Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Just something stupid that happened to me. Silk Oatmilk is on sale for $2.99 and there are two Target Circle coupons one for 25% off and a manufacturers coupon for $2 off but when you scan the item on the register it only applies the 25% off and not the $2 coupon. I went to self check out and the gentleman that helped me ended up charging me double for one carton then applied the percent off and $2 coupon ending with a final price of $1.74 for the carton. Now I'm no math genius but from what the register said, the price was $2.99 and the percent off coupon was supposed to apply first then the dollar off coupon which means I should've only been charged .24 cents for the carton. Why bother offering coupons if they're not gonna work when applied? BTW I double checked and both coupons applied for a single carton and they had no restrictions from being applied with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just something stupid that happened to me. Silk Oatmilk is on sale for $2.99 and there are two Target Circle coupons one for 25% off and a manufacturers coupon for $2 off but when you scan the item on the register it only applies the 25% off and not the $2 coupon. I went to self check out and the gentleman that helped me ended up charging me double for one carton then applied the percent off and $2 coupon ending with a final price of $1.74 for the carton. Now I'm no math genius but from what the register said, the price was $2.99 and the percent off coupon was supposed to apply first then the dollar off coupon which means I should've only been charged .24 cents for the carton. Why bother offering coupons if they're not gonna work when applied? BTW I double checked and both coupons applied for a single carton and they had no restrictions from being applied with each other.
I think it's only one coupon per item, and I just unclipped the 25% coupon to get the $2 off for the milk.

WD 4TB External Hard Drive for PS4 - $35.99 - 70% OFF - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=056-02-7100
There's one store in this area showing that price and they appear to have 1 left but I probably won't bother as it's not all that close. Plus my interest in it would be for shucking the drive and from what I could tell (albeit admittedly a quick search) it seems like the Western Digital portable/compact drives tend to have the USB port soldered onto the drive and thus not be shuckable.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread, but does anyone know if Target will price match Wal-Mart's in store prices? Specifically for AAA Switch games that are $49.99 in store. I found a photo of the price tag online to show a Target employee. (The game is Animal Crossing).

Mainly wanting to try this to get the 5% off with my Red card. Thank you to anyone who has experience and can help me out here.

Edit: this will be a store purchase, not online btw.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread, but does anyone know if Target will price match Wal-Mart's in store prices? Specifically for AAA Switch games that are $49.99 in store. I found a photo of the price tag online to show a Target employee. (The game is Animal Crossing).

Mainly wanting to try this to get the 5% off with my Red card. Thank you to anyone who has experience and can help me out here.

ymmv, whenever I PM they verify the on-line price but you can tell them it's in-store and see what they do.

Unless it's the online price at Walmart.com, I don't think it's likely they would do it.

However, if you ask nicely, may be you'll get a rep there who'll bend the rules. I wouldn't push it though if they tell you no.

I agree with the above posts.

But I'll add, as a person with a Target employee in their family, they technically do NOT price match Walmart store prices. Only the website prices. You can show them store prices on the Walmart app but that's YMMV. A rep can say OH I see, or that's not the price I see. For them, if the product isn't listed on that price online, or in stock, they don't have to price match.

Thanks a lot, everyone. It seems like it's the same price online at walmart.com and the Target rep on the phone is going to do the PM.

You guys are the best.

(This is for my gf btw. RIP to my Switch play time. Haha)

Unless it's the online price at Walmart.com, I don't think it's likely they would do it.

However, if you ask nicely, may be you'll get a rep there who'll bend the rules. I wouldn't push it though if they tell you no.
And don't ever show the Target associate Brickseek. Loose lips sink ships. :whistle2:#

This is the one thing that bothers me about the Walmart app. 10/10 times the price will be lower in store and shows as lower in store on the app but the moment someone presses on the item page it shows the much higher online price and the reps will go "welp, the item is higher online and the lower price isn't showing up in our system".

That sucks. I’ve never had the Walmart app not match the in-store price when going through checkout.

