Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Was at Target today and decided to check the empty video game section. It's still really bad. Between both PS and XB, probably only a handful of games left. Nintendo Switch case is filled though.

Was at Target today and decided to check the empty video game section. It's still really bad. Between both PS and XB, probably only a handful of games left. Nintendo Switch case is filled though.
Both Xbox and Sony have digital-only consoles so the future is clear. I buy physical Switch games for many reasons but only buy physical Xbox games if they are some super deal.

I also got the new 20% off video game accessories Circle coupon that's good for this week.  Maybe that's one for everyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 20 off video game accessories. Is that what ur talkin about?
Nah, there was another offer for 20% off video games.... with the usual exclusions of course:

https://www.target.com/circle/offers/24?detail=386614

I got it last week but didn't see anything interesting to use it on as a Switch owner. Now I got the 20% off on video game accessories as well:

https://www.target.com/circle/offers/24?detail=386616

Probably won't end up using that one either though as I'm pretty well set.

Tactics Orge PS5 just got slashed to $24.99 on clearance.  Great deal.

Tactics-Ogre-1.jpg

Attn fellow coffee lovers and enthusiasts! there is currently a price mistake on Starbucks 12oz bags that will prolly get fixed within the next 12hours.  The usual "buy 2 get for $7.99 apiece" is accidentally buy 2 for $8, i.e. $4 apiece.  Both the large print and the fine print on the signage is likely a mistake, and they are ringing up that way.

(It's taking $5.99 off each individual bag, like the small print says. Weekly ad shows the normal 'save when you buy 2; $7.99' verbiage.)

Starbucks-1.jpg

I bet it's fixed by the morning.  But yeah, got 6 packs for $24 total.

Starbucks-2.jpg

Attn fellow coffee lovers and enthusiasts! there is currently a price mistake on Starbucks 12oz bags that will prolly get fixed within the next 12hours. The usual "buy 2 get for $7.99 apiece" is accidentally buy 2 for $8, i.e. $4 apiece. Both the large print and the fine print on the signage is likely a mistake, and they are ringing up that way.

(It's taking $5.99 off each individual bag, like the small print says. Weekly ad shows the normal 'save when you buy 2; $7.99' verbiage.)

Starbucks-1.jpg

I bet it's fixed by the morning. But yeah, got 6 packs for $24 total.

Starbucks-2.jpg
It's already been fixed online. There's a "$7.99 price each when you buy 2" message that pops up when you add two bags to your cart. But the 10% off food and beverage Circle coupon still applies to the offer, so there's that.

But congrats. As I always say, if you're not saving on non video game related items as well, you're doing it wrong.

Tactics Orge PS5 just got slashed to $24.99 on clearance. Great deal.

I saw this a few days ago at a couple targets. Seems like a national or regional clearance. Disagree on a great deal though. $35 is MSRP. $15 or so is my buy price.

I saw this a few days ago at a couple targets. Seems like a national or regional clearance. Disagree on a great deal though. $35 is MSRP. $15 or so is my buy price.
MSRP is $50. It's on sale at Best Buy (and price matched at Amazon) for $35 for another 3 hours or so.

Saw empty shelf tags for $11.98 TMNT Cowabunga collection for PS4 and Xbox today when grabbing groceries. No copies in sight though.

Attn fellow coffee lovers and enthusiasts! there is currently a price mistake on Starbucks 12oz bags that will prolly get fixed within the next 12hours. The usual "buy 2 get for $7.99 apiece" is accidentally buy 2 for $8, i.e. $4 apiece. Both the large print and the fine print on the signage is likely a mistake, and they are ringing up that way.

Starbucks-1.jpg

I bet it's fixed by the morning. But yeah, got 6 packs for $24 total.

Starbucks-2.jpg
Oof, great deal but unless your cup is never empty that's going to be a lot of stale coffee. I can't ever go back now that we grind fresh daily.

Stopped in a local Target today and got these:

Mass Effect LEgendary Edition (PS4) $5.99

Star Ocean The Divine Force (Ps5) $29.99

not the best price clearance wise on SO but that was a buy price for me 

MSRP is $50. It's on sale at Best Buy (and price matched at Amazon) for $35 for another 3 hours or so.
It's been $35 shortly after launch. Everywhere. That's the new SRP, not a sale.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0B8T6TV38

You can see it's been the same price for three months straight. The $50 is make believe just to drum up sales again in the near future.

It's been $35 shortly after launch. Everywhere. That's the new SRP, not a sale.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0B8T6TV38

You can see it's been the same price for three months straight. The $50 is make believe just to drum up sales again in the near future.
It's $50 at Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, Target, Amazon (now - check your link), PSN...

Just because Amazon kept price matching people who had it on sale doesn't mean that's the new MSRP. Now that nobody has it on sale, they've just matched Walmart's $49.80.

Looks like it's part of the PSN sale starting tomorrow, though, so maybe they'll match it again, lol.

Bought Tactics Ogre PS5 for $15
Saw Soul Hackers 2 for $18 and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for $9 but sold out.

185.jpg
186.jpg
Tactics Ogre for $15 is a great pickup. That got me out looking in my area for it. Found one store who carried it, but was listed on clearance for $24.99 there. Picked it up anyway, with the idea of testing a return/rebuy in a few weeks. Hoping by then most stores will have it at 70% off then.

Saw mostly the same with some of what was mentioned above—some Mass Effect for $5.99, some empty slots for the PS4 version of the Cowabunga Collection for $11.98 (sold out in every instance, as it should be). I did find a lone clearance copy of Star Ocean for $17.99 at one store, so it managed to hit 70% off there.

