Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Black Pumas 1.jpg Black Pumas 2.jpg

heads up, the vinyl seems to have hit the holy grail of 70% clearance level, crazy cuz I been having my eye on the Black Puma album since October or so..

been watchn for that album to drop down to 70% clearance level so can't believe my luck yesterday when I found it.. Didn't think it would hit, but guess patience and LUCK pays off

first it was $24.50 (30%)
then it was $17.50 (50%)
then it hit the HOLY GRAIL 70% CLeARANCE level man....

thats crazy, cuz that rarely happens, usually they destroy product before it gets that far or "donate" to Goodwill.

Funny cuz at my local Target, they have that same album for $34.99, and even tho there is a spot on the shelf for it, the Target app in store says that the album is not carried in my store and sold ONLINE ONLY. Target inventory system definitely all types of messed up...

Black Pumas - Colors (Official Live Session)

^^ thats the song that put me on these guys.. if that song don't do NADA for you, then ya ain't HUMAN

and this is me saying that, a DIE hard Gansta-RAP and Oldies fan, in other words I don't listen to country music...

RUN.. Don't walk

oNe

p.s. don't know much bout Imagine Dragons, but I would have spent more on a cancelled burger nite out date then the $5.99 it cost me so I took a chance on it.
Any other vinyl on clearance?

Just did a quick run-through at our local Target.   No 50% off or clearance discount signs in or around video games, but a few games were ringing up for less than marked when taken to the price-check at the end of the aisle.

Picked up:
PS4: Dark Alliance (Marked $30, rang up $12)
(Brickseek is bringing up the wrong info; it brings up a different title called Yomawari Midnight Shadows?   UPC is 816819018583 and DPCI is 207-34-0306.)

PS4: Trover Saves the Universe (Marked $30, rang up $9.99)
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-34-0289

PS4: Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (Marked $30, rang up $9.99)
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-34-9404

XB1: Wolfenstein Youngblood Deluxe Edition (Marked $40, rang up $19.99)
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-32-2049

XB1: World of Final Fantasy (Marked $30, rang up $0)
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-32-0192

World of Final Fantasy was ringing up $0.00, so we took it to checkout to see what would happen.  The cashier keyed in the $29.99 price on the sticker, and we made mention that it wasn't scanning for that price.  She flagged over a manager, and they both scanned it a couple times before the manager said she'd let me have it for $7.98.  YMMV, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Random find: Just Cause 4 Gold for XB1 $15. Did not expect local Target to stock non-standard edition
4a37b0e7ec069294ab2c57987aa69936.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Just did a quick run-through at our local Target. No 50% off or clearance discount signs in or around video games, but a few games were ringing up for less than marked when taken to the price-check at the end of the aisle.

Picked up:
(Brickseek is bringing up the wrong info; it brings up a different title called Yomawari Midnight Shadows? UPC is 816819018583 and DPCI is 207-34-0306.)

World of Final Fantasy was ringing up $0.00, so we took it to checkout to see what would happen. The cashier keyed in the $29.99 price on the sticker, and we made mention that it wasn't scanning for that price. She flagged over a manager, and they both scanned it a couple times before the manager said she'd let me have it for $7.98. YMMV, of course.
shouldve went to self checkout

Just did a quick run-through at our local Target. No 50% off or clearance discount signs in or around video games, but a few games were ringing up for less than marked when taken to the price-check at the end of the aisle.

Picked up:
(Brickseek is bringing up the wrong info; it brings up a different title called Yomawari Midnight Shadows? UPC is 816819018583 and DPCI is 207-34-0306.)

World of Final Fantasy was ringing up $0.00, so we took it to checkout to see what would happen. The cashier keyed in the $29.99 price on the sticker, and we made mention that it wasn't scanning for that price. She flagged over a manager, and they both scanned it a couple times before the manager said she'd let me have it for $7.98. YMMV, of course.
As mentioned a couple of days ago that's an item designated to be pulled for salvage. As you discovered they may still be able to come up with a real price and sell it at their discretion, though it's very much YMMV as you pointed out.

shouldve went to self checkout
In this case it wouldn't let you check the item out anyway.

Picked up:

Every time I scan an item and it comes up $0.00 my stupid ass brain goes "ooh, maybe...?" for like .5 seconds

:Switch:
Disney Tsum Tsum Festival - $12.49

Popped up at a store I had already visited previously. They must have pulled it out of the back or something because it wasn't there before.

Sorry for being a bit off topic but has anyone done the $8 two year warranties on controllers? (The warranty that’s thru Allstate). Just curious if it’s worth it to put it on a PS5 controller or if it’s a pain in the ass to deal with if the controller does break.

Sorry for being a bit off topic but has anyone done the $8 two year warranties on controllers? (The warranty that’s thru Allstate). Just curious if it’s worth it to put it on a PS5 controller or if it’s a pain in the ass to deal with if the controller does break.
Anecdotally on the insurance. We had a TV that died and had the Allstate insurance on it, they had us do some diagnostic stuff, then take some pics of the error and send them. They then just gave us back the full amount of what we paid on the TV, but not the $30 we spent on the insurance. It was a pretty painless process. We got the approval on the phone and the check within 7 days.

Anecdotally on the insurance. We had a TV that died and had the Allstate insurance on it, they had us do some diagnostic stuff, then take some pics of the error and send them. They then just gave us back the full amount of what we paid on the TV, but not the $30 we spent on the insurance. It was a pretty painless process. We got the approval on the phone and the check within 7 days.
Okay good to know thanks. I’ll get it when I pick up the blue PS5 controller.

Spotted on my Twitter feed: potentially price/promo mistake however you wanna call it, YMMV.

