Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Looks like Target CLEARANCE is brrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk!!! 

seen at 2 different targets in my area...

evidence below:

[attachment=36077:Target 1.jpg][attachment=36078:Target 2.jpg][attachment=36079:Target 3.jpg][attachment=36080:Target 4.jpg][attachment=36081:Target 5.jpg][attachment=36082:Target 6.jpg]

Is the Yakuza game worth it? Have never played any but have heard its basically Shen Mue in Tokyo...  sandbox galore in modern day EDO. 

Also appreciate any thoughts on that Star Wars coding apparatus, would be for my lil seeds obviously..

Yakuza 6 has been that price for years.

You'd probably be better off picking them up digitally on PSN or PC since they are frequently on sale and or bundled. It's a 7 game series for Kiryus journey with 6 being the final one. 7 like a dragon starts with the new protagonist and new combat engine.

Another option if you have gamepass they are on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yakuza 6 has been that price for years.

You'd probably be better off picking them up digitally on PSN or PC since they are frequently on sale and or bundled. It's a 7 game series for Kiryus journey with 6 being the final one. 7 like a dragon starts with the new protagonist and new combat engine.

Another option if you have gamepass they are on there.
I suppose the game being the ESSENCE OF ART Edition is irrelevant?

Regardless, Good info to know, very much appreciated, thank you!

I suppose the game being the ESSENCE OF ART Edition is irrelevant?

Regardless, Good info to know, very much appreciated, thank you!
yes that edition has been that price for a long time.

Now if it was the edition with the glasses, coasters and whatever that would be a steal at 20.

My apologies I should have been more specific. It's been that price at target for a long time. No clue about anywhere else.

Not sure why'd you mention gamestop.  The chances of getting the game to come in the original case through them is slim to none. 

They do have it for ps4 for 17.99 though. 14.99 new on the canadian website apparently https://www.gamestop.ca/PS4/Games/736051

I checked and it was 19.99 at best buy as well but sold out on the website.  

My apologies I should have been more specific. It's been that price at target for a long time. No clue about anywhere else.

Not sure why'd you mention gamestop. The chances of getting the game to come in the original case through them is slim to none.
They do have it for ps4 for 17.99 though. 14.99 new on the canadian website apparently https://www.gamestop.ca/PS4/Games/736051
I checked and it was 19.99 at best buy as well but sold out on the website.
I grabbed it at $9 (I think) last summer at Walmart. Obviously a long time ago, YMMV at the time and even more so now, but while $20 isn't necessarily a "deal", the game itself is absolutely worth $20 brand new. One of the best series' ever made.

Huh, I haven't paid much attention to the gaming dept at Target in a while since I don't really buy much these days but those newer mini-arcades are something I'll keep an eye on. I get a kick out the few I already have as decor.

Huh, I haven't paid much attention to the gaming dept at Target in a while since I don't really buy much these days but those newer mini-arcades are something I'll keep an eye on. I get a kick out the few I already have as decor.
SAME..

would be all over that SFII jawn if it was at any level of clearance..

It's Sunday.  I checked my Circle account, and there was a new offer for 10% off one electronics or video game item.  

Better than nothing.

Which is what I usually get.  :shock:

I ordered Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, Metroid Dread, and Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp during the last B2G1 sale. Story of Seasons came June 19 and Metroid and Advance Wars was canceled August 19, but not by me. What should I do in this situation?

Edit: I received this email on august 19, but I didn't read it until now. I don't see what could have happened.

Hi,

We’re sorry to inform you that we had to cancel items from your order #. We were unable to collect funds because of an issue that prevented us from processing the payment. You have not been charged for the canceled items. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for being our guest.

I spoke to two representatives because I got booted out of the chat once. They couldn't replicate the b2g1 free deal on Metroid Dread and Advance Wars since they were preorders and b2g1 was not running, so they discounted them by 20%. Better than nothing

I ordered Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, Metroid Dread, and Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp during the last B2G1 sale. Story of Seasons came June 19 and Metroid and Advance Wars was canceled August 19, but not by me. What should I do in this situation?

Edit: I received this email on august 19, but I didn't read it until now. I don't see what could have happened.

Hi,
We’re sorry to inform you that we had to cancel items from your order #. We were unable to collect funds because of an issue that prevented us from processing the payment. You have not been charged for the canceled items. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for being our guest.
I think what happened was they realized that those games were mistakenly included in the B2G1 free promo (all pre-orders are supposed to be excluded -- and most first-party Nintendo games as well) so they used a false payment issue as an excuse to cancel them. They don't charge for items until they ship so the whole thing sounds very suspect. In this situation one could trying calling their corporate number to file a complaint (which it sounds like you did) but technically they are not obligated to honor the order.

