Target Clearance Thread XXIV

It is sad how much they've slowed down on the clearance.  I've visited target and this thread for years looking for deals.  I barely visit target anymore.  Hunting for clearance deals is what got me in the store.

I had a good haul this afternoon.

Found Catherine: Full Body Launch and Standard Editions for $17.99. The DPCI for the Launch Edition Steelbook got combined with the Standard Edition. Pics: https://imgur.com/a/cF3hvsx

The store I went to had 16 copies on hand with one Steelbook Edition left that I bought.

The shrinkwrap for the launch edition looks a little funky and looks like it was resealed. The disc is also loose inside. Was thinking of reselling the Launch Edition but with the shrinkwrapping looking funky it might not be worth the hassle.

Found Catherine: Full Body Launch and Standard Editions for $17.99. The DPCI for the Launch Edition Steelbook got combined with the Standard Edition. Pics: https://imgur.com/a/cF3hvsx

The store I went to had 16 copies on hand with one Steelbook Edition left that I bought.

The shrinkwrap for the launch edition looks a little funky and looks like it was resealed. The disc is also loose inside. Was thinking of reselling the Launch Edition but with the shrinkwrapping looking funky it might not be worth the hassle.
They’re definitely that price instore now?

I agree with the sentiment of less clearance. Other than Code Vein PS4 I couldn’t tell you the last time I found anything worthwhile at my store. It’s usually stuff that’s way too old and way too overpriced. Walmart on the other hand...

Games clearance has gone way downhill, but Toys clearance has been amazing. My friend got one of those ridiculously overpriced Tamagotchis (normally $60) for only $15 about a month or so ago. I didn't mention it though, because I wasn't sure if we consider virtual pets to be actual video games.

same thing happened to me, picked up devil may cry trilogy remastered for ps4, shrinkwrap look funny too. i checked every copy of it. they all look the same.

same thing happened to me, picked up devil may cry trilogy remastered for ps4, shrinkwrap look funny too. i checked every copy of it. they all look the same.
I've heard of that happening occasionally for games. I don't think I've run across it more than once myself.

Thanks I was able to get the last steelbook copy. Catherine full body was nowhere to be found but employee grabbed a copy way far from the PS4 games section. Was told that happens when games are on clearance. Shrink wrap seems pretty funky and disc is loose. Haven’t opened it yet but not complaining. It’s a good deal. Just hope the same thing happens to persona 5r

When in doubt, go to YouTube and look for unboxing videos.

I just wanted to point out I went to a Target store in Anaheim and they had 5 or 6 Switch Lites. I read they were Out of Stock everywhere.

Got a sweet deal on a Fire TV Stick tonight. It's 25% off right now online making it 29.99. I then used Target Circle to save 15% off entire purchase & paid with the red card to save another 5% bringing it down to 24.22 out the door!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Dead by Daylight at my local Target, but it just got marked down to $19.98. Hoping it drops again next week, they had about 4 copies and I am in for it at the $11.99 mark. Was close to biting at the current price, but must pay less as it is the CAG way. 

I just wanted to point out I went to a Target store in Anaheim and they had 5 or 6 Switch Lites. I read they were Out of Stock everywhere.
Lites have been a little easier to find, the OG switch models have been a bit harder to find. With that said, stock has been catching up for the last month or so.

It's sad to see that the thread for one of the best stores ever for clearance games hasn't had a post for 10 days until today. And the last posts were mostly about Goo Gone. If physical gaming isn't dead it is sure going out with a whimper.
Lol. What? Physical media is dead because there are no clearance deals? Not sure how you reached that conclusion.

Yeah. I don't think physical gaming is dead if next gen systems have once again been forced to include the option or face public backlash. I think it is just that clearance sales are needed to clear space on store shelves and clear SKUs from electronic systems after an extended time. Retailers aren't as desperate to clear space and it seems to be a sellers' market right now when it comes to games and electronics.

Many shipments of games and even new releases have been experiencing delays due to coronavirus and, at least at my stores, games seem to be selling. There are no overflowing game cases and games seem to be selling better than what is typical.

5% off board games this week with circle, but excludes clearance sadly. With Red Card covers tax basically. Recommend Horrified or Disney Villainous (Cruella or base game are good ones to start).

5% off board games this week with circle, but excludes clearance sadly. With Red Card covers tax basically. Recommend Horrified or Disney Villainous (Cruella or base game are good ones to start).
The Godzilla game (Tokyo Clash) and PanAm from Funko are both decent as well.

My friend who is a manager at Target says that we will probably see a huge video game clearance at the end of October, and the beginning of November to make way for the new consoles and games. Most stores will continue to carry newer PS4 and Xbox One games, but they will stop carrying the consoles in stores because of limited shelf space, and the two new Xbox models, and the two new PS5 models using up all of that shelf space.

My friend who is a manager at Target says that we will probably see a huge video game clearance at the end of October, and the beginning of November to make way for the new consoles and games. Most stores will continue to carry newer PS4 and Xbox One games, but they will stop carrying the consoles in stores because of limited shelf space, and the two new Xbox models, and the two new PS5 models using up all of that shelf space.
Makes sense ... I’ve noticed a few local Targets have large freestanding bins of games that seem to be growing. Wouldn’t be surprised if they do some sort of Black Friday clearance game sale like they did a couple years ago.

