaper too. I ordered the disc on Amazon at the beginning of the month and it's still pending.
You’re safe with Bull Moose, I’ve ordered a good number of records from them over the years.

bread's done
Back