Target Exclusive Tony Hawk Project 8 w/Deck for $62.98!

rabidmonkeys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Everyone was so busy talking about the Zelda set from Target, I never head that they have an exclusive PS2 version of Tony Hawk Project 8, with a deck! The retail said $89.99, but I found a stack of them at my local Target, marked down to $76.48. When she rang me up, it came up as $62.98! If you havent seen this it's amazing.

It has:

* Tony Hawk Project 8 for PS2
* "Signed" Deck
* a set of metal hooks to hang the deck on the wall.
* Certificate of Authenticity
* Code to unlock the deck in the PS2 version of the game

I searched before I posted and I know this is already in the Target thread, but it's buried so deep and no one seems to know anything about it, I thought I deserved it's own thread so people would see it. Especially when it's only $13 more than the normal PS2 version.

UPDATE: I've added more pictures on my site: theHardcoreGamer.com

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Everyone was so busy talking about the Zelda set from Target, I never head that they have an exclusive PS2 version of Tony Hawk Project 8, with a deck! The retail said $89.99, but I found a stack of them at my local Target, marked down to $76.48. When she rang me up, it came up as $62.98! If you havent seen this it's amazing.

It has:

* Tony Hawk Project 8 for PS2
* "Signed" Deck
* a set of metal hooks to hang the deck on the wall.
* Certificate of Authenticity
* Code to unlock the deck in the PS2 version of the game

I searched before I posted and I know this is already in the Target thread, but it's buried so deep and no one seems to know anything about it, I thought I deserved it's own thread so people would see it.[/quote]$hit I need to get to a target now. I wanted that set , but not for 80.00 , but this perfect price. I wonder if I can get the 360 version instead though.

I got mine from Target with the Xbox game when it first came out full price. Shit I wonder if I can PM my reciept.

[quote name='cag1000']I got mine from Target with the Xbox game when it first came out full price. Shit I wonder if I can PM my reciept.[/QUOTE]
Do you know what the real retail was? Because it's not listed on their site. Shouldn't you be able to do it if it's less than 30 days?

It is a real skateboard. I just looked it up on ebay. I will be going to my local Target to see if they have these. Now that I think of it, I think my Best buy had these, but I didn't really pay attention.

[quote name='cag1000']I got mine from Target with the Xbox game when it first came out full price. Shit I wonder if I can PM my reciept.[/QUOTE]

you can just buy the discount one (if they have xbox) and then return it under your old receipt as i believe target goes ninety days for returns

[quote name='hotwls13']It is a real skateboard. I just looked it up on ebay. I will be going to my local Target to see if they have these. Now that I think of it, I think my Best buy had these, but I didn't really pay attention.[/QUOTE]

No, Target holiday exclusive.

Go in and buy one at the clearance price, then go return it to guest relations with your old receipt- $27 back in your pocket.

Local target easily had over a dozen on the shelf clearanced the other day. Pretty much split between ps2 and xbox. Wouldn't surprise me if they had more in the back, as they didn't sell at all like the Zeldas did.

Target had several holiday "collector's" promos. I remember they had electric guitars "signed" by Paul Stanley and some others as well as the TH skateboard and some other things I can't remember. I believe TH was PS2 only when it was originally advertised.

[quote name='Surferflames']Local target easily had over a dozen on the shelf clearanced the other day. Pretty much split between ps2 and xbox. Wouldn't surprise me if they had more in the back, as they didn't sell at all like the Zeldas did.[/quote]

Not to Hijack this thread or anything, but are those Zelda things really hard to find? My target has atleast 30 of them on clearance for $32. I bought one just yesterday. If someone wants to redirect me to a thread about these things, feel free.

To add something to the topic, my target also has the tony hawk things on clearance as well.

The OP on this was like $80, I think.

Also, YMMV, but the guitars are down to $50 around my parts. Too bad I never saw a Paul Stanley, all they have here is Fall Out Boy and All American Rejects. No thanks.

So I take it these are unavailable for purchase separately? And are these usually placed in the video games section, the clearance section, or the sporting goods section?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So I take it these are unavailable for purchase separately? And are these usually placed in the video games section, the clearance section, or the sporting goods section?[/QUOTE]

Target doesn't have a clearance section, they put each department's clearance items on the end caps, generally facing the back of the store. It comes bundled with a game so its in the video game section.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']The OP on this was like $80, I think.

