Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Reminder that Target giftcards are 10% off today and tomorrow. Max $500.

You can use them same day too (I did my online and it came within a few hours) and should stack with the 10% offer if you want to get 10 and 10 off of another purchase.
Trying to figure out best bang for the buck on the 10% coupon. Sadly all switch games are excluded.

Reminder that Target giftcards are 10% off today and tomorrow. Max $500.

You can use them same day too (I did my online and it came within a few hours) and should stack with the 10% offer if you want to get 10 and 10 off of another purchase.
I see this is a Target Circle offer that limits you to a maximum $50 discount. So we can only do this online or in-store as it's a one time use thing?

Can you explain more about the stacking?

I see this is a Target Circle offer that limits you to a maximum $50 discount. So we can only do this online or in-store as it's a one time use thing?

Can you explain more about the stacking?
He’s saying buy the gift card first. Eg buy $100 gc for $90.

Then use that gc to buy something with 10% off coupon. He’s not stack the two offers and get the GCs at 19% off.

BUT there’s fine print on the 10% coupon that says payment with gc and tax not calculated in order total so I’m pretty sure (though I haven’t tried) that his plan won’t work. Im interpreting that clause to mean that if you pay entirely with a gc, you in fact get 0% off.

Then use that gc to buy something with 10% off coupon. He’s not stack the two offers and get the GCs at 19% off.

BUT there’s fine print on the 10% coupon that says payment with gc and tax not calculated in order total so I’m pretty sure (though I haven’t tried) that his plan won’t work. Im interpreting that clause to mean that if you pay entirely with a gc, you in fact get 0% off.
Oh ok I didn't know about the separate 10% discount Target coupon now I see it.

Can I use a Target gift card to buy a different retailer gift card? In essence I'm trying to get 10% elsewhere (i.e. GameStop) since I'll get 5% off RedCard purchases anyway.

May be a long shot because it's not even showing up in brickseek any more but a local target just dropped Smash Bros for Wii U down to $17 from $60, finally lol

Maybe more one off Wii U games are finally being noticed and clearanced off?  By now brickseek probably isn't tracking any of them.  Half of the time when I price scan old games the price doesn't even show up in their system lol

Oh ok I didn't know about the separate 10% discount Target coupon now I see it.

Can I use a Target gift card to buy a different retailer gift card? In essence I'm trying to get 10% elsewhere (i.e. GameStop) since I'll get 5% off RedCard purchases anyway.
Dollar General is selling $25 to $100 GameStop gift cards for 15% off right now. In-store only. And that sale ends today at closing time.

This is the exact wording:

Gift cards and tax not included in determining purchase total.

So does this blurb in the fine print simply mean that buying any gift card doesn't qualify towards the 10% off your purchase w/ this coupon/offer? (which is also in the list of exclusions later) It's a bit unclear but that's what it seems like to me, particularly since it mentions tax in the same sentence. Food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the exact wording:

Gift cards and tax not included in determining purchase total.

So does this blurb in the fine print simply mean that buying any gift card doesn't qualify towards the 10% off your purchase w/ this coupon/offer? (which is also in the list of exclusions later) It's a bit unclear but that's what it seems like to me, particularly since it mentions tax in the same sentence. Food for thought.
Since 10% off isn't really a huge discount, I've found that these kinds of deals always work best at Target when applied with a buy 2, get 1 free scenario. They aren't doing one of those with video games, but there is a buy 2, get 1 free on movies, TV seasons, books, and board games happening there today only. Hope this helps someone.

To clarify I used the coupon earlier this week AND used a giftcard and it took the 10% (from the coupon) first.

So you can in fact use both at the same time.

To clarify I used the coupon earlier this week AND used a giftcard and it took the 10% (from the coupon) first.

So you can in fact use both at the same time.
Was the full payment in gift card or only partial? Because of course both can be used per their terms, but would only discount the remainder after GC which I'm willing to bet would still eat the 10% off even if that sum were 0.

Was the full payment in gift card or only partial? Because of course both can be used per their terms, but would only discount the remainder after GC which I'm willing to bet would still eat the 10% off even if that sum were 0.
It was partially giftcard. The receipt showed $4 off from the coupon (games was $39.99), then $15 off from the giftcards, then the remaining on my redcard (minus the redcard savings).

Edit - I have all of them loaded into the target app so when I'm paying I use the app in store and it seems to default to coupon, giftcard, then redcard.

Just Cause 3 ps4 is down to less than 10 bucks. It doesn't show up on brickseek (not for me at least) so if you remember seeing a copy at a store, you might wanna check that out.

Also, does anybody know if Target ever had the P5R Steelbooks in stock?

It was partially giftcard. The receipt showed $4 off from the coupon (games was $39.99), then $15 off from the giftcards, then the remaining on my redcard (minus the redcard savings).

