Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Never thought of that, but I'm not sure if it's worth it just to save $15. I'll definitely keep that in mind if this happens again though, so thank you. Didnt know you could do that.
Just make sure you are still in the best buy return window. If you are returning the sealed target copy to best buy, make sure the clearance sticker is removed or they may give you grief over that

Just make sure you are still in the best buy return window. If you are returning the sealed target copy to best buy, make sure the clearance sticker is removed or they may give you grief over that
Yea, and BB's return window is notoriously small at two weeks for most people. I think he has to return it now for the $15 or we'll revoke his CAG membership. :p

Yea, and BB's return window is notoriously small at two weeks for most people. I think he has to return it now for the $15 or we'll revoke his CAG membership. :p
I lied, I guess I bought it two weeks ago on the 11th, which I guess would mean its passed the 14 day mark even if I wanted to return it. Didnt know it had been that long. Thank you both for the advice though for the next time.

But what about the drive to Target, then BestBuy then back home. I mean does he REALLY get his 15 bucks back if he has to DRIIIIIIVE? :booty:

But what about the drive to Target, then BestBuy then back home. I mean does he REALLY get his 15 bucks back if he has to DRIIIIIIVE? :booty:
I see this argument pop up and it reminds me how privileged I am that my Target and Best Buy are literally across the street from each other.

And on my way to/from work.

I'm in a fairly small town. Our two Walmarts are 15min apart and then about 45 min out from that in all directions to the next ones. Only one Target and then our next Targets are over an hour away and close to an hour from each other. We have one BB close, and only one more within two hours.

ANYWAY, my point was at least our Target and BB are in the same strip-mall, then directly across the street is Walmart.

I see this argument pop up and it reminds me how privileged I am that my Target and Best Buy are literally across the street from each other.

And on my way to/from work.

I'm in a fairly small town. Our two Walmarts are 15min apart and then about 45 min out from that in all directions to the next ones. Only one Target and then our next Targets are over an hour away and close to an hour from each other. We have one BB close, and only one more within two hours.
ANYWAY, my point was at least our Target and BB are in the same strip-mall, then directly across the street is Walmart.
Similar situation for me, and I fortunately work in the same town where the retail is located. So I can run for deals on my lunch. The only problem is if my local store is out of stock or what have you, that's it. No running across town to another Target or Best Buy. I have of course about four Wallys near me though

I don't have a best buy near and the closest one is 20 min away so I rarely go there.  My target is about 5-10 minutes away though in a nearby county shopping plaza so I shop there semi frequently.  Not much clearance these days.

I know electronics and video game clearance has been bad at Target recently but this is ridiculous.

[attachment=32690:IMG_5377.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know electronics and video game clearance has been bad at Target recently but this is ridiculous.

attachicon.gif
IMG_5377.JPG
I'm still trying to understand who would ever buy that (even at a greater than 0% off clearance price)...so basically it "magnifies" your smartphone widescreen up to an 8" diagonal 4:3 screen on an old school TV style box. Does it also project the message "this film has been modified to fit on your TV screen (by slicing 1/4 off each side of the image)"?

IMG_5377.JPG
This reminds me of my childhood. We were poor, and we had this piece of plastic that magnified our TV screen. I think it made our 25 inch TV look like it was 40 inches. Supposedly. It always seemed like Snake oil to me. If this wasn't so crazy expensive, I would get it for the nostalgia factor. I love how old TVs look. I wonder if this would work with other things shaped like a smart phone, like the Switch.

Just googled it to see if I could find some reviews, and it was discontinued because they made a new version with a bigger screen that you can have your phone plugged into while using. Apparently the 8 inch version didn't have a hole for your phone's charging cable. But, the 9 inch version does.

It's basically true. I don't know what happened to the pricing teams that swept through on Mondays but now I just find a few misc. "as is" games being sold at exorbitant pricing.
Someone mentioned Target got rid of their price change teams and those responsibilities now fall on the particular departments to handle it, which, having worked at Target for 6+ years, is crazy to think about. Just them cutting back I guess. I heard they also didn't properly teach people how to do it, which would explain some things.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned Target got rid of their price change teams and those responsibilities now fall on the particular departments to handle it, which, having worked at Target for 6+ years, is crazy to think about. Just them cutting back I guess. I heard they also didn't properly teach people how to do it, which would explain some things.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That explains so much. Our local store has nobody in the entertainment department. They don't even have any registers over there like in a lot of the other stores.

