Target Mario Kart 8 Preorder Keychains

maynardsnow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just picked up a Mario Kart 8 preorder card from Target and on the back was a free keychain.  $1 preorder card with free keychain and $5 gift card upon pickup of title.  Enjoy

EDIT:

Flash15's post is the correct keychain.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I went to GS today and they didn't have them. They told me the posters will be available when you buy the game.

I bet you're correct. I'll try to remember to call GS on the 17th to see what's up. I'd rather buy it at BB with 20% off GCU and $10 gas card. I only preordered it at GS to get the 30% extra on a bunch of trade ins. If they give a poster too, that will make my decision simple: I'll buy it at GS.
They told me they would be available starting the 17th. I already put down my $5 deposit and the guy wrote a note on a sticky sheet with my name on it and taped it to the register, stating to put one aside for me as soon as they come in, in case I can't make it in this weekend for the demo event.. which I plan on making, btw! LOL.

According to below you should be able to get them at the time of reserve, not at pick up:

Pre-Order Mario Kart 8 and Receive a Mario Kart 8 Poster!
Online/In-Store Pickup Customers: Please print your order confirmation page and bring it to your local store to receive your poster. To ensure product is available, it is best to call your local store ahead of time.
Store Customers: Poster will be available at time of reserve.

Got the last one at my local Target.

v1ic.jpg

My target only had 3 preorder cards left, one with no trace of a keychain, one with residue like someone stole the keychain, and one with keychain in tact, which I bought.  They should have locked these in plastic boxes.

I was actually surprised the keychain said mario kart 8 on it.  Just the metal part, but still, better than some generic keychain that was already out.  Says "do not sell 7 days before release" so if you are hunting for one, better get one soon.

I've never pre-ordered at Target before, am I reading the back of that card right in that the $1 you pay to pre-order is *not* applied to the purchase of the game?  I mean even so, you end up $4 ahead with that $5 gift card, I've just never seen a pre-order where the reservation payment wasn't applied to the game.

Yea it's not toward the game unfortunately, I pre-ordered Pokemon Soul Silver from them & didn't realize until I got there. Was some change short.
I know it's only a dollar but it kind of pisses me off they refuse to take that one dollar off. XD It's not bad in this case, since it's a dollar for a keychain.

My target only had 3 preorder cards left, one with no trace of a keychain, one with residue like someone stole the keychain, and one with keychain in tact, which I bought. They should have locked these in plastic boxes.

I was actually surprised the keychain said mario kart 8 on it. Just the metal part, but still, better than some generic keychain that was already out. Says "do not sell 7 days before release" so if you are hunting for one, better get one soon.
Pretty sure they're just reffering to the game itself. Please disregard this if you knew that already =P

Yea it's not toward the game unfortunately, I pre-ordered Pokemon Soul Silver from them & didn't realize until I got there. Was some change short.
I know it's only a dollar but it kind of pisses me off they refuse to take that one dollar off. XD It's not bad in this case, since it's a dollar for a keychain.
Agreed, that's some pretty ridiculous bullshit, at least it is when there are no preorder bonuses.

I got the Target pre-order for the keychain (they had a bunch), but I also wanted to get the pre-order at Walmart to get the wheel. The Walmart pre-order cards only mentioned VuDu movie money or something...  nothing about the wheel. Anybody know?

I was outta luck, they either sold out or all the keychains were stolen, the only had the 5 dollars gift card ones, doe anybody know how long they hold the preorder?

I was outta luck, they either sold out or all the keychains were stolen, the only had the 5 dollars gift card ones, doe anybody know how long they hold the preorder?
Back of the keychain card says 7 days. The wheel promo says while supplies last so I doubt they will hold those. They are given away with every copy regardless of preorder or not.

bread's done
Back