I think what happened was they realized that those games were mistakenly included in the B2G1 promo (all pre-orders are supposed to be excluded) so they used a false payment issue as an excuse to cancel them. They don't charge for items until they ship so the whole thing sounds very suspect. In this situation one could trying calling their corporate number to file a complaint (which it sounds like you did) but technically they are not obligated to honor the order.
I think target does use random authorizations until the order ships to ensure the amount is there so if a debit card was used with insufficient funds it would cancel. If that's not the case then no idea how they could justify it, I wonder if anyone else who pre ordered those games got a cancellation?

I think target does use random authorizations until the order ships to ensure the amount is there so if a debit card was used with insufficient funds it would cancel. If that's not the case then no idea how they could justify it, I wonder if anyone else who pre ordered those games got a cancellation?
I could see it perhaps being done once when the order is initially placed and then again whenever an item ships but to do it continuously..... that doesn't make sense to me. I mean someone is probably using it for other things in the meantime and all that really matters is that the available balance is there when it's actually time to ship the item and not before that. Personally I think it more likely they just wanted to cancel the order to nullify their previous promotional/pricing error and there is no proper justification for it.

I could see it perhaps being done once when the order is initially placed and then again whenever an item ships but to do it continuously..... that doesn't make sense to me. I mean someone is probably using it for other things in the meantime and all that really matters is that the available balance is there when it's actually time to ship the item and not before that. Personally I think it more likely they just wanted to cancel the order to nullify their previous promotional/pricing error and there is no proper justification for it.
I'm not saying it makes sense, but it's what target does. I have a OLED switch pre order with them and the authorization for $300+ is there right now, it either never drops off or it randomly does re authorizations and if you don't have the funds whenever the authorization is there it will cancel. Also have a game pre ordered and it's the same thing.

Edit: just checked and it did the authorization on September 17th and I pre ordered in July.

I spoke to two representatives because I got booted out of the chat once. They couldn't replicate the b2g1 free deal on Metroid Dread and Advance Wars since they were preorders and b2g1 was not running, so they discounted them by 20%. Better than nothing
exactly why I never preorder with target, that continuely charge the card on file weekly, let it drop off, charge it again, let it drop off, rinse & repeat. If anyone of those charges fails for any reason you lose your order/preorder. Target is the only retailer that does this that I know of.

This is exactly why I have a Target Red Card credit card (and not have them debit my bank account).  Do all Target preorders with that card, and not have to worry about all the rolling authorizations.

Cool, cool. I hadn’t gotten one in a while so it was a nice surprise.
Same here, but I think everyone got it..... so not feeling special :cry:

exactly why I never preorder with target, that continuely charge the card on file weekly, let it drop off, charge it again, let it drop off, rinse & repeat. If anyone of those charges fails for any reason you lose your order/preorder. Target is the only retailer that does this that I know of.
Wow, if that's truly the case then that's kind of crazy. I could definitely see how it could potentially throw a monkeywrench into things and ruin someone's plans.

This is exactly why I have a Target Red Card credit card (and not have them debit my bank account). Do all Target preorders with that card, and not have to worry about all the rolling authorizations.
Absolutely this. You can also get the debit card if you don't want to open a new credit card. Even normal purchases take a few days to show up on your bank account. I've never had an issue w payment for pre orders with it, even went to double check my pre orders for Metroid, Wars and Mario Party and they're still there just fine

I think they might be giving extra discounts on clearance. Crash was tagged 16 but rang up at 10, and every other clearance item I tested in the store was ringing up 25-50% off the marked clearance price. I got a Tile Mate, on clearance for 21.xx, for 12.49.

I think they might be giving extra discounts on clearance. Crash was tagged 16 but rang up at 10, and every other clearance item I tested in the store was ringing up 25-50% off the marked clearance price. I got a Tile Mate, on clearance for 21.xx, for 12.49.
The stickers or price tags probably just hadn't been updated to reflect the current clearance discount. Generally speaking they transition from 30% off to 50% to 70% and then after that the item gets pulled for salvage. On the rare occasion you may see more than 70% off in certain departments or categories.

The stickers or price tags probably just hadn't been updated to reflect the current clearance discount. Generally speaking they transition from 30% off to 50% to 70% and then after that the item gets pulled for salvage. On the rare occasion you may see more than 70% off in certain departments or categories.
Dig it.