Edit - I have all of them loaded into the target app so when I'm paying I use the app in store and it seems to default to coupon, giftcard, then redcard.
Ah so despite the fine print, idle threats. Good to know since I was planning to use quite a bit of gift cards soon.

Ah so despite the fine print, idle threats. Good to know since I was planning to use quite a bit of gift cards soon.
I'd say it's a case of some people simply misunderstanding/misinterpreting what was meant in the fine print (as I alluded to previously). At any rate I made a purchase today that was entirely funded by gift card and got the additional 10% off on the eligible items so yet another confirmation that they can be used in conjunction.

Anybody trying to buy two or more Ubisoft games from Target and get the $50 GC? I’m trying to buy AC: Valhalla and Immortal Fenix Rising for PS5 but the $50 promotion does show up yet

My Target clearance changed from a 70% off endcap to two 50% off boxes near the electronics register (one for PS4, one for Xbone, and a few Switch games thrown in). I saw :ps4: Trials of Mana with $49.99 on the front and $25.99 repackage on the back. Brought it up to ask if it is 50% off the $25.99 but was told "no, that is the 50% off". That may have been more clear had the repackage price actually been 50% off...

I love these $50 gift card sales.
B2G1 with cancellations is easier, but this gc deal works fine too. Ordered :ps4: Immortals and cancelled the other $49.99 filler game (Just Dance 2021). With 10% off order Cartwheel offer, works out to $74.07 after tax. So $24.07 for Fenyx and will be using the $50 gc on Christmas presents, again using a 10% off Cartwheel offer (two Target accounts). Could have been cheaper had I payed for Fenyx with a 10% off gc, but that's fine.

Also noticed while adding b2g1 kid books to my cart, the prices online are cheaper than in store. $13 book -> $9, $10 -> $8, and $8 -> $5.35. Definitely check Target's website before buying books in store.

I didn't know you could cancel the other game and still get the gift card. I have mine set to store pick up and I will get the gift card digitally after I pick up the games.

I didn't know you could cancel the other game and still get the gift card. I have mine set to store pick up and I will get the gift card digitally after I pick up the games.
When you cancel a game, it returns the cost of the game minus $25. The gc remains as a free add on, even though you are still paying $50 for it.

Holy shit, on the P5R.  Between that and RedCard and I'm already going back to Best Buy to return something else...I might just buy it from Target instead, lol

I came to report some items on sale at a local Target.  Got Samurai Shodown (PS4) and Skyrim VR for $30.  They lived on the end caps for a while, so if your store still has those (a new remodeled Target got rid of them and their selection is sad now), you may want to scan some items you've been holding out on.  My items don't even show up on Brickseek, so they might be under a generic DCPI.

I can confirm that the regular and steelbook DPCIs have been merged at Target. In late October I picked up a standard copy of P5R from Walmart for $20. Then the Sunday before Thanksgiving, while price matching deals at Target, I saw they still had a P5R steelbook and picked it up as well. Confirmed that the steelbook shared the same DPCI as the standard edition that was still in stock at my local store. Returned the sealed standard Walmart copy for what essentially became a $20 steelbook purchase.

As others have said, steelbooks are probably super rare now (especially post-Black Friday sale), but there could still be the possibility to get the best of all worlds/deals.

I can confirm that the regular and steelbook DPCIs have been merged at Target. In late October I picked up a standard copy of P5R from Walmart for $20. Then the Sunday before Thanksgiving, while price matching deals at Target, I saw they still had a P5R steelbook and picked it up as well. Confirmed that the steelbook shared the same DPCI as the standard edition that was still in stock at my local store. Returned the sealed standard Walmart copy for what essentially became a $20 steelbook purchase.

As others have said, steelbooks are probably super rare now (especially post-Black Friday sale), but there could still be the possibility to get the best of all worlds/deals.
The P5R steel was never rare. gamestop has had it for $25 for a week now. The deal probably ended last week. It was in their holiday weekend flyer. It's still fully available and MSRP is $30.

The P5R steel was never rare. gamestop has had it for $25 for a week now. The deal probably ended last week. It was in their holiday weekend flyer. It's still fully available and MSRP is $30.
Right, the P5R steelbook might not be that rare in the totality of things, but the current conversation and questions were centered around its present availability at Target stores, since many of the stores now have discounted/clearanced the game to $17.99. Target had carried the steelbook edition when the game first released but as copies have been sold, regular (blue case) editions had taken their place. Someone had asked/guessed earlier if the DPCI had been merged for the steelbook and standard copies, to which I responded previously, confirming that the DPCIs had been merged.

