Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Grabbed Fire Emblem Warriors today for $17.99. Glad I didn't listen to the person in this thread who assured me it would just revert back to 60 bucks from $29.99 even though it had a clearance sticker on it. The attendant said it wouldn't likely go any lower than that. There are still about 10 copies left in the Manchester CT store if any one is around there.

Also grabbed Tokyo Mirage Session FE Encore for $29.99. 

Grabbed Fire Emblem Warriors today for $17.99. Glad I didn't listen to the person in this thread who assured me it would just revert back to 60 bucks from $29.99 even though it had a clearance sticker on it. The attendant said it wouldn't likely go any lower than that. There are still about 10 copies left in the Manchester CT store if any one is around there.

Also grabbed Tokyo Mirage Session FE Encore for $29.99.
It will revert back to $60 once the current promotion ends. It's best to not think of this annual clearance event on video games as a permanent 'until the item is gone' thing. It doesn't work that way in this case. And yes, 99% chance it won't go more than the 70% off it is now. This is typically the highest discount that you may see offered on video games and the item will get pulled for salvage rather than go beyond that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will revert back to $60 once the current promotion ends. It's best to not think of this annual clearance event on video games as a permanent 'until the item is gone' thing. It doesn't work that way in this case. And yes, 99% chance it won't go more than the 70% off it is now. This is typically the highest discount that you may see offered on video games and the item will get pulled for salvage rather than go beyond that.
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there a distinction between the normal clearance process for video games (go from 30% -> 50% -> 70% off) and this current sale/promotion where it’s just 50% off from the MSRP? The normal clearance stuff definitely goes to salvage after a certain period of time at 70% off, but the other games will return to normal price after this promo ends in late January. There might be some crossover on a few games here and there, but I’m pretty sure the majority of these games are trying to be cleared out by Target to make room for future stock and this 50% off sale is the quickest way to move product without using a team that basically no longer exists to mark down the games using the normal clearance process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there a distinction between the normal clearance process for video games (go from 30% -> 50% -> 70% off) and this current sale/promotion where it’s just 50% off from the MSRP? The normal clearance stuff definitely goes to salvage after a certain period of time at 70% off, but the other games will return to normal price after this promo ends in late January. There might be some crossover on a few games here and there, but I’m pretty sure the majority of these games are trying to be cleared out by Target to make room for future stock and this 50% off sale is the quickest way to move product without using a team that basically no longer exists to mark down the games using the normal clearance process.
No there isn't in this regard. Target's yearly video game clearance works the same as the regular clearance process, but it instead ends. Just like years before, it hit 30% off and eventually went to 70% off. These items from this sale sometimes goes salvage when it's over too. It's literally the same clearance process, but it has an end date where the items either go back up in price or are removed from the store.

This one ends at the end of the month (forget the exact date). Prices should go back up just as it has every other year for the annual after Christmas clearance.

Target does this mainly to clear stock and make space in the backroom as these are NOP (Not on Planogram) items, otherwise items that have no location space on the sales floor. They have either been on the endcaps for months or in the backroom taking up space. You're right, Target wants to get rid of these items, but they haven't completely given up on such items (most anyways). They'll likely salvage the ones that aren't likely to sell throughout the year, but the rest will go back up in price and be put on endcaps until it's gone.

No there isn't in this regard. Target's yearly video game clearance works the same as the regular clearance process, but it instead ends. Just like years before, it hit 30% off and eventually went to 70% off. These items from this sale sometimes goes salvage when it's over too. It's literally the same clearance process, but it has an end date where the items either go back up in price or are removed from the store.

This one ends at the end of the month (forget the exact date). Prices should go back up just as it has every other year for the annual after Christmas clearance.

Target does this mainly to clear stock and make space in the backroom as these are NOP (Not on Planogram) items, otherwise items that have no location space on the sales floor. They have either been on the endcaps for months or in the backroom taking up space. You're right, Target wants to get rid of these items, but they haven't completely given up on such items (most anyways). They'll likely salvage the ones that aren't likely to sell throughout the year, but the rest will go back up in price and be put on endcaps until it's gone.
Awesome, thanks so much for the clarification!

