Target Clearance Thread XXIV

These aren't clearance. Target has a 50% off hundreds of games sale going on right now. So, these deals should be available everywhere.
Never claimed they were clearance deals, just mentioned them because I hadn’t seen those specific games talked about as a part of the 50% off special that Target has right now. It seems to be lots of older sports games and the like, but there are some rare gems as well. Really wanting :pS4: Bloodstained, but now that I know people were able to get it for $10, anything more than that seems like a gross overpay. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found several games at my store that scanned for 50 percent off marked price. I was kind of in a hurry, so I just grabbed :ps4: Vesperia for $15 and Bendy for $10. Bloodstained was probably $10 as well, but I didn't check since I already have it.

Long winded reply, here we go. lol

It means someone purchased it online and returned it in store. Target does not carry certain items (like this one) in the brick and mortar stores, and if that item is an item that is only available online, if it is returned in store, it is marked with a yellow clearance-style sticker that reads "Online Item" and it is given a special discounted price to help move it out of the store. The item is usually placed in the clearance area with the other clearance or repackaged items, because, well, since it is not carried in store, it has no properly allocated shelf space, so they put it with clearance to move it out of the store faster.
Oh ok I’ve always thought things people return to customer service from online gets sent back and doesn’t end up being sold in that store

Target is clearing out 3DS games, only things I saw at my store were: Pokemon Ultra Moon ($28/30% off), Ever Oasis ($20/50% off), Metroid Samus Returns ($20/50% off) and Fire Emblem Fates Conquest ($20/50% off)

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Is this what you guys have at your store? This is really crappy. Inside the boxes, the games are two rows deep and there's nowhere to put them if you want to look through them. I suspect people have knocked games over with their carts numerous times.

2ZvXf.jpeg

I went to a store today and they said they don't accept any return on videogames.  Exchange for same only due to "privacy reasons".  I know I returned some to the same store before. I felt like I was in the twilight zone when they said they never accepted video game returns.  She called over some security lady that said she's been there for 2 years and they don't accept them.  I even had the website printed return receipt and she said she's never seen a paper like that before.  I tried to pull up my order in the app, and it magically says no returnable items.  I didn't think to try the actual website which does show the returnable receipt.

Has anyone been to a Target that doesn't accept NEW videogame returns?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this what you guys have at your store? This is really crappy. Inside the boxes, the games are two rows deep and there's nowhere to put them if you want to look through them. I suspect people have knocked games over with their carts numerous times.

2ZvXf.jpeg
Yes, except they were three rows deep at mine. I personally don't care about anything they'd have in there fortunately.

Only 1 out of 5 stores I went to had that bin.  But some others had the same games in random places unmarked at 50% off.

I went to a store today and they said they don't accept any return on videogames. Exchange for same only. I know I returned some to the same store before. I felt like I was in the twilight zone when they said they never accepted video game returns. She called over some security lady that said she's been there for 2 years and they don't accept them. I even had the website printed return receipt and she said she's never seen a paper like that before. I tried to pull up my order in the app, and it magically says no returnable items. I didn't think to try the actual website which does show the returnable receipt.

When the theft and return fraud ends up being that bad the store just starts making up its' own rules to protect itself. I'd just go to another store or if it really bothers you have a chat with corporate.

I went to a store today and they said they don't accept any return on videogames. Exchange for same only due to "privacy reasons". I know I returned some to the same store before. I felt like I was in the twilight zone when they said they never accepted video game returns. She called over some security lady that said she's been there for 2 years and they don't accept them. I even had the website printed return receipt and she said she's never seen a paper like that before. I tried to pull up my order in the app, and it magically says no returnable items. I didn't think to try the actual website which does show the returnable receipt.

i hate stores making up their own rules. i went to a near target by my address. i was trying purchased game of thrones bundle books. the lady me told me, i cant get it for clearance price. " i need to chased down associate at that section to verify its correct price. she bought over manager, "we can offer 10% off msrp". Never return to that store again.

I went to a store today and they said they don't accept any return on videogames. Exchange for same only due to "privacy reasons". I know I returned some to the same store before. I felt like I was in the twilight zone when they said they never accepted video game returns. She called over some security lady that said she's been there for 2 years and they don't accept them. I even had the website printed return receipt and she said she's never seen a paper like that before. I tried to pull up my order in the app, and it magically says no returnable items. I didn't think to try the actual website which does show the returnable receipt.

This happens every holiday. I had the same thing happen to me at Best Buy a few weeks ago when I was purchasing a game. She said no returns. I asked even if unopened? She corrected herself.

A store can definitely have a policy of not accepting returns on games, even unopened, but I would think they would have to clearly display their return policy otherwise you would just have to call the corporate office and complain. I've only known two retailers who didn't offer refunds and their return policy was clearly displayed stating this.

With so many Targets around, I would just go to another to return, if possible.

Found Harvest Moon Light of Hope ps4. Wouldn't ring up in the scanners nor could they find it on the website so the dude just offered to sell it to me for 10 bucks. fuck it. Right? Bought then and there.

Found Harvest Moon Light of Hope ps4. Wouldn't ring up in the scanners nor could they find it on the website so the dude just offered to sell it to me for 10 bucks. fuck it. Right? Bought then and there.
Harvest Moon PS4 last clearance price drop was $5.98. That’s how I got mine a month ago.

Mine didn't have the box bins pictured.  The games were just on end cap shelves unmarked for xbox and ps4 with switch titles mixed in with them and 2 wiiu titles as they removed the nintendo end cap now.  Had a large amount of xbox and ps4 titles in there but nothing I was particularly interested in.  

