Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Really random question, if I bought a PS5 controller 20 days ago and one of the joysticks isn’t working correctly, can I exchange it with the receipt?

Never had a defective item from Target and all I see is the return policy for video games/software.

Really random question, if I bought a PS5 controller 20 days ago and one of the joysticks isn’t working correctly, can I exchange it with the receipt?

Never had a defective item from Target and all I see is the return policy for video games/software.
yeah and if you bought it in Oct you have until sometime in jan due to the holiday return policy

Found a single copy of XCOM 2 Collection  :ps4:  for $11.99 clearance.  Odd price for clearance but it's yellow stickered.  Shows no inventory at any local store on brickseek and I don't remember seeing it before.  Probably a back room find.

XCOM 2: Collection – PlayStation 4 – Target Inventory Checker – BrickSeek

They also had a dozen or so copies of FIFA 19 for $8.99.  Also some Lego ninja game mentioned on here earlier.

Glad to have found XCOM, been wanting the collection with all the DLC for cheap.

Darksiders 3 PS4 $11.99
207-34-1703

Lego Ninjago Movie PS4 $17.99
207-34-1754

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
The digital version of The Lego Ninjago Movie for PS4 was given away by Warner Bros. Games back in May 2020.

Hopefully, this helps someone before they re-buy the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a couple of Targets on my quest for clearance candy and found Lost Judgment for the ps4 mis-priced at $39.99. I didn't bite thinking it'll be cheaper soon anyway.

My bank changed my credit card number because someone used it fraudulently.

So I now discovered that preorders on target.com arnt eligible for changing the payment method used.

I guess there’s nothing I can do and they’ll all be cancelled? Anyone gone through this? Seems wild in 2021 you can’t change a payment method for a preorder.

My bank changed my credit card number because someone used it fraudulently.

So I now discovered that preorders on target.com arnt eligible for changing the payment method used.

I guess there’s nothing I can do and they’ll all be cancelled? Anyone gone through this? Seems wild in 2021 you can’t change a payment method for a preorder.
Contact target and talk to them. This is not an "ask them" response; rather, I'm sure Target can do something on their end if you explain the situation

Contact target and talk to them. This is not an "ask them" response; rather, I'm sure Target can do something on their end if you explain the situation
Yea I did contact them and they said for preorders they cannot change the payment method. This was just a regular call center person so who knows if thats true - but my first shot was a no go.

Yea I did contact them and they said for preorders they cannot change the payment method. This was just a regular call center person so who knows if thats true - but my first shot was a no go.
While that is true, I've always had success getting them to place a replacement order at the original price, such as when it was part of a B2G1. If the item is out of stock that's a different issue obviously.

Try all the different ways to contact them. If you called them on the phone, try again with someone else and if that still doesn't work, try online chat a few times and if that doesn't work try their social media.

This is probably super YMMV, but I got an email from Target yesterday with subject "Save $20 with Target Circle." It has a Target Circle offer for save $20 when you spend $40 in-store. Excludes a ton of stuff, but should work on Xbox and PS games (not Switch games or any console hardware or accessories).

Slightly off topic, but anyone know if Target price matches the $49.99 Walmart price for games on launch?
Pretty sure they list all launch games at MSRP, but they should definitely price match to Walmart if that’s what shows up online or through the app if it’s in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they list all launch games at MSRP, but they should definitely price match to Walmart if that’s what shows up online or through the app if it’s in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't show them a picture of the price tag in-store and have them price match that?

I do believe they are on the official list at Best Buy as a competitor to price match as well.
It's certainly possible though keep in mind that they might suspend price matching during this time, which is not unusual for the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday period.

Darksiders 3 PS4 $11.99
207-34-1703

Lego Ninjago Movie PS4 $17.99
207-34-1754

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
At my local store, Lego Ninjago Movie and Lego City Undercover (both PS4) were on clearance, but they have now been salvaged.

Today after an associate told me that the copies that I found could not be sold, I walked them both copies up to customer service. The associate up there asked the manager on duty if they could be sold for the clearance sticker prices, but she offered them to me for 50% off.

So I got Lego Ninjago Movie for $8.99 and Lego City Undercover for $7.49 respectively.

I don't know if this will work for anyone else, but the DCPI for Lego City Undercover is 207341652 if you would like to take a shot.

Not sure where to post this, so guess I'll put it here.