I have like 6 of those only can be used at Target stores gift/item exchange cards so this is good news to me.  I'll keep checking back here for mega discounts.

I went to a Target to finally pick up Code Vein and almost all of the registers weren't taking cash at all. Anybody else experience this?

Why pay with cash unless you need to? Use a credit card for everything, pay it off each month and earn the rewards depending on what card you have. With the 1 to 5% cash back on purchases depending on the card, I earn a gift card of my choosing about every 2 - 3 months or a statement credit. With Discover, I choose a gift card as they take $5 less of your cash back bonus for the value of the gift card. ($45 cash back for a $50 card) As long as you pay the cards off each month and don't pay interest, you make money off the credit cards.

Why pay with cash unless you need to? Use a credit card for everything, pay it off each month and earn the rewards depending on what card you have. With the 1 to 5% cash back on purchases depending on the card, I earn a gift card of my choosing about every 2 - 3 months or a statement credit. With Discover, I choose a gift card as they take $5 less of your cash back bonus for the value of the gift card. ($45 cash back for a $50 card) As long as you pay the cards off each month and don't pay interest, you make money off the credit cards.
I do the same thing. I paid zero interest last year and received over $1200 cash back from all my credit cards.

I do the same thing. I paid zero interest last year and received over $1200 cash back from all my credit cards.
My wife was very against CC's when I met her. My cheap ass ways have rubbed off so hard she won't buy anything anymore unless it's on sale and getting cash back now.

Was able to find a single :pS4: Catherine: Full Body Launch Edition steelbook at the Van Nuys North Target for $17.99...I didn’t see anymore of that version, but they had plenty of copies of the standard game, also for $17.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife was very against CC's when I met her. My cheap ass ways have rubbed off so hard she won't buy anything anymore unless it's on sale and getting cash back now.
My girlfriend is very anti credit card. She's 23 and I think it's from watching how her friends have gotten into trouble with credit cards. I've tried to tell her the virtues of cash backs and bonuses but she is a hard no.

My girlfriend is very anti credit card. She's 23 and I think it's from watching how her friends have gotten into trouble with credit cards. I've tried to tell her the virtues of cash backs and bonuses but she is a hard no.
You also need it to establish your credit to be able to get a loan to purchase more expensive items later such as a house. Tell her to get one with a low credit limit so it doesn't get out of hand. If the issuer raises the limit later tell her to call them to lower it back. It's also good for emergencies.

You also need it to establish your credit to be able to get a loan to purchase more expensive items later such as a house. Tell her to get one with a low credit limit so it doesn't get out of hand. If the issuer raises the limit later tell her to call them to lower it back. It's also good for emergencies.
all of this [emoji817]. I did this in my early 20s, now I use credits cards for all my purchases and make sure I pay my statement balance in full every month. Rewards have been nice to fund entire vacations or just help bring down my spending if I have a month with unexpected expenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah your credit score is also based on how old your oldest credit line is.  I didn't get a credit card until my mid 20's and regret not doing so earlier.  Though I do love my student capital one card since it has barely any interest. 

Oh trust me, I know. Even though we live together, we keep money separate. I pay everything with cc. The ease of using my chase card and immediately transferring the money from my checking.

The increased credit score and free money makes it almost impossible for a cheap ass not to

Hope so, because Target has been horrible...I mean embarrassingly so...lately with gaming clearance. WalMart has been destroying them lately, it's been a bloodbath.

I just wanted to update that the Targets seem to be removing Code Vein from their systems because they stopped dropping in price after $8.98 and went straight to N.A. And a ton of stores around me still have a bunch of copies it seems. So this may be your last chance to grab a copy or two, or three for $9. https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-34-1749
I went and found one copy at the store and there wasn’t a price. The guy who rang it up said it was salvaged. However he asked the manager and he literally threw a price out randomly ($15) and the guy rang it up. Unsure but seemed a bit high. Game looks like it could be fun but feel like I should just return it if anything if it’s that price (haven’t opened yet).
Thoughts?

Oh trust me, I know. Even though we live together, we keep money separate. I pay everything with cc. The ease of using my chase card and immediately transferring the money from my checking.

The increased credit score and free money makes it almost impossible for a cheap ass not to
So is she strictly cash and checks? Does she use debit card? Another reason to use a credit card is she's protected from fraudulent purchases. If her debit card is compromised, it's very difficult to get your money back.

Went to a random Target a few days ago a found they still sold a couple copies of Dragon's Crown Pro for $29.99. Doesn't show up on Brickseek and is long gone from target.com.

Just an FYI. The 10% off video games Circle deal in the Target app has been working on some clearance video games, despite the fine print saying that it's not supposed to. Also, there's a Circle deal for 5% extra off your whole purchase if you are a Red Card holder.

Welp might have to catch some stuff to play to hold me over until some decent Series X games come out.

bread's done
Back