Went to my local Target last night - didn't see anything amazing. Few games marked here or there discounted, but nothing less than $20 or $30 and nothing I would call a steal. The only thing of note I saw were that there were a LOT of games in general. Older titles especially - a lot of the ones on mega walmart clearance. Its funny - the endcaps had a few games for each aisle/system, but then there was an entire empty shelf next to theTV's filled with games in security cases for all consoles. If I had to guess there were easily 100-150 games sitting there. I scanned a few switch games, and again some were marked down, but nothing insane. 

I had luck at one of the two local targets a long time ago for a copy of Dark Souls switch and Monster Hunter Generations for switch. I think they were both $12 each? I actually got another copy of Mon Hun to play with a friend, but it never really panned out. Target's clearance is usually not super good to me.

Edit : Sorry for any confusion edited the above. Mon Hun rise is not on clearance. 

Monster Hunter Generations was surely what was intended, not Rise:

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-30-0042

The Brickseek links are moot though. They don't work on these items. And as of a few months ago the pricing displayed is largely incorrect on items that do work anyway. As far as Dark Souls and Monster Hunter Generations go it is very unlikely to find either at this point (especially the former) as they were clearanced previously, and even if you did manage to find one it might not even be included in the current promo.

Monster hunter rise is not $12 by me
I'm sure they meant Monster Hunter Generations when they were talking about Monster Hunter for Switch. They said the first game and that it was awhile ago, so probably the annual game clearance a year ago. I definitely recall seeing MH Generations for $14.99 at the time. Monster Hunter Rise is less than a year old and while you might find it off the planogram in some stores now it does not appear to be part of the clearance so nothing to see there. Perhaps the next time around the following December/January.

Didn't I see someone posted about the Pokemon Double Pack being half price?
I think that was for the Pokemon Shield and expansion pass combo pack, which was supposedly half off for $50. It’s in the link dump post here.
Katamari on Switch was $5.99
Katamari Demacy Reroll - $19.99 => $5.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-30-0301
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-30-0042

Found a couple of games tonight not on that list.

Switch
Yooka Laylee & The Impossible Lair 19.99

PS4
Yakuza 0 5.99

XB1
Assassins Creed Unity 4.49

Also I picked up XB1 Aliens Fireteam Elite tonight for 11.99 & PS4 Tales of Vesperia Definitive for 11.99. Scanned Tokyo Mirage FE for Wii U and it was 17.99

Found a couple of games tonight not on that list.

Switch
Yooka Laylee & The Impossible Lair 19.99

PS4
Yakuza 0 5.99

XB1
Assassins Creed Unity 4.49

Also I picked up XB1 Aliens Fireteam Elite tonight for 11.99 & PS4 Tales of Vesperia Definitive for 11.99. Scanned Tokyo Mirage FE for Wii U and it was 17.99
Damn still traveling eh? That Vesperia has been on my want list. Surprised you find it!

Saw world ends with you final remix switch but it scanned at $50.
I think it was part of the sale last year.
Yep, I remember seeing it for $25 a year ago. Was fairly common back then. Complete opposite now though and I think most locations had already pulled it for salvage.

Was at my local target last night as the GF wanted to go. Looked to see if they had any PS4 copies of Tsushima, they had ONE hiding in the case. Rang up as $20 - showing 50% off of $40. I decided to pick it up as I wasn't going to fuss over a ~$2 difference for the $17.99 price that SlickDeals had. 

When I got it home I noticed there was a big red barcode sticker on the back of it. I have no idea which barcode he rang up, and if that meant anything/would have rang up differently. 

Edit : Facepalming - just realizing I bought the standard version instead of directors cut lmao. Oh well. 

