Target Clearance Thread XXIV

My brother's Target Circle had $15 off $100. We grabbed two copies of Dead Island 2 at $41.66 ea (plus tax). Was tempted to get D4 as the third game after my ultimate was refunded, but as it is online-only and I have plenty of M$ points, I got it digital instead.

Whelp, that seals it for FFXVI now. I have Diablo IV for the foreseeable future and that puts me dangerously close to Starfield launch in Sept after the first season battle pass. Looks like I won't be bothering with this until a BF sale now, which is a shame because I was desperate for a great game to play for months. Would have much rather had this in Feb over Hogwarts that was. . .well, just filler. Square is right to be concerned because even though the game is sounding to be excellent, their launch window couldn't be more shit.

Some decent PlayStation stuff to consider that’s eligible for the B2G1 promotion (at least right now, 5:45AM eastern, 6/11):

Elden Ring PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $44.99
Signalis PS4 $29.99
Octopath Traveler 2 PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $44.99
Callisto Protocol PS5 $29.99
Stray PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $32.49
Dredge PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $29.99
Knight Witch PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $29.99
Omori PS4 $34.99
Bramble: The Mountain King PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $29.99
Street Fighter 6 Deluxe Edition PS4 (unsure about PS5 upgrade) $84.99
Diablo IV Cross-Gen Bundle PS4/PS5 $69.99
Cuphead PS4 $29.99
Chernobylite PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $23.49
Atari 50: Anniversary PS4 $29.99
The Ascent PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $19.99
Prodeus PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $29.99
Endling: Extinction Is Forever PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $29.99
Wanted Dead PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $39.99
Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania Edition PS4 (preorder) $44.99
The Devil In Me PS4 (free digital PS5 upgrade) $29.99 <— limited stock remaining

Tried to highlight some smaller/niche stuff that might not have large printings or deep sales often.

Happy shopping, guys/gals!
Thanks for the heads up on the cheaper games. I picked up Signalis, Atari 50, and Knight Witch (all PS5) for $55 shipped after applying my $10 off $70 coupon. Good deal.

I bought the Mario movie for in-store pick-up at Target. Went home and found out my copy is missing the digital code. Do I contact Universal or just go back for an exchange?

Any of you guys got any recommendations for video game artbooks from Target? Seems like they don't carry as much as they used to... or I just don't know what to look for. 

go back to store for exchange
Yeah, I did that this morning and the second copy was also missing the digital code slip. Glad I asked to open the second copy at the customer service desk. The electronics person went back and found a copy with the slip. Not sure how many he had to open, but Target might have gotten a bad batch.

Yeah, I did that this morning and the second copy was also missing the digital code slip. Glad I asked to open the second copy at the customer service desk. The electronics person went back and found a copy with the slip. Not sure how many he had to open, but Target might have gotten a bad batch.
Yeah, I was gonna say open the replacement in front of them. It's not the first time I've read about an insert with digital content missing from a brand new sealed item that is advertised to and is supposed to contain it. Clearly someone goofed in the manufacturing/packaging process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read about the sale last night and went to a Target that I knew would have a decent selection of titles.

I went with D4, Jedi Survivor, and One Piece Odyssey.

Something odd I’m seeing, at least with books, is I’m finding things like the art of god of war ragnarok deluxe cheaper on amazon or under the cost of the target price even after the 33% off. Is it possible amazon is just straight up lowering prices buy 1/3 on some items to compete?

Forza Motorsport just got added and is eligible. Funny only one game they added
Got it, thanks for the heads up.

It also looks like Xbox Diablo has been removed from the deal but they’ve added in some of the PlayStation Days of Play titles (Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank). No changes for Switch it seems.

Something odd I’m seeing, at least with books, is I’m finding things like the art of god of war ragnarok deluxe cheaper on amazon or under the cost of the target price even after the 33% off. Is it possible amazon is just straight up lowering prices buy 1/3 on some items to compete?
Possible. You also have to factor in the red card discount as well so they might be using that too.

Fingers crossed for Starfield and Spider-Man 2 to get pages on Target and get added to the sale. Like wtf, they have set release dates, they should at the very least be on the site!

The About the Author section is good: "Nintendo is a Japanese video game company founded in 1985." Impressive!
lol, that's some bad/misleading info and somewhat amusing. They may have come to prominence in North America in 1985 but Nintendo was making games and electronics before then (notably in Japan). And wasn't their breakout game Donkey Kong in arcades in like 1982? Also, the big elephant in the room is that they were founded more than 100 years ago and used to make playing cards. Poor choice of words on the product page.

Ordered 6 items in total from the B2G1F sale, and for 2 of my items- I was sent the wrong thing. Kinda stupid even though they sent the wrong item, they have to receive the return first before the fix the issue... worse yet, they're making me do two separate packages vs combining them into one return. 

