Target Clearance Thread XXIV

How rare is it to find 3DS games now? I recall they randomly showed up about a month ago. I checked at a few local targets and they didn't have any.

How often does Target have their B2G1 free on video games? Is there any time of year it typically happens like every summer or something? Thanks.
Target's B2G1 are almost always the worst of all the big time sellers, they will raise the prices of all games to full price as soon as it starts. I remember one time they had Mario Rabbids for $59.99 during the sale and it was something like $17.99 the day before and nearly everywhere else as well.

Target's B2G1 are almost always the worst of all the big time sellers, they will raise the prices of all games to full price as soon as it starts. I remember one time they had Mario Rabbids for $59.99 during the sale and it was something like $17.99 the day before and nearly everywhere else as well.
I will say I had zero problem getting Target to PM to GameStop during the last B2G1. Made it a lot better when I took one of them back and was able to keep the others at the discount price since it splits across all the games.

How rare is it to find 3DS games now? I recall they randomly showed up about a month ago. I checked at a few local targets and they didn't have any.
In my neck of the woods at least I would say that it has been fairly rare the past couple of years. I've seen the odd game here or there, but stuff that doesn't really have much appeal and just sits there collecting dust, like LBX or the first Yo-Kai Watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you pick it up, you can go to Guest Services and ask them to price match themselves. Just explain to them that the in-store price is cheaper than online and they usually grab a TC scanner and scan the item to see for themselves what the price is in-store and they'll adjust it accordingly. That's usually what happens when I do it regardless if it's a clearance price or not.
Definitely gotta try since an employee lied to me or was just being lazy saying they don’t have anymore of the game. Went back home and placed an order for pick up. I wonder why my order was fulfilled 🤔

Something to really keep an eye out for is online-only returns. I'm not sure what the threshold is for them to put them on the floor and not send back to central returns warehouse in Minneapolis or wherever, but you can find some cool deals that way. I guess the thought is "this item is so niche we aren't even sure if we can sell it in the store so let's take some money off it".
The missus got the entire Skyrim Library hardbacks for something stupid like $40 last year this way. Granted they've come way down in price since, but at the time it was a steal.

Yes and no. When they're new/pre-order games that haven't been on sale yet, the cancel trick comes out to ~35% off with Red Card. It's as close to GCU as we can get anymore these days heh.

Good to know about the price matching. I will try that if the titles I want are temporarily inflated by Target.

no retail stores around me have them anymore

walmart was the last one but they cleareanced everything that was left

Yes and no. When they're new/pre-order games that haven't been on sale yet, the cancel trick comes out to ~35% off with Red Card. It's as close to GCU as we can get anymore these days heh.
Absolutely this. Red card is a must for B2G1, plus if you shop fairly frequently w Target, you can get lucky w coupons. I know when most B2G1s roll around, I'll often have an extra 10-20% circle deal or coupon that stacks with it. I've pretty much pre ordered most of my games through the summer at close to half off this way

Did anyone ever confirm if you're more likely to get gaming coupons if you shop regularly aside from just games? I know targeted circle deals are often based on shopping history, but I know not everyone here will often get the gaming ones.

I typically buy only games, bananas/produce, hashbrowns soda and occasionally small appliances. Like back in august/sept  they had air conditioners on clearance for 44 bucks so I bought one for my mom. I rarely ever get the targeted coupons. Last one I got was the 50% off toys and I think the $ off xx amount purchase. I want to say 25 off 75.

The $ off X can also be great during/before a B2G1, but I think cuz I shop at target a lot generally, mine then to have high buy-ins of $75+. I'm definitely jealous when folks have ones of just $15 or $20

I grabbed my last Target 50% off game, Borderlands 3 for Xbox One, for $6.61 today after applying a Circle balance.

At 70 GB minimum and with no room on my Xbox hard drive, God knows when I will play it.  Or if I will play it.  :oldman:

Ton of games at my local target today. Looked like they had just filled the bin. Could stock an entire store with ps5 watchdogs legion, but I did find a copy of ps5 tales of arise for half off which worked well since I just returned a shirt I didn’t like that I got as a Xmas gift for the same price.

