Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Target near me still had the black bins of 50% off games piled sky high with games. Was told that they have too many games and were honoring the 50% off in the pins (Manual override). I found a Starfox 3DS inside with the small price sticker with $19.99 on it. Electronics team member had to manually adjust the price to 50% off (Got it for $10). If you see the black bins with the 50% off still ask and they may help you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target near me still had the black bins of 50% off games piled sky high with games. Was told that they have too many games and were honoring the 50% off in the pins (Manual override). I found a Starfox 3DS inside with the small price sticker with $19.99 on it. Electronics team member had to manually adjust the price to 50% off (Got it for $10). If you see the black bins with the 50% off still ask and they may help you out.
nothing like that. i checked today, everything went up to regular price.

The Targets near me have done something with all the 2DS. They are no longer in the Nintendo cases. I didn’t see them appear on the clearance end cap. I may have missed it. But keep an eye out. 

The Targets near me have done something with all the 2DS. They are no longer in the Nintendo cases. I didn’t see them appear on the clearance end cap. I may have missed it. But keep an eye out.
Are you talking about the $80 regular ones, or the $150 New 2DS XL?

The only 2DS XL they have restocked since Christmas has been the Purple/Silver. They didn't clearance the black/turquoise to my knowledge, it just sold out at MSRP over Christmas and didn't get restocked.

My store still appears to have both kinds at full price in a variety of colors, but zero games left. So, it's only a matter of time, I guess. My day one 3DS is still going strong, so I never really saw a need to upgrade, and I actually enjoy the 3D.

you know people were using previously compromised user names and passwords that allowed access to their account to view the cameras right? far from hacking or getting into a home network.

Exactly. I tire of ignorant people blaming everyone else except themself when they willing click phishing emails and/or re-use credentials for bank accounts and emails.

you know people were using previously compromised user names and passwords that allowed access to their account to view the cameras right? far from hacking or getting into a home network.
Be that as it may I still wouldn't trust Amazon for example (who owns Ring) with security and privacy as it pertains to equipment that could be exploited for unscrupulous or nefarious purposes. For me the 'right' way to do it is to do it yourself with your own self-contained setup that you don't have to rely with anyone else on.

I'm just commenting because I've stopped receiving notifications from this thread for some reason.
I think I've unfollowed threads sometimes by accidentally clicking on the button that's at the top of every page giving you the option to do so.... it's in a good accidental click spot I think, that could be the issue.

This may be true, I see lots of the games in the clearance end caps and by the electronics register...but they scan regular price. No one was around the electronics section for me to ask.

Why would they be all over the clearance Section and not be on clearance lol

This may be true, I see lots of the games in the clearance end caps and by the electronics register...but they scan regular price. No one was around the electronics section for me to ask.
Why would they be all over the clearance Section and not be on clearance lol
Same as my store. I’m going to wait it out, too much backlog already.

Side point: Don't know how everyone else's target is, but the ones around me don't even price the assortment of games they have that aren't new releases. They throw them on a side rack and literally make you take them to the scanner one by one just to find out the price. That's unacceptable.
Easier to find the gems when they aren't shelved and tagged for any and all to see.

Side point: Don't know how everyone else's target is, but the ones around me don't even price the assortment of games they have that aren't new releases. They throw them on a side rack and literally make you take them to the scanner one by one just to find out the price. That's unacceptable.
I just grab what I'm interested in and go scan them. If they come up clearance I keep and the others go back. Thats how you grab the good assortment. Catch them before the employees sticker the clearance games. Usually people in here give a heads-up.

Mario Kart 8 is the best and up to 8 players. You need to get Super Smash Brothers Ultimate as well. Kirby Star Allies is a 4 player game. Pretty much all of Nintendo's first party games have some form of couch co-ops. Mario and Rabbids, Mario and Sonic Olympics 2020 are also fun.
well I am a dummy, Rabbids was $19.99 yesterday at Gamestop but today its $60, so sale must have ended yesterday..

and so here I am with $25 GS credit to burn by 1/31/20...

I guess to not lose out the credit I will jus buy the $20 Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charging Dock and $15 PS4 Injustice 2, $10 out of pocket for those ain't too bad I suppose..

