Target Clearance Thread XXIV

stocked up on psn credit. had a circle offer of $30 with 3 orders of $80 or more so CAG math says i paid roughly $210 for $300 of psn credit. now to wait for balder's gate 3 to go on sale. hopefully they do the $15 gc with $50 purchase again soon so i can stock up on TP with all this target credit.
I see the $15 gc with $100 PSN credit, is there another deal on missing? $300 in PSN credit would get you $45 in target gcs, and then the $30 for 3 transactions over $80 would be a total of $75 in gift cards. Even at $225, that's like 25% off and a good deal, but let me know if there's something else you stacked.

I see the $15 gc with $100 PSN credit, is there another deal on missing? $300 in PSN credit would get you $45 in target gcs, and then the $30 for 3 transactions over $80 would be a total of $75 in gift cards. Even at $225, that's like 25% off and a good deal, but let me know if there's something else you stacked.
i paid with red card, another 5% off the 3 psn cards (5% off $85, target gives you $15 off the psn cards and you pay for the target gift cards, and such you only get the 5% off on the psn cards). each order total was $95.75, so red card gave me another 12.75 discount, which is why put the "roughly" in there. 212.25 would be the actual total.

Last edited by a moderator:
i paid with red card, another 5% off the 3 psn cards (5% off $85, target gives you $15 off the psn cards and you pay for the target gift cards, and such you only get the 5% off on the psn cards). each order total was $95.75, so red card gave me another 12.75 discount, which is why put the "roughly" in there. 212.25 would be the actual total.
I always forget to calculate the 5% red card on PSN/eShop cards, thanks!

stocked up on psn credit. had a circle offer of $30 with 3 orders of $80 or more so CAG math says i paid roughly $210 for $300 of psn credit. now to wait for balder's gate 3 to go on sale. hopefully they do the $15 gc with $50 purchase again soon so i can stock up on TP with all this target credit.
Buying gift cards is always the best way to take advantage of those offers. I use a prepaid cell phone (I will never get a phone contract again), so I usually meet my quota on those offers by buying phone cards to pay my bill ahead if I don't buy gaming gift cards.

Anyway, kudos!

Target has a few deals on digital gaming cards.  More specifically, you can get a Target gift card with the purchase of a gaming card.

If you buy $100 in PlayStation Network digital gift cards, you can get a $15 Target e-gift card.

https://www.target.com/p/playstation-store-gift-card-digital/-/A-89551054?preselect=53918420#lnk=sametab

And if you buy a $50 Happy digital gift card, you can get a $5 Target e-gift card.  The one in the link belows works for Xbox Live credit.

https://www.target.com/p/happy-b-day-original-content-gift-card-email-delivery/-/A-87532803?preselect=87471150#lnk=sametab

Buying gift cards is always the best way to take advantage of those offers. I use a prepaid cell phone (I will never get a phone contract again), so I usually meet my quota on those offers by buying phone cards to pay my bill ahead if I don't buy gaming gift cards.

Anyway, kudos!
didnt know giftcards qualified for those offers

People reporting stacking coupons today plus the free game for sub-$375 on XSX. It's extremely YMMV as I don't have either circle deal they're talking about. I just wish someone would put the damn console on sale for $400 so I can get a deal already.

Pretty sure the game is marked as zero on your invoice so you can't return it unless you want to give it back for free.
So if you cancel the console, the game for me got a $8.59 discount citing the "free game with X purchase" but $0.00 for the % off tech. I think it came to about $65 for a $69.99 game lol.

For the Target circle bonues, does the total need to be after RedCard discount or can it be after?

I've got 3x$50 so I'm wondering if I could use my RedCard on $50 GC purchases. Thanks!

People reporting stacking coupons today plus the free game for sub-$375 on XSX. It's extremely YMMV as I don't have either circle deal they're talking about. I just wish someone would put the damn console on sale for $400 so I can get a deal already.
I was lucky enough to be able to take advantage of this - $320ish for the XSX after dropping the game.

For the Target circle bonues, does the total need to be after RedCard discount or can it be after?

I've got 3x$50 so I'm wondering if I could use my RedCard on $50 GC purchases. Thanks!
If you look under the frequently asked questions in the Terms & Conditions section for those offers:

"The minimum purchase threshold is calculated before other offers, discounts (other than sale prices) and taxes are applied."

So eligibility should be determined prior to Red Card discount.

From the wording, it sounds like the only thing that would affect it is straight-up sale prices (i.e. those that don't involve a Target circle offer).

It's after all discounts including RedCard - I just credit for a $63 purchase as if it was $120 because offers knocked it down that much.

I disagree. There were some good games to pick up as part of the sale, e.g., Under the Waves, Marvel Midnight Suns, and Asterigos.
I don't know about PlayStation or Xbox but the selection for Nintendo Switch was quite paltry & very lackluster and probably the worst yet (and I've closely observed a lot of these).

Dang looks like I missed out on the B2G1 Target deal. Anyone know if they ever do that sale more than once before Christmas or am I out of luck now?
If things hold to form as in years past then they won't run the promo again until Q1 next year.

I don't know about PlayStation or Xbox but the selection for Nintendo Switch was quite paltry & very lackluster and probably the worst yet (and I've closely observed a lot of these).
Fair enough. Switch games weren't really part of the sale (and usually aren't),

Unless you wanted garbage games, you didn’t miss anything.
I picked up six games during that sale. Most of them were late releases for the PlayStation 4. But I know that most people look for the big budget AAA titles to show up during those sales. I don't really care about those since their MSRPs tend to drop like a rock six months to a year after release.

Looks like I'm not buying many games this year.  Will probably just buy up a couple of the first party Switch stuff that I'm missing for $30 like Donkey Kong and Kirby. 

Can't go wrong there.  I remember a time when Nintendo titles NEVER became discounted.   That was like 5+ years ago. 

Kirby for $30 is ok I guess I missed that one later in the tweet

And Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze if you don't have that, everyone needs New Funky Mode in their life

The Diablo version of the Xbox will also be $449 with the $75 card (pic doesnt show it).

That seems like a great deal for people looking to pick up the system.

If there is ever a billboard saying don't buy sports games at launch, it's this.

When they used to drop from $60 to $25/30, that was one thing, but dropping from $70 to $30 is hilarious. FC 2024 came out less than 2 months ago lol.

I am surprised that COD MW3 isn't getting slashed yet.

Nintendo is usually left out of those "events".  I got Trine 5, Asterigos, and Endless Dungeon.  I really only wanted Asterigos, I'll see about the others (although Trine Colleciton still is in its wrapper lol)

I use those events to buy games that I have been curious about, not the ones I know I will play

Hogwarts for $30 seems like a solid deal though.
It's the price it's worth IMO. Remove the combat system and it was just a Myst-like experience theme park for HP fans. I'd never have made it through if the combat wasn't solid though.

They don’t need to. It’s excellent and a goty contender.
It was when it released in 2005. And VGAs lost my attention when they even considered a remaster for GOTY, as if there was any form of new talent behind the core game. It's not going to win, so why even waste a slot when the year was supercharged with brand new games that knocked it out of the park? Ridiculous.

bread's done
Back