Ordered 6 items in total from the B2G1F sale, and for 2 of my items- I was sent the wrong thing. Kinda stupid even though they sent the wrong item, they have to receive the return first before the fix the issue... worse yet, they're making me do two separate packages vs combining them into one return.
Just curious, what did they mess up? My issue is finding the same items elsewhere for cheaper prices than the B2G1 prices. Tried getting a price match after the fact but was informed by their online reps that it didn’t qualify due to the B2G1 promotion. So worst case scenario, I run a return for those items and repurchase them elsewhere.

I placed two orders for B2G1

I got 4K movies: Mario, Dungeon and Dragon and Across the Spider-verse (Preorder).

Then I got three games for Xbox: Dredge, Knights Witch and Bramble Mountain King. These all arrived today.

I received the Mario and D&D movies yesterday. Digital code was included with Mario.

Damn I must've missed Spiderverse cuz just not included now

I placed two orders for B2G1

I got 4K movies: Mario, Dungeon and Dragon and Across the Spider-verse (Preorder).

Then I got three games for Xbox: Dredge, Knights Witch and Bramble Mountain King. These all arrived today.

I received the Mario and D&D movies yesterday. Digital code was included with Mario.

Damn I must've missed Spiderverse cuz just not included now
Yeah, anytime with Target’s buy2get1, you see something that’s not “supposed” to be part of the sale eligible, (most frequently it’s preorders, sometimes it’s “new releases” like Diablo IV was) get the order in quick because they will fix it.

I’m actually kind of amazed Forza has made it this long.

Just curious, what did they mess up? My issue is finding the same items elsewhere for cheaper prices than the B2G1 prices. Tried getting a price match after the fact but was informed by their online reps that it didn’t qualify due to the B2G1 promotion. So worst case scenario, I run a return for those items and repurchase them elsewhere.
One of the items was supposed to be To Kill a Mockingbird 4K BD, and I was instead sent Justice League X RWBY BD.

Other mess up was Rayman Legends NS- I ordered the physical version, they sent me one of those 'code cards in case' version.

One of the items was supposed to be To Kill a Mockingbird 4K BD, and I was instead sent Justice League X RWBY BD.

Other mess up was Rayman Legends NS- I ordered the physical version, they sent me one of those 'code cards in case' version.
Damn, that sucks. Guessing those weren’t things available in store either? I remember a few years back ordering Mortal Kombat XL and receiving Mortal Kombat X instead. Fortunately the local store had copies of XL and made it right. Now that you’re mentioning the hoops you’re having to jump through to get your order corrected, I suppose I should be even more thankful that I didn’t have that sort of headache.

I hope they get it right for you the second time around.

I got the Sony WH1000XM3 ANC headphones on clearance for $100 a couple years ago. Hands down the most comfortable and sleekest looking headphones I've ever owned. I don't know why they have to make their gaming headphones so bulky and ugly by comparison.

It's not even advertised/designated as such either. Looks like they never created a separate SKU like they should have to preclude this exact issue. Anyway, this whole stupid code-in-box practice of putting a physical product on the shelf with no actual physical game is becoming more and more common, notably with Ubisoft's older releases. I've seen it overtaking titles that used to come with cartridges, like Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection, Mario Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Family Feud, etc. I guess add Rayman Legends to the list of casualties now too. The same will probably happen to Immortals: Fenyx Rising and the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection sooner or later too.

edit: Team17 is another publisher that comes to mind with this practice too

For some reason FF16 deluxe gives u 2 $10 gift cards if u pre order. Went ahead and placed an order with my $10 off
The normal release has two $10 gift cards listed when you order too. I am going to try to price match this since they already shipped the copy I ordered before.

The normal release has two $10 gift cards listed when you order too. I am going to try to price match this since they already shipped the copy I ordered before.
Target shipping pre orders early? That’s unusual. Let’s see if they backorder my pre order again

Target shipping pre orders early? That’s unusual. Let’s see if they backorder my pre order again
Well, shipping label was created and they sent me an email saying it shipped. I am sure they will not actually ship it until next week.

And also they would not let me match the deal to get a second gift card. :(

For some reason FF16 deluxe gives u 2 $10 gift cards if u pre order. Went ahead and placed an order with my $10 off
Thanks for the heads up. Was able to get an order of the standard with the two gift cards before they fixed it. Hopefully they’ll honor it!

I’ll just pick it up Thursday. there’s a deal in target circle for making 2 qualifying purchases of $60+ and you get $10 applied to your account. and I already made one purchase yesterday when I bought snacks to pack for lunch at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you pick them up? Seems like a good deal.
Yeah I got the mainly for my new Aus ROG Ally but I also have a ps5. Only used them for a few minutes so far o. Bluetooth with ally without downloading the app but they sound good. I wouldn't pay $300 for them but $90 is a deal.

Does anyone know how the target buy 2 get 1 free glitch works? I bought the 3 zelda tears of the kingdom ce books. I canceled 2 of them and have the 1 order. But I'm still being pending charge of the full price of the 3 items? Will this get sorted out when it ships?

bread's done
Back