Target Clearance Thread XXIV

I just tried to return a video game I bought a few days ago. It still gave me the option return by mail. So I guess you might have got flagged by Target. I would create a new account to be safe. Use a VPN if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you the reply and info. Much appreciated. I do know that their site has been rolling out new features (such as in-store purchase history to allow for paper-receipt-free returns) so perhaps the mail-in issue is a glitch and will return. Thanks again.

I know that this is off topic, but has anyone had an issue with no longer having the ability to initiate a Target.com return via shipping? I know that some items are limited to being returned in-store, but after searching it appears that all of my recent orders of varying items are appearing as return in-store only, which is odd. Any info/help is appreciated. Thanks!
I've been having the same issue for a couple weeks now. All of my items in all of my orders are in store return only. I have an inkling why this might have happened to my account if its a partial "ban". Nothing nefarious on my end, but Target's return system being what it is.

What article is this? Because in the past year Target has been doing very well. Target has been getting more traffic and earning has been going up since mid 2018. The momentum is still going for FY2019. Maybe that article was written at the end of FY2017.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/21/target-reports-fiscal-2019-q2-earnings.html
Yah, Target is considered the retail winner of 2018-2019 out of all retail stores. They are opening 11 more stores this year and 25-30 next year. All I can find is an article about how they closed 6 underperforming stores in 2019.

Usually, what we see are them closing stores in declining parts of large cities and opening them in new suburbs.

Has anyone seen .hack//GU Last Recode in Target? Was it clearanced out or was it just never sold at Target?
I think I saw it at my target. They have all their "extra" games just shoved on a few shelves in the back of electronics. In no order, and with no prices on them. I seem to remember that game being in that pile, but the price on it was nothing special. Do you need a copy? I have an extra., still sealed.

I found a Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50x wired Xbox One headset (207-00-0442) for $14.98 at the Cheltenham, PA location.  Not sure if it's any good, but will be trying it out soon.

Target dropped base price of Anthem XB1 to $14.99, makes it $11.26+tax if you use the active 25% off select games promo with store pickup, just a heads up

Head over there earlier, nothing so far. Found no man sky for $21.11 as” repackage”. Other stores discounted for $14.98.

I don’t understand target and their order pick up/drive up deals. Won’t allow you to get the deal/discount by buying instore and when u try to do order pick up, it shows not available anywhere, or limited availability but won’t even let u.Target are u bored? U tryin to piss people off?

Out of curiosity, anyone here preorder the Super Deluxe Borderlands 3 for ps4 months ago and see it get switched to back ordered? I checked my order yesterday morning, so the change is recent... bummer.

Went in for some snacks & instead found some Konami games on clearance. Shit was just amusing & beautiful to see 15+ Zone of The Enders just stacked there. Like the only stack I've ever seen so far was that Gravel for XB1.

DPCI 207 34 1797  $5.98  Metal Gear Survive

DPCI 207 34 0063  $5.98  ZONE OF THE ENDERS THE 2nd RUNNER : M∀RS

I8KCoFN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the borderlands deluxe I pre ordered long time ago with $10 gift card is back ordered. I honestly don’t mind but sucks for those who want it day one

Ugh, sad news, Targets around me have started doing the "online item" and "repackage" stickers for more than just electronics now. Saw it in a few departments. Some of them marked for like $0.50 off a $40 item... 

Good news though is that Target is saving me a lot of money by no longer actually clearancing things. 

Finally my store has something on clearance again, but it's Zone of the Enders 2, which is a game I do enjoy, but I already have it and it's not cheap enough for a flip either. :( 

Worth it for $10 though. The VR mode is not very good, but it's still a fun game imo. 

Well guys this is it, the end all of clearance deals. Be on the lookout!

[attachment=32743:12D4B2DE-48D0-4DC3-BEF5-770748974481.jpeg]

On a more serious note, I'd be interested in that Zone of the Enders VR game. Oddly enough nearly every store has it for $6 yet my closest store has it at MSRP. 

