Target Clearance Thread XXIV

My Target recently cut our game sections down to one aisle, so I am hopeful that a lot of games will hit clearance soon. One side is Switch, 3DS, and PC games. The other side is half Xbox 360/One and half PS3/4.

Just now getting a chance to post this, so it might be too late, and perhaps YMMV, but ...

My Target was doing 90% off original price on patio furniture, outdoor rugs, etc yesterday in preparation for a new seasonal display.

The items had clearance stickers that showed far more than the actual discounted price, and the cashiers had to override the POS, so that leads me to believe this may be a one-off sitch.

Still wouldn't hurt to look though. I got a five-piece patio set and then four other patio chairs for $105.
That was a killer deal! Nice going!

Target has some seriously fuck internal pricing problems. I often can't go a week without finding an endcap that has sale prices thrown over the regular shelf tag, only to see that the "sale" price is exactly the same as the regular price. They do this often on endcaps.

I don't know if they're trying to pull a fast one or they just have one messed up idea of what a "sale" means.

That was a killer deal! Nice going!
Target has some seriously fuck internal pricing problems. I often can't go a week without finding an endcap that has sale prices thrown over the regular shelf tag, only to see that the "sale" price is exactly the same as the regular price. They do this often on endcaps.
I don't know if they're trying to pull a fast one or they just have one messed up idea of what a "sale" means.
Yeah, that was a crazy lunch hour of getting the wife to the store with the van. If we had more time and room, I would've gone nucking futs on outdoor rugs and whatnot.

Found last night:

Wedding Bowser Amiibo, $6.48

207-03-4077

I also saw a Wedding Mario but don't remember the price/didn't take a pic of the DCPI.

Haven’t kept up with this thread in awhile but found classic nes & 2ds on clearance at my local targets.
Sorry if old![attachment=32411:B3C1CC4C-D00F-4A0E-8DD4-FEE3618DF661.jpeg][attachment=32412:BFAE54FA-CC50-4513-BADA-A42009581A93.jpeg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Online item means someone bought it online, returned it to the store, and they marked a discount before putting it on the shelf.
While that is most likely true most of the time, my local target tends to mark many of its clearance items as online items.
I doubt someone is returning stacks of online orders of 2ds, classic nes & phone cases etc. at my target.

While that is most likely true most of the time, my local target tends to mark many of its clearance items as online items.
I doubt someone is returning stacks of online orders of 2ds, classic nes & phone cases etc. at my target.
Agreed there. if it was just one or 3 that would be within reason but there's too many for it to be coincidental.

Very true. I believe online item tags also do not get reduced typically. I know many Targets that only stock online, as-is, and repackage items exclusively and the price does not budge.

Perhaps, but it's just as unlikely at this point you'd have that many to clearance out either (as for the 2DS's anyway). May want to bring it to your store's attention either way, as others have said, online items (probably) won't get discounted or reduced correctly.

I've noticed my local Target seems to have a lot more "Online" and "AS-IS" tags recently in the past couple of months. Could be a clever method for management to discount items while bucking the routine percentage dips traditional clearance items experience.

I've noticed my local Target seems to have a lot more "Online" and "AS-IS" tags recently in the past couple of months. Could be a clever method for management to discount items while bucking the routine percentage dips traditional clearance items experience.
My local stores have been doing this for three years or so now. Certain types of items that hit clearance always get these tags instead at 25% and stay there for a year or two before getting another discount. Very few games here get regular clearance anymore. Games from when they just started doing this just got down to 70% off about four months ago.

Watch it be 1 Online Item in front of a stack of normally priced boxes. :p
It isn’t, was back at the store with the 2ds’ and some were gone, rest still have the online tag on them.
Had to look around the other departments to check the stickering and all the depts had stuff that seemed randomly tagged online.

It definitely isnt a new thing Target is doing, but they are doing it more frequently with Clearance. As-Is or Online item stickers have become more frequent at my local Targets. Some are random items, some are previous clearance items that I assume went out of the system. A few weeks back I got Hey Pikmin 3ds for 8.47 (plus 10% employee and 5% redcard discounts) with an As-Is sticker. Today, same store, same price for Monster Hunter Stories 3ds. Both games were clearanced out back in December/January around here.

Sooooo, what if I bought an item online and returned it to the store, waited a day and hopefully it’s marked cheaper as an “as-is” item?

