Target Mario Kart 8 Preorder Keychains

maynardsnow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just picked up a Mario Kart 8 preorder card from Target and on the back was a free keychain.  $1 preorder card with free keychain and $5 gift card upon pickup of title.  Enjoy

EDIT:

Flash15's post is the correct keychain.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have too many keychains.  They weigh me down.  I would be all over this deal if Target would help me reduce my current quantity of keychains instead of burdening me with another.

Nice! Stil have my year old Amazon preorder. Zero deals.

Really stinks after Europe is getting this awesome bundle.

630x.jpg

And this preorder deck of cards.

630x.jpg
The blue shell id cool, and I guess the keychain/cards are ok, but WTF are they pulling with that shirt? I've got one exactly like that; Wal-Mart was selling them for $7.50 like a year ago. I'd say that's a ridiculously ghetto CE, but damn I've seen some abysmal CE's :cry:

Never understood why Nintendo favors other countries.
Racism?

Last edited:
Thanks OP, next time i'm at Target i'll grab a few for $1 and just never go back for the pre-order. Best Buy still got my money: $47.99 + $10 gift card FTW.

Thanks OP, next time i'm at Target i'll grab a few for $1 and just never go back for the pre-order. Best Buy still got my money: $47.99 + $10 gift card FTW.
Ohmahgerd you can't just not go back for a preorder!!!

Preordering a game is the equivalent of selling your soul and your first born child to that retailer until you pick up said game! /end rant of half the members on this board who can't comprehend a preorder is not that srs/

Now I'm waiting for someone to suggest buying the preorder card....removing the keychain so as to not leave a mark that it was there and then try to return that preorder card for the refund value. Oh snap!

Now I'm waiting for someone to suggest buying the preorder card....removing the keychain so as to not leave a mark that it was there and then try to return that preorder card for the refund value. Oh snap!
I LOL at those posts from previous threads. Hardcore CAGs!

Dang i was at target earlier and never bothered looking at the wii u section. Hopefully they still have aome tom before el horado gets them.

Dang i was at target earlier and never bothered looking at the wii u section. Hopefully they still have aome tom before el horado gets them.
I don't think you need to worry about el hoardo. If there were different characters to collect or a little higher quality product this would be an issue.

I don't think you need to worry about el hoardo. If there were different characters to collect or a little higher quality product this would be an issue.
exactly I wish they did what they did with that pac man game when they had the 4 or 5 different PAC man figures attached to the preorder card. Like a hot wheel kind of figure with the different mario kart characters driving.

Take the keychain from the card and don't pre-order?!? That will show them!
Hell, why stop there? Just sneak the game out the case before you leave the store..... they'll never miss it.......

Thanks OP. I ventured to a Super Target that usually always stocks stuff in a timely manner (unlike my Target 1/2 a mile from my house). I ended up buying 3 keychains, I mean preorders. That store had 9 total.

That store also stocked the new wave of $5 blurays like Black Sheep and My Week with Marlyn.

In the clearance section I also found this recent release for only $3.96 http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Spielberg-Pinky-Elmyra-Brain/dp/B00FMISRJG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398920746&sr=8-1&keywords=pinky+elmyra+and+the+brain

It was an online item return with an orange "online item" sticker covering the barcode. I love it when people return Target.com stuff that Target stores don't carry or have a sku for. :D/

Could i preorder, get the keychain, then the next day cancel it? I have a $25 gift card to best buy and am gonna use it there on mario kart since i never have gift carfs to target

Look, there's being a CAG and there's being an SD'er. You're talking about buying a pre-order card, taking the keychain and returning the card, if that doesn't seem the least but shady to you then you may be on the wrong forum.

Could i preorder, get the keychain, then the next day cancel it? I have a $25 gift card to best buy and am gonna use it there on mario kart since i never have gift carfs to target
Just don't pick the game up. They don't take any info from you for the pre-order, so if you don't pick the game up nothing at all happens.

But if you're honestly talking about returning the pre-order card to get your $1 back, then kitsunisan is right. Just eat the damn buck.

Some people take the "cheapass" thing to a whole other level.....it's getting a bit out of hand.

If you can't afford $1 for a keychain just don't get the keychain.

Also, Target preorders just sell you a card. They take down no personal information.

Haha i wasnt saying it about the dollar, guys. I didnt know if u had to give all your info like every other place that does preorders. Thats why i would've canceled it. It wasn't about getting $1 back. My friend works at target maybe ill see if he can just get me one and ill give him a dollar when we go see amazing spiderman tomorrow night. Thanks for the info.

Also, Target preorders just sell you a card. They take down no personal information.
Sh*t, they should! In fact, I had pre-ordered PvZ GW for the XB1 there, with full intent to get it there b/c I had gift cards. So the day its released, I go by there at 5pm after work asking about my copy. "Oh, we only got a few copies in and they are sold out" "BUT I PRE-ORDERED?!?" "Well, did the clerk write your name down in the book?" "WHAT EFFING BOOK?!?"

So needless to say, I was pretty pissed off about the whole ordeal, didn't get the game until 4 days later when they got more copies. So that was my lesson for if you pre-order something at Target with intent to get it, ask about the damn "book"

Sh*t, they should! In fact, I had pre-ordered PvZ GW for the XB1 there, with full intent to get it there b/c I had gift cards. So the day its released, I go by there at 5pm after work asking about my copy. "Oh, we only got a few copies in and they are sold out" "BUT I PRE-ORDERED?!?" "Well, did the clerk write your name down in the book?" "WHAT EFFING BOOK?!?"

So needless to say, I was pretty pissed off about the whole ordeal, didn't get the game until 4 days later when they got more copies. So that was my lesson for if you pre-order something at Target with intent to get it, ask about the damn "book"
everyone knows about the book. you didn't? lol living under a rock i see

So went by Target just to see if anything new hit clearance. Saw a pair of the iSport Monster headphones for $75.

Did find these preorder though. They had maybe 10 on the pegs.

I purchased 2. The quality isn't very good but for $1 I'm satisfied.

Finally found them! Grabbed two this morning before work. They had PLENTY with the keychain! :). 20-30 or so, i think. One for my set of keys and another to hang up around my entertainment area while playing the game. Also, people were planning on returning the cards? lol.

Just don't pick the game up. They don't take any info from you for the pre-order, so if you don't pick the game up nothing at all happens.

But if you're honestly talking about returning the pre-order card to get your $1 back, then kitsunisan is right. Just eat the damn buck.
Everyone that is talking about returning a $1 preorder card is truly a CAGer. Everyone should just eat the $1. Consider your time used for better things.

They should be available this weekend, starting the 17th for the two-day MK8 demo event :)
Thanks. I went to GS today and they didn't have them. They told me the posters will be available when you buy the game.

I bet you're correct. I'll try to remember to call GS on the 17th to see what's up. I'd rather buy it at BB with 20% off GCU and $10 gas card. I only preordered it at GS to get the 30% extra on a bunch of trade ins. If they give a poster too, that will make my decision simple: I'll buy it at GS.

bread's done
Back