Target Clearance Thread XXIV

By any chance was it this one?
https://www.target.com/p/casio-casiotone-61-key-digital-keyboard-ct-s195/-/A-79781984
If so, it’s $120 at every location around me, but I’d definitely pick it up if it was 30% off and qualified for the extra 10% off Circle deal.
Yup. That's the one. It had a few different UPC codes on the box. Only one of them showed the $83.99 price. That was the one that I scanned at the self-checkout counter, and the 10% off one electronics item Circle offer applied. I thought it was an online return at first.

Stopped in at an out of town Target to see if there were any new drops and had a good laugh..Still at $30!

attachicon.gif
20211010_085022.jpg
attachicon.gif
20211010_085019.jpg
I'm not sure what's more amusing: The fact that they are still $30 or that they have an annual sports game from 2019 (technically 2018 since they always come out prior) in lock cases. These should have been either put on clearance or salvaged long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked BS on this and the Spyro Trilogy and it shows they're back to full price!
It's possible it may be wrong. From what I've seen in-store pricing for Target on Brickseek is not working properly right now and hasn't for like a week or so. I've recently had my eye on a couple of clearance items at my local store which are marked down but for which I was waiting to drop further and Brickseek incorrectly shows them as full price (which is not the result scanning them in the store), whereas prior to the ongoing issue they did correctly show as discounted.

There is also this warning message on the Target inventory checker (which may get blocked by your ad-blocker for whatever reason):

Target has made some recent changes to their internal systems. At times, this may affect some search results, as well as some of the associated Target feeds. We are grateful for your patience as we adapt to these latest changes.

While not a clearance, I stopped at the target in Sicklerville NJ and came across Metroid Dread Amiibos. Still surprised to see them in the wild.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

While not a clearance, I stopped at the target in Sicklerville NJ and came across Metroid Dread Amiibos. Still surprised to see them in the wild.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I also saw Metroid Dread amiibos in Target as well as GameStop

They might become as common as the Skyward Sword amiibos

I wouldn't bother anymore for anybody still thinking of snagging a JBL Tune 750 I went to four different Targets and even the ones that BS said had they DID NOT have them. Even their own systems aren't reliable. The first one I went to said they didn't have any more but that their system said the one a couple miles away did. I call them and they don't pick up so I drive there and they tell me their system says they don't have any. I looked anyway and yeah they didn't have them. They had Tune 760s instead.

My Target looks like a bomb went off in the electronics department after the re-model.  Stacks of merch in the aisles, dis-array on shelves.

What I did find marked for clearance just thrown in cardboard boxes, not sure if they're staying in the store or being shipped elsewhere:

:ps4: Battlefield 1 $14.89

:xb1: Injustice 2 $14.99

:xb1: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Edition $12.59

I wonder why Gamestop stopped their DOTD.
That was always their intention. They stopped the used discount for pro members but replaced it with $5 coupons and daily deals. But the point was to make previous pro members feel as if they gained something, before slowly removing it before people got used to it.

Don't be surprised when the $5 rewards changes to be every 6 months (or similar) to nothing at all. And just like when they removed the 10% used discount, they'll say you're getting a better deal, when you're getting a worst one.

Let's look back at previous incentives GameStop had.

- 10% off used games with pro
- Online rewards certificates that worked
- Dollar amount off used rewards certificates
- More points given for trades and buying
- Physical / emailed coupons for 20% off select games by console (this is a real throwback that they used to do during the PSP era). Physical coupons in general.
- B2G1 free coupon for renewing / getting pro
- $50 in exclusive offers each month (these varied per month)
- And the best of them all, removing Elite Pro (which had 30 points per dollar spent, 20% off used games and 20% trade in bonus)

There's a new Target Circle offer for 25% off one toy or kids' book, and I also got a separate "just for you" offer for a $5 gift card with a $25 purchase of toys or kids' books. Finally a personalized offer for something that isn't cat food or makeup or something, I think I might cry :')

Glad they’re still offering the military/veteran discounts and price matching. Won’t be surprised if they scrap one or both in the future.

Don't be surprised when the $5 rewards changes to be every 6 months (or similar) to nothing at all. And just like when they removed the 10% used discount, they'll say you're getting a better deal, when you're getting a worst one.
It won't change to every 6 months lmao. The objective was to drive repeat traffic to the store of the profitable nature. Yes, the new program is worse for people who come in and buy tons of preowned every week. But the average pro member spends under $400 a year total on everything. So they weren't even saving $5 a month with the 10% off preowned. The new program is $5 off, period. Works on digital and new which the old one didn't. You had to buy $600 in preowned in a year under the old program which most people didn't.

That's why the change was made, it's to drive traffic. The old program was losing too much money for the large spenders, doubly so for elite pro and doing nothing to increase profit by bringing people back in. Does the $5 mean it's the best path? No, it doesn't, but that's why they changed it.