$20 for fire stick not bad at all
Really? SELL me on it.. may be in the market for one. However if I hook this up to my gaming monitor, how would sound be outputted?

as I type this out, I realize I have one of these sitting in the box brand new sealed, purchased probably like 5yrs ago or so.. during the KODI madness phase, was goin to mod it and use as a Kodi stick but then all that seemed to come crashing down.. I wonder what version or year this one is, anyone know how to look that up?

**edit - NVM, it says right on the box, 2nd generation.

anyone know if the 2nd gen Firesticks still have any life left in em?

Really? SELL me on it.. may be in the market for one. However if I hook this up to my gaming monitor, how would sound be outputted?

as I type this out, I realize I have one of these sitting in the box brand new sealed, purchased probably like 5yrs ago or so.. during the KODI madness phase, was goin to mod it and use as a Kodi stick but then all that seemed to come crashing down.. I wonder what version or year this one is, anyone know how to look that up?

**edit - NVM, it says right on the box, 2nd generation.

anyone know if the 2nd gen Firesticks still have any life left in em?
I get your frustration but I was only saying good deal as I possibly may get for family. Not sure with second gen but likely there may be

I get your frustration but I was only saying good deal as I possibly may get for family. Not sure with second gen but likely there may be
all good, was jus looking to get your or another fellow CAG'rs take on the device is all.

For me and my lifestyle, as in I watch little to no tv, I think the 2nd gen will work fine for me as is.

Don't know what happened to my reply but somehow it got all screwed up. Btw if don't find at target bestbuy has it as well for $20. Other models being clearenced out too

Don't know what happened to my reply but somehow it got all screwed up. Btw if don't find at target bestbuy has it as well for $20. Other models being clearenced out too
you replied inside the quote..

but gotcha, cooL, and I will def keep an eye out... if it drops anything less than $15 I will cop, but for now and until I get me a 4K tv, the 2nd gen will suffice, plus like I said, only have MONITORS right now, no TV, so until that gets squared away...

[attachment=36609:Black Pumas 1.jpg][attachment=36610:Black Pumas 2.jpg]

heads up, the vinyl seems to have hit the holy grail of 70% clearance level, crazy cuz I been having my eye on the Black Puma album since October or so..

been watchn for that album to drop down to 70% clearance level so can't believe my luck yesterday when I found it..  Didn't think it would hit, but guess patience and LUCK pays off

first it was $24.50 (30%)

then it was $17.50 (50%)

then it hit the HOLY GRAIL 70% CLeARANCE level man....

thats crazy, cuz that rarely happens, usually they destroy product before it gets that far or "donate" to Goodwill.

Funny cuz at my local Target, they have that same album for $34.99, and even tho there is a spot on the shelf for it, the Target app in store says that the album is not carried in my store and sold ONLINE ONLY.  Target inventory system definitely all types of messed up...

Black Pumas - Colors (Official Live Session)

^^ thats the song that put me on these guys..  if that song don't do NADA for you, then ya ain't HUMAN

and this is me saying that, a DIE hard Gansta-RAP and Oldies fan, in other words I don't listen to country music...

RUN.. Don't walk

oNe

p.s. don't know much bout Imagine Dragons, but I would have spent more on a cancelled burger nite out date then the $5.99 it cost me so I took a chance on it.

Imagine Dragons on vinyl if you need that switch commercial song (or any commercial really I think that's just their genre) in the highest of fidelity

btw if you correct me on Imagine Dragons trivia or audiophile crap you fell for it

Imagine Dragons on vinyl if you need that switch commercial song (or any commercial really I think that's just their genre) in the highest of fidelity

btw if you correct me on Imagine Dragons trivia or audiophile crap you fell for it
YOU MONSTER!!!

all that aside I must say, there's always one in every crowd..

50% off sale still hasn't ended around here. Subnautica Below Zero for Xbox/XSX (which seems to be delisted from Target's site) rang up as $14.99.