I really wish Target pricing/clearance could roll out uniformly when it occurs. Bit of a scavenger hunt right now (for better or worse). Thanks to those people who have mentioned some of the games above. Been awhile since I’ve had interest in anything Target was clearancing, and besides that fact, the game sections look legit pitiful right now. Hoping it’s not the end of an era in CAG history.

Tactics Ogre for $15 is a great pickup. That got me out looking in my area for it. Found one store who carried it, but was listed on clearance for $24.99 there. Picked it up anyway, with the idea of testing a return/rebuy in a few weeks. Hoping by then most stores will have it at 70% off then.
Saw mostly the same with some of what was mentioned above—some Mass Effect for $5.99, some empty slots for the PS4 version of the Cowabunga Collection for $11.98 (sold out in every instance, as it should be). I did find a lone clearance copy of Star Ocean for $17.99 at one store, so it managed to hit 70% off there.
I really wish Target pricing/clearance could roll out uniformly when it occurs. Bit of a scavenger hunt right now (for better or worse). Thanks to those people who have mentioned some of the games above. Been awhile since I’ve had interest in anything Target was clearancing, and besides that fact, the game sections look legit pitiful right now. Hoping it’s not the end of an era in CAG history.
The gaming section in my areas are completely dead. They don’t even bother to clearance anything out anymore, it’s hard enough to even find an employee to get something for you. Been wondering the same tbh.

Saw Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles for PS4 clearanced half off at $29.99, don't think I've seen that posted yet

Went in today to see if any of the clearance was at my Target and all the shelves were pretty empty including Switch. They put the cards for the $10 and $20 eshop cards in the display area just to fill them, lol.

Was able to pickup Tactics Ogre for PS5 for $14.99. Clearance is now tagged per game in the shelf at my local Target. The game section was pretty full. Even saw a PS5 there which was pretty cool.

I have noticed that the app shows more games for same day pickup than what's on the floor. I do wonder if the shelves are just not being stocked for whatever reason.

I don’t know if it’s national clearance on all those games but, I went to a target that didn’t have clearance stickers at all for jojo and tactics ogre was able to get both at the prices people listed. Might be worth trying if you were looking for them just thought I’d share that. Seems like target is changing how they clearance out games.

Also demon slayer was $18.99 at both of the targets I went to but, passed on it want a ps5 copy.

I don’t know if it’s national clearance on all those games but, I went to a target that didn’t have clearance stickers at all for jojo and tactics ogre was able to get both at the prices people listed. Might be worth trying if you were looking for them just thought I’d share that. Seems like target is changing how they clearance out games.

Also demon slayer was $18.99 at both of the targets I went to but, passed on it want a ps5 copy.
What’s annoying is most of the time there’s no one at electronics when I pass by lol and I try scanning the bar codes with the app but doesn’t show clearance prices

What’s annoying is most of the time there’s no one at electronics when I pass by lol and I try scanning the bar codes with the app but doesn’t show clearance prices
Yeah they don’t show on the app just have someone pull them for you everything I seen posted in the thread was at the price people were saying. I went to a couple stores, the one that had the games didn’t have the clearance stickers, it took a while to get someone to get the games for me. I went to 3 different target because they’re pretty close by where I am in texas people are clearing them out though.

Did you notice anything at all for Switch clearance?
No tags can’t really tell. I just went to another one and got the last copy of Star Ocean on Xbox for $17.99. I think a bunch more stuff was clearance or something because every target I’ve gone to the shelves are completely empty. It’s usually not that bad. Also star ocean was $50.99 on the shelf.

Did you notice anything at all for Switch clearance?
I went to one of the few stores in my area that I knew still have a bunch of loose games on an endcap in electronics and I scanned the Switch games but didn't see anything noteworthy. Was mostly looking to see if Tactics Ogre Reborn for Switch might be discounted but it seems like Target doesn't even carry it. At least not anymore. Also TMNT Cowabunga Collection for Switch was still full price. That one was still on the planogram in the Switch display case though. Haven't seen anyone report any Switch games either so sadly it seems like no clearance for this platform at the moment.

This week is Target Circle Week, (Ends 3/11) so be sure to activate circle offers for possible stacks.

Got a nice $10 reward with $60+ purchase but nothing I want rn tho
Mine was $10 reward with $100 purchase.

There’s also a 5% off purchase offer to activate. I think you need a Red card for that one to be on your account. You will still get the 5% off red card purchases on top of that 5%.

I picked up the DK and Luigi Amiibo (they also have Peach, Mario and Bowser) along with some groceries and a couple books I wanted for my kids to hit the $100.

Got a nice $10 reward with $60+ purchase but nothing I want rn tho
When I get those offers, I buy third-party gift cards with them in order to get the bonus. Subway is the only restaurant that is close to my job, so I'll get those cards or Nintendo eShop/PSN/Xbox Live cards if I just want to meet the requirement.

And mine was a $10 reward with a purchase of $80 or more.

I have noticed that the app shows more games for same day pickup than what's on the floor. I do wonder if the shelves are just not being stocked for whatever reason.
I have been in my Target and the game I was looking for was not on the floor (stock of games was pathetic). But the app said I could do in-store pickup at that same store. I ordered it online and picked it up later that day. So the games might be kept in the back stock room for some reason.

wow I’d love to find that. I’ve never seen it in any target store. MSRP or clearance.

Are you sure it’s for PS5? Do you have the dcpi?
Xbox and Ps5 version are clearanced.

Good luck finding it though. Ps4 version might be as well you’d have to ask them to ring it up. Also you can get dcpis from the app or the website through the info tab.

Ghostbusters Spirits Unleashed was in the case marked down. But Demon Slayer PS4 & Cowabunga Collection Xbox weren't even priced in the "no home" area. 3 separate stores.
Best to price check games you're interested in.
Very haphazard way for clearance

bread's done
Back