Instead of merging SKUs like they've always done, I've been staring at this 'as-is'  Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition for $73.xx for like four months now.  Every once in awhile it disappears from the endcaps for awhile and then sure enough it pops up there again a couple weeks later. 

The clearance endcaps are mismanaged shitshows now.  They don't even further reduce prices anymore. 

I just read an article that says that Target is closing 80 stores by the end of the year, because sales in 2018 were down by almost 2% across all stores. They haven't decided which stores yet, but it kind of worries me that we could lose our store, since it's only 6 miles from the Target in the next town over, and their's is newer and nicer.

I just read an article that says that Target is closing 80 stores by the end of the year, because sales in 2018 were down by almost 2% across all stores. They haven't decided which stores yet, but it kind of worries me that we could lose our store, since it's only 6 miles from the Target in the next town over, and their's is newer and nicer.
Its all about profit, its most likely the 80 lowest profitable stores which takes into consideration of shrink.

I praised Jesus when my local store right down the road started doing their remodel in April.

Here, that's the good sign. Nearly every store got the multi million dollar remodel either last summer or this summer. The ones that don't get it are the ones in trouble. They closed one store last year for basically the first time ever in Mpls.

I praised Jesus when my local store right down the road started doing their remodel in April.

Here, that's the good sign. Nearly every store got the multi million dollar remodel either last summer or this summer. The ones that don't could be in trouble.
That doesn't mean jack. We had a grocery store chain here completely remodel their store top to bottom, only to shutter the store two months later. I also saw a Target down the road from me do the exact same thing, but then build a whole new store across the street, only to shutter it ten years later.

What article is this? Because in the past year Target has been doing very well. Target has been getting more traffic and earning has been going up since mid 2018. The momentum is still going for FY2019. Maybe that article was written at the end of FY2017.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/21/target-reports-fiscal-2019-q2-earnings.html

That doesn't mean jack. We had a grocery store chain here completely remodel their store top to bottom, only to shutter the store two months later. I also saw a Target down the road from me do the exact same thing, but then build a whole new store across the street, only to shutter it ten years later.
:roll:

Picked up Penny Punching Princess (Switch, 8.xx), Life Is Strange: Before the Storm (XB1, 2.xx) at my local store.  Both were marked "As Is" instead of Clearance.

Also saw No Man's Sky (PS4, 19.xx) and Lego Super Villains (47.xx), also "As Is"

Found tons of games that were "no longer in system" that they refused to sell to me. So, I ended up getting Yakuza Kiwami for PS4 marked "as-is" for $13.98.

I prefer physical discs for games. And, I don't have a Plus subscription. But, thanks for the heads up. Anybody else ever have a Target manager not sell you an item, because it was no longer in the system? I thought that the protocol was to sell them at the last price in the computer. But, they flat out refused. And, they had Wii U games, and DS games, and original Wii games, and PS3 games just sitting dusty on a shelf.

I prefer physical discs for games. And, I don't have a Plus subscription. But, thanks for the heads up. Anybody else ever have a Target manager not sell you an item, because it was no longer in the system? I thought that the protocol was to sell them at the last price in the computer. But, they flat out refused. And, they had Wii U games, and DS games, and original Wii games, and PS3 games just sitting dusty on a shelf.
for items out of system, they'll use online price for it. im not sure how they going find price for old systems like ps3, wii and ds games.

I know that this is off topic, but has anyone had an issue with no longer having the ability to initiate a Target.com return via shipping? I know that some items are limited to being returned in-store, but after searching it appears that all of my recent orders of varying items are appearing as return in-store only, which is odd. Any info/help is appreciated. Thanks!

I know that this is off topic, but has anyone had an issue with no longer having the ability to initiate a Target.com return via shipping? I know that some items are limited to being returned in-store, but after searching it appears that all of my recent orders of varying items are appearing as return in-store only, which is odd. Any info/help is appreciated. Thanks!
Call customer service line.

You can keep stalling but ultimately you will need to call someone. #peoplearescary
I made a post here because I read a feature about retail companies having strict unwritten return rules and using 3rd party companies to ban people (a la Best Buy). I did not want to make customer service aware of my problem if it would somehow lead to further issues. I’m not opposed to doing a few returns in the store if necessary, but thought if this issue was sitewide other people here might be aware.

If you don’t have any info or want to help, why bother wasting your own time responding?

I just tried to return a video game I bought a few days ago. It still gave me the option return by mail. So I guess you might have got flagged by Target. I would create a new account to be safe. Use a VPN if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone: Question, deal, concern, miscellaneous whatever

Some blocked guy that everyone keeps quoting: just talk to humans lole

bread's done
Back