I learned today that if you buy something using Target Circle rewards and then return the item, the rewards used are not refunded to your account. They are treated like a coupon and simply disappear.

-Edit-

Circle points do return to your account after some time. The return rep at Target fed me false info. Thanks to eXTechno for clarifying.

I learned today that if you buy something using Target Circle rewards and then return the item, the rewards used are not refunded to your account. They are treated like a coupon and simply disappear.

I made an order of two games over BF, Hitman 3 for $20 and Tales of Arise for $30, and used $26 in Target Circle rewards. I then returned Hitman 3 since I was able to get it used from GameStop for $13 (ie trying to save $7). The way it works out though, the rewards are pro-rated among the items purchased, meaning Hitman got $10.40 of the $26 rewards applied to it. When I returned Hitman, $10 was refunded to my cc, and the $10.40 in Circle points just disappeared. That works out to losing $3 to get pre-owned. Not a big loss, but something I'll pay attention to next time I use Circle points.
I actually did a return rebuy on a Forza Horizon 5 XBox Controller Yesterday

I bought it at MSRP and used $26 in Target Circle Rewards which brought it down to 55 something, when I returned it my card got refunded the 55 something but I didn't check my Target Circle Reward yesterday but the $26 is back today

I called a couple targets to clarify about Target Circle Rewards refund and they say it may take a couple days

most likely its not there for you right now but will show up later

I wish our local Targets did clearance on stuff (or at least had it in sensible places when it's done).

I shouldn't complain, one of them constantly puts games on the $20 shelf and then honors that price, so...

In terms of left over video game deals, from what I can see on Amazon, BestBuy or Walmart and If you don't have them already then you can use it to get:

-Tales of Arise for $34.99 for the PS4 or XBO or $32.32 for the PS5 by Price Matching Amazon and using the coupon to lower it from $39.99 or $37.32 for the PS5.

-RDR2 for the $20 price again for the PS4 by Price Matching Walmart's $25 price or for $30.43 for the XBO by price matching their $35.43 price.

or

-Lost Judgment for $24.99 for any of the three systems by price matching Amazon's $29.99 price.

-Edit-

Circle points do return to your account after some time. The return rep at Target fed me false info. Thanks to eXTechno for clarifying.
If they do indeed come back, that's a good way of extending the expiration date

game wise the only things you can use it on are ps4 and xbox titles and that's it. 

it'd be nice if it stacked with gift cards so you could get some on sale on the 4th with that other promo they will have.

Weird they're doing this again; too bad the $15 off $75 excludes gift cards or else I'd be all over it.
They actually do it every December around this time. I thought the one last month (or two months ago) was the one that was out of the ordinary.

Either way, I save an extra 5% over the redcard so I'll take it.

ran into something new. target employee working in electronics thought that the games in the boxes that are on display were just display boxes and not actual copies of the games even though they are shrink wrapped...

ran into something new. target employee working in electronics thought that the games in the boxes that are on display were just display boxes and not actual copies of the games even though they are shrink wrapped...
Should of asked if you could have the "displays"

Should of asked if you could have the "displays"
LOL. My Target preorder of Blue Reflection 2 (ordered part of buy 2 get 1 free deal) was being delayed weekly. They finally cancelled my order. I ordered it on the first Sunday morning when the deal went live.

On topic: the 10% off (for 12/4 and 12/5) Target gift card deal stacks with the Discover card 5% only online.

LOL. My Target preorder of Blue Reflection 2 (ordered part of buy 2 get 1 free deal) was being delayed weekly. They finally cancelled my order. I ordered it on the first Sunday morning when the deal went live.

On topic: the 10% off (for 12/4 and 12/5) Target gift card deal stacks with the Discover card 5% only online.
Didn't know they stacked. Might be better than using red card.

Last day of Target giftcards being 10% off and the video game giftcards are B1G1 15% off today only.

believe you can still use the Target giftcard to buy the video giftcards, so you could get, for example, $100 in video game giftcards for $83.25 out of pocket.

2 $50 @ B1G1 15% = $92.5

$92.5 in Target giftcard value at 10% off =$83.25

Edit..I could be wrong but I do recall being able to use one last year to get PS space bucks.

Edit edit..looks like I was wrong on the double dip. App won't let me use my current giftcard balance so I suspect it's a no go.

But the 5% redcard does stack on the B1G1 15% off.

bread's done
Back