They still had one more copy. I'd offer to grab it for someone but that price was a one off thing that the dude offered me so I don't know what I'd end up paying by buying one more.

They also had two copies of Shin Megami Tensei Journey Redux 3DS. They don't show up on brickseek nor Target.com I wanna say the price was $39.99 or $29.99 but I don't remember.

Never seen anything like that ever in any target in the bay area, and even some more up north.

Side question since I dont really shop at target: can you use a target gift card on other gift cards? Got the $40 one with the S bundle and have nothing to buy from there.

Side question since I dont really shop at target: can you use a target gift card on other gift cards? Got the $40 one with the S bundle and have nothing to buy from there.
No. I had some gift cards loaded up on my account so I just tested it online. The gift card option on the payment screen is greyed out.

Do you have a Target with a grocery section? You always need food.

No. I had some gift cards loaded up on my account so I just tested it online. The gift card option on the payment screen is greyed out.

Do you have a Target with a grocery section? You always need food.
That's too bad. Didnt think about the food, but I had hoped to have never needed to buy food from target (or walmart) for as long as I lived. Do you know if it works on alcohol?

PS4 Yakuza Kiwami - $5.98

I was tempted to buy it but I already have a backlog and the only Yakuza game I want to play is Yakuza 0 which I got over Black Friday.

Yeah those two black bins are what my local target is using in front of the electronics counter... it has Dragon Quest Builders 2, Vermintide 2, Trials Rising Gold, Samurai Showdown and just too many more to list and they're selling them all for $10 each.

Yeah those two black bins are what my local target is using in front of the electronics counter... it has Dragon Quest Builders 2, Vermintide 2, Trials Rising Gold, Samurai Showdown and just too many more to list and they're selling them all for $10 each.
What region was this in? I am looking to pick up Samurai Shodown

BS links of the above games, for those interested...none of them show as $10 in my local stores, though.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0363
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-1914
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-2068

Woah, wait wha. . ? If DQ Builders 2 is $10, I'm game. BS doesn't reflect it but now I'm curious.

Was there a special sign at your store that said $10 for all or did you scan any to make sure? As far as I know, the sale is supposed to be 50% off sticker value, but many happen to be $10.

Weird the brickseek link says 59.99 which I know is wrong as last I saw them they were all around 30$.  Even more interesting is it says instock and not a limited quantity thing and I was just at target and didn't see a single dq builders 2 there or any of the games listed off hand.

All the stores around me have DQB2 for $60. I went to one Target that had a couple copies and they rang up 60. I did find  3-4 Penny Punching Princesses for $10. None of the 3DS games rang up on clearance either. They were all full price.

PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller For Nintendo Switch - Grookey - Target Exclusive

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-00-0673

This is more YMMV than usual. Only a small percentage of stores have these on clearance, as low as $24.98. They seem to be dumping some of their Target exclusive controllers. The one below is $14.98 as well and seems to be clearanced out everywhere. Another Target exclusive version.

PowerA Retro 8-Bit Super Mario Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-00-0751

The bin at my store seemed to get a few more added without price tags.

Atari Flashback Switch (150 games) - $20

PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller For Nintendo Switch - Grookey - Target Exclusive

This is more YMMV than usual. Only a small percentage of stores have these on clearance, as low as $24.98. They seem to be dumping some of their Target exclusive controllers. The one below is $14.98 as well and seems to be clearanced out everywhere. Another Target exclusive version.

Some Targets near me have the Mario ones for $14.98. Thanks. I'll go get them tomorrow.

Noticed some new games in the 50% bins:
X1: PUBG (both disc/code version), Lego Harry Potter, Just Dance 2019 & the store I went to had 2 copies of Switch Bayonetta 2 (now 1).

Thanks man. My closest store had one of the Mario ones. It was still on the hook in the switch section with no clearance sticker.

Noticed some new games in the 50% bins:
X1: PUBG (both disc/code version), Lego Harry Potter, Just Dance 2019 & the store I went to had 2 copies of Switch Bayonetta 2 (now 1).
Heading to my store, see what’s left of it. Good price on Harry Potter.

Goosebumps switch game ringing up $10 https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-30-0074

SNK Tag Team Frenzy Switch $25 https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-30-7040

The World Ends With You Remix Switch $25 https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-30-7041

Trials Gold was $14.99
I picked up SNK Tag Team Frenzy a while back on Switch for $10 on a Gamestop clearance deal and it's a neat game, but it runs poorly on Switch, it isn't unplayable but the framerate is noticeably bad.

I just came back from 2 Targets both which the app said they had the Mario controllers in stock. I got the last one in the Costa Mesa store. Santa Ana store guy told me they had 2 on the floor but they were nowhere to be found. He said that his device told him that the Costa Mesa store had 12. I told him I just got back from there and they told me I got the last one and he's like well that's what my thing says.

I called up the Costa Mesa store and the girl told me that it's a clearance item and that they don't have any on the floor or in the back. Oh well. At least I got one. This is what the Costa Mesa Target looked like

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:33370]

I just came back from 2 Targets both which the app said they had the Mario controllers in stock. I got the last one in the Costa Mesa store. Santa Ana store guy told me they had 2 on the floor but they were nowhere to be found. He said that his device told him that the Costa Mesa store had 12. I told him I just got back from there and they told me I got the last one and he's like well that's what my thing says.
I called up the Costa Mesa store and the girl told me that it's a clearance item and that they don't have any on the floor or in the back. Oh well. At least I got one. This is what the Costa Mesa Target looked like
Much more games than my store.

bread's done
Back