Rabbids, Smash, and Kirby will have to wait..

thanks all

That's how my local Target is. Any title that doesn't have spot on the main aisles goes to the overflow endcap. Lots of copies of We Happy Few, Battlefield 1, Farming Simulator, NBA, Madden and Halo 5. And most of them don't even have price tags. There used to be one endcap where they'd stick the overflow, but now there are two.

Managed to get last of us 2 CE with 10% and 5% off with redcard online. If anyone’s interested, you should be able to get the coupon in your target wallet through the app

Managed to get last of us 2 CE with 10% and 5% off with redcard online. If anyone’s interested, you should be able to get the coupon in your target wallet through the app
How? restrictions (in fine print) says not allowed on Video Games?....or is this the classic all games but switch :)

Off topic but Mystic did an unboxing of random PS4 games bought of ebay. Apparently it was labeled "def salv". Target salvages these loose discs games.

Upon them shadow of colluses, world War Z and the latest CoD, most of which were still sealed.

https://youtu.be/AFtWZU3FDos

target buy 2 get 1 free is back, 2/9 to 2/15, i guess the slow down waiting for the new consoles is real, dont recall ever seeing this many buy2 get 1 free this soon in the year.

Would rather they just start clearancing more games to 70% off again than just the 33% from b2g1 if videogame sales are really hurting, but I guess good for those who buy games soon after launch.

A target near me still has games on their shelves that don't even show up on their system anymore and yet they still sell them for $20. Why they don't just slash the prices off all of it I'll never understand.

This is probably the cheapest way to get Animal Crossing before release, since this deal usually works on preorders. And, you get the bonus of 5% extra off if you have a red card. You just have to find two other $60 games that you want, to get the best deal.

target buy 2 get 1 free is back, 2/9 to 2/15, i guess the slow down waiting for the new consoles is real, dont recall ever seeing this many buy2 get 1 free this soon in the year.
Confirmed? If true, hopefully it works on pre orders. I’d probably get persona 5 royal and one punch man this time

Aren't Switch games (at least the big first-party Nintendo titles) typically excluded from these deals completely? Or am I remembering wrong?
I think you are right, usually the wording "select games" excludes first party nintendo titles. Unless there is a fluke email error like with the links awakening B1g1 , target doesn't do b2g1 or B1g1 on first party nintendo games

Confirmed? If true, hopefully it works on pre orders. I’d probably get persona 5 royal and one punch man this time
We'll see. Dunno yet.

The wording on the weekly ad on the site says "Items shown", under the BOGO free headline.

Off topic but Mystic did an unboxing of random PS4 games bought of ebay. Apparently it was labeled "def salv". Target salvages these loose discs games.

Upon them shadow of colluses, world War Z and the latest CoD, most of which were still sealed.

I don’t think they’re just from target...I find these type of games at liquidation stores I even get switch games from liquidation stores. Every few days they lower the price switch games fly tho. But I got a 3ds game the other day for $8...that def salvage sticker is the worst tho, it’s cut in sections, and it has black glue on the bottom.

Aren't Switch games (at least the big first-party Nintendo titles) typically excluded from these deals completely? Or am I remembering wrong?
Usually select Switch games are included, though the selection is generally not terribly exciting. Obviously first-party published games are excluded but on the rare occasion the odd one might be included like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was previously (though not any time recently).

Wow the online selection for Buy 2 Get 1 Free is kind of bad. Only like 21 titles.

Hope there's more included in-store.
There are more than that, it just shows the featured games under the buy 2 get 1 free listing page. If you manually search for games, more show up with the offer.

When I type in PS4 game, all 24 games on the first page of the results all qualify for the offer:

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=ps4+game

Whats weird is I tried for like 30 minutes to find that listing he bought them from. Current or sold listings. Either it was from a LONG time ago, or it never existed.

I was at the Target in Lynnwood, WA today and snagged a PlayStation Classic on clearance for $20. The guy said it was a permanent markdown and the item has been delisted (not coming up on Target.com). Obviously pricing and availability is YMMV but worth checking.

Proof: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/eLX8vgI
(Mine)

bread's done
Back