Also, YMMV, but the guitars are down to $50 around my parts. Too bad I never saw a Paul Stanley, all they have here is Fall Out Boy and All American Rejects. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

I was told today when I went back that the retail was $124.99. The $124.99 makes sense to since it would be 50% off and since target items generally clearance out at 25%, then 50%, the original clearance tag at $89.99 comes close to that as well. But eBay prices are in the range of $114-$130 +shipping so who knows?

OK, Skateboard question. My son has been wanting a Skateboard. Should I buy this, then unload the game, go buy trucks wheels etc. Or am I better off just buying everything at the same sporting goods store and just skipping this?

It's been years since I have built a skateboard, but I remember the process being pretty expensive.

how old is your son?
If hes pretty young then I wouldnt bother building him something, out of individual parts you will end up spending alot more. Especially if he ends up not really enjoying skating.
Id go through CCS personally and just build a board from there. Using one of their decks, their wheels... Its not shity stuff either.

the rule of thumb is you cant get a quality deck or any skate parts from a store like target, go buy your son a deck from a skateshop and stay away form the chinese made wood, its garbage. most likely this deck is chinese made.

i would ebay it and get a real setup.

OK, I guess I will skip this for my son. He is only 10. I will probably wait til his Birthday and let him build one at the local board shop. They always have deals for $99 setups.

Thanks guys.

I love the "metal hooks to hang on wall" part.

Why would you spend $50 just to hang it on a wall...

Especially something as riddiculously clichéd as a skate deck.

[quote name='wheels']the rule of thumb is you cant get a quality deck or any skate parts from a store like target, go buy your son a deck from a skateshop and stay away form the chinese made wood, its garbage. most likely this deck is chinese made.

i would ebay it and get a real setup.[/quote]The deck is a great Deck it's a authentic Bird House deck. So I wouldn't worry about it being a cheap china one like your thinking. I also was able to exchange the game at a different store with out a receipt for the 360 version. I as well saw the Guitar a Weezer one , but it was 100.00 and not 50.00.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']
[/quote] A nice shelf you got there :D Perfect shelf height for DVDs and games. Where did you get it?

[quote name='Bazz']The deck is a great Deck it's a authentic Bird House deck. So I wouldn't worry about it being a cheap china one like your thinking. I also was able to exchange the game at a different store with out a receipt for the 360 version. I as well saw the Guitar a Weezer one , but it was 100.00 and not 50.00.[/quote]

I would have to agree with Bazz, a Birdhouse deck isn't cheap quality.

Hell, if I bought this I would skate it, but I just got some Active blank decks during their $19.99 sale and grabbed me some cheap Elements.

[quote name='eau']A nice shelf you got there :D Perfect shelf height for DVDs and games. Where did you get it?[/quote]

I was gonna ask the same thing. My lame ass book shelf stands about as high as the four rows showing in that pic, but its only 2 rows.

[quote name='Bazz']The deck is a great Deck it's a authentic Bird House deck. So I wouldn't worry about it being a cheap china one like your thinking.[/quote]

Many of the major company decks these days are being made in china. birdhouse being one of them. buy american made skateboards, they are the same price and are made by americans, the inventors of skateboarding.

well a ton are made in Canada. Probably more than China. And to the guy looking to get his son a board, fuck yeah, support your local skate shop. I didnt realize you were in CA, shouldnt be hard to find a few places.

the whole chinese/american made thing is a big argument in skateboarding right now, as a consumer you make your own choices. a lot of the raw material for boards also comes form canada. i stick with american made boards, tony hawk has enough $$.

[quote name='FlyMaggot']I was gonna ask the same thing. My lame ass book shelf stands about as high as the four rows showing in that pic, but its only 2 rows.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember the brand name off of the top of my head, but they come in a silverish or (sometimes yellow) box that is completely square and very tall. They generally run $52.99 per shelving unit. Each unit holds 240 dvds/games per unit and if you bump two units right next to each other, you get an additional 40. So for $104, you can hold about 520 dvds or games. They used to only be $39, but they are still a good deal at $52.

We use them for all of our dvds and games and love them, mostly because they are so perfect for all types of media. One of the racks behind me when I took that picture has Sega CD games on one shelf and about a hundred boxed Atari 2600 games on the rest of them. Both are generally odd sizes for a storage system. In the picture, about 2 shelves down from where it cuts off are all of the Genesis, SNES, and NES titles which also fit really well. So if you are looking for a uniform system that can work across all media, this is probably the best deal you'll find. Plus they are simple and clean design. Not nearly as obnoxious as some of the other storage solutions we've looked into.