It won't change to every 6 months lmao. The objective was to drive repeat traffic to the store of the profitable nature. Yes, the new program is worse for people who come in and buy tons of preowned every week. But the average pro member spends under $400 a year total on everything. So they weren't even saving $5 a month with the 10% off preowned. The new program is $5 off, period. Works on digital and new which the old one didn't. You had to buy $600 in preowned in a year under the old program which most people didn't.

That's why the change was made, it's to drive traffic. The old program was losing too much money for the large spenders, doubly so for elite pro and doing nothing to increase profit by bringing people back in. Does the $5 mean it's the best path? No, it doesn't, but that's why they changed it.
I didn't say it didn't drive traffic. I simply said Gamestop is known for slowly removing programs for worst options. That $5 monthly coupon might drive for more customers, but it isn't really better for customers by and large compared to Elite Pro or their other programs that was common place before.

But they are business, they want to maximize profits and drive traffic. Having percent off, daily deals and more rewards wasn't going to be a long term plan as they rather you save a little vs a lot, and still come into the store at the same rate.

EDIT: Also, let's not be pedantic here and assume those other discount programs was only good for those that bought a lot. That $5 coupon is nice but it isn't better for people even if they bought 1 game. With Elite Pro, you saved 20% per game. At $55 for a used game (that is newly released), you would save $11 on that game. Much better than a $5 coupon you can only use once a month. Gamestop knows what they are doing but let's not make it seem like you have to buy a bunch of games in order to get more savings on these prior programs and incentives.

The engagement rates on the $50 in monthly offers was below single digits which is why it was discontinued.  The daily deals were repeating a lot often recently as there just weren't many vendors making partnership deals,  can't do much when both sides aren't contributing. 

The more points point is still the same?  so that hasn't gone away at all.  The online site/coupons issue is definitely a thing, yes.  However that whole website needs shut down and rebuilt from the ground up instead of slapping overlay after overlay on the same backend which will never happen so just avoid at all costs. 

I definitely miss the coupons they used to print inside the physical magazines and have weekly though, but thats been over 10 years now.

If anyone preordered rainbow six extraction during one of the b2g1 sales they had the last few months it looks like they canceled them citing that you failed to approve the delay but they never sent a delay email

Sorry if this is a little OT. How exactly do pre-orders work when using the RedCard? In my case, I have the debit RedCard. I had wanted to pre-order the Xbox Series 20th Anniversary Controller when it was available. Lost out because I couldn’t remember if they place a pre-authorization for the total or if they don’t charge until the order is being shipped.

Sorry if this is a little OT. How exactly do pre-orders work when using the RedCard? In my case, I have the debit RedCard. I had wanted to pre-order the Xbox Series 20th Anniversary Controller when it was available. Lost out because I couldn’t remember if they place a pre-authorization for the total or if they don’t charge until the order is being shipped.
They continually preauthorize. I think they do it every week.

I'm just waiting for gamestop to reduce the prices on thier expensive preowned games by $5 down to $50, that was heavily insinuated by the employees when it changed. That should be going into effect any day now

I'm just waiting for gamestop to reduce the prices on thier expensive preowned games f but $5 down to $50, that was heavily insinuated by the employees when it changed. That should be going into effect any day now
I heard that sales pitch too. I didn't believe it then and I can see now that was the correct belief. I still have pro to get the trade in bonus and in my state , items purchased with trade credit don't incur sales tax. It's how I buy my consoles. The only challenge is that I need make the purchase in store

They continually preauthorize. I think they do it every week.
I've pre-ordered several different games & collectibles with my RedCard Debit Card over the last few years and wasn't charged until each item's respective ship date.

Maybe the RedCard Credit Card gets preauthorized when you place an order (I know non-Target branded credit cards do) but I've never had it happen with the Debit Card.

I've pre-ordered several different games & collectibles with my RedCard Debit Card over the last few years and wasn't charged until each item's respective ship date.
Maybe the RedCard Credit Card gets preauthorized when you place an order (I know non-Target branded credit cards do) but I've never had it happen with the Debit Card.
Well, that's good to know. A little bit bummed I missed out on the controller because I wasn't sure. It's all good though, thanks for the info!

Even once the red card gets run, it often takes a few days to process, so you've got a moment to sort any money out if you need to

The boardgames are just on sale. Horrified also has a new edition out with American monsters. There are a lot of decent boardgames on sale for 20% off online that stack with the 25% off one toy coupon.
Hmmm looks like you are right. Same prices as those listed above on their website, except for Betrayal at House on the Hill which is actually cheaper online.

Horrified is excellent; the new version is just a reskinned game so unless you absolutely need more content/monsters then just go with the one you prefer/already have.

bread's done
Back