The Target app only gives me online prices but thankfully they still have plenty of scanners

Target Circle currently has a 30% off one game deal and it appears to work with some preorders. I was able to use it + 5% redcard discount to get Elden Rings for PS5 for $43.18 out the door.

Worth checking your Target circle coupon area of the app and seeing what else it might work with.

Target Circle currently has a 30% off one game deal and it appears to work with some preorders. I was able to use it + 5% redcard discount to get Elden Rings for PS5 for $43.18 out the door.

Worth checking your Target circle coupon area of the app and seeing what else it might work with.
It’s YMMV, but if you have it, it’s one time use, not just one item. I have 5 games in my cart and it’s applying to all of them.

Nice! Second time I've seen this deal happen, and second time I HAVENT gotten it! Not having the redcard bites me again, but still not worth it even for stuff like this. Wish that wasn't the deciding factor.

Where exactly are you getting this from or are you just making it up
Just a common sense assumption. Everyone I've seen that has gotten the deal has had a redcard. Haven't seen anyone without the redcard get it. Sure there are probably some rare outliers, but it's a fairly understandable concept of judging. Difficult to understand for some, I guess. I'd suggest sticking to the GS flipping if this is *too* difficult.

Just a common sense assumption. Everyone I've seen that has gotten the deal has had a redcard. Haven't seen anyone without the redcard get it. Sure there are probably some rare outliers, but it's a fairly understandable concept of judging. Difficult to understand for some, I guess. I'd suggest sticking to the GS flipping if this is *too* difficult.
Yeah, you made it up.

coincidence and nothing more as I didn't have a red card until earlier this year and had circle and kartwheel offers occasionally. its ymmv nothing more nothing less.

Some good deals to be had on Switch games with the 30% off coupon good until 9/4.

Before/After coupon prices as of 8/31

DK Country Tropical Freeze - $43.99 ~ $31.80

Super Mario Odyssey - $40.49 ~ $28.34

Monster Hunter Rise - $47.49 (ends 9/1) ~$33.24

Placed my order with the 30%.  I seem to get these most times, but I know Target has a lot of info on me (probably even knows how old my kids are based on buying diapers there when they were babies).  

Managed to apply it to a few preorders even though it was supposed to exclude them 

Cruis’n Blast

Nickelodeon All star Brawl

Cupid Parasite

Life is Strange: True Colors

AI the somnium files nirvana initiative

For those of you like me that didn't get this 30% coupon, you can use the Amazon $15 off $25 coupon and apply it to the Breath of the Wild 2 pre-order. It's not a bad consolation coupon/discount at all.

The Spin was on sale last week for $199 and I picked it up with some gift cards I had, very nice little Chromebook. I don't see any around me on clearance for that price, but if you're thinking about one and can find it for that price I'd recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No. The coupon terms state preorders are excluded. Some slipped through and work but none of the Nintendo 1st party games did.
I was able to get the coupon to work on the Pokemon diamond and pearl dual pack. It also stacked with this weeks sales on some 1st party Nintendo titles like Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion, and Super Mario Bros U Deluxe. I also picked up Hades which was on sale as well.

People commented on that in the Nintendo eShop thread that they cancelled any orders people made.
Yeah I heard about cancelled orders. I went in-store and managed to pick up a copy for $11.99 at nearby location though. I did not order online.

Anyway nevermind, as it looks like the price has reverted and it's showing as full price on Brickseek now. Was quite short-lived, sorry to those who may have missed out :(

Was kind of hoping that this might potentially be signalling that Target was finally doing a round of clearance on some video games again but I guess not. As I recall December/January is when they have typically done such in recent years though.

Some actual clearance at my target today!
Just dance 2019 ps4 20.99
Crash trilogy Xbox 16.99
Cod black ops 3 20.99
Spyro trilogy Xbox 19.99
Sims 4 cats ps4 24.99
Dbz fighters ps4 9.99

bread's done
Back