EDIT:
I noticed that I forgot to mention that we get them from Best Buy. ;)

[quote name='rabidmonkeys'] I noticed that I forgot to mention that we get them from Best Buy. ;)[/quote]
This one?

[quote name='eau']This one?

[/QUOTE]

That's them! I wish they sold the side pieces seperately or directly from the company. The unit comes with enough horizontal shelves for cds, but when you have a piece of media like a dvd or a game, you need 2 less shelves than they supply you with and after you buy 3 units you have enough for a fourth, minus the sides.

By the way when I bought mine it was the first day of release. Paid 89.99 I believe and got the Xbox version which was stocked considerably less than the PS2 version. Maybe 5 xbox versions to 30 something PS2 versions. So that's why I got the Xbox one. It looks like the xbox version may be more rare.

[quote name='menikmati']I would have to agree with Bazz, a Birdhouse deck isn't cheap quality.

Hell, if I bought this I would skate it, but I just got some Active blank decks during their $19.99 sale and grabbed me some cheap Elements.[/quote]

Hey what's up with the Active blanks for 30? Do you haver a link? How often is the sale?

How much do decks like this typically cost? I already have the 360 version so I just really want it for the deck. I like the simple design on it more than anything.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']How much do decks like this typically cost? I already have the 360 version so I just really want it for the deck. I like the simple design on it more than anything.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat. I have the 360 version but wanted the deck. The mothman-esque/rorschach design sold me. Does anyone know if you put the code in to the 360 version if it will work? And if it does; Will it f up the achievements, like the Daredevil code did for MUA?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']How much do decks like this typically cost? I already have the 360 version so I just really want it for the deck. I like the simple design on it more than anything.[/quote]

For pro model decks are generally about $40 - $60. Some go higher but thats the general area. For a generic deck or a local skateshop deck they usually run $20-$30ish.

I display some of my decks on my wall, I currently have the old Element Bam Margera Bats deck (usually referred to as the HIM I deck but its called Bats) and the Element CKY I.D.R. deck. My setup uses rubber tubing and hooks that clip onto the nose and tail of each deck. The tubing hasa ring that you set onto a hook thats ancored into the wall. Currently I ride a custom painted deck that I made over top a skateshop deck and just dispaly any new ones that I haven't switched to/smudged up yet.

[quote name='sevendead']For pro model decks are generally about $40 - $60. Some go higher but thats the general area. For a generic deck or a local skateshop deck they usually run $20-$30ish.

I display some of my decks on my wall, I currently have the old Element Bam Margera Bats deck (usually referred to as the HIM I deck but its called Bats) and the Element CKY I.D.R. deck. My setup uses rubber tubing and hooks that clip onto the nose and tail of each deck. The tubing hasa ring that you set onto a hook thats ancored into the wall. Currently I ride a custom painted deck that I made over top a skateshop deck and just dispaly any new ones that I haven't switched to/smudged up yet.[/quote]My friend has that deck , I have a different bam deck though , but I painted whole thing black after got pretty screwed up and gf was suppost to paint zelda sheild with sword through it, but never did.

One thing I do have to say about the game 360 version since I been playing it. Is I really didn't believe about how bad frame rate drops at times it really does get quite bad. They also said the ps3 frame rate is even worse. So that is really sad.

[quote name='cag1000']Hey what's up with the Active blanks for 30? Do you haver a link? How often is the sale?[/quote]

It was a couple of days ago I believe, activemailorder.com had their blanks for $19.99 a piece and I snagged 2, looks like the sale is over for the decks. I ordered on 12/27 so it was probably only a weekly thing. Going to slap on some Royals and Rictas and keep them in the trunk of my car as back-up setups.

Why did this need it's own thread? It's been reported extensively in the Target clearance thread. All the stores around here still have a TON of these. I'm waiting for it to hit 75% off, which will be $20.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I was told today when I went back that the retail was $124.99. The $124.99 makes sense to since it would be 50% off and since target items generally clearance out at 25%, then 50%, the original clearance tag at $89.99 comes close to that as well. But eBay prices are in the range of $114-$130 +shipping so who knows?[/quote]

Oops. Now that I think about it, you're right.

I'd been watching these things as I was fascinated by the idea of Target offereing "limited" collectables (and I was looking for the Paul Stanley guitar.) Figured they'd be clearanced out shortly after Xmas. Here's hoping the proce drops fast, all the stores here have a ton of the Hawk boards.

I saw a stack of about 8 of these on clearance at my local Target just under the leftover Zelda collector's set (The Target in Liberty for any of you KC CAGers).

bread's done
Back