Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Mine did the same with Catherine Full Body for the PS4. It scanned as not in system and the clerk told me that technically it shouldn't be there anymore and kept it. No sale.
This is ridiculous. Catherine actually appears on the Target website with a clearly visible price if you check it with the Target app. At the very least, the clerk should have been willing to sell it to you at the online price. Clerk was lazy and possibly even shady. This same thing has happened to me before and the clerks have been willing to sell at either lowest price detected by the system during previous sales, Target app online price (39.99 in the case of Catherine), or whatever price the game is selling at on amazon new. I wonder what the clerk did with the item that he/she "kept."

Ironically this was the second similar issue with the game. Both times it came up at in store scanner as not in system. The first time I tried to check out (2 weeks ago or so) they told me it was full price and even then made allusions about maybe it shouldn't be on the floor.

Flash forward to today and it's scanning the same (NIS) so I go to electronics to ask how much it was. And what I described above played out. I am almost sure it was the same cashier (blue hair ain't common in our parts lol). I really wanted to be that dude who just lost it at that point but it was more about the hunt than the trophy. I actually want the game for the NS more anyway 😛 Just a crock how it all went down, then and now.

I remember my younger days in retail, it was all about selling sh*t. No computer inventory to say it's not in the system. A store sells sh*t and a customer buys sh*t. If it didn't have a price you put one on it and you sell it. Pretty simple at the end o the day.

One Target near me made their clearance games significantly nicer. Put them all on a shelf nicely by spine with plenty of space to breathe. Still had to dig through the ones in the back, but it wasn't much of an inconvenience.

On the other hand, another Target stuck them at the top of a clearance rack front-facing and you have to stand on your toes just to look through them. Plus you have to pull them out just to see what they are. The whole rack was a giant mess.

I miss target clearance. I moved couple weeks ago back to my old childhood neighborhood. I'm heading out today to return some baskets. Hopefully something good at this location. 

Just cause 4 x1 $11.99

Crew 2 x1 $11.99

Gazillion for honor $5.99

Prey x1 $9.99

Project cars 3 ps4 $17.99

That’s it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm preeety sure it is. I read the fine print and I don't remember it excluding certain items. Maybe double check though before signing up.

There's a new Target Circle offer that will take 10% off one in-store or online purchase through Saturday, December 12th.  

All of the exclusions appear below.

Category Coupon. Valid one-time use in store or online. Limit one coupon/offer per guest. Cannot be combined with any other Category Coupon. Void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold or prohibited by law. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. Gift cards and tax not included in determining purchase total. No cash value. Offer excludes items sold & shipped by Target Plus™ Partners. *Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Baby Alive Grow Up Baby, Barbie Dreamhouse & Camper, Beats Powerbeats, Beats Powerbeats Pro, Beats Solo Pro, Bose, Cards Against Humanity, Casper, The Child action figure, clinic & pharmacy, Cricut, dairy milk, DockATot, Dockers, Disney Frozen Castle, DSLR cameras & lenses, Elf on the Shelf, Elvie, Facebook Oculus and Portal, facemasks, Fitbit, gift cards, Google, HALO Baby, Hasbro Games (Classic Monopoly, Connect Four, Jenga, Rubik’s Cube, Sorry, Trouble), Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage, HP, Imaginext Batcave, Infant Optics, Instant Pot, JBL, LEGO, Levi’s Red Label, LG OLED TV, limited-time designer partnerships, Little People Rampway, L.O.L. House & Collector, Mega Bloks, mobile contracts, Motrin pain relief, Nerf Ultra, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, Polder, Poo-Pourri, Peg Perego, Philips Avent, power shave, power dental, Harry’s and Flamingo, prepaid cards, PlayStation consoles and accessories, Samsung TVs, simplehuman, Sonos, Sony Electronics, Target Optical, Tempur-Sealy, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, Weber, What Do You Meme?, and Xbox consoles and accessories.

If memory serves correct they have historically run that promo on the first Sunday in December & for one day only.
It's two days (Sat/Sun) this year and the maximum was raised from $300 to $500.

Also you have to be a Target Circle member (it's free) this year.

It's two days (Sat/Sun) this year and the maximum was raised from $300 to $500.
Also you have to be a Target Circle member (it's free) this year.
Unfortunately this year they didn’t run the spend $50 on Black Friday, get a 20% off coupon. There’d usually be a day of overlap of the coupon expiring and the 10% off gift cards going active. I’d stock up on cleaning supplies, paper goods, health and beauty and non perishable food for the year.

I ended up getting a 5% off coupon as well as the 10% off coupon. I wanna be greedy and see if I can get an associate to combine both and give me 15% off a game.

I ended up getting a 5% off coupon as well as the 10% off coupon. I wanna be greedy and see if I can get an associate to combine both and give me 15% off a game.
Why stop there? Wait for the 10% off gift cards this weekend, and then use your coupons with the gift cards for even more savings. ;)

I thought they used to run that promotion after Thanksgiving, rather than before? Perhaps there is still hope left for it this year!
I think it's been a few years since they last did it. I believe it was one of the daily sales before thanksgiving. It might have even been the wednesday before

It's a horrible game. Trust me on this. They should have re-released the GameCube versions of Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 in a classic collection instead of that game. Don't waste your $9.
I was pretty much able to beat the campaign in one sitting when this game was free for a weekend on XBLA when the Sonic movie came out. The stages are definitely bland but the jumping makes the game and exercise in frustration. I hate knowing the sales of this game determines if we get an HD SMB2

Why stop there? Wait for the 10% off gift cards this weekend, and then use your coupons with the gift cards for even more savings. ;)
Pretry sure there is verbiage in the coupon notes that states the 10% off is deducted on the balance after gift cards have been applied to prevent double dipping.

Pretry sure there is verbiage in the coupon notes that states the 10% off is deducted on the balance after gift cards have been applied to prevent double dipping.
I bought a game Wednesday (Yakuza) with the 10% off Target circle coupon and it took it off the sale price before deducting the $15 in giftcards I had.

Receipt shows $39.99 - $4 Target circle and then the $15 Target giftcards deductions.

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing In Disguise- $24.99
Pokemon Ultra Moon $19.99
Pokemon Ultra Sun $19.99
Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission $14.99
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey $19.99
Luigi's Mansion $19.99
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered(PS4)$11.99

Got Yakuza 7 for 30 bucks. Price matched Amazon and used the 5% off birthday code and stacked it with the 10% off code. I suggest if you haven't done so already to put your birthdays during November or December to take advantage of holiday sale prices along with 10% off codes.

I just checked Brickseek wow Deadly P 2 OOS everywhere. You'd have to buy it online and price match it in store.
I could be mistaken but I can't recall having seen it carried in-store at Target. Best Buy yes but not Target.

Reminder that Target giftcards are 10% off today and tomorrow. Max $500.

You can use them same day too (I did my online and it came within a few hours) and should stack with the 10% offer if you want to get 10 and 10 off of another purchase.

bread's done
Back