Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Never mind, apparently I've been selected to be part of a new Target service they are rolling out called the Target Circle Bonus Program. The way that it is going to work, is that if you spend a certain amount of money on your Red Card with your Circle account attached, you get bonus cash back. I read it wrong though. I need to make three separate $40 purchases online, and I will receive a $10 Circle credit into my account in 21 days.

Never mind, apparently I've been selected to be part of a new Target service they are rolling out called the Target Circle Bonus Program. The way that it is going to work, is that if you spend a certain amount of money on your Red Card with your Circle account attached, you get bonus cash back. I read it wrong though. I need to make three separate $40 purchases online, and I will receive a $10 Circle credit into my account in 21 days.
Not trying to put you down but maybe don't reveal information about new programs companies are rolling out. They usually have terms where you're not allowed to reveal information about them until the company is ready to make an announcement. I've been selected for many programs for various companies and when I read the fine print in the agreement to participate this was always the case.

Not trying to put you down but maybe don't reveal information about new programs companies are rolling out. They usually have terms where you're not allowed to reveal information about them until the company is ready to make an announcement. I've been selected for many programs for various companies and when I read the fine print in the agreement to participate this was always the case.
I have an offer for something similar in my email that mentions nothing about being a test program.

I only assume that it's a test program, because so few people have got the emails. I haven't seen anybody on Target reddit pages, or anybody on here mentioning the emails, and since I was a beta tester for the original Cartwheel, before it eventually became Circle, I made the assumption that they are rolling it out slowly.

Picked up Doom XB1 for $5.98...might be old news.

There was an end cap with clearly marked clearance tags mixed in with some regular stuff. Looked like a lego and sports games as well, xb1 and ps4 versions all $6. It was mostly cleared out.

Went to a Target that instead of using Clearance stickers were using "repackaged" or "online only item" and charging triple what the clearance price is supposed to me. Was able to price match a "repackaged" item though which is surprising considering a few years back I went to another Target and was told I couldn't price match games that had that sticker because "the barcodes are different".

Went to a Target that instead of using Clearance stickers were using "repackaged" or "online only item" and charging triple what the clearance price is supposed to me. Was able to price match a "repackaged" item though which is surprising considering a few years back I went to another Target and was told I couldn't price match games that had that sticker because "the barcodes are different".
If people here aren't familiar, what target often does is when an item doesn't sell at 70%, they generally remove it from the system and sometimes donate it or write it off. I've seen many times though that certain games come back as a re-release or perhaps found from a warehouse, and they slap a generic 'value game' barcode on it for $19.99. They do this with a lot of Lego games such as Jurassic World. I got for $6 years ago, then it came back in the value area with a sticker barcode over the real one. If you take off the fake UPC, it would reveal the last known price when it was last sold.

That is DEFINITELY not something a retail employee or even a manager should ever do. Completely unacceptable. I have been noticing Target getting more strict with their returns. Went to a Target a bit aways from me and went to CS to buy a game because the electronics employee said if it's not there then they don't have it because they don't have copies in the back. I told CS the same thing and they confirmed with their Zebra that they did in fact have copies in the back. CS guy had went to have a talk with the electronics rep and came back telling me the same guy would help me. I walk back to electronics and the guy is just chatting away with a vendor and completely ignored me. Another sales rep asked me if I needed help and went to grab a copy from the back and rang me up. Well the point is that while I was in CS, an asian dude was trying to return something that he says he had bought the day before and they just wouldn't let him return the item at all claiming that it was a decision made by their AP. They even called up AP on a walkie to for them to come and talk to the guy. Definitely not something they normally do.
I don't know why race was even brought up. I used to work seasonal at Guest Services here, the AP team caught all kind of thieves, scammers of all different ethnic backgrounds. Our store had multiple issues of scam returns, basically blank blank CD-R discs found inside the PS4 and Xbone games. The AP team said our store was known as a "high risk" store, and every item returned (not just electronic items) had to be carefully inspected before processing the actual return. Hardware gaming items are always opened and inspected before processing a return. This was a few years back when PS4 just launched, I wouldn't be shocked now that more fraudulent returns are being monitored, especially during a time of a pandemic where people are out of jobs, short on money.

Not sure how much people would appreciate it but Choose Your Own Adventure board games were half off at my Target. Worked with the 10% off Circle coupon (games) plus Red Card. If people are into board games I can post more often about them when I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how much people would appreciate it but Choose Your Own Adventure board games were half off at my Target. Worked with the 10% off Circle coupon (games) plus Red Card. If people are into board games I can post more often about them when I see it.
Definitely interested. It seems a refresh is coming as most stores clearanced a lot of games.

Also to note I've found in my travels stores in NY carry a larger selection of board games and card games than stores in PA.

One store nearish me shows one of them half off on Brickseek but not sure I wanna go all the way there for it. Rest all have full price. FYI there's a 15% off board games offer on Circle, last day is Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Definitely interested. It seems a refresh is coming as most stores clearanced a lot of games.

Also to note I've found in my travels stores in NY carry a larger selection of board games and card games than stores in PA.
Non-mainstream games are definitely appearing out here, things like Parks and Fox in the Forest just showed up at mine. They're starting to rotate games often it seems, so when I see them go clearance I've been grabbing them since they won't be back. Oddly my store has never had Gloomhaven on the shelf though, and not just sold out but no facing for it at all. Was able to order that one not long ago from online though.