Right, the P5R steelbook might not be that rare in the totality of things, but the current conversation and questions were centered around its present availability at Target stores, since many of the stores now have discounted/clearanced the game to $17.99. Target had carried the steelbook edition when the game first released but as copies have been sold, regular (blue case) editions had taken their place. Someone had asked/guessed earlier if the DPCI had been merged for the steelbook and standard copies, to which I responded previously, confirming that the DPCIs had been merged.
I got ya. Thank you. I'm concerned these types of deals/mergers will fade away permanently now. target stores stopped carrying ubisoft gold edition games. When they merged there were some good deals to be had. I remember the days you'd find a CE or steelbook edition at 50% off a week after launch!

I got ya. Thank you. I'm concerned these types of deals/mergers will fade away permanently now. target stores stopped carrying ubisoft gold edition games. When they merged there were some good deals to be had. I remember the days you'd find a CE or steelbook edition at 50% off a week after launch!
Yep, I loved those DPCI mergers on the Gold Editions—especially since Ubisoft tends to reduce their prices on vanilla copies of their games so soon after release, but then keep the digital DLC/Season Passes full price for much longer. It always blew my mind how/why Target would do that, though I definitely wasn’t complaining. Sometimes you could get an even better deal too buying the Gold Edition at whatever price Target had it for (once it had merged DPCIs), then shortly after, price matching the Target vanilla copy to a competitor and returning the vanilla copy with the Gold Edition receipt. Once the DPCIs had merged, it was all about finding that cheap competitor price match. Picked up a few Gold Edition Assassin’s Creed games that way, usually for less than the cost of each game’s Season Pass. Good times for sure.

Probably a long shot, but sorta hoping the same thing happens with the Ultimate Edition of the PS5 Spider-Man/Miles Morales. Definitely gonna keep tabs.

Forgive if its a repost but saw these at Richmond (Ca) Target today at lunch. Neither show up on brickseek.

20201209-145150.jpg

Hmm that might be the cheapest it's gone. 

Oh it's in stock at my closest target.  Maybe I'll buy it after xmas if I get any gift cards or something.

Not a clearance deal, but I saw the Sunday, December 13th Target ad early, and gaming gift cards will be buy 1, get 1 for 15% off.  $25 PlayStation and Xbox gift cards were pictured in the ad along with a $25 Roblox card.  

Not a clearance deal, but I saw the Sunday, December 13th Target ad early, and gaming gift cards will be buy 1, get 1 for 15% off. $25 PlayStation and Xbox gift cards were pictured in the ad along with a $25 Roblox card.
That could pair nice with Red Card for another 5% off.

Mass Effect: Andromeda and Prey (PS4& Xbox) appear to be $5.99 everywhere (Prey looks like it was purged from Target.com and can't be tracked in Brickseek).

Mass Effect: Andromeda and Prey (PS4& Xbox) appear to be $5.99 everywhere (Prey looks like it was purged from Target.com and can't be tracked in Brickseek).
good find on Andomeda. I did see it used for $4.99 at Gamestop. Obviously they had plenty of copies... lol

Yep, I loved those DPCI mergers on the Gold Editions—especially since Ubisoft tends to reduce their prices on vanilla copies of their games so soon after release, but then keep the digital DLC/Season Passes full price for much longer. It always blew my mind how/why Target would do that, though I definitely wasn’t complaining. Sometimes you could get an even better deal too buying the Gold Edition at whatever price Target had it for (once it had merged DPCIs), then shortly after, price matching the Target vanilla copy to a competitor and returning the vanilla copy with the Gold Edition receipt. Once the DPCIs had merged, it was all about finding that cheap competitor price match. Picked up a few Gold Edition Assassin’s Creed games that way, usually for less than the cost of each game’s Season Pass. Good times for sure.

Probably a long shot, but sorta hoping the same thing happens with the Ultimate Edition of the PS5 Spider-Man/Miles Morales. Definitely gonna keep tabs.
Pretty sure they stopped doing the Gold edition merges...or at least, it didn't happen with Far Cry 5 gold/steelbook versions. It did eventually clearance out and I got one for 29.98 which is still a great deal you couldn't get at any other store.

The only Ubisoft Gold Edition I ever got at Target was when I took advantage of a pricing error when AC Odyssey had barely come out they had it combined on the shelf with the standard versions for $59.99. I'm guessing the only way anybody will find Valhalla Gold Edition in stores is if it's an unopened copy that someone returned and even then I bet they'd only discount it 20 or 30 bucks.

Pretty sure they stopped doing the Gold edition merges...or at least, it didn't happen with Far Cry 5 gold/steelbook versions. It did eventually clearance out and I got one for 29.98 which is still a great deal you couldn't get at any other store.
I remember farcry 5 gold was $40. It didnt get merge at all

bread's done
Back