I got oddworld ps5 for $25 through target shipt app last month so maybe these games that are on sale on shipt app are prices for the games instore? I also got Jedi fallen order ps5 for $10 from shipt and it takes two ps4 for 20. Also Tony hawk ps5 for $25. Tales of arise is showing up as $30 on shipt app.

today should be the last day
Too bad there wasnt a definitive list of all games on this sale because the two Targets I have been to already got rid of the bins and everything is slapped into an end cap.... not east to tell anymore what was part of the sale or what was shelf fodder from before...

Too bad there wasnt a definitive list of all games on this sale because the two Targets I have been to already got rid of the bins and everything is slapped into an end cap.... not east to tell anymore what was part of the sale or what was shelf fodder from before...
Even in the bin I just looked through, the games weren't all discounted, and they didn't show as such in the app. Had to find a store scanner that was on, halfway across the store.

I saw a bin a couple weeks ago when I went that had Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Emblem. Now I'm wondering if those were 50% off...

But part of the fun is walking over to the scanner that may or may not be working!

But part of the fun is walking over to the scanner that may or may not be working!
LOL.

One Target here, the scanner next to electronics seems working, has normal display to scan stuff. When you scan something, it starts glitching and the screen looks like it's spinning upwards, then it reboots to the main menu. The closest one is at the other end of the store.

I saw a bin a couple weeks ago when I went that had Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Emblem. Now I'm wondering if those were 50% off...
They were probably just accidentally mixed in like at a couple of stores in my area. I hit up several locations over the past month and did check those two at a few but as far as I observed they were not part of the sale.

How do you know what games are 50% off? I'm not seeing any sign.
There is the handy dandy mega dump post here that was an effort to put together a list of everything that had been recently reported here, but other than that it just seems up to chance.

today should be the last day
Allegedly (yesterday), judging from the photo of the sign that someone posted from one store. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't actually end and was extended. I guess I'll find out in person next time I go. Got some shopping done yesterday though just in case.

This is actually way more representative of Walmart in my experiences. The Target's around here are actually very good about having working scanners everywhere. And they replaced all of the old ones with the newer snazzy touch-screen tablet ones. Just about every Walmart is the polar opposite though and it's like trying to find an oasis in the desert.

Allegedly (yesterday), judging from the photo of the sign that someone posted from one store. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't actually end and was extended. I guess I'll find out in person next time I go. Got some shopping done yesterday though just in case.
my post was from yesterday so it should be over

my post was from yesterday so it should be over
Well I have a store like a mile away and was just there, scanned about a dozen games and they were still on sale. It seems my skepticism about that sign that someone posted earlier and taking the dates as gospel was justified. Have seen this happen before so that's why I took the position I did. I bet the promo will end up running for another 2-3 weeks yet. Last year it ran until Jan 30 if I recall correctly.

Found this when I hit up another store yesterday and was a bit surprised that they still had it:

:switch:

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - $14.99

I doubt you will encounter it at very many locations though.

Yup, 50% is a stilla going onna!
It's a me!, Mario!
attachicon.gif
20220109_191347.jpg
Well there you go. The 1/29 date basically lines up with the end of last year's promo.

Oh and that store has a prop with Mario on a flagpole? lol that's like the kind of thing I'd expect to see at the Nintendo store in NYC, not a random Target. Then again I seem to recall them dressing up the entrance to my local store with a Mario Kart theme at one point and it even played sound effects when you walked in. I forget whether it was for the launch of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or the holiday MK Switch bundle that came later.

Did anyone put together a list of recent clearance games?  Been looking back a few pages and mostly just seeing random mentions.  Help appreciated. 

Could be worse. Someone could have set fire to the clothing department and resulted in your Target being shutdown for a few weeks.

One of my local Targets...

https://youtu.be/4JGqN0Kvy0s

Managed to pick up the following today:
Little Nightmares II (Switch) $19.99
Trials Rising Gold (Switch) $7.99
Steep Road to the Olympics (PS4) $7.99

bread's done
Back