Any good two player/co-op clearance board games I should watch for?

I got Code Vein, only because I get an extra 5% off with my Red Card. Buying the DLC pack is an extra $25 which bumps it up to $40, which is how much the digital complete version is currently priced on sale on the PS4.

We will probably see a large clearance of older games in October, or possibly early November. For them to make room for all of the PS5 and Xbox Series X games that they will be getting right around Thanksgiving.

Lot's of $5.98 games at 1 target. They got cleared out bit by me and a few others. Mainly PS4 like star wars fallout 4 ECT. A Lego world for switch slipped in and Rayman was $11.

The other Target had nothing like no deals at all.

On a sidenote no more 3ds games anywhere here.

I picked it up. Was amazed it finally dropped in price.  Seems like stores are all trying to move older generation games lately.  I'll get to it some day.  Still working on fricken Ys 8 switch for the moment.  That game is just waay too long.

It’s a fun game so far. I’ve been enjoying my time with it the last couple of days. For $9, it’s a steal for that price.
That really is an incredible price. It's not a perfect game by any means but of all the Souls clones I've played it was the one I felt had the most heart (as far as presentation, characters, and writing go). I love the look of the game but it's funny in that it's what initially turned me away. Guess I expected *everything* in CV to be spikes and tripp pants.

I like the character creation in Code Vein more than the actual game. People on the reddit have made thousands of popular Anime characters and celebrities using it.

Would be into Code Vein, but nearest store around me is a drive but they have it for $14.99 according to Brickseek. I am sure it'll be cheap again soon enough. 

Yes.

:xb1:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night $39.99 -> $19.98 207-32-1804
Code Vein $39.99 -> $27.98 207-32-1749
Race With Ryan $39.99 -> $19.98 207-32-0222

:ps4:
Code Vein $39.99 -> $19.98 207-34-1749

Dead by Daylight: Nightmare Edition is also on clearance for Xbox & PS4, but I cannot find DPCIs for them.
1ef310931c48beaaa1d7318d61f9793c.jpg

Don’t bother checking BrickSeek for a valid link: since Target doesn’t have the game on their website, it shows the DPCI as invalid. Clearly they have the game in stock, though: grabbed these two from the store in North Hollywood. Dead By Daylight was $11.98 and Code Vein was $8.98. I also found :pS4: Judgment, but because it had already been delisted, they wanted to charge me the online price of $59.99 instead of the final clearance price of $17.98. Didn’t have time to wait at Guest Services to have them check w/ their internal scanner, so I just declined and left.

Not sure if anyone posted this but the Arcade1Up Marvel cabinet at my Target on clearance for $74.98. DPCI # 207-17-0163. Was never going to get one of these but for $75, I couldn’t pass it up.

Not sure if anyone posted this but the Arcade1Up Marvel cabinet at my Target on clearance for $74.98. DPCI # 207-17-0163. Was never going to get one of these but for $75, I couldn’t pass it up.
Nothing near me but Vestal, NY is showing limited stock @ $124.98 (50% off).

Binghamton Vestal
3112 Vestal Pkwy E
Vestal, NY 13850-2038

Target still doing electronics markdowns on Monday mornings? I know they dropped their markdown teams...is it automatic now?
Not from everything I've heard or been told. My sister works there. Since they got rid of the markdown teams. She says it's whenever the manager has someone in that department do it. Today I saw them doing scans for markdowns or salvage in electronics at a local Target. It's been pretty random by me, but I'm sure some Target's stick to a schedule as determined by a manager.

Ugh, figures.. A target that I've been that marvel A1U cab at months ago is only one of two in my city that has that clearance price. It shows out of stock, but that means nothing, but that store is also over 20 miles out of the way, and i don't feel like a 45 mile round trip disappointment..

There was Goo Gone on the shelf at my store. What does Brickseek have to tell you? Besides that it's different prices at every store. Wow. I'm seeing $4.39, $4.99, $5.09 and $5.29 in my region.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=003-05-0135
Link says it's in stock but I looked and there wasn't any of that bottle there. Or even the 1$ bottles they keep at the entrance which is what I normally buy to remove the price stickers and such off games. Unless they moved it to other sections of the store? But that would be weird.

Managed to snag a copy of Code Vein on PS4 at the last Target local to me for 8.98, just wanted to drop a thanks for the deal being posted

Grabbed two copies of Code Vein... probably over 30 copies left. It’s like they consolidated all copies from the area in to one store. Didn’t see them at other Targets.

Not sure if anyone else has posted but Catherine: Full Body (PS4) is $29.98. So 50% off. Includes launch steelbook edition as well as regular.

207-34-0365

Happy Hunting

It's sad to see that the thread for one of the best stores ever for clearance games hasn't had a post for 10 days until today. And the last posts were mostly about Goo Gone. If physical gaming isn't dead it is sure going out with a whimper.

It's sad to see that the thread for one of the best stores ever for clearance games hasn't had a post for 10 days until today. And the last posts were mostly about Goo Gone. If physical gaming isn't dead it is sure going out with a whimper.
Wow that correlation is such a reach. Physical gaming is there Target just doesn’t clearance it out as frequently as they used to and it has been a steep decline since Target fired or reassigned the people who would handle their clearance markdowns so it only pretty much happens once in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back