Went in for some snacks & instead found some Konami games on clearance. Shit was just amusing & beautiful to see 15+ Zone of The Enders just stacked there. Like the only stack I've ever seen so far was that Gravel for XB1.

DPCI 207 34 1797 $5.98 Metal Gear Survive

DPCI 207 34 0063 $5.98 ZONE OF THE ENDERS THE 2nd RUNNER : M∀RS

I8KCoFN.jpg
Awesome there happen to be some near by in my neck of the woods for once. Not sure if I will get out there though but I appreciate the info.

Metal Gear Survive surprisingly sold out at $29.99 at almost all stores in my area.  ZOE was at $5.98 at a lot of stores but I already have it so no need to get it again.  Thanks for the heads up though!

Ugh, I don't have a phone, but I just saw some chocolate peanut butter on "clearance":

Was: $3.42
Now: $4.58

So it is a 134% increase...

Well guys this is it, the end all of clearance deals. Be on the lookout!

attachicon.gif
12D4B2DE-48D0-4DC3-BEF5-770748974481.jpeg

On a more serious note, I'd be interested in that Zone of the Enders VR game. Oddly enough nearly every store has it for $6 yet my closest store has it at MSRP.

its a cold day in hell when we are posting salt shakers in this thread. but like its been already mentioned target is saving people money with their non deals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head over there earlier, nothing so far. Found no man sky for $21.11 as” repackage”. Other stores discounted for $14.98.
Went to my local store late last night to get some baby Tylenol for my daughter and they had four copies of :XB1: No Man’s Sky all marked at $20.98. The only other video game “clearance” in the electronics endcap was multiple copies of :XB1: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gold Edition marked as “repackaged” for $77.01. Not much selection, unfortunately.

Awesome there happen to be some near by in my neck of the woods for once. Not sure if I will get out there though but I appreciate the info.
If you're not a "Not my Kojima" ultra-hater, I would highly recommend MGS Survive. It uses 5's assets, repurposes them for a non-canon(?--there's a small link that's actually possible to a series of missions that was seen in MGS 5), has some nice surprises storywise (though the copout of using dialogue and chat frames to get around animating half the dialogue isn't great) and definitely poses a challenge worthy of the series. There's a few boss battles that are pretty darn intense, like retrieving part of MG Rex against a giant horde and the final battle which really conveys a strong sense of desperation throughout.

I bought it for $20 on Black Friday from Target, and it was worth every penny back then.

If you're not a "Not my Kojima" ultra-hater, I would highly recommend MGS Survive. It uses 5's assets, repurposes them for a non-canon(?--there's a small link that's actually possible to a series of missions that was seen in MGS 5), has some nice surprises storywise (though the copout of using dialogue and chat frames to get around animating half the dialogue isn't great) and definitely poses a challenge worthy of the series. There's a few boss battles that are pretty darn intense, like retrieving part of MG Rex against a giant horde and the final battle which really conveys a strong sense of desperation throughout.

I bought it for $20 on Black Friday from Target, and it was worth every penny back then.
I can't tell if this is a joke post or not.

Picked up a Legends Flashback Blast: Space Invaders Edition console today for $5.98.  I know AtGames consoles are trash but I couldn't resist the temptation for a cheap controller and possible hackability.  I'll repent by buying a Sega Genesis Mini in a few days.  

DCPI: 207-17-0009

I’ve played worse games than MG Survive ... if anything it’s guilty of being middle of the road. It wasn’t memorable enough to hold my attention long term, but it’s actually not that bad of a game ... once you move past the whole Kojima fanboy rage phase.

I've been having the same issue for a couple weeks now. All of my items in all of my orders are in store return only. I have an inkling why this might have happened to my account if its a partial "ban". Nothing nefarious on my end, but Target's return system being what it is.
Thanks for the reply. Reassuring to see I’m not the only one affected. What’s your inkling as to why this might have happened?

bread's done
Back