I honestly wouldn’t put this kind of effort to save a few bucks, but what’s to stop people from doing this? Same with BestBuy open box items...

Sooooo, what if I bought an item online and returned it to the store, waited a day and hopefully it’s marked cheaper as as “as-is” item?

I honestly wouldn’t put this kind of effort to save a few bucks, but what’s to stop people from doing this? Same with BestBuy open box items...
The other possibility is store might sending it back to warehouse

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Sooooo, what if I bought an item online and returned it to the store, waited a day and hopefully it’s marked cheaper as as “as-is” item?

I didn't do it on purpose, but I've seen this happen with an item that I bought online. Returned it to the store and eventually found it in the electronics clearance section where it sat for a while. They reduced the price further, and I ended up re-buying it. Pretty sure it got the online item sticker.

It isn’t, was back at the store with the 2ds’ and some were gone, rest still have the online tag on them.
Had to look around the other departments to check the stickering and all the depts had stuff that seemed randomly tagged online.
What area are you in if you don't mind me asking?

I saw a repackage Blue/New Super Mario 2 2DS for about $55

Also found some of the Mario Odyssey amiibo. Peach was $9.08. Mario and Bowser were both $6.48

Bowser 207-03-4077

Peach 207-03-4078

Sooooo, what if I bought an item online and returned it to the store, waited a day and hopefully it’s marked cheaper as an “as-is” item?

My targets "donates" all their opened return item to goodwill and Goodwill will try to sell it at near msrp.

FWIW, the likely reason you guys are seeing so many of the Online Item pricing .. people aren’t being properly trained on their own price changes. Target did away with the price change teams, so they no longer have dedicated team members for stuff like that. I’ve seen someone at my store marking things with as is or online item because they couldn’t figure out how to print clearance labels.

FWIW, the likely reason you guys are seeing so many of the Online Item pricing .. people aren’t being properly trained on their own price changes. Target did away with the price change teams, so they no longer have dedicated team members for stuff like that. I’ve seen someone at my store marking things with as is or online item because they couldn’t figure out how to print clearance labels.
That doesn't sound ominous at all for the state of Target...

(PS: Last Week Tonight did a great piece on the state of Amazon and other warehouse places putting the squeeze on both brick and mortar and their employees last night.)

I didn't do it on purpose, but I've seen this happen with an item that I bought online. Returned it to the store and eventually found it in the electronics clearance section where it sat for a while. They reduced the price further, and I ended up re-buying it. Pretty sure it got the online item sticker.
I've done this too, also not intentionally. I bought something that turned out to have been listed with the wrong description online, so I returned it. The next week it was in clearance at a price that was worth buying, and I did.

Picked up

3DS Mario Maker $9.86 (207-02-7014)
NSW Xenoblade Torna $19.61 (207-30-7097)

There were quite a few Switch games including Fire Emblem Warriors, FIFA 19, Brawlout, and maybe one other. They were all stickered as "repackaged" and we're 50% off MSRP.

My store, despite shrinking the game section, has not put any of the removed games on clearance yet, and it's been almost a month now. Really weird.

What a deal!

Seriously fuck off with this pricing scheme, I really doubt this is an online return as there were two other copies on the shelf
45ce8248d856b19569505dbefe9370b6.jpg

Reeeee repackaged isn’t across all stores omfg
Yeah, repackaged means nothing for nationwide clearance and is only something that specific store would have.
I understand this, but as discussed earlier, Target is no longer "clearancing" games. If we don't post things that we see in our local Targets, then what is the point of having this thread. The point is maybe someone wants me to pick them something up, or it's just to let's people know what is possible out there; whatever the case, relax.

What a deal!

Seriously fuck off with this pricing scheme, I really doubt this is an online return as there were two other copies on the shelf

My local Target has had a copy priced the same way as an 'Online Return' for months now. It's been quite sometime since I've scored any good clearance deals on games at my local Target. Used to consistently get some solid stuff, but it's been dry for a long time now.

My local Target has had a copy priced the same way as an 'Online Return' for months now. It's been quite sometime since I've scored any good clearance deals on games at my local Target. Used to consistently get some solid stuff, but it's been dry for a long time now.
Same situation, nothing but mostly junk on clearance now.

bread's done
Back