Some games that reached 70% off:

:ps4:
The Sims 4 + Eco Lifestyle Expansion 207-34-0502 $14.99
Astroneer 207-34-0455 $8.99

Did some more game clearance hunting and noticed that some titles that were available before seem to be getting pulled for or designated as salvage now (it may show price of $0.00 on in-store scanner).

Team,

Need some advise and counsel here..

Talking PS4 as I do NOT have a ps5

If I already have the standard vanilla copy of Ghost of Tsushima, what all do I gain out of buying the Directors Cut version of it? 

i.e. How worth it is it for me to drive out 45mins to a Target that has a "couple" copies of it? 

Currently playing thru vanilla copy now, but at my play thru rate, by the time i'm done with, the PS5 Directors cut will probably be $9.99 as standard retail price...

appreciate any and all input on this here.

Thanks in advance! 

p.s. don't know much bout Imagine Dragons, but I would have spent more on a cancelled burger nite out date then the $5.99 it cost me so I took a chance on it.
I liked that Imagine Dragons record, but it is a hyper-commercial pop album which may not be for everyone's taste.

Team,

If I already have the standard vanilla copy of Ghost of Tsushima, what all do I gain out of buying the Directors Cut version of it?

i.e. How worth it is it for me to drive out 45mins to a Target that has a "couple" copies of it?

Currently playing thru vanilla copy now, but at my play thru rate, by the time i'm done with, the PS5 Directors cut will probably be $9.99 as standard retail price...

Thanks in advance!
i wouldn't drive 45 mins on the chance of finding an item unless i called ahead and they were willing to hold the item.

I liked that Imagine Dragons record, but it is a hyper-commercial pop album which may not be for everyone's taste.
haha, gotcha. I googled them and I see that they did that one song for The Transformers movie.. so if its stuff like that, it should be dope and I'm hype to check it out!!

Don’t waste your time or gas. Go through your backlog and play other games in the meantime. Then, pay $20 on BF for the ps5 DC version. You should have the means and funds to get a ps5 disc console by then.
guess I needed to hear that from others besides myself.. and your right, by the time I get to it, PS5 SLIM will be out and GoS:DC will be $15 on BF.

Good stuff

Team,

Thanks in advance!
I'd hold off as others stated too unless able to get them to hold copy otherwise you'll waste time and gas. I managed to get mine under $20 for PS5 randomly at GameStop as some guy just wanted to get different games but couldn't as was stuck with that,Ratchet and Spiderman

Don’t waste your time or gas. Go through your backlog and play other games in the meantime. Then, pay $20 on BF for the ps5 DC version. You should have the means and funds to get a ps5 disc console by then.
This is sound advice. I suppose what matters most is how long you plan to wait to buy a PS5. I don't plan to get one for at least the next two years. Part of this is the supply issue (I'm not hunting for a console - don't care enough and have far better things to do), but mostly I pick up new consoles after there are at least 50 games I want on it. PS5 has a while to go to get there.

So for me, I'll pick up PS4 versions of PS5 games, especially if they're at a reasonable price.

This is sound advice. I suppose what matters most is how long you plan to wait to buy a PS5. I don't plan to get one for at least the next two years. Part of this is the supply issue (I'm not hunting for a console - don't care enough and have far better things to do), but mostly I pick up new consoles after there are at least 50 games I want on it. PS5 has a while to go to get there.

So for me, I'll pick up PS4 versions of PS5 games, especially if they're at a reasonable price.
Apparently, Sony is going to continue making PS4s this year, so it's still a viable system to own.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/12/22880062/ps4-manufacturing-sony-ps5-shortage-xbox-one

I always try to get the slim versions but that's just me. I typically wait to pick up the phat ones when they clearance them out though.

I’m on the same train of thought. I’m in no hurry to get a PS5 considering (1) the library isn’t super extensive right now, (2) my backlog of just PS4 games is laughingly large, and (3) I want to take advantage of the 2TB SSD I just installed in my PS4 Pro.

bread's done
Back