Target Clearance Thread XXIV

If that's all one store it's a honey hole.
Yes it was a honey hole! All in 1 store. I couldn't believe I found some of these.
Can you please provide me with the DPCI for this?
I can but you won't find anything. It won't show up on Brickseek or Target. Even when I go into my purchases on the app it shows the game but when I try to view details it gives me an error. Seems I got real lucky with this one!

Like the above post, VERY YMMV

I went to my local Target to pick up some groceries and walked into the game aisles to look around, and various titles were on 70% clearance. Here are the notable titles:

Immortals: Fenyx Rising PS4 - $17.99

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 XO/XS - $11.99

Destroy All Humans Remake XO/PS4 - $11.99

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Remake XO/PS4 - $7.99

Dragon Quest XI Switch - $14.99

Nioh 2 PS4 - $11.99

Overcooked 2 Switch - $11.99

I may have missed a few. My Target didn't have any DQXI or Overcooked in stock, picked clean. I bought the last two Immortals, one for me and one for trading in, and bought a Nioh 2 and Destroy All Humans. Nioh 2 has that free PS5 upgrade so I picked it up, and DAH is something I kept looking at since it came out last year. Immortals for Xbox wasn't on sale, neither was the PS5 edition. I'm sure there were probably more titles on clearance but that's what my store had. They had orange price tags on the row of price tags for the games that are behind that locked case thing they use.

Off topic but be careful about cancelling too many games with the B2G1 promo guys. I was on SD and a member noted his account being permanently banned from doing it too many times.

Like the above post, VERY YMMV

I went to my local Target to pick up some groceries and walked into the game aisles to look around, and various titles were on 70% clearance. Here are the notable titles:

Immortals: Fenyx Rising PS4 - $17.99

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 XO/XS - $11.99

Destroy All Humans Remake XO/PS4 - $11.99

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Remake XO/PS4 - $7.99

Dragon Quest XI Switch - $14.99

Nioh 2 PS4 - $11.99

Overcooked 2 Switch - $11.99

I may have missed a few. My Target didn't have any DQXI or Overcooked in stock, picked clean. I bought the last two Immortals, one for me and one for trading in, and bought a Nioh 2 and Destroy All Humans. Nioh 2 has that free PS5 upgrade so I picked it up, and DAH is something I kept looking at since it came out last year. Immortals for Xbox wasn't on sale, neither was the PS5 edition. I'm sure there were probably more titles on clearance but that's what my store had. They had orange price tags on the row of price tags for the games that are behind that locked case thing they use.
one target 20 miles away from me had every single one of these prices but every game is sold out heh

Off topic but be careful about cancelling too many games with the B2G1 promo guys. I was on SD and a member noted his account being permanently banned from doing it too many times.
Probably more to it than he is letting on. I mean if you regularly do shopping for things at Target then I bet they will overlook some cancellations. But if all you do is order when these b2g1 sales are on then yeah I bet you get blocked. And it’s not like a person decides, it’s a computer algorithm most likely.

only a SDer could fuck this up. Why even do multiple cancellations? after 2 it is a waste and you might as well have kept the original order, unless they just want 1 game at every price point or something. probably had an account full of returns and price errors too.

I'd suspect the warning isn't just confined to one B2G1 sale. Target does several of these every year and constant abuse should put a bullseye (heh) on the buyer.

I don't see how it's abuse. It's not like you couldn't return one or more games after receiving them anyway to get the prorated discount that way. If they don't want it happening and are going to be anal about it then they should just give 33% off without having to multi-buy and be done with it.

I don't see how it's abuse. It's not like you couldn't return one or more games after receiving them anyway to get the prorated discount that way. If they don't want it happening and are going to be anal about it then they should just give 33% off without having to multi-buy and be done with it.
Agreed. You have to think there is more going on than just what the SDer is letting on. As others have correctly pointed out, canceling part of your order is NOT any trick. It's exactly how Target handles these sales and returns, and has ALWAYS been the case.

Frankly, during these Covid-19 times, I would imagine the retailer would actually prefer you cancel the order and NOT return them physically in-store. It avoids having to quarantine products before they're returned to shelves.

Last edited by a moderator:
There would require an absolute insane amount of purchases to warrant scrutiny. They don't target casual "abuse" from these sales, only people that are ordering like 50-100 copies with clear intentions of reselling or otherwise.

not the best prices but the switch pokemon let's go games and pokken tournament are $37.49 at target B&M as they are 25% off and have a MSRP of $49.99 in store.

Went to the Target in Northridge, CA (on Corbin Ave, not Balboa...that one is called Sherwood Forest for some reason) and saw a bunch of home stuff on clearance, mostly for kids rooms as far as I could tell:
50b2cdc7efdba11f397620f066d83dbf.jpg

6e70d538e6d970d03f75f7f27ec49403.jpg

322bb352e4f2121dbc617caa507213d8.jpg

adcf0dad01d1c869320e25832a3a887f.jpg

03e74b6f01f860b605e001751f70f66a.jpg

1b9a5cf15557eb81fd9b7da298459f99.jpg

d7bf774093dd4811f305a755f72e40e0.jpg

I just picked the PS4 one a little while ago because it said 50% off of $40 but rang as $11.99. There were like 10 copies on the clearance wall.

Found a single Monster Hunter World Iceborne Master Edition X1 - 207 32 0201 - $11.99, quite happy
Ooh, I've got 2 stores close by showing actual instock and BS showing that price. How does Iceborne work anyways? Is it a code to go with the base game on disc?