I'm just stoked at the 50% off the Tile.

On the extremely rare occassion a couple years ago they'd go 70% then 90% discount. It's how I got RE7 and Megoman 11 for 4 and 5 dollars.

Couple of stealth clearance games found while searching for the Crash Trilogy (it's unclear if these copies of Spyro are the reprints that have all three games on disc):

:ps4:
Spyro Reignited Trilogy https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-34-1858 $39.99 -> $11.99
Darksiders III https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-34-1703 $39.99 -> $11.99
Dragon Ball Fighter Z https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-34-1748 $19.99 -> $5.99

:xb1:
Spyro Reignited Trilogy https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-32-1858 $39.99 -> $11.99

Like other people in this thread, I found :ps4: Yakuza 6 (Essence of Art ed.) marked at $19.99, but it actually rang up for $11.99. Not a bad deal if you're looking for something to use the 10% off coupon on. 

They also had a literal pile of games dumped in the clearance rack, but everything rang up for normal prices as far as I could tell. Maybe price drops incoming? 

They also had a literal pile of games dumped in the clearance rack, but everything rang up for normal prices as far as I could tell. Maybe price drops incoming?
In my experience that's par for the course for Target, at least around here. The past few years they've done a round of clearance on some discontinued games in December/January and the rest of the year they just let them sit and collect dust at full price.

Looks like Target CLEARANCE is brrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

seen at 2 different targets in my area...

evidence below:

attachicon.gif
Target 1.jpg
attachicon.gif
Target 2.jpg
attachicon.gif
FYI: The contra joints are now down to $14.99 each...

Almost bought the handheld ones because apparently you can llnk them together.. but even at $30 will I ever truly use them much less get my $$'s worth out of it?

anyone know why we can't find them on Target app or BS tho?

They might have been in store exclusive and not sold online OR they sold out online and removed them from the system and only show up regionally in stores that still have units in stock.

YMMV, lucky people will have a 40% off video games coupon Target circle offer.

Not supposed to work on the usual: Sony 1st party, new releases and pre orders.

As usual some preorders slipped through.  

For Switch some of the preorders it works on are Astria Ascending, Blue Reflection second light, Big brain Academy, Alchemic Cutie, Life is Strange True Colors, The Cruel king and the Great Hero and Death End re quest 2.

Not a preorder but it works on Ys Ix which is currently 48.49 bringing down to $29.  Some 1st party Switch games are currently discounted so with the coupon they end up under $30 (paper Mario, Mario odyssey, donkey Kong, breath of the wild, etc).

Yoooo that 40% is working on pretty much every pre order added since last month. I've got like half the PS5 games for 2021 on my wishlist for 45% off after red card.

PSA it works on Horizon Forbidden West too, but the PS4 version is $10 cheaper before discount

Yoooo that 40% is working on pretty much every pre order added since last month. I've got like half the PS5 games for 2021 on my wishlist for 45% off after red card.

PSA it works on Horizon Forbidden West too, but the PS4 version is $10 cheaper before discount
Isn't it 40% off then 5% off? If so its not 45% off but its close.

Isn't it 40% off then 5% off? If so its not 45% off but its close.
Nope, with target the 5% from red card stacks with any circle offers. It's handled like a separate coupon at checkout

EDIT: I rechecked my math and actually I think you're right, but still haven't gotten so many new games for such big discounts at launch since GCU days, hot dang

Works with all versions of Hidden West, Tiny Tina, Stalker 2, Gran Turismo 7, Alan Wake, and Saints Row.

Didn’t work with Battlefield, Elden Ring, Far Cry 6, Cruisn Blast, Tales of Arise, and a number of others.

Best deal, if you’re into special editions, is probably $80 off the Horizon Forbidden West CE.

is it zipcode based or something? does having more accounts do anything even
No, I don’t think it’s zip code based. Most likely based on prior overall (not just video game) purchases at Target.

I’m pretty sure Target has a good idea what ages my kids are since I’ve been shopping there since the kids were in diapers. And now I buy my school supplies and clothes there.

is it zipcode based or something? does having more accounts do anything even
Best I understand it, personalized Circle deals are generally determined by shopping habits. Idk if it's something to do with how often you do or don't buy games from there, or if it's genuinely just a lotto system. My friends who rarely shop at target much at all never get the game offers if that's worth anything. Might just be statistical upselling

bread's done
Back