B1G1 Pokemon Arceus
40be6e3ce3706b5afd0374cb57239400.jpg
c61727242b529c88a058a8bdda514f7f.jpg

I'm at Target now but it's sold out so can't try. I see 2 Switch in the display case along with three copies of Mario Kart home circuit.

Spotted on my Twitter feed: potentially price/promo mistake however you wanna call it, YMMV.

B1G1 Pokemon Arceus
40be6e3ce3706b5afd0374cb57239400.jpg
c61727242b529c88a058a8bdda514f7f.jpg

As I mentioned earlier here for a similar promo for another title, this sort of thing is people misconstruing the situation. It's actually supposed to be get a free bonus/swag item with purchase of the game, NOT buy 1 get 1 free on the game itself, so adjust your expectations accordingly. Bottom line, if at Target they do the latter then they are making a mistake and are fools.

Honestly, In the Small  portable Price Checker Unit it show up Buy 1 get 1 Free.  I refer you call  your local Target customer service & give them DPCI # 207-30-2389 to see the item instock or not.  If yes, you can ask  them on hold  (2 copies) of Arcues  and tell them you be there in 10-30 minutes to pick it up. Also, ask it's still on sale for  Buy 1 get 1 Free ?  If they say Yes... whenever you pick up the 2 copies they will look it up at the Portable Price Checker Unit and do price adjustment Buy 1 get 1 for $0.01 or 50% off on both copies.

Do not greedy ask for FREE ITEM. 

Pfft, all in or nothing I say. Can always swap a game later so you're not stuck trading/selling the extra copy. I don't even buy many games anymore so it's a bit weird for me to feel muted on a sweet deal like this.

I have to say it is pretty tempting to do this.  I could give the second copy to my niece for her birthday present at no cost to me.

I have to say it is pretty tempting to do this. I could give the second copy to my niece for her birthday present at no cost to me.
it'd be much more tempting if it was an actual deal that wasn't extremely YMMV. This will require getting a rep who doesn't care and is willing to override the price.

Except that it's not a "deal." It's employing the sort of scummy tactics that if reversed, and Target advertised a Buy One Get One free deal but when you walked up to the register with two copies of the game and the associate was all, "Well actually, the deal is buy one copy of the game and you'll get this stationary set for free" yall would be (rightfully) crying false advertising and (rightfully) saying what a piece of crap Target was for pulling such shenanigans. 

Interesting enough  last night saw Assassins Creed Origins shelf tagged for $4.99 on Xbox and $5.99 on PS4.. 

Not yellow clearance but bold white tags...

First time I saw this so kind of cool.

Dont feel bad same nonsense as Bestbuy.. preordered the game and it doesnt ship until today... what was the point of preordering???
Mine didn't ship on time either but I'm not complaining. The entire world is in a bad place right now so I'm just considering myself lucky compared to other people since this is the worst of my problems. Worker shortages, supply problems, shipping problems, etc. If you're really unhappy then you can buy it somewhere else and then return your copy to BBY when it arrives if they didn't live up to your expectations.

Mine didn't ship on time either but I'm not complaining. The entire world is in a bad place right now so I'm just considering myself lucky compared to other people since this is the worst of my problems. Worker shortages, supply problems, shipping problems, etc. If you're really unhappy then you can buy it somewhere else and then return your copy to BBY when it arrives if they didn't live up to your expectations.
there is always one of them

Gaming currency gift cards will be on sale - buy one, get one for 15% off at Target starting tomorrow, Sunday, 2/6.  Video games will also be buy two, get one free.

Gaming currency gift cards will be on sale - buy one, get one for 15% off at Target starting tomorrow, Sunday, 2/6. Video games will also be buy two, get one free.
Surprisingly enough, a lot of first-party Switch games are currently part of the B2G1 free promo, including the recently released Pokemon Legends: Arceus. I have to wonder whether they will end up pulling the first-party titles from it though because typically they have generally been excluded from it in the past. Though I suppose there is a first time for everything. Anyway I picked up Metroid Dread for $40.

Surprisingly enough, a lot of first-party Switch games are currently part of the B2G1 free promo, including the recently released Pokemon Legends: Arceus. I have to wonder whether they will end up pulling the first-party titles from it though because typically they have generally been excluded from it in the past. Though I suppose there is a first time for everything. Anyway I picked up Metroid Dread for $40.
I think they just let them slip through the cracks on purpose at this point to move some copies.

Update: Looks like most of the first-party Switch games have been removed from the promo now. Glad I got in on it early.

Local deal obviously, but the Haddon Township store had some repackage/online only titles that seem to have been intact:

:ps4:
Outriders $9.60
Death Stranding (original release) $19.60
Rainbow Six Siege $4.80

:xb1:
Outriders $9.60
Biomutant $14.41
Scarlet Nexus $12.01
Cobra Kai $7.20

Local deal obviously, but the Haddon Township store had some repackage/online only titles that seem to have been intact:

Outriders $9.60
Rainbow Six Siege $4.80

Outriders $9.60
Biomutant $14.41
Scarlet Nexus $12.01
Cobra Kai $7.20
Those are mostly likely returns

I’m fairly close to there, but sadly nothing of interest to send me over there.

Thanks for the heads up

Outriders $9.60
Rainbow Six Siege $4.80

Outriders $9.60
Biomutant $14.41
Scarlet Nexus $12.01
Cobra Kai $7.20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outriders $9.60
Rainbow Six Siege $4.80

Outriders $9.60
Biomutant $14.41
Scarlet Nexus $12.01
Cobra Kai $7.20
Better than my store. since I moved. my new store sucks. I missed my old store, always got some quirky stuff.

Did Target end their pricematching in electronics or is my store being a dick again? First world problems having to go to the front customer service desk to PM, but c'mon.

bread's done
Back