Ultimate lazy CAG: special request in my Shipt order along with groceries

Just two stores have it instock near me about 7 miles away lol. Anyway sucks prices went back up for games I want from target. There’s 10% going on but I bet it’s gonna be hard stacking that with price match. Works on some ps5 pre orders tho but nothing I’m interested in right now

Target Circle users should now have two additional offers that are good for this week only:

- 10% off any one select electronics or video game item

- 25% off any one select toy.

You have to add the offer to your Target Circle account, and it's probably not going to work on any physical Nintendo-published games or systems.

But after checking the Target website, it looks like it might work on Nintendo eShop, PlayStation Network, Steam, and Xbox Live cards.

Anyone know how Target handles returns that qualified for a $10 gift card for purchasing? I preordered the X-Men transformers figure last year that qualified for the free gift card with purchase and now that I just got it in the mail I'm wondering if I can sweeten the deal by returning it and re-buying with the new 25% off one toy coupon.

Anyone know how Target handles returns that qualified for a $10 gift card for purchasing? I preordered the X-Men transformers figure last year that qualified for the free gift card with purchase and now that I just got it in the mail I'm wondering if I can sweeten the deal by returning it and re-buying with the new 25% off one toy coupon.
from my experience, they charged you for the gift card and took that amount off the figure. so if you return it, you would get the prorated portion back, then have to rebuy for full price and get the 25% off full price. not sure if that would be worth it for you.

Price error on the physical Mario Tennis Aces online. It was supposed to be 38.99, but they have applied another 35% off so it’s $25.01. Don’t know how long it will last since it is an error.

https://www.target.com/p/mario-tennis-aces-nintendo-switch/-/A-82518575?preselect=54297164#lnk=sametab

Don’t know how to fix the target link so it starts on physical not digital.
Was able to do an in store pickup at 7am today. The deal seemed to fix itself around 10am. Picked it up after work with no issue.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Switch games are excluded.
yep except for mario tennis aces and supposedly some preorder games it's only supposed to work on select games. From what I understand there's a ymmv 25% off coupon that stacks with the 10% off. Which is how mario tennis aces was priced at 25.01

yep except for mario tennis aces and supposedly some preorder games it's only supposed to work on select games. From what I understand there's a ymmv 25% off coupon that stacks with the 10% off. Which is how mario tennis aces was priced at 25.01
mario tennis aces was $25.01 because they took 35% off the sale price of $38.49 instead of taking 35% off $59.99

I bought a 128 gb Sandisk Nintendo Switch memory card tonight for $22.49 by price-matching the $24.99 price on the Target website and applying the 10% off coupon.

And, FYI, I tried to buy a clearance toy with the 25% off one select toy coupon tonight, and the discount did not apply when they rang me up.  

So, I'm waiting for Saturday when they might put more toys out so that I can get the most use out of the coupon.

I bought a 128 gb Sandisk Nintendo Switch memory card tonight for $22.49 by price-matching the $24.99 price on the Target website and applying the 10% off coupon.

And, FYI, I tried to buy a clearance toy with the 25% off one select toy coupon tonight, and the discount did not apply when they rang me up.

So, I'm waiting for Saturday when they might put more toys out so that I can get the most use out of the coupon.
Clearance items are typically excluded from these type of coupons.

Nah, the $25.01 price on Mario Tennis Aces required no coupons and came about because the game had already been priced at $38.49 on their website and then the 35% off promo on select Mario games stacked with that..... resulting in $25.01. Was a pricing error that they corrected fairly quickly.

The math that you were suggesting wouldn't work out right anyhow. Typically in a case you were describing where there are two coupons involved, one gets applied first and then the other on the remaining balance so the total % discount is not additive. A 25% off coupon followed by a 10% off (or vice-versa) would end up being 32.5% off, not 35% off.

Thank you for posting about monster hunter, copped a PS4 copy for $11.99. Another game to add to my massive backlog I’ll never touch because yakuza like a dragon is all I play now

Finally picked up a copy of monster hunter iceborne. Have been wanting to pick up the expansion for a while now but didn't want to pay $40. Now I basically have abither full copy of the game with the expansion. Started playing again after a year off last night

Finally picked up a copy of monster hunter iceborne. Have been wanting to pick up the expansion for a while now but didn't want to pay $40. Now I basically have abither full copy of the game with the expansion. Started playing again after a year off last night
So is the PS4 version the entire MH game plus expansion all on one disk?

Squirtle Amiibos were clearanced down to $4 or so. They had several dozen on hand at my store.
In my area it was several months ago for the $4 Amiibos, so long gone now. I picked up Link's Awakening Link and Dark Samus at the time. Also saw Squirtle, Ivysaur, Incineroar but passed on those since I'm not into Pokemon.

Had to actually go and get MHW Iceborne Xbox, was on a sidecap box. Tagged 19.99, rang up the expected 11.99.

Put in console, the disc has the base game and the 10mb unlock key. I couldn't install just the key for some reason so I'm just reinstalling the game since I don't have a data cap and can't be bothered fiddling with it more than a few times.

So its not clearance but an ad question.... They have the Switch advertised in the ad but are they actually not going to have any in stock??
Switches (and Switch Lites) are not difficult to find anymore. I frequently see them in stock at Targets near me. They also have them current in stock on their web site, including the limited Mario Red/Blue edition.

bread's done
Back